Supra mk5

Supra mk5

>BMW Engine

>implying you'll even buy it

not just the engine. the whole car is engineered by BMW.
And that is a good thing because for the first time ever there will be a well handling supra

Who cares? No one wanted a Supra that could handle well. No one's ever taken their Supra to a track that wasn't a quarter mile straight line.

t. brainlet
go buy a hellcat

So this car is basically a hardtop Z4?

still the same shitty rendering that's been around for months, fuck off

>well handling supra
>good

>Objectively worse than a 20 year old GM product

>German chassis
>German engine
>German transmission
They didn't try at all though

imagine being this delusional

I can't wait for someone to do a 2JZ swap on it

That looks bullshit.

you sound butthurt

It will be slower than a Camaro

Yes

>GM trash

Yeah with some ugly body panels slapped on and probably a bigger price tag.
I would be absolutely fine with it if they called it something else, like the Toyota Z4. Calling it the Supra just pisses me off.

user that's just a shitty crop of the FT-1

It'll probably be faster around the nurburgring than the new ZR1.

>yfw when its not a supra
>yfw when its the new 2000GT

>It's another car Veeky Forums can't afford
Plebs.

It's deceptive, but that's got more to do with the last 15 years of tire technology improvements than actual bullshitting.
It'll probably be slower than a 1SS base V8, never mind any actually fast Camaros.
Only if the Corvette bins it and limps home.
Just watch them ask $60,000 for this thing.

At least the B58 is a good tuner motor.

I could afford a Toyota Supra. A BMW Supra? Not worth the running costs.

Fucking hell that is ugly

I'll bet it loses to a v6 1le around a track..

Lets see the all the rivals come back. 3000gt 300zx RX7

top trim has 335hp

I’d love if Mitsubishi made a good coupe, but it ain’t gonna happen. Nissan will probly have a new Z car come out in maybe 5 years, although There’s no real info out there hinting that there’s anything in development. There may be an rx-9 sometime In The future but it won’t have a rotary. Those things are dead in this day and age due the inherently flawed design.

Jesus, my 22 year old Corvette has that much power. I just know this thing is going to be overpriced.

It's sad that even this site, full of weebs, is shitting on the Mk5 Supra when the Mk4 is the king of weebmobiles.

>8 speed auto

Just kill it now

My Z32 from 24 years ago made 35hp less.

Mitsubishi just makes lil shit SUVs now, I've never even seen one on the road.
Nissan will keep making starwars trim packages and drop all sports cars. GTR canceled. Mazda is snoozeville.

>spent gazoollions on all kind of motosports
>refuse to make their "most iconic sports car" themselves

>viper roof

looks like a bionicle

>implying Toyota isn't just cashing out on their memes
Just like the GT86

Nissan aren't developing a new Z car iirc,they ruled it out for the foreseeable future.

It's fake

Not a Supra

god, that pisses me off so much.

Auto only...
Hybrid option
Most likely a shitty v6
3600lbs

honestly they should have called it a celica and gave it a GT-4 option with the hybrid shit and gave the base car a turbo 4

The supra should be a halo GT car for toyota not lexus. Maybe build it on the LC 500 chassis with a nice 3.5L inline 6 with a pair of turbos and a manual trans

putting a Toyota badge on a BMW seems like a retarded idea from a marketing standpoint, and since anyone who actually cares about the Supra knows it's just a fucking BMW underneath it's a retarded idea as an enthusiast car as well
it's all around disappointing fuckery

Lexus started off as a niche brand only for the Americas, but then it got successful enough to where Toyota decided to make it a global brand, including their own domestic market.

We might have a new Corvette vs. the rest of GM situation on our hands.

hey they kept the tradition of supras being ugly

where my new celica at tho?

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? S50, S52, and S54 were/are all better than the meme 2JZ anyway

>thinking about all the cool shit Pontiac was cooking up
>how much of it got scrapped because big daddy GM was all "DURR DURR MUH CORVETTE"

I'm still impressed they were able to convince GM that the Fiero was going to be a lightweight economy car.

Death of cute

>no more Pontiac
>no more Holden
>no more Oldsmobile

Basically this. Toyota will never compete with domestics again.

Yeah isn't Toyota worried about protecting their reliability image?

This, they should have taken the LC, take all the luxury shit out, Toyota body, give it enough engine , suspension and price to compete with the high end Camaro/Mustangs, grandsport Corvette etc.

Europeans are to blame. They've always loved edgy shit. Europeans want everything to look as angry as possible.

>Drawing of a bird before european tastes are taken into consideration
Just a bird
>Same drawing after european critics leave the room
Flaming eagle clutching barbed arrows in one claw and lightning bolts in the other

John James Audubon did some good bird

>8 speed automatic
>3.8 seconds 0-60
>$60 000

JUST

>mfw 620hp ttV8 LC-F is coming
>mfw the 1LR will never be in any other car
>mfw the toyobaru will never get the lexus turbo4
>mfw the S-FR will never be real

The electric motor people keep hearing about will be a small unit to help with launches.

The magazine fucked up the weight, it will be around 12-1300kg.

It will be a turbo straight six in the Supra model. They'll release a Celica trim with the turbo 4 banger. ZF8 transmission in all models, I believe. They talked about a DCT, but didn't want to turn their development cycle into another LFA disaster.

Don't know about better, but they were genuinely excellent. BMW was been putting straight sixes I'm to sports cars for a really really long time, I'm not at all surprised they were sourced for it's design.

Didn't Mazda say the RX-9 was on the way and still using rotary?

Nope, they only confirm that the continue to develop rotary engines.

They've also been saying that the most likely application of future rotary engines is as generators in otherwise electric cars.

They're investing in a new factory for building crossovers, a new performance car isn't likely within the next 5 years.