/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Gameplay 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=TrZSAKS7NFI
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. arrives 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ve82IUMAY5U
youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU
youtu.be/ve82IUMAY5U?t=284
youtube.com/watch?v=AoGn9vSVv6I
youtu.be/ve82IUMAY5U?t=413
youtu.be/CZh7HowBgho
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PC release when

post yfw you didn't buy a switch

Hope all the new World footage will keep people excited.

My biggest issue with this is that the visual distinction made gunners feel more unique and interesting. I'm gonna miss the visual distinction, but not having to grind for 2 sets if you dare to use a different weapon class.

>tfw no Monster Hunter World for Nintendo Switch

Reposting

youtube.com/watch?v=ve82IUMAY5U

>CB's Ultra no longer consumes your shield charge
Okay so how hard are they going to nerf its damage in return for all of this?

>WorldS won't be good they said

Arekkz AED'd great jagras' belly for 84 before any phials hit, so I'm not too worried.

So apparently Charms don't fit in the Ghillie slot, so you can't have three charms.

that's some mass effect andromeda tier shit

>That image
PLEASE tell me that's a joke.

Is there any reason to not use CB at this point?

Charms don't use the mantle slot, the item in the mantle slot is a "health booster".

What mantle is the CB user in the Anja video using? It's the same patterns as the SA armor.

>Palico in Anjanath video tames a small monster and also uses it as a combat mount

Why aren't you? You don't know the weakspots or MV.

Its nowhere near as bad. She animates like a normal human but the skin looks like rubber. Real uncanny valley shit. Also taking random stills doesnt mean shit, this applies to live actors too.

It's a joke

World Stories confirmed!

>HBG doesn't need to LOAD ammo anymore
So what's LBG's limiter removal?

I love Arekks's footage but I wish he would upload raw footage cause I can't stand his fucking voice

If spread's MV aren't butchered and if Spread Up stays the same I can safely say Pellet shot is going to be broken.

>yfw Palicos are the real Monster Riders

>CB gets a fade slash
Why don't they just give it all the mechanics of all the weapons at this point?

>anjanath's fire attack is actually a fire sneeze
I love this so much

Almost every weapon has crazy new mobility tools in MHW

I don't like spending 50% of my time charging up a shield and sword. I don't find Axe mode hits satisfying and I don't find the burst hits satisfying. Never liked the weapon.

you will be left behind

>can't play prowler-rider

Depends on today's findings. Did they fix AED, or not.

I'd say most players get significantly better at charging once it clicks for you. You wouldn't be saying 50% if you'd crossed that threshold.

>Depends on today's findings. Did they fix AED, or not.
The only thing we don't know about is how GPs work. Other than that it's an improved version of the 4U moveset.

>the palico befriends the Jagras monsters
>rides one
>the Jagras name appears under palico
>they fucking help you in the fight
>palico gains new moves while on the small monster mount
HOLY SHIT THATS AMAZING
WHY EVER BOTHER PLAYING ANYTHING ELSE

So it ignites its own booger
Interesting.

SAUCE ME

Shield slash -> AED is back, unknown if guardpoint -> AED still works though.

You can now buff the sword like you can the shield as well.

I AM SO GLAD I OWN A PS4 Pro
THIS LOOKS SO GOOD

I never have to buy another overpriced Nintendo toy / handheld to enjoy Monster Hunter. I feel so happy guys.

Now imagine Palicos being able to tame Kulu Ya Ku

>You can now buff the sword like you can the shield as well

Not sure if want. Sounds like it could dumb down the weapon.

Glider Mantle is made out of the SA armor's monster.

I unironically enjoy how the questgiver actually works in the field regularly instead of previous games where they would rarely go out and never visibly.
She should speak a lot less though.

i am the only one that noticed that the mantle he's using against the ajanath can be used as a glider?
i wonder how you trigger the effect

>the game lets you gather resources that are high above you while you're mounted on the monster
I wonder if this will come into play in the game, where you'll have to mount a monster to get some rare fruit or something. That'd make for some fun quest content.
youtu.be/ve82IUMAY5U?t=284

Nullberry Mantle

Glider mantle, no clue what it does

Man, those cute Palicos taming and befriending animals to help the hunter. Those slick smooth animations. That cute hunter assistant cooking for you. Those amazing graphics and vistas. All new moves and animations. Sloped environments that even make the monsters slippery. That remastered music. Seamless item gathering and usage. New lock on. New everything.

A World that feels alive and filled with monsters and not another anime inspired hub based online action RPG. Heh...

I just want to play this now. I think I'm just going to finally sell my 3DS. Won't be needing it anymore.

>I unironically enjoy how the questgiver actually works in the field
They hinted it with 4U's trailers showing Guildmarm at the Everwoods base camp, but it never came to be in the final game.

Glider Mantle, you become Batman

Glider Mantle, and as the name implies, it lets you glide when you're in the air.
You can see it in action in the Anjanath hunt footage

Gold, I actually said that should be Dreadking's signature skill and they did it.

I never knew how much I wanted this until now

>The wingdrakes are actually not domesticated monsters

I also remember she would talk about following you on occasion and walking to villages to pick up quests for you. But like you and I said, it's not visible.

See what Capcom can do when they aren't being held back by dated Nintendo hardware?

First thing I do in World is mute the music.

>tfw just discovering Hunting Horn
This shit is way too fun, it's like a more mobile hammer that buffs everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=AoGn9vSVv6I
>You can phial up just the sword without the shield
OH FUCK YES

why? Sure it's not as good as you would expect from an MH game, but it's not that bad

I like the Anjanath music quite a bit actually. It feels very dynamic and fitting. It's not the best music out there but it's exciting enough for a low level monster hunt.

It's BoTW tier, there's some good stuff but it's not worth it for the whole game.

Arekkz to the rescue. And here I was starting to fall for the "18 minutes from one trailer!" meme.

It's looks good and all but I feel like they need a better artstyle or at least better contrast. Feels saturated.
But the most important part is how it plays and they seems to have made slops not as cancer by fixing how monsters interact with them.
I'll be pretty pissed if monsters still charge point blank against walls and slide into your ass, though.

Oh shit, you can even charge the blade now?
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

The IGN idiot accidentally GP'd

>you can grapple onto small wyverns and use them as mounts to travel around the map quickly
Holy SHIT this game looks awesome
youtu.be/ve82IUMAY5U?t=413

So what happened to Jyura?
Did anything came out of it?
Just what is it?

>CB hunta
What a faggot.

Happens to the best of us.

Where is that image from?

The latest Spongebob episode.

The Great Jagras trailer, at the start

UH OH

THAT MONSTER LOOKS REALLY MAD NOW

>Music volume and intensity changing depending of how far is the monster
>Palico mounting a jargas
>Glider mantle
>Special ammo : Wivernsnipe, Wivernblast, Wivernheart
>Food mechanics are clear and simple
>Helmet off during cutscenes
>That poison effect
Everything is amazing

>Supers don't consume red shield anymore
WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

Where?

seems like they did few visual updates on the ajanath since the E3, he actualy look ok now

>The Kulu-Ya-Ku holds the palico in its arms while it runs around
NEED

near the end
it's exactly the same

>Wivern
It's written right there and you still managed to get it wrong 3 times

God damn it.

It's the only way to make it actually viable though.
AED is three blasts at the cost of one phial. SAED was five at the cost of ten. Now it's at least situational when you need some burst damage at the cost of sustained dps.

They had one chance to make, and I'm not asking for it to be animated, but at least the faceplate/facepiece of the helmet be open when you're eating instead of lazily removing the helmet. Sasuga Capcum

What if there's no faceplate?

Where the SA vids at?

Why do you care? You can't run World.

too bad it was an axe to sword GP, otherwise we would've known if GPs worked like 4U or Gen.

Here youtu.be/CZh7HowBgho

>CB has back and better than ever
Oh joy, looks like CB has been resurrected.

Rude, do you have to rub it in?

yes

What? It works like 4U's GP where you get pushed back (Gen's GPs just follow through), but I assumed the player was mashing Triangle and went into axe mode right after, so what we actually don't know is if it allows us to use GP > AED

All they need to do is remove scales and put back in blood effects while touching up the animations and we're good.

Aria.....

All they need to do is revert the healing.

What the FUCK happened to the audio direction? It sounds worse than Dauntless.

We Breath of the Worlds™ now.

Why are there no blood effects anyways?

he got pushed back because his shield wasn't charged, so his guard sucked. same thing will happen to you in MHGen.