/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Patch 4.06 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/28053f7fa83022c6b203fdcfbd32b042fee8619c

>Current Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Moonfire_Faire/

>Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/bFcDNb57

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/97xb0D3tlRU
youtube.com/watch?v=FFoPYw55C_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

POST CATS

post cringe

i need to cringe

Please stop yelling

post smug

BIG SMUG

Reminder that lizards are NOT for bullying

Well, if you say so.

tfw no elezen gf

Shut up loser.

I'm definitely pure. Does this look like the character's face of a liar?

this is a lie i bully my lizard all the time and she only cries 75% of the time

tfw no roe gf

most female au ra just LOOK like they are played by psychopaths

I LIKE YELLING

show me one that ISN'T played by some sort of ill person

tfw no catboy bf

Ok

same

This is your tank for the evening

Ishgard housing when?

I want to marry this chocolate meower!

Im not a loser...
You should stop, making your lizard cry is wrong and you are damaging her self steem!

viera when?

*whips out dick*

this is your healer

Here.

Ok

blue cats better desu

>wanting yet another "human with animal bits glued on" race

I would genuinely take literally any other Ivalice race.

beast races will never ever happen user
if the reason for SE putting in au ra over viera is cause they weren't sure what to do with their feet, anything even more beastlike would be an even bigger no no for SE

lazy shits

the galecat doesnt not want to be there right meow

tfw no playable moogles, nu mou, burmecians, the bird mage people from crystal chronicles or anything remotely unhuman ever

hello

I know, I just hate what we're doomed to get from now on. I think I hate it more than most because I love Ivalice and all the crazy races/jobs/etc, but every time it comes up in mainline they make it as abhorrently boring and tedious as possible. Like FFXII. Instead of a party made up of crazy races/jobs like bangaa, nuo mou, moogle jugglers, etc, we get another job board "everyone can be these boring bog standard RPG classes" and gave us a party of nothing but humans and a human with bunny ears stick to their head. Ivalice has more potential than everyone other FF world combined, yet it always goes right into the trash because most japs have zero imagination.

When do I spend creations? As soon as I can afford the cheapest 330 I do not yet have? Or do I go for the most expensive first?

probably me, but im not playing one at the moment

what happened to your eye kittycat

Moonc@s are best c@s :3

poked out by a stray dick

acat is MINE

you've posted this image like 6 times now

I go for the most meaningful upgrades first, then work my way down.

Basic ilvl boosting. Start on the left, lowest ilvl stuff gets replaced first. So if the lowest ilvl is the cheapest thing then spend the creation on it.

New player here, switched over from WoW. Why do dudes have such super gay hairstyles? Why is combat so slow? Does it get faster later on?

Because Japan
PS4 limitations please understand
Marginally

>start on the left

So clothing over jewelry? Get rid of my Ala Mhigger Coat before my Ring?

Money shot gone wrong

1. Because its anime
2. it stays mostly the same speed but you get a lot more skills to juggle during the global cooldown so it feels faster because you have more to do

Scary cat

Yeah. You want the defense your left side gives you. It makes a huge difference

Ok...

I'm going to bully this cow

fappy!

The combat gets crazier. Extreme trials rely a lot on moving. The fights only last like 6-10 minutes, but there tends to be a lot going on.

>shoulder tackle
>it's actually a palm strike
LOCALIZATION TEAMMMMM

its not like FIGHT FOR 6 MINUTES, it's just if you can't beat boss on this 10 minutes - you sucker and you dies :D

I want to eb this adorable cat..

Is Awena still around? I met her like one time before I stopped playing and she suggested me some neat songs to listen to and now whenever I listen to the band I get sad and think about this stupid dumb shit game. Life sucks.

>it's a "summon undercuts by over 50%" episode

Only the smuggest

/xivg/ bullied him off the thread and game

new player and former PSO2 player here, im considering buying the game and checking it out. a few questions: is it true the changed how the free trial worked? is it not longer a free month but until you get to certain? Also since im coming from PSO2 are teams essential and worth joing for socializing, raids, etc. or is it like PSO2 where you just join for a tree or something?

:( He seemed nice. I bullied myself off the game over a year ago now what's the new expansion like?

>and game
nigga what

I think it's fun until you get to 70.

dont ever reply to me again brucie boy

The game is free up to level 35 now. joining a guild or "Free Company"as they are called, isn't necessary but will make life easier for serious raiders. However, just be aware that the community is just as toxic if not worse as it is in PSO2 even though there are a few gems, this coming from a former pso2 player myself.

Oh and the raids are much harder and more fun than anything SEGA usually doles out, so there's that too.

Well it was kind of the same before, if you're shitty at friendships then max level sucks.

I feel so bad for "Fray." This whole thing is great, but sad. Definitely one of the best quest lines in any game I've ever played.

>just as toxic

Nigger, that's Veeky Forums communities as a whole. Normie FCs and linkshells are fine.

miss u

lol, I'm not even talking Veeky Forums communities, just talking in general. Tbh, I have the feeling that all MMOs have toxic communities.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

>That floating shield
Ugh this fucking game.

In my experience the majority of PSO2's English community is just garbage in general. they take the parsing shit among other more serious than XIV or other MMOs i've seen Barring WoW. Only community from here ive seen here thats actually chill is /bdog/

PSO2's English community as a whole is legitimately bad not just with /pso2g/.
I also heard its worse to avatarfag here than it is in the pso2g threads because of the crazy shit like literally shitting on someone's character, attempted suicide, etc.

yeah the 2.5s gcd sucks major balls when you're used to WoW's being 1.5 or lower depending on class
the only class that has a gcd remotely that fast is monk but the main thing about FF14 is that you get lots of off-GCD abilities which gives you things to do between waiting for GCDs. EX bosses also require a lot of movement.

Why the hell does MCH get practically no fucking skills while leveling?!

You get 5 weapon skills, of which 1 AoE and 1 which you press once every minute.
So for single target, you have 3 skills which don't even always combo!
You're stuck with barely anything until mid/high level 50.

Also, the skills just look boring as shit until you unlock the heated version.
;_;

You play up to lvl 35. You can play all the classes you can get to lvl 35, but only up to lvl 35. Can't join Free Companies(guilds) til you buy it and you can't make parties or send tells(whispers).
Free companies are there for a lot of reasons. You can read up on their profile. There are a lot of FC's that zerg rush newbies into their ranks to help accumulate points. Aside from that most people are really nice. Raid scene is a bit much to get into. Easier to find folks you don't like there but there are more nice people than jerks so it's fine. If you join an FC that focuses on raiding I'm sure they'd love to help you get you up to snuff. They may try to steer you towards a class that's better for the current raid scene though but if you play a tank it's no big deal since all 3 are being taken into raids.

True, I won't disagree with that, lol.

Also, if you regularly use a párser yourself, be aware that SE is more lenient. Its Dont ask dont tell, if u get caught, more than likely you just get a warning unlike pso2 where SEGA outright bans parser users.

se still doesn't care if you do tell
the only thing se bans for is when people feefees are hurt so as long as you aren't shitting on someone for doing bad dps they don't care

>easy roulettes as healer
>lag
>SO MUCH LAG
>spam big heals while tank is big pulling
>pray DPS can keep up and aren't idiots

I feel such shame for not DPSing as much as I could have.

I'm gonna squeeze those cat boopers!

We won't get the FFXV event until the PC release will we?

And we probably won't get a DQXI event until the Western release. Or ever

And I can't wait for there to be a KH3 event and see everyone run around with a Heartless minion and a Keyblade.

NO!

Put some clothes on hoochie!

-Weebs don't care about beast races, only lolis and fuccbois with animal ears.
-Making "human but with animal ears" races is 100x easier than actual beast races
-Beast-like races are usually the least played races in MMOs
-Weebs are well known for spending their money on their online game dressup, furries a bit less so (though both are known for spending absurd amounts on their hobbies)

Basically the effort:money ratio is far far higher for weeb pandering than it is furry pandering. I would give Yoshi's left nut for playable Yukes, Ivalice Moogles or Burmecians, but these things will never happen because SE know they can make more money for less effort by rehashing Elezen with bunny ears. Same reason why female characters get more varied glamor options than male characters.

Post what you're listening to while playing.

youtu.be/97xb0D3tlRU

y do i suddenly smell a ferret or smth
weird

thanks u too

M-meow? You leave them alone!

One other thing, the rng in this game is not as cancerous as it is in pso2 either. That already makes the game much better than pso2 lol.

I just got kicked out of a group because I used my limit break on a boss. Why the fuck would I get kicked for using my limit break?

kiddy tiddies are for grabbing

youtube.com/watch?v=FFoPYw55C_c

Which boss was it?

Are you a ranged DPS? Most of the time it's left up to the melee

ah, okay cool.

\
iirc SEGA did issue a threat about the parsing thing when a jap was shitting on people on twitter for doing shit damage. but other than that i dont thinks japs really use parses like and its mostly just English players that do it and stir up shit over

I hate getting MCH in my leveling groups. They're so worthless.

You use it to kill the last boss in a dungeon and nothing else