/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

I am going to marry Riju! edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin>News/DevelopmentsArt Collectionflickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>Soundtrack

>DLC content is surely not canon.
>Amiibo content is surely not canon.
>Completionist prizes probably not canon.
>Upgrading clothing is probably not canon.
>Beating the beasts, and getting the Master Sword, probably are canon.
>The content of the memories probably are canon.
>It is probably not canon for Link to recover more than the memories seen automatically while completing the beasts.
>Crossdressing is canon.
>The Zora wedding armor is canon.
>Link probably aquired at least one horse and visited at least one stable, since he has one in the final fight.
>Whenever Link transports to a spot that lacks a transport pad, that is the storyteller not knowing some in-between information.
>It is slightly plausible that Link had no transport ability at all, even between towers and shrines.
>Kass was less buff than shown.
>The wandering painter probably never existed.
>The Sheikah were less cool than shown.
>The Yiga were not as silly as shown.
>Death Mountain was less inflammatory than shown.
>The Gerudo were even hotter than shown.
>The Rito were less boring than shown.
>Zelda's ass was a lie.

>Zelda's ass was a lie
Blasphemy

I haven't played the hard mode content or anything yet. Am I failure?

A lot of things about the Gerudo don’t make sense and I feel like discussing them.

Firstly, the whole getting married thing seems make little sense. Now you might say with a husband a Gerudo will have more sexual encounters and thus would have more kids than if they went into the nearest town and picked up some men for a good time but I’m not 100% sure I agree. Putting that aside for now you have to consider the fact that if every Gerudo finds a man and gets married eventually the gender balance in Hyrule will eventually skew towards female. Either there’s multiple forever alone Gerudo, their husbands are really unfaithful or their relationships break down and these men remarry to some nice Hylian women maintaining a steady supply of Hylian men for future Gerudo.

Secondly, for a culture that needs to go out find men and get impregnated they seem to apply very little pressure on unmarried women to start their quest for a man or for married women to have multiple or even any children.

Seems to me the Gerudo are practicing some kind of population control without realising it preventing Hyrule from being overrun by Gerudo and keeping enough single people in town to do all the jobs that need doing.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Nah, I haven't either. I want to 100% the game first before I move on to the hard mode. So far I'm at 45%.

Most of the marriage dialog is exclusive to the English translation, but not all of it. It may tell us a lot about why they haven't been in very many games.

No, it's a boring slog

I've played through both ways. I guess there is no real thrill to hard mode. Those camps that you might have avoided because they had nothing good to loot, still have nothing good to loot, plus you will break your good weapons on the face of the monsters guarding that junk.

I would be willing to accept that if Rhondson wasn't getting married and I doubt Malena would go through all that effort for a mere boyfriend

You reckon Urbosa’s army was so large because she was trying to keep as many Gerudo of the market as possible and in so doing both maintaining a steady supply of Hylian men and keeping the Gerudo population under control

What's your favorite food to cook and what's the food you eat the most?
I like rice and curry bowls but I eat a lot of fried crabs too

No I don't.

Maybe the gerudo have difficulty with child bearing? They might just have one or two kids in their entire life because most of them were miscarriages?

Low birth rates seems like a rather poor trait to have in an all female race. On top of that they've been having kids for centuries I'd think they'd have some decent midwifery skills to keep mother and child alive. Also those hips aren't just for show

Very few of the NPCs in the whole game have a ton of kids. It could be as simple as them not wanting to bring kids into such a crapspackle world.

It could have something to do with each time they are impregnated a male is created, but it dies somehow in the process. That's why it's rare for males to be born?

I'm probably going to not bother, it seems like it just makes boss fights more frustrating and I'm not interested in that

Gerudo Town is practically the safest place you could possibly ever have/raise your kids with a large army, a walled city and a difficult to navigate wasteland surrounding it. Despite all that they have less kids than Hateno which has no walls, a single guard and is being raided by Bokoblins regularly

I think what you're trying to say if I get this right is Gerudo have male children but they are miscarriages every time except for the super rare exception. So as a result the only kids they do have are females and a Gerudo with few kids is simply a Gerudo who had many male fetuses miscarried due to whatever wierd conditions exist in the Gerudo womb

>Zelda's ass was a lie

What

That ass is all natural, Link waited 100 years for it

I want Zelda to sit on my face!

If Gerudo Town was so safe, they wouldn't have people leaving to some far off land that Link can never find.

Yeah, you got it right.

I made a ton of pumpkin stew because it's delicious irl

they leave because they have to. If they let in men they'd never need to leave but due to tradition and any excuse to go on an adventure men are barred from the town

In game we've only seen 2 Gerudo permanently leave Gerudo Town and one of them returned when she needed something and the other one is only recently married so who knows how she'll feel once the honeymoon period wears off

>Honey Crepe
Is this real? It sounds delicious.

Marriage within a feudal environment is first and foremost about security and legitimacy. Inheritance of possessions and titles follows legitimate lines only, and "bastards" are generally not recognized unless no other heirs are present or they are legitimized.

Common Gerudo may not give too much of a shit about who they breed with as the social stata doesn't demand it. A Queen or the nobility, on the other hand, would still need to practice such concepts especially since the Gerudo seem to be largely incapable of bearing male children. That is a serious problem to the entire concept if you think about it, problematic all the way to the highest levels since a monarchy with Cognatic or even Agnatic-Cognatic succession would be reluctant or outright unwilling to marry into the Gerudo. This means they need to go the extra mile to seem legitimate as a monarchy, and makes Riju in a position where she is likely to be forever alone.

From the sounds of it the royal Gerudo line is unbroken so they must have found partners of sufficient standing to marry. As for legitimacy, I think a large population with a large military and economic clout is all the legitimacy Riju needs to be recognised alongside the other races of Hyrule. Though I'm still wandering what the Gerudo sell to have become Hyrule's trading capital in the absence of a Hyrule capital city.

5kbro, post some kakariko village screenshots pls

Riju belongs to me

There are around 15 Hylian children in the game, give or take, and only 5 Gerudo children (I included Riju). Most Gerudo women seem to be single. Around 12 of them are focused on being soldiers. Few are too old to have children or attract males. A few more are too THICC and manly to attract males.

Seems to me like the Gerudo have a population problem, if all the NPCs in the game that we encounter are the only inhabitants of the world.

They need multiculturalism.

The thing is if the Gerudo accepted other races men they run no risk of being overwhelmed by a foriegn culture and Gerudo would only ever stay the dominant one. Women continue to visit as they do now but men can only stay in the city if they take a Gerudo wife. These men would need to be replenished every so often as they'd only have Gerudo kids so a steadt influx of men would be encouraged. Insist on everyone speaking Gerudo and don't let any of these men stay if they marry any of the tourists

Problem solved. No need to go on a dangerous journey to find your partner and encountering nothing but frustration as you lament the time away from whatever your passion is. If you want to see the rest of Hyrule you can visit as a normal tourist rather than while looking for love

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for gerudo children

that should be their mantra but they waste away valuable years drinking, partying and following their passions and then rush to find a man before it's too late.

I feel like there's a scathing social commentary here somewhere

How many races have the Gerudo wiped out by overbreeding with them?

Well we're already skirting the /pol/ line so I'm sure the scathing social commentary runs a lot deeper than you realize. Japanese people are masters of multi-layered irony and satire.

there used to be multiple desert tribes but they got Gerudo'd

where's that pic of Zelda being right wing/Nazi propaganda

>if all the NPCs in the game that we encounter are the only inhabitants of the world.

of course they're not, that would be ridiculous.

>OoT Gerudo had round ears.
>There were some regular round eared humans in TP, but that was the game with no Gerudo in it.
They really are all dead in the child line.

The thing about Gerudo is it only needs one Gerudo to bring them back full force so long as they have more than one kid and their kids do the same for a couple of generations

that pic looks wrong in the thumbnail

I haven't played since I finished the game which was ages ago, I just got hit with a fuck huge update. What has changed?

Vai outfit is now upgradable

Remember that kick ass story trailer music with the original Zelda 1 theme mixed in?

Did we ever get a clean version of that?
Obviously it never shows up in game, but was there a clean version of it somewhere on the disk that anybody ripped?

It gives me the fucking chills and makes my eyes water its so fucking good.

I want to fertilize Mipha's eggs

Have you gotten good yet /lozg/

The problem with that is that you would see a change in their culture. The women in the game are looking for their soulmate and someone to have a stable life with, not just with some random male that would eventually leave them.

If the mothers want to go explore the rest of Hyrule while the father is left raising the little girls, you get a problem where the girls don't see their moms enough and grow up with mommy issues and end up hating them. This maybe then cascades into all sorts of problems that would lead the child to commit crimes later in their life, or be sexually confused because their father will have to be the one to explain how their bodies are different. Maybe even leads to incest. They become more hedonistic. They turn to drugs (lick tireless frogs, inject energetic beetle guts, sniff crushed up silent princess).

I don't want to see this happen.

So everyone talks about Gerudo reproduction and a popular theory is that Goron either bud of other Goron or spring from the depth of the earth but nobody discusses Zora. Now we've discussed Zora laying eggs and such like but I'm talking about what would have happened had her and Link properly become an item. Would they have been even able to have a child and would that child have been Xora, Hylian , the best of the two or the worst of the two

I need answers, people

Disney rules apply. 50% chance of being born appearing to be fully either race. High probably of twins or more.

>waste a bunch of arrows killing guardian walker
>blood moon literally 10 seconds after it dies
>hey I'm back :)

damn this game really makes you think

You get a Zora with what appears to be hair and clothing.

Naked but look like you're wearing clothes is one of the most ridiculous design choices I've ever witnessed

Nothing in the game says it is real clothing or that it is not real clothing. No other Zora grows anything that appears to be clothing, not even her own child.

Let's see how you roll.
For me, it's all about the Soldier Deity combo.

N A K E D

A

K

E

D

Those bricks look pretty good

I actually experiment a lot, but just don't post many shots.

I do think that flings are probably the better option for Hyrule and the Gerudo themselves but if they let voe in there’s nothing stopping them from getting married and I even mention the fact that these men would not be allowed to stay unless they had a Gerudo wife. If they break up with the Gerudo then unless his ex-wife speaks up for him then he’ll get the boot out of the city.

Said exploration will just be holidays. I don’t think every Gerudo wants to walk every road in Hyrule in order to find a mate. They might visit one or two locations they enjoy but I reckon very few enjoy the whole journey. If they did they wouldn’t be seeking shortcuts like a beeline to Lover’s Pond. As for how Gerudo kids are raised from what we can see Gerudo kids seems to be raised any family member who’s free with two being raised by their grandmother, one by her older sister and only one by her mother. They also spend a lot of time playing in the streets and sometimes act as callers for their family’s business. I think a lack of maternal figures isn’t going to be an issue plus they’ll have loads of role models with the Chief, the soldiers and all the Gerudo heroes of lore. They have the ‘Voe and You’ class for all their sex ed needs. They’re already pretty damn hedonistic with staying up all hours and drinking loudly at all hours of the day.

Little fucker stole a Duplex Bow. It's been so long since I played I forgot they could do that.

I change clothes a lot, but these two outfits here are what I'd consider my defaults

Though as I've posted enough times, I've warmed up to my Hebra outfit. Outside I just use the Twilight, Ancient Set when I can't be bothered with Tests of Strength/Guardians. If I get bored I'll take a load of fashion shots or whatever.

>3840x2160
H-how...

Cemu

>Toon Link head on adult body

My computer would brick it ;__;
I can't even run Wind Waker.

Kind of looks like Barron

jesus I hate the bandana

>Completed the main story
>Did every Shrine
>have done half the sidequests
>Game says completion is less than 30%

Who the fuck thought putting in 900 Koroks was a good idea

How often do you find little places that a comfy spooky?

It's based on discovering map locations too. Hope you have the DLC to track where you've been!

I was fine with them changing to color of the tunic but removing the hat from his standard outfit was uncalled for

not often, unless it's a giant skull

His standard outfit, including the hat, is acquired by finishing all 120 shines.

>throw in standard Link outfit as a reward for beating every shrine
>make it look dorky as hell

For what purpose

They look like clothes that he outgrew when he was 10

It's modeled after the LoZ artwork. It's the original costume.

>no shorts
>no 3/4 sleeves
>skirt isn't nearly as frumpy

If this is what they were going for they failed

It's the shorts that ruin it

Riju's smile is warmer than the sun!

Now do it without Daruk's Protection

>HRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.webm

Probably wouldn't work and as Sidon gets the throne first Mipha can just adopt a bunch of war orphans or something

Daruk's protection will activate even with a perfect parry.

So all the Zora would hate Link for ruining Mipha's future rather than getting her killed

You can turn off the Champion powers individually.

I meant as in Daruk's protection wasn't what reflected that, it was the parry. Daruk's protection will just activate anyways.

I've had Daruk's Protection on and have successfully parried guardians without it activating. It only activates if you miss the parry.

In the webm, you only succesfully parried the third laser.

Sidon gets the throne anyway because youngest male > oldest female. So i guess that frees Mipha up to do whoever she likes

That isn't how Daruk's protection works. Also there were four lasers.

I'm not the user who posted the webm.

we have no idea how Zora succession works so that's something of an assumption on your part