Getting a 5spd '09 Rabbit this week lads

Getting a 5spd '09 Rabbit this week lads
Test drove one today and it was surprisingly fast and the brakes feel amazing

am i a faggot?

You're the OP, it shouldn't be a question here

Make sure you change the cabin air filter, it always smells up the car if it isn't changed regularly. Also the PCV valve on the valve cover will shit the bed around ~100k miles

just get a civic for 3k instead.

i'm 30 not 16

Also N E V E R put change in the tray where the 12v socket is because people will short out the fuse by accidentally getting a coin in the socket

i'm assuming you've owned one? are they reliable?

anyone know anything about these cars?

I wouldn't go so far as to say super reliable but mine has an auto transmission so ymmv. Get the timing chain + chain guides & tensioners checked out, but it's a pretty solid shitbox so far

OP, what I meant is the M/T version seems to be better. I've even considered getting rid of mine for the same car but with a manual gearbox.

I have an 5spd 08 Rabbit @ 250kms, it's been pretty good to me. Nothing outside the usual maintenance.

You haven't had to replace your PCV valve/valve cover yet?
>*deeply inhales*

>30
>buying a shitty rabbit
why are you buying such a shit car if you're that old? you should be financially stable enough to get something nicer. The 2.5 in the rabbit is shit.

If he's dead set on a VAGshit hothatch and he's 30, he should be getting an R32 of the same year. The 2.5 is not shit as a tuning platform though and I'll deck ur mum in tha gabber

a rabbit is not a hot hatch. the 2.5 is a boat anchor. power of a turbo 4 with the mileage of a v6.

It's unironically not bad once you slap a turbo, tune, and turboback exhaust but at that point might as well do a 2.0T swap. There's videos of people throwing good amounts of boost into the 2.5 blocks

>it's not bad after you spend double the value of the car on mods
there are much nicer/better cars for 8k.

Where are you getting the 8k number from

i figured the average price of good rabbit is 4k

>i figured the average price of good rabbit is 4k
What the FUCK can I buy for $4k

why would you mod a rabbit when you can buy a gti

170hp/180tq in a

that's not plenty fast at all. get something better faggot. it's a shitty econobox with vw problems.

i like my sensible and fun rabbit thanks

>rabbit
It's a fucking golf.
God I hate Americans and the dumb names they use for everything

I hate you too, and I make it a point to call it a rabbit on Veeky Forums to piss you off.

see
If you'r so fuckin smart

look idk about your engine, because i drive a Mk5 GTI, but as a platform, the mk5 golfs are awesome, roadholding for days lol, throw that baby down some country roads for a great time. I own a 5 door and my entire family can happily fit into it, (4 of us) and we arent tiny... all in all, shows it age like any car, but is a solid enough build if you can stand the occasional electrical fault lol.

oh yeah, expect a door to not lock anymore some time soon. I was lucky in that my drivers door doesnt lock but i can use the key for that one. costs about $300aud to fix (quoted)

i'll be driving the rabbit through college and if it's reliable then i'll probably be getting a gti after i graduate. i've always been an audi/vw guy. i bought a b3 audi 90 20v(pic) when i was 16 and drove that for five years. i hate modern germany but i love german cars

This. Why couldn't they just call it a VW Golf like the rest of the world

electric gremlins such as electric windows and locks saying nope and the 1.4 and 2.0 have been rather oil thirsty ever since they were made

oh and check for leakage from the brake light rubbers into the trunk

they feel solid and convincing on the road but the offset is that they do require their maintenance because you cant neglect it like a toyota so hope the previous owner did the maintenance as described by the book