>practical
>rwd
>6 speed manual
>based I6 turbo
>easy to modify
>parts are cheap
>more fun than any econobox

it's a contender definitely.
but it's debatable if it's better than the RS200 and Sierra Cosworth.

maybe 10 years ago
>australian engineering
>heavy as fuck
>handles like shit
>shit interior
>etc.
Maybe take the engine out and put it in literally any other car and you'd have something good.

Sage and report all Falcunt threads

good for hooning and skids but nothing else

>tfw falcunt has done so much shitposting that any thread involving australian things is now a falcunt thread

I'm not a massive ford guy, but i do like them more than holden, and yes, I reckon the ba bf models have a solid build. BARRAAAAAAAA. +rep for driving a manual like a real man

replying to myself to be more specific, probs second fav ford from aus (FGs look better when dropped on meisters or similar 5 spokes imo) but yea defs not best international ford. had a fuckin sick cop car though...

You have obviously never driven both back to back.
drive a BA/BF falcon then drive a vy/vz commodore then try having that opinion.
t. someone who owns a BF falcon and a VY commodore

Which do you prefer? From what I've heard the Falcons have better engines but the Commodores better interiors

I honestly hate the falcon for everything other than it being a reliable thing.
180km/h speed limiter in the falcon.

Shit interior in the falcon, the seats are horrid compared to a commonwhore.

The barra is fucking useless without a turbo and with a turbo there goes the reliability.

It uses about as much fuel as my commonwhore and the commonwhore has an ls1 instead of an i6..

The only thing the ford has going for it is fuck is it hard to kill and parts are cheap to replace if you do manage to fuck something.

The other downside is the fords are harder to work on than holdens.

no ive never driven any of them but i agree with especially in regards to the current models, interior wise. I like vy/vz commos as well and desu wouldnt mind either.

Sorry to ask a lot of questions but what fuel economy do you average in the commodore and Falcon?

Also would you recommend buying a VE Commodore as a daily?

>The year of our lord 2018
>Choosing that hideous interior over this sublime, understated monster

It's like you're not even trying

What does the G6E have that the XR6T doesn't?

better interior desu, also, looks better lowered (im not g6e guy btw)

>Interior
>Electric everything
>Parking sensors, Rear camera, yadda yadda
>Looks are subjective, but the G6Et is invisible to cops but if you like bacon they love an XR6t
>Better ride quality

worse exterior

>180km/h speed limiter in the falcon
What the fuck you talkin' bout bruce?
Mine tops out at like 240
What version do you have, an xt? Futura?
Fpv and xr6/8 versions dont have that

Can't stand the seats on the Commodore, VT through to VY anywho, the top of the seatback presses into my shoulders and makes me hunch, the only fix is to lay the seat back more which I fucking hate.

The lack of an option for a manual

Are the seats in newer Commodores any better? was looking more at a VE than something of the VT-VY era

Not sure, pretty much only drive diesel 4wds these days so the VE and FG are pretty unfamiliar to me.

Theyre big and heavy. The pillars on them reduce visibility worse than most cars.
They handle well for such large cars though.
The v6 is the least reliable of all the 6 options in the past but it makes good power.
For a daily a VE is a really good option.
Enough power in the six for some skids and fun but the v8 is pretty essential if you want to actually go fast.

VE/FG: SS > XR6t > XR6/G6E > SV6/Calais

I know the turbo will go faster and better tranny and better gains and blah blah blah but id still choose an LS over a Barra.

Do the turbo Falcons get better fuel economy than the LS Commodores? I've heard a lot of conflicting information about it when I was comparing an SS and XR6T

I did a run with a mate.
I was in xr8, him in xr6t.
I used 42 litres, he used 40.
All highway 120km/h.
So he got 10L/100km, I got a bit less in the xr8

It looks pretty good what the fuck.

Why cant I have this in yurop. FUCK.

about 12l/100km on average for both.
and yeah they seem solid as fuck. my brother has put his through 7 kinds of hell and somehow it still drives nice.

> flogs rear diff bushes every year
> entire rear cradle has to be dropped to change them ($1500) in labour
> spark plug 6 literally under the fuckin firewall
> engine braking is literally nonexistent (good luck going down steep long twisty hills)

That being said they've got 2 stage airbags depending on the drivers seat position,
> 5mm steel plate where the drivers feet are to stop intrusions in a crash
> electronically Rev limited so they literally can't be redlined
> if you lose all your coolant the engine will cut off fuel injection to alternating cylinders to vent air through and try and cool the block. Once it gets too hot the engine will just shut down to avoid cracking the block
> full size spare

What causes rear diff bushes to wear out quick?
Is just stuff like hard take offs?

sikk skids

They're just made of rubber and ford's weird irs setup is hard on them. If you go to a hard compound like polyurethane diff bushes you get much longer life but it's harsh as fuck. 1 year is an exaggeration. 5 or so is more realistic. Way to test if it needs them done is accelerate from dead stop. If there's a loud thump/clunk from back there every single time it needs diff bushes

So much bs shilling in this thread.
The diff bushes are fine as long as you arent doing sikk skids all the time, if you lower the car its puts more pressure on them.
Base model falcons are the only ones 'limited', performance version arents.
You can get 10L/100KM out of any of them, it all depends how you drive. I've gotten 8L/100KM with bikes.
Sedan ruin diff bushed, ute ruins tailshaft uni joint.
All ford of the era have the tranns cooler inside the radiator, so any damage could flood the trans with water.
Luxury, auto falcons are a comfy boats for road tripping.
If you do get one, do the same as with any car, CHECK IT, properly. Its not the cars fault if the PO didnt take care of anything

Real best Ford coming through.

>All ford of the era have the tranns cooler inside the radiator, so any damage could flood the trans with water.
Goes for most cars, certainly for the Commodore.

kek im proud