Road warrior worthy vehicle

For some reason, new cars are boring. I want to drive an old car that screams "Road Warrior" in my local community instead of just conforming to boring, FWD auto shitboxes overpriced.

I don't care about exterior looks, the more mismatched colors the better. Manual and v8 needed because I need displacement speed.

A Pontiac Firebird/Chevy Camaro comes to mind first because they are dime a dozen if they at least run, and -for the most part- reliable.

What other cars can you think of? Chevy trucks 2wd v8 5 speed? 90's honda civic with it's plethora of parts?

Also, anyone with an older car driving today, how is it for daily driving? (80's minimum)

Some deer antlers and you are golden.

I miss when more cars looked like that. It used to be half the houses in the neighborhood would have something cool parked in the driveway.

Dodge stealth

Too round, need more square

Bump

firebirds are sick cars, restomodding one well would make a nice show/fun car, decent amount of power to have fun, stands out, not a generic pick like a 69 mustang, not too expensive

dont bother daily driving one, it's kind of douchey and trashy for a daily

Douchey and trashy is the best part though. I want one with a t-top and a big bird painted on it and those sick shades on the rear window.

If this happens, I will grow a mustache and wear sun glasses, a gold necklace, and a shirt that lets my chest hair poke out of the collar.

hmmm

You know I did forget to factor in that I'm already balding out and wouldn't be in a good position to rock a mullet. Why does real life have to mock me so?

Finally, something I recognize.

unfortunately these cars cant even go over a speed bump without damaging themselves
need something with more ground clearance to have any "practical" road warrior attributes

i just went with the cheapest thing i could find on craigslist
as for daily driving its, doable. id kill for sum working windshield wipers tho and decent tires.

You kidding? My stock turd gen Z28 has crossover-tier ride height. Can't wait to lower it.

Sounds like you want 1980 thru 1992 Chevy anything. Boxy, v8 plentiful and occasional stick. Check out C10 pickups from that era as they are easy as fuck to work on and comfy as hell. Carbs are a bitch in the cold keep that in mind and anything bigger than a 305 is gonna hog gas. Good luck.

that has a bad ass road warrior look

lower it? whatever for?

Any car can be Mad Max ready with a bit of work.

Pic related. Car's owned by a legit hollywood stunt driver as a DD.

same car btw.
Car has a 2.4L I4 and an automatic.

rock a balding mullet then fool

So you lift it, install some skid plates, and put on some AT tires.

If I could make a recommendation, get a hold of an old Ford Interceptor and give it some road warrior flare.

One of my all time favorite cars was a 71 Cameron with a built 350 and a 4 speed. I can't describe how incredible this car was. It is hard to find a manual, so grab it if you find one. Mustang GT can also be a good choice.

Camaro you F ing auto correct!

That looks great, user. What all did you do to it?

>i just went with the cheapest thing i could find on craigslist
I've always loved that car but I don't believe you.

Ef Civic with panel rust and a k20

What was insurance and mpg like?

all ive done includes sanding alll the paint off, clearcoating, (a procedure i do every few months bc cheap rattlecan clearcoat), replaced the oem tires and wheels, put a new floor in, rattlecanned the interior flat black, chopped the hood after like two years, uhhh water pump, a different carb, a new air cleaner/filter, fuel pump, reinstalled the factory seats i had (poorly reupholster one in leather, the other i just put a seat cover on[for now... ])

hhhh wht else did i do, replaced the window washer motor, still doesnt work i guess the switch is grounded out. i havent really looked into more bc i literally cannot get behind the panel. stripped all the plastic bullshit off the steering wheel, including a horn delete. wrapped the steering wheel in leather

fixed the sagging driver side door, removed what was left of the heater core, replaced the radiator,
installed aftermarket gauges

it SOUNDS like a lot now that i write it out but it needs so much more. its not hurting for a top or complete rebuild but it could use one.

replaced the flywheel, starter, swapped in some summit headers, different pinion seal. brake master cylinder

just really , little stuff as it needed done.

for my first v8 car, carbed , all that , ive learnt a HUGE amount of stuff just maintaining it. which is why i bought it but also bc
M A D M A X

yep. it was like 3K on craigslist but even thts too much for this, as it sat, but it runs and drives and hasnt killed me YET

and t b h 3k seemd good to me considering that i made payments on it.

A man of my own heart

I used to daily a 79 camaro z28 made of mismatched body panels from different camaros. I weekend drive it now but now it's supercharged and I put rear window louvers and the rear wheel flares on it and a 6 inch cowl hood

i meant the factory seats that came with it,
and also differentIAL pinon seal not 'different

i cant into proof reading

also swapped out the front day lights or whtever for aftermarket flood lights.

and i was runnin 15's on the front but i had to go back 2 14s. i got to get the right size wheel bc before i was using adapters, and they were WRECKIGN my front end

Slap a firebird emblem on a cavalier z24. Problem solved.

XJ Cherokee

It was like totally worth it

Sorry to respond so late. That still looks fantastic. It looks tough as shit and like you could drive it through hell and back.

> tfw xj cherokees are rusted to shit or impossible to find 6 cylinder or 5 speed, nevermind both in Iowa

Feels bad man

>and t b h 3k seemd good to me considering that i made payments on it.
Damn I didn't know about the rust. Your car made me really want a fastback of that gen though. I only see the prices climbing however. I'm planning to just settle for a celica liftback.

> payments

What bank would give a loan for a car older than early 2000s?

none. this was a private party. i offered this cat 3 g's if they'd let me take it and pay them monthly

they were pretty cool about it, so long as i gave them a sizeable first payment

Daily drive a dodge, 4 doors are cheaper and had the same engines as the coupes. Big blocks are decent, make a nice exhaust note. Sedans also look shit hot with mods imo, coupes are over done and the aesthetic is raped by boomers

Buy here pay here ghetto shit dealers..not banks

Got just the thing