Redpill me on the Chrysler 300M

Redpill me on the Chrysler 300M

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_LH_engine#Oil_sludge_and_other_known_problems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

They're fine. I haven't heard of them being any more or less reliable than any other car from that era. They're big, FWD American "luxury" boats. Comfortable to cruise in and poised enough to feel safe/surefooted, but certainly not at home on a track or even a canyon road.

The 2002-2004 Special edition is the one to get. Slightly more performance oriented engine tuning, 3.89 final drive ratio (vs. 3.66), and they look the best thanks to better paint/trim combos and the dual exhaust tips. 2002-2004 models also have better brakes across the board.

There's nothing really the early gen 300's do better than any of it's competitors of that generation. A Japanese or German competitor of the same caliber will probably be comfier and be more reliable.

The LH cars in general were the only thing Mercedes didn't fuck with so they're genuinely good cars, provided it isn't the 2.7L V6 (avoid that model like the plague.
Luckily, the 300M came standard with the bulletproof 3.5L.
It was originally gonna be the second gen Eagle Vision, but Chrysler killed the Eagle brand and rebadged it as a Chrysler, bringing back the 300 letter series name in the process.
They're pretty fun to drive to, surprisingly. The sporty nature of it, reliability, and build quality earned it the title of Motor Trend's Car of the Year for 1999.

No aftermarket support to speak of, but they're a good comfy and sporty alternative to Crown Vics.

>Luckily, the 300M came standard with the bulletproof 3.5L.
unless you were a Euro customer, in which case, it got the 2.7L

Thanks for the replies, i am thinking about the 2.7 V6 because they are the cheapest and in the best quality in my country (western Europe).

The 3.5 V6 are to rare and to expensive here, and they aren't that much faster than the 2.7 do to being a big land boat.
I need a good and comfy daily, and they are the cheapest option for me, i also like their looks.

>i am thinking about the 2.7 V6
NO! ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO THAT TO YOURSELF!
That engine caused numerous class action lawsuits!

What was the matter with the 2.7 V6?
As far as i know they also came in the Charger, Sebring, Avenger and many more cars.

I am a Euro so i don't know much about those cars.

>What was the matter with the 2.7 V6?
Oil sludging problems that eventually caused the engine to completely seize.
The engine was redesigned to address this around 2005, so the 2.7L in the Charger and later cars isn't an issue, but the redesign didn't come soon enough to help any of the LH cars.
Here in America, most of the LH cars came with either the 3.3L pushrod V6, or the 3.5L due to the 'reputation' of the 2.7L.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_LH_engine#Oil_sludge_and_other_known_problems

A sorry successor to the "Letter cars" of Chrysler long ago, but without these we'd not have the LX/300C platform which is a valid spirital successor to the Chrysler Letter cars of old.

Bad motor design fouled the 2.7s with oil sludge super fast.

So is the 3.5 safer/better?

MUCH. The 3.5L was a much more reliable engine, and was used right up until Chrysler replaced it in 2011 with the 3.6L Pentastar V6.
Had 2 cars previously with the 3.5L and no complaints about either.

Isn't the 300C platform from a Mercedes W210 E Class from '94?
Because they used the Mercedes platform for the Challenger and the Charger and as far as i know the have the same platform as the 300C.

Yes, the 3.5 was designed differently and doesn't suffer the same faults as the 2.7 does.

The official car of the african immigrant. There's almost none left here. The ones you do see are usually followed by a plume of burning oil. Intrepids and Sebrings of that era were bad too.

Kinda sorta.
From the firewall back, it's an E-class. From the firewall forward, it's a Mercedes S-class. It's really a mutt in that sense.

Thanks for the info!
Does the 3.5 have tuning part?
Like a Supercharger kit?
I know i want a comfy boat, but maybe i want to make it faster.

Yes it is, but in the styling and configuration of the 300C it was meant to be the successor to Chrysler's 300 cars from the 1950s/1960s

There are some supercharger kits but you have to search for them, and they're mainly meant for the later RWD cars. Not sure how install would be on the FWD cars like the 300M.

>The official car of the african immigrant
In which country?

It was a great leap forward for Chrysler nonetheless and got them back to claiming actual luxury car status again. IMO it was probably the best result of the DaimlerChrysler era, the 300C and the Charger/Challenger variants

>It's really a mutt in that sense
Kek ^^

Canada. I'm talking straight from Nigeria immigrant not the basketball type.

Fuck
Well then i maybe choose something else, that's also the problem with the 300C.

Also kek at

>I'm talking straight from Nigeria immigrant not the basketball type

my friend has a LHS (3.5 liter) with 180k miles.
the interiors wear very quickly (my 310k mile bmw has almost no wear while his 180k mile nterior is fucked)
the drivetrain is ok
but there is a electrical issue draining the battery, he has to jump start the car every time

If you like them don't let Veeky Forums bother you. Every single car has a negative stereotype here.

True