What other thing do I need for my car?

Hey Veeky Forums these are some of the supplies I'm getting for my car, just to have in an emergency situation. What else might I need? I live in miami, FL (a hot mostly humid area in the US).

I drive a 2010 Nissan Altima, I don't have it on the list, but I'm going to buy some blindspot mirrors for my cars as well, just to be on the safer side.

>What's the most expensive thing you've bought for your car?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18369338/#q18374024
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy fuck user, look at the amount of money you're spending on random shit you'll never need and rarely use.

Spend that on service and better parts for your car, you really only need to carry a gas can and some spare fluids in a climate like Florida.

You don't need the battery kit, just some cables so someone else can give you a boost w/ their car. You don't need the fire suppressant either. or the window emergency breaker thing or the roadside LED thing. Maybe consider getting a first aid kit just in case anything happens.

But thats the point, this is something I MAY not use at all! But id rather have it. Im already saving a fund for the car incase I need to fix something. I dont plan on buying that all at once, just cash flowing it and saving up.

My brother and mother have been in situations where the jumper cables were in the car, but didnt have another available car to connect to. Id prefer to have the battery just in case. Im inclined to agree the fire suprressant isnt something neccessary. The window breaker has to be there for me, its a deal breaker. The light, id like to have. The road flare, not so much.

Im not going try to come off as autistic for insulting your choices or not, but I feel too paranoid to not have the first aid kit, the battery, the light, and escape tool.

Very rarely my friends have gotten into accidents, and tell me they wished they had a spare phone battery or a light at night because their wheel popped.

What I'd do is get the jumper pack (maybe a smaller one than that though that one is fairly heavy duty for what you'd realistically need it for) a small first aid kit, good LED flashlight, and that window breaker tool in the middle console/glove box. That's it.

how much soy is in your diet?
escape tool? why isn't a knife with glass breaker in your pocket right now!
dashcam? to record your trips to glory hole?
maglite dcell? is your boyfriend a cop? get a chink quark 4sevens whatever led

jumpstarter not bad idea. but you'll probably forget to charge it or not know which is your + - or where to ground and fry you ecu or blow up battery.

>portable jump pack
Wtf just buy cables and wave someone over for help or call someone with a car. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS holy shit

I own a 2013 Altima coupe and a 2012 Alima sedan. What blind spots are you talking about??

Jesus, you have no idea what you're doing

Only things that belong in a car
>$4 chink led light
>battery cables
>couple microfiber cloths to wipe shit off the dash and glass
>plastic ice scraper for the winter
>maybe some sort of swiss knife/multitool
>1 pair nitrile work gloves

So I'm actually going to try and be helpful, the battery jump pack is a little excessive. You can get a much smaller jump pack that is chargeable from in the car for about 70.00

I would also recommend a full size towel like you use to bring to the beach, one of those emergency aluminum foil blankets, some snack bars, and if you live in a hilly climate, a tow rope.

I also carry a multiple screwdriver, and one of those gimmicky many socket tools, as well as a bunch of zip ties as well as a full gallon of coolant/oil.

Considering carrying some brake fluid as well.

I daily a ~30 year old car in Montana so I don't think this is too excessive.

>AAA

Maybe one of those Bluetooth OBD readers for about $10. Roadside assistance with your car insurance is very cheap so you might want to look into that.

>Dashcam?
>Not wanting to record assholes for insurance
>Not wanting to save money

A compass you stupid FUCK

Jump pack is overkill, they make small ones that can jump a car maybe like once or twice with usb so it doubles as a phone charger too, that jump pack is something you'd have on a car lot or something.

Get a real fire extinguisher

>Maglite

Your phone's flashlight is brighter lmao.

I mean, I keep a socket set (5-15mm deep sockets and a wrench), a leatherman and a first aid kit aswell as variations on the shit you posted (replace the maglite for a knife and a regular cree flashlight, the jump pack for something smaller and cheaper, the fire suppression in a can for a small actual ABC extinguisher, and actual flares instead of the LED one) for a long roadtrip (500+mi one way, they go in) else I just keep the roadflares and jumper in the space with my full size spare.

Only thing on that list that's worth it, is the dash cam. And just keep a knife, or piece of pipe in the car incase of niggers.

You gotta adjust the beam bro. Most everyone has a maglite but you can't adjust it bc it's old and crusty so you think it's shit. Go LED anyways tho

One time had to stop in St. Louis with my dirt late model. It was on an open back trailer and it was at some 7/11 or whatever. Curious black man approached and wanted to know about it and seemed generally curious but I made sure to be within arms reach of a breaker bar or something blunt at all times.

this guy gets it

gen z lmfao...

Holy fuck user, I bet you've got a weeks worth of food and water tucked away in your closet too. I don't even have a jack or tire iron in my car. She'll be right

Yeah, but can you beat the shit out of niggers with your phone?

I've just got a spare, runflat green diarrhea, 2kg ABE, jumper cables and technically an isolation switch for my battery from the cabin (Miata, battery in rear).

>Window hammer
If you need a window hammer to get out, it wont be through the windshield (laminate) and your doors would be fucked and cracked already.
>Dashcam
Subjective, but smart.
>Maglight
I'd get something Li-Ion desu, Alkaline has fuck all lumen generally.
>Jumper pack
I drive a manual, so subjective I guess.
>Emergency puck
I'd just use my hazards.
>Extinguisher

IMO every single person should have one of these. Noone has one in their house, noone has one in their car. Hero of the day material right there.

Same, literally took out the spare for fuel efficiency gains

>Hey Veeky Forums these are some of the supplies I'm getting for my car
You are choosing things like a headless chicken. The sky is not falling. You should read the archived Veeky Forums threads on what to carry in your trunk other than a first aid kit.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/18369338/#q18374024

AAA membership and cellphone covers a lot of things. And it's useful for non-emergency situations too. You need a dashcam because of all the insurance scammers and liars out there that want to jump onto your insurance. Someone needs a new bumper because their nice shiny metal one got bent from them backing into something, so the brake check you and your insurance buys them a replacement for the truck bumper they damaged in the first place. Your dashcam would stop that.

>Hey Veeky Forums these are some of the supplies I'm getting for my car, just to have in an emergency situation

a gun

That link is horrible. When do you need items such as windex, touch up paint, or trashbags?
>Oh jeez, some person scratched my 2001 Toyota Camry, thank the heavens I have touch up paint or else my day would have been ruined
That's even more stupid than OP's list.

Seconding this. I've never needed it for diagnostics, but it's fun/interesting to have the info. Torque app (free) is legit, has plenty of features/readouts.

Since you're going full-on safety vest and helmet mode, you might as well get the jumper battery that can inflate a tire too. A plank of wood and some sand if you get stuck in mud. First aid kit, water, food. A change of clothes and a blanket. Tire patch kit or foam. If you don't have a spare tire and jack, get one. Gas can (empty, unless you want to use those fire extinguishers). And most importantly, condoms, for when you can't fight off Tyrone 'cause you're a weak little soyboi who got an escape tool instead of a knife.