2011 ranger rwd automatic 6cylinder 76k miles

what should i expect at this mileage

Other urls found in this thread:

ford-trucks.com/forums/forum6/
therangerstation.com/tech_library/camshaft_position_sensor.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks like a Hyundai

your dick to shrink and turn into a vagina

You should expect a good running truck that would last at the very least another 200k miles

about 16 mpg

Depends. 4.0 or shitty 3.0?

>18691841
I had one of these it was a great truck. it was a 2003 purchased it for $650 with 265k miles on it. Put 20k miles on it in 3 years then 2 fuel injectors took a shit and I traded it for on old accord wagon. Sometimes I wish I kept it and never sold it, it was one of the most reliable vehicles I have owned. I honestly never expected that out of a ford.

>be hyundai
>blatantly rip off styling of other cars
>suddenly everything looks like a hyundai

Can confirm. I'm lucky if I even get that though
>3.0 4x4 Auto - lowest projected economy of the entire lineup

Why the hell would you get a RWD truck?

no

this

european ranger is better

Me Mazda truck guyz

Good things. It will suck in the snow though, if you get snow where you're at.

FTE is god tier Ranger resource.

ford-trucks.com/forums/forum6/

Most trucks don't need 4x4 and it reduces fuel efficiency while adding more maintenance at higher vehicle mileages. If you know how to drive you won't need it unless you bought truck for offroading, and depending on use you can get by with a rear locker or LSD.

76k miles on a Ranger? Probably doesn't even realise it's not a new car yet. I had an older Ranger when I lived in the US. The issues I did have were brake lines (replace the whole line if you have any issues), exhaust had to be replaced, and my driveshaft joint broke and had to be replaced.

No joking! Mine was fucking terrible in the snow. It was actually amazing how terrible it was. I actually had to turn around once because the road was icy and there was a TINY incline and it just wouldn't do it. Just spun the tires. Even with sandbags in the back it's pretty bad.

Sounds like a tire problem

This

My 94 with Blizzaks is amazing. Far superior to any of my FWD/All-season equipped vehicles.

t. skeeter
Most people don't go off-road. Why have the added complexity of 4WD if you literally never need it?

I have bald michelans on the back of my '97 and I haven't gotten stuck at all through the winter.
Sounds like a driving problem.

The V6 is powerful, but you get ass mileage, which totally defeats the purpose of having a mini truck.
Automatics are good because the Achilles heel of the ranger is the lame ass slave cylinder set up.
If I ever find the Japanese engineer responsible for such a monstrosity, i'll slap him into next week.

he said europe not australia

t. I don't live where it snows

you should expect to be disappointed. i was very disappointed when i had a 2005 with 80k miles. you see, i like working on cars. i had to do absolutely nothing on that truck. it had a mainseal leak, i put in stop leak and for a year it didnt lose a single drop. all i did was oil changes on that fucker and it started up every god damn time.

until i hit a speed bump going 50, then i had to do the shocks and sway bar links.

if 2wd in winter put 400 pounds of sand in the back and you wont slide around at all. if on dirt roads, have nothing in the bed. its lightweight and wont get stuck. its the fucking perfect truck i tell you hwat, if you dont like constantly repairing things.

i miss mine so god damn much

I want a newer one but I can't find any long beds in my area, or rust free trucks of that matter.

>lame ass slave cylinder set up
elaborate

They're good daily driven vehicles. I have a 97 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 6cylinder. Pic related. It only has 195k miles on it. I've had to replace a few things in it but it still runs good. Anything with 76k should run great.

The slave cylinder and TO bearing are all one unit, meaning you have to drop the trans to get to it.

wtf?

My '01 B3000 has some interesting history. How many people can say their truck was owned by a man with over 8 DUIs?

Needless to say it has had a hard life

this.
just had to do it last week. wtf man.

or it spent more time in impound than on the road?

well aint that some shit

I'm sitting in my Ranger right now waiting to get picked up. Low oil pressure light came on while driving and the check engine light came on before I could pull over and park.

I can relate, this was just a few weeks ago.
Luckily just the oil pressure sender went out. I knew it was faulty as it had been flickering since I got the truck, so I kept driving - really bad idea in hindsight.

Same on my 97 sonoma. Is it a small truck thing?

Same here.
97 4.0 XLT.
I've had a variety of issues revolving around the brakes/ drivetrain but all of them are based off of the manual hub spindle nuts backing off.
Have you done the screamin demon upgrade yet?

>ford
recalls

Anyone know the easiest way to change the ball joints on a 97 XLT 4wd?
The short shaft is in the way and I don't think I can fit my press in the spindle housing without half ass disassembling the front diff

Whats u niggas opinion of the vulcan equipped rangers?

183k on this one, 2009. You'll be fine

a fucking solid drivetrain. the 4.0 sohc is a great motor with plenty of power and meh gas mileage.

my 2001 ranger had 200k when i sold it and the motor was still rock solid (i did have to replace the thermostat housing which i could do myself), just change the oil whenever you want.

bonus points if its an edge or 4x4, you can treat it well or beat the shit out of it and the thing will ask for seconds

Vulcan is a god motor.
No real power potential, but it fucking spins forever.
Source: I drive one.

dont buy it

I have a 2000 rwd v6 with 161k and I really like it. I've had the fuel pump go out buts that's normal. Although the timing chain plate had a bad water leak, and a coil pack go pad. Overall I still like it.

Why tho

>Vulcan
>"god motor"

I mean, its good that you like your anemic cuck truck and all, but c'mon, lying is not cool

>Cuck
You know how I know you have nothing useful nor insightful to say?
Go on- guess.

Nice truck lil nigga

Thanks!

>the power of an i4, the eem pee gees of a V8, the reliability of Ferd's "Quality Control" (depending on the day the engine was manufactured, you could get an anemic, thirsty piece of shit that breaks something every other week, or a respectably reliable anemic thirsty piece of shit)
>"god motor"

>Vulcan
>"god motor"

In ancient Roman religion and myth, Vulcan (Latin: Vulcanus) is the god of both beneficial and hindering fire, including the fire of volcanoes, and the manufacturer of art, arms, iron, and armor for gods and heroes.

>Literally. God. Motor.

Did the one on mine last year at 185k miles. Clutch still looked good, but the slave was shot. I replaced everything while it was apart. I guess I can't complain if I have to do it again at 360k.

On the positive side, as far as having to drop the transmission, it's one of the easiest I've done.

even chrysler didn't fuck up that bad with a v6
how the fuck

Chrysler couldn't even build a decent V6, they had to buy grenade-tier shit from Mitsubishi.

at least it didn't get 16mpg

and at least ranger motors dont explode so you'll actually make it home

Can confirm. My 3.5l EGG drinks a quart of oil every 1k miles and burns coolant at about the same rate. It also has lost a lot of compression and there is an alarming amount of blowby. And it only has 87k miles on it.

TL;DR: Chrysler a shit

With the 4.0 and passable maintenance? What this guy said.

>~ A Chevy guy

ur thinking like a cuck
go big, dont be scared of gas

question: does your transmission shift like it wants to free itself from the vehicle?

definitely not

maybe could be caused by low tranny fluid or maybe a vacuum leak somewhere?

So this happened.
therangerstation.com/tech_library/camshaft_position_sensor.shtml

I'm hoping I was able to pull over quickly enough that I didn't damage the engine..

Open diff. I swear these are the worst. Nothing more frustrating than having one wheel spinning while the other sits on ground that has adequate traction. Usually happens on flat ground (snow, mud, etc.), which makes you want to set the truck on fire at the time.

>manual hub spindle nuts backing off
Use a goddamn torque wrench and stop guessing how tight the outside nut is.