Buying a fleet vehicle

Currently looking at some f150’s, see one listed as a fleet vehicle. Is this an automatic “no”?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. I'd look at Toyota.

I'd avoid it. Those fleet trucks are beat to shit.

nah

its an f150. if it looks good its probably good.

this doesnt apply to f250's tho. diesels can be very temperamental

>buying a used toyota truck

>buying a shitty used domestic truck

>Buying nipshit

>Only 200k miles it'll run forever!

Only $15k too, there's only a little frame rot

>nipshit
>made in america

um. no try again.
yup.

youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA

I would never buy a fleet vehicle. Having done a deliver job using fleet vans, we beat those things to shit. Never use the parking break, thing bounces around after slamming into park to hop out. Hard acceleration after cold start, lots of idling, etc. I had more than one brand new Promaster 2500 leak oil on me within the first 5k miles

Hard pass. Find a used truck with all the goodies that has a Carfax listing one owner and maintenance written down in the manual

>Never use the parking brake
FYI, no one uses the parking brake in automatics. At least not here in the rust belt.

I'm talking about slamming into park going 5-10 mph because who gives a fuck it's not my car. I swear I'd bounce forward and back like a slinky 1 or 2 feet lol

>Made by beaners in Texas

Whats wrong with you? You abused vehicles you didn't own because you could? Were your parents retarded or just absent?

OP, tough call. Depends what the fleet was. If it still has logos on the door or you can find out which industry use it, then you might have some luck. Some fleet vehicles were idle machines that get replaced every 3 years no matter what. Some were haulers, some were given to children to apparently abuse. I have a fleet vehicle that sees a lot of idle time. Most of my companies' vehicles get replaced at the 3 year mark with about 80k miles, but the cars probably idle for 2 hours a day.

If you can get it cheap, just save enough money for an engine swap or rebuild, and possibly a transmission rebuild. If you get a great price on the truck, and don't need the rebuild, then its a good buy.

>yet still somehow outlast the domestics

hmmm, makes u wonder

I used to drive a fleet vehicle, and while I certainly didn't purposefully abuse my work truck the environment I drove it in sure as shit did.

Rutted out service roads with branches all along the sides, muddy routes where you were pretty much banging it off the limiter just to keep from getting stuck.

Not to mention how the company would do the bare minimum maintenance.

And I'm sure I still treated that truck far better than any other driver, and even with what I did to it I wouldn't want to buy it

Fleet vehicles are sold because the companies that owned them deem them no longer worthwhile to repair and maintain after years of abuse.

Professional fleet driver here, AMA

Thanks for the responses, a lot to think about.

Yes it is. Get a used king ranch or platinum or some shit. Base models are garbage.

>Get a used king ranch or platinum
>fleet vehicle
Do you huff gasoline?

Obviously don't get a fleet vehicle. Dumbass

*frame disintegrates*

My current car used to be a demo car for the dealership to let people test drive, and it was a fleet car for a different dealership after that. It’s been pretty great to me and it was a good deal for the condition it was in.

But you’re looking at a F-150, so I would be a bit more hesitant. Since that’s probably an actual work truck, it’s definitely been abused at least a little.

Really depends on the car and how it got used in my opinion. Ask them how the truck was used if you’re interested. If it was just for commuting (it’s a truck so doubt), I wouldn’t worry too much more than I would with any other used car.

>hurr le frame rust argument xd

good thing toyota will help replace them for free

>Buy this house! The foundation is bound to crack in 5 years but they'll help you lift the house and replace it!

You toyofags act like frame replacements are routine maintenance. Protip! Frames aren't wear items.

> getting a construction company to replace poor foundation without costing hundreds of thousands
sounds ok to me

>You toyofags act like frame replacements are routine maintenance.
>routine maintenance.

Explain how it's a "routine maintenance", or forever hold your peace. I have yet to see a Toyota owner going through the trouble to replace a frame twice or more.

That shouldn't be happening in the first place... The frame is kind of fucking important like a foundation. Fucking up something that is really unexcusable.

>hurry my Yota is at a million miles
>2 frame swaps later

You probably don't live somewhere with rust.

I fucking hate Wojaks now.

>dodging the question.

Of course.