Tfw no light, fun, NA 4 cyl cars anymore

>tfw no light, fun, NA 4 cyl cars anymore
>tfw no fun cars period
>it's difficult to get even a new fucking civic in manual now because dealers are basically only interested in leasing
>brainlet normies are unironically BEGGING for their driving privileges to be taken away by automated electric cars.
The BRZ and ND miata are the last of their kind guys. After asian kids in LA stop buying them it's all ogre.
RIP cars.

then prove them wrong, buy the car you want.

retard

Yeah, I keep wishing that Nissan will come out with a new 240sx or something. :(

It's just not possible to dd a 20+ year old car anymore. Especially if you work a full time job and need something reliable.

I mean buy an ND or BRZ

that Datsun 510 revival concept was too good for us mortals

literally every manufacturer that had an FR manual still offers one

Expensive as fuck and both cars aren't anywhere near perfect
ND
>numb-feeling electric steering
>body roll out the ass
>That stupid tablet thing sticking out of the dash
>6k redline is pathetic and makes taking corners really boring, also you always run out of revs on the highway when overtaking
BRZ
>shit steering
>shit clutch
>VERY high compression engine means more problems in the long term
>that combined with the engine position makes dding a risk because it's hard to wrench on
>it's the Asian fuckboy car
>redline is better than the ND but still eh
>shit wheels that make you skid around for no reason, you basically HAVE to change them for any kind of non-summer weather
Like what? Mustangs are shit, everything nissan offers is a turn and I'm not buying some 3ton mutt monstrosity "muscle' car.

I own an ND, the overboosted steering gets better after a few thousand miles. it's electric assisted, not full drive by wire.
the body roll can be fixed for about 400 dollars in sway bars.
ECU flash can put the fuel cutoff over 7k easy.
I agree that the tablet thing is shit, I bought a base model without it and am planning to drop in an aftermarket diff this summer.

Did you buy or lease?
Is it even a good idea to buy anymore? I feel like most modern cars just aren't meant to be owned long term.
Also I remember the suspension being a little too soft for my liking, is there anyway to fix that without coil overs?

bought.
sway bars in effect transfer the load of one side's spring/shock to the other. I find my car fine at the moment like this. also did you test the car on 16s or 17s?

it was a stock manual one. I didn't think to ask about the tires but probably 16s. They were better than the BRZ tires though.
I still don't know how I feel about the steering. Compared to my friends old 2003 Civic both cars just felt lacking, like I was playing with a racing wheel or something.
I just want a car without all the electronic bullshit.

Get a motorcycle, OP. And I'm not even memeing, while cars keep getting heavier, bulkier and more disconnected, bikes maybe get a few electronic rider aids, but they still stay light, keep getting more power and exciting new styles and engine layouts.

you can disable the TCS from inside the car, and both ABS and TCS with switches under the hood.
I do admit I own a sim racing wheel larger than the one in my real car lol

I was actually thinking about this, but I would also need a car for buying stuff and whatnot. [spoiler]also if I ever get laid[/spoiler].
I still don't understand why bikes are allowed to be virtually unchanged since like the 90's but cars had to get completely cucked out.

>virtually unchanged since like the 90's
Motorcycles are just 2 decades behind. First it's fuel injection. Then it's digitally-mapped ignition. Then throttle-by wire. Now ABS and traction control.

Widespread implementation of automatic transmission is next.

I doubt it. Maybe in Asian countries.
But in the west most people ride motorcycles because they are enthusiasts, and they wouldn't want an auto transmission. It wouldn't sell.
Now electric bikes, maybe.

the rx-9 will fix everything
if its not fucking perfect everything will be ruined forever.

Yep. the people who ride bikes out of necessity already have scooters. Manual bikes aren't going away

The motorcycle market is usually more inherently for enthusiasts, but "progress" will not be stopped and motorcycles will be cucked out as well in the coming decades.

Why is it bad for the BRZ to have 11.5:1 compression but the MX5 is allowed to have 14:1 compression

I don't know, Honda seems pretty determined to kill all enjoyment and character of bikes

Good because the miata and slobaru are shit

hello

I don't like the compression on either.
It's just not healthy for the engines.

The market steers "progress", retard.

14:1 is not okay. You'll never be able to squeeze more power out of that.

I can take an h4 out of a Subaru in 2 hours, git gud

Easiest engines I've ever worked on

Good for you, I don't even have a fucking garage

Found the benchracer

I'm sorry I don't live in fucking flyover country

>tfw no light, fun, NA 4 cyl cars anymore

Get an old Datsun Sunny.

>light as fuck
>simple to work on
>spacious engine bay that can fit lots of things
>cheap
>RWD
>spacious interior (even the coupes)
>ride height is high by default (good if you want to use it for rally cross)

I had one and it was awesome. Looking forward to getting another one.

Yeah, sounds like you are

>redline is better than the ND but still eh
>eh
Sounds like you want a Jap sportsbike at that point.

but on the other hand the nc700 is one of the best selling bikes honda has had in recent times, at least in europe.
It was a major gap in the market for a practical motorcycle aimed squarely at commuters. I don't think the DCT model even sold so well there. People liked it because of the trunk space, good fuel mileage, and good ergonomics. People didn't buy it to have fun at the weekend. They bought it to get to work in heavily congested european cities.

I have 19:1 compression and half a million miles on my 100% stock engine that has never been disassembled.
You fucks are just paranoid boomers with muh overstress meme. Thick ass iron is not going to break that easily

That's not NA

>Expensive as fuck and both cars aren't anywhere near perfect
What light NA 4 cylinders cars made in the past were "perfect" in your opinion?

Yes it is, you just don't know how to do it right. You buy the car for cheap, like $2k. Then spend a couple weeks fixing everything broken or even close to going out. Flush all the fluids, do all maintenance. Look the car over for any needed repairs EVERY oil change.

Most of you tards just buy a car and don't fix anything until it's literally undriveable. That's why it's not feasible for you. Because you don't do preventative repairs before the part completely fails, you just let it fail and leave you sitting on the side of the road.

Things like water pump, radiator, etc. All that shit gets immediately replaced when I buy a new shit box.

All of my cars and 15-40 years old and I have only needed a tow truck once. My corvette broke a valve spring because I was unaware at the time that they are maintenance items with a high lift cam. So effectively, the only time I needed a tow truck was my fault.

>It's just not possible to dd a 20+ year old car anymore. Especially if you work a full time job and need something reliable.
If you find a nice 1998 GSR it will probably more reliable than a lot of newer cars.

Stop whining, you sound like a little bitch that doesn't know anything about cars

It absolutely is possible to DD an older car. I've put over 100k miles on an '80s Volvo and have yet to ever need a tow truck.

Replace all the rubber shit and then do basic maintenanceand replace things when they start acting funny/making funny noises instead of waiting for it to die entirely. If you get a car that has any fan base, there are online guides to fixing every common repair item and parts are easily accessible from a million sites, and in a pinch, Napa can get parts for anything decently common, even from decades ago overnight.

Seriously it isn't that hard.

this is very true. the only time my 34 year old car left me stranded was because my battery cable shorted out on my header lol. i've replaced countless parts on the car before they failed cause they're 30+ years old