What is better overall Veeky Forums? What is better in different uses...

What is better overall Veeky Forums? What is better in different uses? What cars are better that come with these engines from the factory?
>LS GM V8
Or;
>Coyote Ford V8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKkC7L3Blq8
youtube.com/watch?v=nES96soia1I
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a14749697/2018-ford-mustang-gt-0-60-quarter-mile/
torquenews.com/106/2018-ford-mustang-gt-stock-11-second-quarter-mile-car
carbuzz.com/news/how-fast-can-the-2018-ford-mustang-gt-do-the-quarter-mile
hotrod.com/articles/drag-testing-the-2018-ford-mustang-gt/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine#2018_(Gen._3)_Updates
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The LS won't rev as high and is bigger. It makes a little more low end torque.
The Coyote revs higher. Sounds better imo.
You can't have a real conversation here though because our beloved namefreinds will just start hurling insults and degrade the thread in minutes.

Well, not to reduce everything to Mustang vs Camaro, but if you take the Camaro SS and Mustang GT, then from an engine perspective the SS (and the LS) will outperform.

Honestly the interesting comparison is LS vs Voodoo as the Coyote engine just gets shit on by Chevy’s smallblock.

You wouldn't stick a torqueless wonder of an engine like the Coyote or Voodoo in a 4000lb pigfat muscle/pony car.

>5.0 Coyote Mustang
460 hp, 420 lb ft, 0-60 under 4 seconds, quarter mile in 11s
>6.4 Hemi Challenger
485 hp, 475 lb ft, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, quarter mile in 12s

What was that about a torqueless wonder?

Post an LS making 5s in the quarter mile.

t. delusional GM cuck

also meant to quote

5.7 Hemi

small
cheap
huge aftermarket
relevant power
reliable

The Challenger is even more pigfat than the Stang. It's also a Dodge so it's probably using a 20 year old Mercedes slushbox. Stick the 5.0 in it and it would be a lot slower.

ls is a smaller engine than coyote in everyway but length and weighs like 15 lbs less

Give that it’s a Dodge, that 20 year old Mercedes slushbox is probably the most solid part of the car.

He’s talking about displacement

You guys keep spouting this torque nonsense but no NA pumpgas pushrod engine makes 1.4 lb ft per cubic inch like a VVT DOHC. I’m fine with pushrod engines and will likely never buy one to put in a project, but they’re great engines and run forever. What everyone fails to notice is most of the performance from these new vehicles is mostly the 6, 8, and 10 speed automatic transmissions that only have 13-18% total driveline loss

I think they have about the same rev limit. Most built ls motors run 7200-7400rpm

Not a coyote but my 5.4 loves to rev and goes crazy past 4000rpm, not much under that though
Ls1 on the other hand... feels like death above 4k and the grunt below 3k isn't as great as people like to claim

>You guys keep spouting this torque nonsense but no NA pumpgas pushrod engine makes 1.4 lb ft per cubic inch like a VVT DOHC.

Are you shitting me? That's only 600ft/lbs from a 427. You can buy crate engines that make way more than that or build a pushrod sbc/ls to those levels for nothing.

You need torque to move heavy things. Low final gears and 10 speed trannies are just bandaid solutions for torque deficiency disease.

11s?
They dont run 11s not even close
They run 13.1s 95% of the time

The updated 2018 ones are like 12.9s
Camaros run 12.2s
GM makes the better car

Barra i6 turbo = LS > everything else

youtube.com/watch?v=FKkC7L3Blq8

they dont ls3 limits a 6600 rpm and coyote is 7000... ls3 after aftermarket revs to 6700-6800, coyote in the aftermarket regularly revs to 7400-7600

power per cubic inch does not mater, the ls is lighter and smaller and gets same gas mileage who cares which one is more cubic inches if larger cubic inches doesnt have a downside.

torque doesn't matter for speed purposes as much as power, if you make less torque but same power launch at a higher rpm, torque feels good when puttering around and if you dont know how to launch your car but how much and how quickly a car can get into its power band is more important.

youtube.com/watch?v=nES96soia1I

stock camaro auto 5s run like 12.5 shill

>GM makes the better car
lol

>torque
>relevant

The Camaro makes more torque than the Mustang GT and is faster on a track.
The Corvette makes more torque than the GT and is faster at VIR and probably the ring too.

You really don't have to think...

the camaro and corvette dont run faster times because of their peak torque you mental case, they are faster because of their vastly superior suspension and brakes... since they both make similar power and have similar power bands the camaro wins because of its chassis, brakes, suspension, and areo

why does the ecoboost gt (((trigger warning))) RAPE the c7r at le mans then?

the z06 makes more torque and horsepower than ford gt a whole 100ft pounds at peak yet at vir the gt runs

2:38.62. and the z06 runs 2:39.77

you're doesnt mean shit when youre always as high in the rev range as you can

Try an ls3

>RRRRR GM IS BETTER!!

nice spergout

GM QC is low, any Ford V8 will outlast a shit tier GM product. The LS makes good power, obviously, but GM is so fucking cheap I wouldn't use their metal for a lunchbox.

Mustang is the original and will always be better than the Camaro. Besides, any Camaro after 1969 is a hideous piece of dogshit. Mustang wins on looks, performance, and the ability to reel in pussy.

>The Commodor is the original and will always be better than Apple

A 5k redline 300hp engine will get to the power band faster than a 300hp 12k redline engine

only if their gearing is the same but on a engine that makes 300 at 12k you just gear aggressively and an engine that makes 300 at 12k probably weighs a 1/4th the other and can fit in anything.

>They dont run 11s not even close
>They run 13.1s 95% of the time
You're very wrong, and I have multiple sources. Where are your sources?

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a14749697/2018-ford-mustang-gt-0-60-quarter-mile/
torquenews.com/106/2018-ford-mustang-gt-stock-11-second-quarter-mile-car
carbuzz.com/news/how-fast-can-the-2018-ford-mustang-gt-do-the-quarter-mile
hotrod.com/articles/drag-testing-the-2018-ford-mustang-gt/

As you can clearly see, the Mustang GT stock from the factory even with factory tires consistently runs 11s in the quarter mile.

gm btfo

Coyote revs to 7500 rpm.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine#2018_(Gen._3)_Updates

yeah new one, i was comparing gen1 since the we are comparing ls and not lt

Fair enough, but the LT1 is still based on the LS block.

yeah but a vastly superior engine