Can we consider Nissan a "good" manufacturer?

Can we consider Nissan a "good" manufacturer?

Not since 2003

I can (I won’t)

Nah

Maybe 20 years ago

Better than Mitsubishi but not as good as Mazda. In other words, alright.

No. Didn't Nissan close one of their last plants in Japan last year?

>Nissan
You mean "NissanAltima."

you remind me of my 9th grade teacher who always shitted on dumb kids when they asked "can I go to the bathroom"

Nope

I don't know, can you????????????????????

>tfw mom shits on Riced Civics on a daily with pic related

¿Que?

>better than Mitsubishi
>hasn't been able to make a functional diesel since common rail became a thing
>buys Mitsubishi for their diesels

>mom gets 2014 rogue
>electrical issues beyond comprehension
>turn on rear window defroster
>engine goes haywire, activates engine brake, pedal goes dead, revs drop below idle
>turn it off and it's like it never happened
>mfw the circuitry for the engine and climate controls are intertwined enough that shit like this is a possibility

Does Nissan even make good 4x4's?
By good Im talking tacoma level.

Not since Renault

Nissan would be completely irrelevant by now if it wasn't for the R35. There normal cars are garbage compared to Honda, Toyota or Mazda and Infiniti isn't even close to Lexus. They better keep Godzilla alive or they're fucked.

Not since 2003.
I have hope since Carlos Ghosn is gone and the new CEO promised to "NISMO ALL THE THINGS!" but the bar is low.
Fuck Ghosn and his love affair with these piles of shit.

my roommate bought himself a 2015 nissan rogue select. one of the shittiest cars ive ever seen

once upon a time, but that era is over
the only "good" thing they make these days is the GTR, but anyone could make a car of that caliber with enough money

what makes them so bad?

Is the GTR even really that good anymore?

I mean they've jacked the price way up and done more or less fuck all to warrant doing so. Not to mention the fact that it's 4000+lbs. For a car in its price bracket it's really starting to show its age.

Carlos Ghosn. In 2002, he took ver Nissan/Renault to bring Nissan back to profitability and avoid bankruptcy. Ghosn was an accountant. A bean counter. Performance was killed. The 2.5L i4 became infamous for destroying itself from the inside out due to the precat disintegrating and backflowing into the engine.
Then in 2007, to cut costs, he started pushing CVT transmissions in everything because they were more fuel efficient, and cheaper than a traditional automatic. But they were also 10 times less reliable. So here we are. in 2018. Ghosn left in early 2017 and left the company with an entire range of boring unreliable cars of shit quality that fall apart if you look at them wrong. But it's profitable, so apparently that makes up for everything in his mind.
Ghosn is now the head of Mitsubishi. RIP.

It can get beaten by a fucking Camaro. Of course, it's shit and overpriced.

Decent, not the best but they are pretty reliable if you wanna fork over $5,000 on a new transmission every two years (from personal experience)

That's not reliable. That's the opposite

Nope, they lost the art in about 06

Before being fucked by Renault it was. It used to be the best car manufacturer in the 90s. I guess they made cars too good.

The Xterra was good

>There will never be another dynasty of cars coming one after another like with Nissan's S chassis S13's, 14's & 15's.

Heartbreaking doesn't even describe it.

Nissan is fucking garbage now. All they make are ugly cuckboxes.

On the other hand, the S13 is beautiful. I'm mad triggered that they have all been nigged.

Nope. Their primary consumers are now Mexicans who can afford the monthly lease/payment on a Nissan

tell me more about your mom shitting

This. The Xterra Pro4X was probably the last actually decent thing Nissan made (aside from the GTR).

>Datsun
God tier
>VG era Nissan
Cars got complicated but still solidly built and reliable
>Ghosn era Nissan
Mostly trash with a few decent cars
>new Nissan
Pic related, pretty much a cheap bootleg of Toyota

Nope, I had my fill of CVT issues on 2 of their cars (one work car, other was wife's car). Never again, they can keep their shit transmissions.

On a side note, how are they still selling the 370? It's just a facelifted 350 that's been out for 15 years...

This. Has been my dream car for 15 years. Well I hope there's some left in ten years when I can afford one

Sadly if they were to introduce the S16 it would probably not even sell anyways

Even Nissan shitboxes used to be fun. Pic related. Currently working at a Nissan dealer as a tech, and you can literally compare their newest cars to mid 2000s American rental-tier cars. It's heartbreaking.
Can't speak for the 370 or gtr since our dealership is too small to get them, but I could go on a tirade about all of the quality/engineering blunders that are common in almost every car.

Had a '13 Altima, that was the worst car I ever owned. Between tranny problems and all kinds of interior BS breaking, that thing always had something broken. Last Nissan I'll ever own.

They currently offer two “sporty” cars, one of which is out of realistic reach in price. I doubt they’re going to do it, but it’ll be interesting to we if they use the dig-t R in a production car, maybe something small to match the engine.

Mitsubishi is definitely worse than Nissan right now. They don’t really have anything going for them besides crossovers.

Toyota itself just seems to do whatever the fuck they want, even if it’s against public opinion (ie pawning off the 86 and Supra to other companies) but they at least try to keep SOME sporty options out there. Lexus IS actually the best Japanese automaker right now in my opinion. They aren’t afraid to use high displacement na engines unlike the rest of the world.

Honda is a weird one. They don’t have any real rwd options, but they still have the type r and si. They’d definitely benefit from bringing back a true s2k sucessor but they never do it.

This engine is amazing. Just not for lil baby men.

i had a 1999 nissan primera 2.0TD.. it was a good car but not made to last forever. 14 years and all kinds of crazy shit was going wrong with it on weekly basis. a true money pit

good and reliable engine tho, the only thing that never crapped out on the entire car apart from a few fuel leaks.

I bought a 2005 xtrail. What am I in for?

>Mitsubishi is definitely worse than Nissan right now
Other than not being terminally unreliable like Nissan

I’ll give you that much. They suffer from a limited lineup, and then they kinda spit in the face of their fan base by first cutting the evo, then making the eclipse into. A crossover.

good for triggering the GM cucks

case in point

I like the Navarra, but that’s about it

nissan used to make good cars, nowadays they just pump out CVT shitmachines for normies

thats the best looking maxima I've ever seen, you somehow made it look cool and tasteful without making it look like some beaner rice-mobile

The Sentra Nismo was really the last nail in the coffin, it's headed to the same place as Mitsubishi

Renault & Mitsu are the now same company you twat under the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance

There is no engine brake on any Nissan engine.

Ghosn was a useful toolbag. As far as us that work for Nissan on the service/parts side, we had no use for him.

Be specific. CVTs are about $3,500 with labor. Conventional transmissions are closer to $5,000. And, I have never had a customer that had to replace one every 2 years.

You know nothing. We mostly have the airbag recalls. Next are valve bodies and cvt replacements. All under extended warranties. My dealership is part of a 7 brand group. Nissan is actually one of the most straightforward service/parts departments.

You are full of crap. All dealers are approved to work on 370s. It is only the GTRs and NV3500s that all dealers are not allowed to service under warranty.

Sentra now has the turbo.

Its 13 years old. WHO CARES?

Same as the Frontier.

You are stupid. Better acceleration. Better fuel economy. Cheaper to replace.

That thing is a piece of trash.

>that autist who replies to every post

Somewhere on Veeky Forums an user has an xterra nismo and it's amazing

>the autist who points out his own kind

Mitsubishi went down shit creek when they started making TVs bigger than their trucks.

There trucks went down shit creek around that time.

Interesting given that I work for a diesel workshop and more guys own diesel Mitsubishi's than any other make here.

maybe they will replace the 370 by the s16

mfw when Nissan Patrol 04 (Aus)
Been to Alice Springs like 6 times in this thing.
Enjoy it, not daily drive but good for camping, hunting and stuff.
A few issues but nothing huge.
Note for these cars though (like all) is to regularly maintain them, I keep log books on km's done, oil changes and that sort of thing.

>the nissan tech who defends renault/nissan

I think the only thing they do well is make trucks

Mentally replace it with a modern Nissan to do the same job, lemme know how you go.

I don't know of it's a myth but apparently Australians love the patrol almost as mich as they love the landcruiser, Even Ronny Dahl, said that their drivetrains are almost bulletproof and are solid offroaders. I have no reason to doubt the man , take that as you will.

I never said our dealer wasn't approved to work on them retard. I said we weren't big enough to get them for sale or service

>And, I have never had a customer that had to replace one every 2 years.
You haven't worked on enough then. Ex of mine is a tech at a Nissan dealer. He's seen cars with 600 miles on the odometer come in for complete transmission replacements because the CVTs are so bad. It happens so often, they make jokes about the transmissions stamina.

You're not wrong. I've seen cars have transmission failure before the customer could drive them home. The sheer volume of cars we have in for service on transmissions is insane.

And the Sentra nismo sucks. What point were you trying t make

It's really a damn shame how good Nissan used to be at making interesting sports cars....what they do now is pathetic

>still working on a '00 frontier i bought from a family friend
>valve cover gaskets are basically gone, shit's leaking oil and smoking like nobody's business
>intake manifold gaskets might be fucked because the car idles like dogshit

I'm Strayan and yeah Patrols I'd say are more popular, at least with the modification off road crowd than Cruisers but it's one engine in two models of Patrol - that's it, the rest is trash.

It's not just CVT's, D40 Navaras were eating the 6 speed manuals second gear so often Nissan dealers in my city were trying to bluff customers claiming it was a wearing/consumable item.

>tfw the r36 will be even more overpriced and pigfat

hold me bros

Defending Nissan CVTs lol. Have you actually owned one? I've had 3 replaced between 2 cars and a combined total of 100k miles. That was enough for me to sell that shit and keep me from ever buying another Nissan. Even if they are a little cheaper to replace, that's far faster than the rate of any normal trnamsision out there. Worst I've ever had from any other manufacturer was a trans rebuild at 125k, all others have made it beyond that with just basic fluid/filter changes.

They could sell em well if they are able to produce and slap an msrp tag on it that's less than 20k usd

lol this nig probably finds a way to redline between every red light

Not really, but they're the only japanese car manufacturer that still wants to try making performance engines. Even in super GT toyota uses a Nissan engine.

And why should that bother a transmission?

its gonna be like the 350z platform, we won't get a new GTR for another 7-10 years.

CVTs can't hit redline faggot

>tfw we aren't allowed to have trucks like this in Canada

Are you 14?

Which engine would that be?

I'm afraid most people can't tell what an engine is based off of a cutaway.

looks to be a VG30DETT from a Z32 Nissan 300ZX

That makes a lot of sense...

Maybe if thousands of other Nissan CVTs didn't have early failure issues also, you could chalk it up to one bad driver. The fact is, the things are shit. There's a reason they've got such a bad reputation.

see:
CVTs can't redline. They constantly adjust the gear ratio to keep the engine at an optimal RPM. It's why they're so fuel efficient. It's why you can't redline them
Find another scapegoat retard. It's a bad unreliable transmission design they stick in everything because it's cheap.

Not if you don't let me.

From the trips I've done yeah mate LC are king, but it's been a solid invest so far...fuel consump not so much hahaha

20. I just know I won't be doing shit for the near future

I always said yes and got up and went to take a shit