>nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2010-ford-crown-victoria/6501625748.html
>hmmm
what do I do panther br/o/s

Other urls found in this thread:

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2010-ford-crown-victoria/6501625748.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-honda-civic-ex/6478775916.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-civic-lx-5-speed/6479404116.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're set on rwd and hp sure. But if you just need a shitbox that's of the same ilk, look into a tarus or sable. Can be had for 1k or less and driven for years.

Had a taurus, died due to the inner and outer rockers evaporating due to 20 years in the north
most of them up here got the same rot due to those plastic rocker panels

wouldn't mind having a larger, more reliable, rwd v8 version of it like a panther

It's a pretty color. The '03 and up ones are the most refined ones they made. I had a cvpi and a GM, and I preferred the Mercury.
Basically fluff vs performance. Also, the Mercury will have waaaaaay less wear n tear.

There was a 04 GM 4 or so months back that was pretty clean and low miles and cheap. Regret not jumping on it but back then I was still thinking I could find a decent truck in my price range, not so much I found out. Knowing here though it was probably a scam (I hope)

Take it, and remove the spotlight. Caulk up the hole for it. Spotlights on decomm'd panthers just scream "I want to look like a cop"

Junkyards should have lots of standard alloy wheels too if you don't want the cop steelies (or just other steelies period) and possibly a standard silver Crown Vic grille if you get lucky.

This, that dark green is fucking ace and a standout compared to the usual black/grey/silver/tan/weird slightly silver, slightly blue that's impossible to find in junkyards Panthers.

These should be decent at towing if needed? Same gearing, engine and trans as a f150 no?

Depending on year, kind of. 2-valve 4.6L Modular, not sure when F150s got 3-valves or 5.4Ls. Panthers all have the 4R70W (or 4R75, etc.) 4-speed auto, and the rear gearing varies by car, with OP's being either a 3.27 or 3.55 (3.27 is stock for P71s, 3.55 is an occasional option but no way to tell without checking the axle code or differential housing tag).

You can kind of tow with 'em I guess, people do it regularly, but the aero and whale body Panthers never had an OEM towing package unlike the GM B-bodies that could be rated at up to 7,000lbs or some shit under factory warranty.

Wouldn't be doing a lot of serious stuff, I was looking for a old chevy or ford truck for a while, but anything in my price range has severe rot.
If I could put a trailer on it and use it to get stuff then it'd be well enough for my needs.

I mean, depending on how much you have to carry that counts as "stuff," the trunk on Crown Vics is cavernous. Won't fit a 4x8 of plywood unfortunately, as the rear seats don't fold down like a lot of smaller cars and there's no pass-through to the trunk.

Toolboxes,appliances sheet goods, probably a motorcycle soon. Assuming if I end up with it and have it for a while and still don't have a truck, might tow a project car.

P71's are hard to beat for a cool shitbox but they're thirsty fuckers

Picked mine up in November

I was looking at old squarebody and 4th gen chevys so anything above single digit looks good in comparison.
Now only if these craigslist fucks would actually respond.

i redid my outer rocker with thick galvanized steel coated with gravel guard to protect it on my taurus wagon

The inner one was gone too, from about the floor pan to the door frame and up to door sills was rusted away. I thought of welding it but it'd probably cost me more for the materials,time and welder than it'd actually be worth, plus there wasn't much solid material left. Could've pulled up to the inspection place after doing all the work and still have them say no.

yea well a quick fix if you have a any ford car the early 00's. if the outer rocker are ok, drill holes on the bottom so the water that gets in can evacuate so they dont build up and eat the living shit out of it.

>nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2010-ford-crown-victoria/6501625748.html
No cruise control, but the miles aren't too bad You should probably be able to pick it up for 2500. I'd jump on it, if it doesn't have any major rust. Check the underside before you get it. I'd swap the stereo out too, if it's still got the OEM one.

>Junkyards should have lots of standard alloy wheels too if you don't want the cop steelies (or just other steelies period) and possibly a standard silver Crown Vic grille if you get lucky.
I just got a P73 and want to do the opposite, go to junkyard and find a honeycomb grill and the chrome lug nut covers to replace the cheap looking plastic hubcaps

>ex cop vehicle
Don't buy this shit. Get a civilian one instead.

Of course when I actually find something and try to contact them, I hear nothing back.

Only ones in the price range are ex police, I've been looking for something for probably 5-6 months, doesn't get much better. Maybe in the spring some people might sell off their beaters.

>being such a poorfag

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-honda-civic-ex/6478775916.html

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-civic-lx-5-speed/6479404116.html

>>being such a poorfag
>$3000 is poorfag tier when most of Veeky Forums rides the bus
Cool it Mr Rockefeller.

Panther f/o/r lyfe

Panther f/o/r lyfe

They converted to drive by wire in 2006, so adding cruise control would be pretty easy

Oh god i double posted like a retard