Califags

Alright bois, me and the wife are moving to San Diego. Any of you autists living out there that can give me a heads up on what car related shit I can look forward to or avoid?

I'm keeping my SC plates but I hear I may still have to smog my car, which sounds like a load of bullshit

cool meme user

Bro your cucked your gonna have to smog it and get cali plates. Cops take notes of our of state plates and if they see them again like 3 months later or whatever they'll stop you and cite you for it. Specially if u have a California license which your also required to have.

We're military, is there not an exemption for active duty?

if those are JDM cars you might have issues with smog. lots of jdm stuff didn't have the emissions equipment. good thing california has tons of dirty smog places

FD is long gone. Skyline has SC plates, and we dom't have emissions testing in SC so (to me) I shouldn't have to conform to CA vehicle regulations if I don't have the vehicle registered in CA

not that i'm aware of, it's california, we invented hating the military

Great. I'm gonna fight it as long as I can then, we're only going to live there for two years.

if it's registered out of state you should be ok but cops might give you shit for it.

we had an FD driver in norcal that did that but he disappeared

Yes, you can keep your state of residence as
SC.

Marine? If u register your car on base (which is technically required but all depends on how gay your command is) you have to smog it and make it California legal. If u don't register it on base just keep it registered back home and your good to go. You can keep your license too.

Good to know. She (AD Navy, I'm retired AF/dependabro) was told by another sailor that even if the car is registered out of state we would have to have it smogged. True or bullshit

BS. But if she's the only active duty, the car must be in her name.

I guess that's not a big deal then. Thanks bro

let us know if you come up to norcal
wouldn't mind chasing a gtr

Just moved to Orange County CA from Oregon. Yes you will have to get your car smogged especially if it's from out of state. I hope your out of state tags are good for a few years, because as soon as they expire you'll have to get CA plates and smog it. You can always throw Jesus $150 or so to pass your car anyway.

We have a pretty good group of autistic fukbois in the area that do S/o/Cal meetups every month. I think it's the third Saturday of every month or something.

>my car at the first meet I went to

Will do

I might do that, since I won't know anyone in the area and most Navy guys seem like faggots anyway

What did you do in the Air Force? I'm also ex USAF.

I was a hydro troop but spent my final two years in MOC

Some spic is going to try and steal your car lmao

My wife and I*

Well I fuckin hope not

Tomato/Potato

Where in the OC? I'm in San Juan Capistrano haven't been to a meet