Buick Grand Nationals 1988

what kind of engine do you want to see in a Buick Grand National

Bump

1.6T.
Also first car with 3 inline catalyc converters and new revised EGR that recover twice as much.

People don't care about our planet.

before the engine died on mine it would try to hop all the time it was fun but some more power could be fun

A 3.8 Turbo V-6. Of Buick variety.

could be fun

You're in luck. The 1984-1987 Buick Grand Nationals had this as an option. Oh wait, sorry, it was standard.

This, anything else in a GN is heresy.

LGW would be perfect, 400 hp and it' sstill a turbo GM V6. Doesn't sound as shitty as the 3.8 either.

A turbo 3.8. T-Types are better though.

T-Type wasn't better than the GN until 87.

I know it's utter heresy, but I would really like to Frankenstein one up with a turbo coyote.

>Single turbo LV3 V6
Anything else just doesn't fit the car. If you want 99% of the experience though, you're better off with a regular G-body, throwing in a 4.8/5.3 with an eBay turbo and a 4L80, paint it black and call it a day.

>VR38DETT
>Giulia QV V6
>Unironically, the Ecoboost V6 out of the GT

f1 ev engine

transverse inline 4

How utterly convienent.

Exactly same goes for T-types and doubly so for the GN-X. They're one of those cars that the engine is for me the point, if you want a LS or whatever else just get a regal and dress it up as a GN or what not. You'll save money and get what you want.

The GN is literally just a muh blackout appearance package for the T-Type, and T-Types have lighter wheels and aluminum bumper supports so they weigh less, plus GNs were mostly loaded so you can find T-Types without all the heavy power options easier.

something something supercharger

Wrong. Maybe for pure parformance, yeah. For the fun factor, the laggy GN turbo is better.

Ls1 obviously

VTEC

2JZ

any Jap engine just to get people mad

4bt with a fuckload of boost.

EJ15 just to piss off everyone, even the Subaru nerds because it's the slowest one