/fg/ - Falcom General #55

Previous thread: Unworthy edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmngA14nGxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Calvard when?

3rd for worthy

pls gib crossbell

God, shut the fuck up for a minute and let me save.

How hard would it be to put a save point after the boss fight before going through a billion lines of dialogue? Something tells me that this would be pissing me off even if I was playing this in a language that didn't require me to look things up. Maybe I should just hit record and start mashing circle.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

*gives Crossbell*

>still no pv

>Playing CS in Japanese
Why?

Why not?

Playing it in English won't do a whole lot for my Japanese studies, will it?

Trails is actually one of the series that got me to start studying, considering how long it tends to take between Japanese and English releases. What better way to learn the writers' favorite vocabulary than by playing Trails in Japanese?

>being surprised people know other languages
>not playing games as they were originally intended to

Are there a lot of ”手下限” in the original text?

Because he said he still need to look up some words. Well, it's okay if he did it for his studies.

You mean 手加減.

Are these awesome art work you guys keep posting found on pixiv?

Half and half. The problem is they basically handed the country back to Osborne on a silver platter, and weakened all his enemies, because they single mindedly focused on heroic and saving every little village from the big bad nobles, without thinking long term beyond "peace=good". Well not necesserily, because they traded peace for thier own nation for an occupied Crossbell and Ambria, and the rest of the continent looking at them like a bunch of assholes.

Meanwhile in Erebonia itself, to oppose Osborne is basically admitting you're for noble oppression and looking out for foreigners instead of your own, because that's what the guys that killed him were doing.

But Class 7's still mostly worked out in Olviert's favor, because all of them are pretty much entirely on his side. Meanwhile Rean being Osborne's personal piloting super soldier didn't last, but at the cost of gradually making Rean a social pariah because the countries hero doesn't want to fight for it's people.

>You will never be as gallant as Laura

It's good you are giving him your permission. But why is this so weird to you in the first place? Do you think people shouldn't touch anything unless they are 100% fluent? How do you think learning is supposed to work?

Will we finally start having Ys OPs once EOPs get VIII?

>Ys
Is that another spinoff like TX?

What if I already was 200 years ago?

Pixiv should still get some art but most artists moved to twitter a while ago. It sucks but there's nothing to do about it.

I wasn't being that serious when I wrote it, user. Calm the fuck down.

>2 weeks until Sen III
The threads will continue being about the superior series.

>students hate him
>Ouroboros wants to fuck him up
>his own birth dad calls him worthless
Were punished Rean memers right all along?

Of course.
Most people here hate him too.

I couldn't have know that so I had to say it just in case. I'm not particularly angry either but all right.

You forgot
>Class VII abandoned him

>Most people here hate him too.

You mean Class VII are the only people who genuinely care about him aside from his family.

We'll have Ys OPs when we can pick Adol's waifu, never ever.

As long as she's around, she'll heal any wound Rean gets!

I don't know what's going on in 3 but I do know Laura is gonna beat up your little fan club.

That line confused me, I rewatched this CM dozens of times but I still can't hear anything but "Instructor's mind and body...", I can't hear anything about healing.

Well, what else can she do with Rean's mind and body?

Steal.
Also I mean "heart and soul", of course, not "mind and body"

>implying students won't come to respect him once he does something cool and saves them
>implying a girl won't love him too since you'll get your usual dating sim options and you'll like it
>implying ouroboros isn't just fucking with everyone
>implying that asshole matters especially when rean already has a loving family
>implying class vii won't appear to to support him
>implying there's not a ton of unironic cs fans who love him
Rean's problem is that he didn't love himself. He just needed a therapist from the start to get some self-esteem but unfortunately he was stuck listening to everyone's else issues every week so he was left with forced angst.

How many party members are we going to have in CS 3?
Everyone from Sen 2 is back, there's the new class VII and people like Tita, Tio and Agate which were shown as party members. It's getting as crowded as the 3rd and I hope it is.

Sen II had more playable characters than 3rd though.

Why doesn't Tio want to share mishy?

Rean and new kids are the main cast now. Everyone else will probably be a guest for a chapter and a final dungeon.

Because Renne's hands are full of crusty old men juice.

Old Class 7.
New Class 7 (technically new Class 7 and Musse and Ash)
Tita
Agate
Tio
Apparantly Aurelia
Probably Randy
Probably Olivert

Maybe it's a limited edition.

We've seen groups of the kids without Rean and Rean with just old Class 7+Aurelia, so there may not be a main cast at all anymora.

>sharing your husbando

The new kids get dropped at times too.

Apparantly it's just Rean+ whoever the chapter gives you.

Id be pissed if they dropped Class 7 for some new literal whos after all the time we spent with them

Dude who's learning here.

Contrary to what a lot of people who don't know where to start when it comes to learning a foreign language believe, the process doesn't look like "attend classes at university, come out the other side with a native-level grasp on the language". On the contrary, languages (Japanese especially) take too much time to be taught effectively in your typical university program. You either study independently, attend five hour-long classes four days per week at a language school, or some mixture thereof. Even if your employer or the state is putting you through a proper language school that'll get you on your feet, you'll still need to engage in significant levels of self-direction.

This kind of thing is par for the course with anybody who wants to play JRPGs and read VNs in their native format.

>Preorder Ys 8 from gamestop
>Suddenly remember I wanted the big ass special edition from NIS's site

Welp looks like I know what my pal's getting for his birthday that month

lucky pal

What's going on here? Will Ash finally pop her cherry?

>anta
Ash doesn't care about shit sister.

>we get to see Eidolon Gear with CS3 animation
I'll be mad if they do it like they did with Lloyd and don't give her the final S-Craft she got.

>Why is this commoner talking to me?

I'm guessing everyone but Rean and new class 7 will only have one S Craft.

Tio will likely get her barrier one, if only for variety sake

She's been spending her time as queen oneesama deflowering countless maidens, no filthy male pig can stop her rampage

It's nice that CS3 finally looks passable, graphics-wise.

CS1 is a really ugly game with horrible animations. Falcom being a small studio who's taking their first steps away from PS1-tier graphics doesn't excuse what we got here. Compare Ar Tonelico 3, which came out seven years ago.

>That game had the worst fucking combat.

True, but we're talking about graphics and animation. AT3 wasn't a gorgeous game, but Alto also didn't move like a robot and look like he belonged on the PS2. Maybe someone should have forced Falcom to press sex appeal so that they didn't feel like they could get away with cheaping out on the appearance and animations of the characters.

Too bad no one's allowed to have a boyfriend in this game.

You can have a boyfriend if you're a boy.

You can have a boyfriend as long as you aren't one of Rean's possible waifus.

But that's forbidden love.

Not in Erebonia, the land of fujos.

>this
>gorgeous

youtube.com/watch?v=FmngA14nGxY

In what fucking world, buddy?

What does /fg/ think about this pairing?

I don't think about them at all.

This literally looked like a PS2 game with robotic motion.

>so there may not be a main cast at all anymore
That would be nice, but I don't think I can jump on that hype train until I see a non-debug screen where you can walk around with a non-Rean character, with Rean not in the party.

>AT3 wasn't a gorgeous game, but(...)

There's a word that you appear to be overlooking in that sentence. I'll let you find it.

Yeah... I haven't had my coffee yet. Sorry dude. I'm stupid.

I still don't understand this.
Did you start playing SC with expectations of being able to drop Estelle from the party as well, or what?

post arts with Aurelia

No? I'm not expecting to be able to drop Rean either.

i want do some police business with elie

Estelle wasn't a smelly shit.

yes she was

What a cute tulpa.

>nu reans cock

I want to fuck Estelle.

Osborne's line got edited. It was changed to "disappointing", instead of worthless.

Why doesnt rean fuck elise

why should he?

Will he ever be happy?

That middle bang is so stupid and unnatural and disappointing.

Because Alisa is canon

Call the police.

Is it possible to have sex with tulpa?

You just watch Anton will be protagonist for Calvard arc after finally he had enough.
He will cut everyone who try to give him despair, he also heighten his pussy magnet power in the process, gaining himself harem bigger than what rean have.

I hate how nobody punched Angelica in the teeth for her gay bullshit. He's even more obnoxious than Olivier in FC.

CS3

Pretty sure she'd be the one doing the punching. Punching hard enough to punch your head off even.

this is how i want to die

What Phantasmal Mirror characters will we see? If they even bring em back

It's not like anyone does anything about Mariabell being obnoxious either.