/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 13] Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.
[Aug 11] Hint at a RPG Maker Fes Player 11.5 entrypoint. You can get it for free from the eShop. twitter.com/MrNbaYoh/status/896158813610360833
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.

>Switch
Nintendo patched a major with the release of 3.0.1. Set the primary and secondary DNS as 205.166.76.187 to block this update.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. >Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
r4i-sdhc.com/aboute.asp
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

exploit

Switchax confirmed for release in September

Scene is dead

Reminder

>didn't include rpghax
mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
actually read the thread next time.

SP must pay for his crimes

>FloW releasing some updates next month
>ntrboot slowly supporting more flashcarts
>Switch locked down on low firmware for homebrew, probably long term
>Wii U will never get anything better than haxchi
>PS4 is never ever
Not much going on anymore.

>userland exploit

It simply isn't 2015 anymore.

Wrong general, dude.
is to the left.

link?

>>PS4 is never ever
why do faggots keep saying this? its already BEEN hacked, i.e. it's been proven to have security flaws, anyone with the right mindset can reproduce the hack. you fags are just too lazy and unmotivated. hopefully MHW will bring some people out of laziness.

so what exactly is staying on 11.2 good for? 11.5 is:
-
>loses ctr-httpwn privilege
+
>can use eShop
>can use sleep mode freeShop
>can use browser if that's ever useful
what exactly am I missing here that's such a big deal? I'm still on 11.2 but don't want to turn off internet whenever I close the lid

11.2 is meme hipster nonsense. like 2 people ITT are on 11.2 or lower, while the rest just pretend.

11.2 is the golden firmware. The most stable Nintendo ever made.

>PS4 never ever

The system has only one game with owning
If you bought the system, may as well buy the game.
Bloodborne is like less than $20 used at GameStop too.

Just sell your PS4 once you're done and invest it into something that will actually have a good library not directed to normies.

>invest it into something that will actually have a good library not directed to normies

Like what

The Vita CPU is admittedly pretty shitty but there's no reason we can't have something on par with snes9x for o3ds.

so I fell for the memes once again
just like this one time where I actually wanted to go for SS like Veeky Forums told me
well thanks people

>>loses ctr-httpwn privilege
ctr-httpwn can't even use eShop anymore unless you update eShop and Mint manually. It's literally only for Pokébank and f2p shit nowadays which only faggots care about.

>>can use eShop
>>can use sleep mode freeShop
>I'm still on 11.2 but don't want to turn off internet whenever I close the lid

Enjoy getting banned.

As someone who's still on 11.2 as well, it's just because I literally don't care. I avoid those you listed to not get banned and don't even have an NNID set. Luma patches online play which is enough for the one time in two months I actually play something online.

Basically if you actually want to use those features, go ahead and update. Otherwise, especially if you wanna stay safe, there's no reason to.

Jokes on you my my browser is a 9.5.0-22 version spoofed one so I can use AR cheats and pokémon injection on gen 6, and that version doesn't ping nintendo's servers yet so it's gonna work forever.

snes mini hax when?

It's called a raspberry pi

What's the best portable/handheld emulation machine out there?

Unfortunately, the Vita.

Thinking on acquiring a Wii U, how much freedom would i have with it? I'm free to play online and get DLC at will with the 3DS, does the Wii U rolls the same way? And there's no issue having loadliine and vWii at the same time right?

If you only care about emulation, chinese android handheld. Will play more stuff than the 3ds/vita and will do it better.
If you want (few) games + psp/ps1 go with the vita
If you want games + ds/gba/snes go with the n3ds

I can still use the eShop on 11.2 just fine.

GPD Win

Try downloading something.

I did. The monster hunter stories demo. Worked just fine.

Well I'm guessing yellows8 updated the server then. Now gonna try myself since I wanna stay away from eShop.

is this a good flashcard?
r4i-sdhc.com/aboute.asp

new wii u fag here,
a lot
yes
dont know

looks like a clone

You can do literally everything.

dead general

You'll be begging for these days when Metroid leaks.

Hello everyone , i know it may sound stupid for some , but i'll go for it .
Does the homebrew version of freeshop work with Rpwng on 11.5 ? that's the only thing i'm interested in right now.

>literally everything
Not him but can I also use it to cook my food or my coffee?

Get a r4i gold rts if you can.
That one will work, but not for ntrboothax if you care.

Yes, but you'll need to overclock it.

You're completely right, it is stupid.

>Switch: 3.0.0
Do we know if Rabbids + Mario will work on 3.0.0?

it won't

Well damn, would the cartridge update the Switch directly or is there a prompt telling you that it needs an update like the 3DS?

For a laugh I looked up if USB kettles or cookers existed and they don't.
But there's loads with those car socket things though

which version of luma patches online play?

I'll be able to hack this fucker using magnethax, right?

yes

no

maybe

i don't know

test

can you repeat the question?

Hi guys my friend finally decided to hack his Wii U and he asked me to do that in exchange to give me some money. It's on version 5.5.1E so it's good but I want to format the console to be sure that all the process will be fine and the problem is a fucking parenting code that block me and he don't know or forgot the code.

How can I pass through this wall ? If you know how.

ok call me a ret*rd but which card do I buy if I want DS, GBA AND 3DS ROMs to play? I have a 3DS XL? Whoever answers gets 10 WOW golds.

How's it going?

If the vita can emulate the n64, does that mean it has the means of someday emulating the wii?

also can I play GB/GBC ROMs?

Given Wii U's shit power output from it's USBs you could probably do that with a minimum of 300 Wii Us.

I assume you're on the latest 3DS firmware already, so this one.
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
The list may grow with time.

Are you retarded?

No, but it can emulate the Xbox360.

yeah but why does it say not 3ds games

Besides playing NDS games inherently, you're going to use this for ntrboothax/magnethax to install CFW which will enable 3DS and GBA games.

Nobody answer him.

too late

ok thanks

Me again.
If nobody know how to dodge the "parenting". Do you know if it affect the hack ? So if it make the hack impossible or if it doesn't matter.

Question. Is it still dangerous to play online with a hacked 3ds?

Can only speak for myself, but i've been playing Smash and Mario Kart from time to time with no issue

Fair warning: there will probably be a new release of B9S fairly soon (1.3), with the following changes:

-Section padding reduced to make the firm fit on smaller flashes (including 32k) for better potential flashcart support
-2 second delay instead of 1 after buttons are released when continuing ntrboot, to give more time to hold down a different combination for initial payload.

Shouldn't be breaking though, so staying on 1.2 shouldn't cause any problems for people who are lazy/don't care to update.

Is there a list of potential future candidates for ntrboothax?

If there is, I haven't seen it.

It was never dangerous, because with 2 minutes of your time you can copy and paste a single file to correct the issue.

It was never actually dangerous to play online. The ban waves were mostly due to large amounts of morons using online services of games like Pokemon Sun/Moon before the retail release.

Do we have a list of firmware requirements for Switch games?

They'll all be 1.0 or 2.0 right now probably. The console hasn't been out 6 months yet.

Okay.
I was just curious if they had already the means to check for it.

anyone here:
-still playing online

>there are people in this thread that payed for piracy

i can't understand buying a ds game on wii u or buying something for vita entry points

>check Yokai watch after ranting how brain dead it is
>end up finishing the story of Y2
>despite hatint the brain dead battle mechanic i stayed anyways
>check what else this series has
>see one obacure release that even barely has a cia dump
>found one with broken banner
>is literelly Pokemon Conquest: Yokai edition
>this gamebis actually as good as PKM conquest
And is not translated or annouced for overseas. Instead we keep getting the brain dead mainline

>pay $5
>have unlimited games
would you pay $5 for unlimited blowjobs?

>not owning a DS flashcard

>Paying for a console
>Paying for SD cards / USB HDDs
>Paying for internet to download games
Yeah what fags.

There's a limited number of games, though.

> I'm just waiting for an exploit that only needs an sd card reader before I updated from 11.4 to 11.5

which firmware does the new 2ds xl comes with

k thx

>-8.1.1
No because I'm not a retard.

Nice reasoning you got there, Mr. Memes

Yahoo tier question. Use Google, there are websites dedicated to disabling the parent pin. I believe all you needed to know was your mac address or something.... Anyway I remember getting the pin removed in only 10 minutes. Pretty easy.

I also hope you know what you're doing.... What are your plans on "hacking" his wii u?

>Paying for a console
>Paying for SD cards / USB HDDs
>Paying for internet to download games
All of these have more uses besides piracy, a game you buy only to have an entrypoint doesn't.

Has Starfox 2 been dumped yet (from the SNES mini that got released today, not the beta)

The SNES mini release is end of September.
Where the fuck did you get the idea that it's out already?

shit, I read preorders as released

>o3ds xl is now taking me literelly 5 hours to charge
>the charge light sometimes flickers if i move the system while charging
Guys, is my 3ds gonna die? Or is it probably the charger? Maybe the port?

A lot of people bought OoT for the game. The entry point was a byproduct.

Is there an explanation for why PSP games run faster under the Vita's ePSP than on real hardware?

Sup /hbg/, I hacked my Wii U a long time ago. I have Haxchi up nd running. Does that mean it's safe to update to the latest version?