All American landyacht thread

Post them

wew

why is it so sad? Is it because its FWD?

What all have you done to your P71?

Just got mine and I've had to do some work already, just curious what I can expect.

to bad it doesn't have wire wheels

This was my old car but I got t-boned at an intersection. Luckily it rekt his shit too. I miss it, comfy as fuck and pretty fast for a car this size.

dynasty srt demon

I would sell or trade a testicle for an escalade and just cruise with it all over Europe

stop appropriating or kkk mobiles

there's a couple of those cars around here where I live, as well as the GMC counterpart, I should park my tiny shitbox next to one and take some pictures

That's an impressive fleet of yachts you have sir. Any interesting stories behind them?

The '79 Lincoln and '66 Imperial we're going to be ran in demo derbys until I saved them. The Cadillac is an extremely rare convertible, and one of my favorite cars. Then, the Lincoln is a $1,000 vehicle that the owner couldn't afford to pay the bill on at a local shop.

can I marry you

>jeans on the hood
get off you'RE SCRATCHING THE PAINT EEEEEEEEEEEEE

Are you a woman? I normally wind up buying my GFs a car because, either theirs fails, or I want them to get interested in my hobby.

really depends what condition it was in, what year, etc.

pre 03, intake manifold for sure, if it hasnt been done already.

also helps if you tell us what youve had to do

I don't understand, aside from "I want to look like a cop" why keep (and in many cases up-fit) decommissioned P71 interceptors? Why not make it into the best Panther (Marauder) under the hood and the worst Panther (Early 90s Grand Marquis) on top?

>caring about a she-boon posing on worst classic Cadillac (I think that's an Eldorado)
Honestly, the Eldorado is the sacrificial car to appease the low-riding niggers in an attempt to preserve the DeVilles and Broughams.

hey amerifrends whats the peak of milase era landbargeness?

im a britbong who loves milase era barges but knows almost nothing about them since they dont and never have existed on my half of the planet.

what was the most oversized most beautiful barge made?

i would love to import one oneday if it would even fit inside of england and use it for cruising down the motorway in maximum comfort.

richfags get out

>most oversized
Continental.
>most beautiful
Coupe DeVille with the 500.
>import one
Move here instead, you will face literal hell if you import one to the UK.

Go for a 1977 or 1978 Lincoln Mark V; 1979 is good, too, if you don't mind the smaller 400 instead of the 460 (if you care about gas, get a 400). They're cheap, easy to work on, have all the luxury barge amenities, parts are plentiful, and they're one of the largest you can get.

>lucky I rekt his shit too
that'll happen when you plow into a landbarge

I'm fairly certain that if a modern car plowed into a Malaise landbarge at highway speed the modern car would be obliterated and you'd have to tap out dents/find a new grille for the landbarge but that's it.

Probably because the DOHC swap for non-Marauders is more involved than it sounds and the power increase isn't worth the extra maintenance and fuel costs, and a post-2003 P71 is the next best thing stock power wise anyway.
>worst Panther
>aero Marquis
You shut the fuck up this instant.

What's the worst in your eyes then?

thanks lads
im definitely coincidentally liking the lincolns the most so far, the headlight covers and the way the indicators jut out from the corners of the car are very aesthetically pleasing, looks like peak bargeness to me.

i know getting one hear and driving it wont be easy but ive seen other people import these things and somehow manage to fit them down our roads so i know its possible, its not going to be a daily or anything anyway so i shouldnt have too much of a hard time i hope.

fuel is expensive in britbong so il definitely be taking the more fuel efficient one, it is a malaise era after all so i think its fitting.

if i move to america the USS comfy wont be as special or cool anymore, plus car laws and many other things sound chaotic as hell in america.

sounds really good except that parts wont be plentiful here lol, but as long as these things arent going to need the parts too often it should be fine.

thanks for the help boys

2006-11 Marquis are incredibly ugly with their tiny chinky lights and grey ass ends. Aero Vics are kind of odd too if you're not a fan of the 'oversized Taurus' look but if you hate the aero Marquis then you just have irrevocably poor taste.

Oh shit, I'm thinking of the Aero Vic, not the Aero Marquis then because "fat taurus" isn't a good style.

Parts will still be fairly plentiful; the Ford 9" rear end used in those Lincolns also went into light trucks for the next 20 years. While not common, there are enough of those trucks with shared components that brakes, drive pits, etc. that are shared can be found with some ease in Europe. Forget about trim pieces, though. Those will have to come from the US.

I have a fully-loaded '79 Mark V and it's an incredible car. I drive it more than my '68 Cadillac.

nope
in low speeds the bigger older car would win but the faster you go the worse off the person in the big old car would be, and they would be far worse off than the person in the modern car.

modern cars are designed to absorbe impacts and get their exteriours mangled in order to protect the people inside from the forces, in old solid metal cars all that force of the impact goes right through the hard metal and into the squishy people inside, not to mention the fact old seats, seatbelts and prettymuch everything else in their will be worse designed to protect the passengers.

if your gonna crash your classic you better hope its below 30mph

oh nice shows how little i know
thanks mang

I'm talking about vehicle damage, not personal damage. I make an effort to never hit someone or be hit by someone while driving, but someone slamming into my parked car will not damage it much.

No I'm not but i can adapt.

thats a '75 or '76 deville you dick

ooh yeah good point
sorry its just theres alot of mongs here that like to blurt out the "hur dur modern cars arent as safe as muh big metal cars dey dont make dems like dey used 2" thing.

yeah in terms of vehicle damage a modern car would mould itself around one of these like playdough

It is? Never mind, I'm supremely angry now.

Enjoy being a poorfag who can't browse Veeky Forums from the back seat of his Rolls Royce.

I see where your house money went off to. But really, I just envy you because I am not yet financially developed (19y/o working at Amazon)

brit bongs back
im seeing alot of these cars with squicle wheel arches and covered or semi covered back wheels and 4 doors claiming to be 1977 mark Vs but according to wikipedia the mkV was only a 2 door and im not seeing any of these cars with these wheel arches only round arches, and the model years dont seem to overlap between marks so what are these?
they dont appear to be mercurys or town cars either.
im interested because these look a lot nicer than the round arch 2 door ones to me.

am i being stupid and missing something obvious?

>implying I wouldn't rather die than have my car destroyed

I rent because I plan to start construction on my dream house in a year and a half.

Those are Town Cars or Continentals. The Marks are all 2-door cars and my personal favorite because they're just as big.

so they are town cars?
so wikipedia is lying to me and showing me mark Vs then, balls

Take a screenshot so I can see exactly what you mean and post pictures of what you like.

Here's mine. It's an unreliable nightmare. Somebody please buy it from me.

dont worry i was being a retardi fugured them out, i didnt realise town cars went by different model years than the regular continentals and was searching the wrong things

>FWD Cadillac
>Goddamn ever
You made your bed, now sleep in it.

It's comfy as fuck and handles great. I just can't stop having electrical gremlins.

Next time, do not make the mistake of buying an FWD American car. None of them are good. Seriously, get a Town Car if you do manage to sell it.

THIS is a REAL Cadillac.

What engine innit, hoss?

The massive 472; runs like a top.

The 472 is a nice engine. My dreamboat is a Gen.4 with an uncucked 500.

The difference between the 500 and my 472 is literally the pistons; same block. And, yes, mine is uncucked.

WHAT IS TRACTION

hey i recognize you!
having an old american shitbarge to fuck around with in a field is legit my dream

>snowflake cars that run like shit: the thread
anyway here is mine

great to see an allahu akbar appreciate some good cars instead of super expensive shit supercars

>Next time, do not make the mistake of buying an FWD American car. None of them are good.

My dad used to drive something like this in Highschool.
>
Me? Oh, just a Pontiac Aztek: the coolest car to ever exist.

It must have been nice to have rich relatives.

give them hell user

A Fleetwood Brougham? That's certainly "Rich relatives" especially since the only way he could have driven that in highschool was when it was new-ish.

>modern cars are designed to absorbe impacts and get their exteriours mangled in order to protect the people inside from the forces
not even that too much, newer cars have more bulk and a lot better structural rigidity

Iron Duke says otherwise.
>b-but muh skids

>dat fence

well we can tell you spend your monies on your cars and not your house.

>dat
Are you under the age of 14 or something?

What year is yours, 1991? Mine is 1989. What kind of problems are you having, for mine I've had issues with the air conditioning and I've had the alternator go kaput, but thats about it.

Mine's an '03. So far I've replaced the tranny filter, flushed it, tightened the oil pan, fixed the leaky rear end, replaced my coil packs, fixed the rear doors and windows, then a bunch of cosmetic stuff.

I know I have some body work to do and the electrical controls for the power windows probably need replaced. I want to put a newer intake manifold on it and replace my CAI filter.

There's nothing wrong with buying a police car just because it's cool, people have pov fire engines and shit too :^)

No pictures but I love my 95 Fleetwood.
very reliable car and a beauty. Its a shame that cadillac is fucking garbage today, I hate the escalade so much

>found a 500$ running towncar on CL in june
>passed it up for a shitty VW cabrio

it hurts. it was a 2 door too.

Came here to post this

That 3rd gen T/C & Imperial are amazing

>im interested because these look a lot nicer than the round arch 2 door ones to
Those are all Continentals. In the 70s you could buy a Continental, then check the "town car" option for upgraded interior/trim stuff. The rear wheel aprons came off starting in 77' to get people ready for the upcoming move to smaller "panther" platform cars. In 1980 Lincoln moved from "Continental-town car" to making the Town Car it's own model. The Continental then got down graded to a midsize, slant back car for women. You are correct in perferring the late 70s Continentals. They a best

My blue whale.

Fuckking twink

Damn shame, really, but if it seemed too good to be true it just might have been.

Im still depressed that I came so close to picking her up

true. Interior was probably shot and "running: doesnt always mean "driving"

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>europoors will never know what it feels like to own the road

You know what absolutely no one calls the panther platform: Panthicc Bodies

Look at that thing though. Come on son.

It's Wisconsin dude, everyone's house looks like that.

Here's my old Marquis, I really miss it.

>he forgot he took the photo from under the carport of a crack den.

Aero Marq is best Marq.

I couldn't agree more

>no moving blanket under the 4x8

basketball