What engine is in this Datsun 510?

What engine is in this Datsun 510?

bumperino

Looks like a 350 Chevrolet V8. Popular swap into just about everything.

tree fiddy?

I was thinking 90's LT1, but the valve covers don't seem chevy-like.

Tree fiddy

Look more at the intake manifold. Clearly a mid to late 80's Chevy small block.
Besides, you can see the Chevy bowtie on the valve cover in the first picture.

First pic the valve cover literally says Chevrolet with the bowtie

Idk, probably some LS.
I posted because I want to see the drivers footwell. That engine looks like it's so far back from the stock firewall that there isn't any way the drive could be any taller than 5'10".

It's an LT1

350 SBC with an LT1-style aftermarket intake, but I doubt its an actual LT1 but that doesn't really matter because the heads look aftermarket too.

>sticking a v8 into a 510
why

this image makes me angry beyond belief

>why

Maybe they like the look of the car and want a decent amount of cheap reliable power. The same reason people swap a V8 into just about anything. It's their car for them to enjoy.

If Forza has taught me anything, its because you can fit ANYTHING in that bay

i mean at least it's not rat rodded so when they get bored and sell it someone can fix it

Its already ruined, has a cage and everything

that's fixable, i'm not one of those faggots who cares about KEEPING IT FACTORY FRESH just don't kill a car by being a faggot

thats because youre a fucking hobo bus rider

Believe it or not it was fairly common back in the '80s to put an old Buick 215 in them. Good power, sounds like sex, and doesn't upset the balance too much because all-aluminum. They also fit perfectly with very little modification. You basically just have to mount the radiator on the outside of the support.

this is the correct answer.

tree fiddy?

Except that's not a stock tpi setup.. I know, I have an 89 iroc with a 350 TPI sitting in my parents driveway(my old car and haven't moved it to the new house yet). I'll agree it's some sort of mpfi setup, but def not a stock tpi setup of the late 80's.

Very few people are purists who want to maintain the car exactly as was, or enthusiasts to the specific mechanics of the vehicle who are interested in getting the most possible performance out of what is there.

Most people want the biggest bang for their buck, or like wonky ideas like swapping big ass V8's into tiny, Japanese coupes.

Its a tpis miniram intake

This.

Is that Larry Chen from Hoonigan?

Crap.