Explosive Nuka-Cola Edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17836/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25650/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FONV > FO4

>park safety rules
>not tunnel snakes
Fuck off

>20 settlers working 120 mutfruit plants
>119 food production
>leave the settlement
>it goes down to 108
One of these days I'm going to have a stroke.

>get happiness to like 80 something
>accidentally glass 1 guy and build some bots
>happiness down to 53

>build some bots
I think that's your problem, lad. IIRC, robots have a hard-coded 50 happiness that never changes. Meaning, it brings the average happiness down.

What's your number one F4 mod that isn't in the top 100 mods /fog/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17836/?

What's mod number 101?

I-I did it for the irony, m8

kek kek, am i right, friends?

Settlement keywords Expanded.

I stumbled into the BoS and was immediately presented with complex choices in ways completely absent in the other two Fallout games and I'm unsure of what to do

there a mod to fix that bullshit?

Crab battles!

>Got to the point on nuka world where they want me to take settlements
>The only one they want me to take that isn't built up really us coup manor
Thank.
Christ.

Sorry bud, I was being sarcastic. Number 1 not in Top 100 would be 101. I genuinely feel bad lol. I don't even play FO4 because it's not a good RPG.

I agree, but I still enjoy it as a game and was hoping to get some mod recommendations to add to my own load order that weren't in the top 100 nexus mods.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25650/?

I haven't watched the show but this is really neat

So what's your opinion on Fo4's Hardcore mode?

It's better than NV's

Alright if you fix it yourself, just like everything else bethesda has done.

Is it possible to make a great ass with Cherryhotlings? Seems like they inevitably either look like soggy diapers vanilla or get this horrible pyramid butt effect with No Collapsed Butt.

How much territory do the NCR, BoS and Caesar's Legion have in the US Wasteland?

There a map where one can see their territories?

retarded
>disable console, a TOOL like it's a cheat menu
>disable saving in a crash and bug happy game
>disable fast travel, only half the factions have fast travel alternatives
>disease spam
of course
>mods will fix it
but that doesn't excuse the shit vanilla

help

>>disable fast travel, only half the factions have fast travel alternatives
Actually everyone gets fast travel. Assuming you don't muck about with the MM and don't put some effort into siding with the BoS at the same time or don't wipe them out with the MM.

>disable console, a TOOL like it's a cheat menu
Not a major issue, though dumb.

>disable saving in a crash and bug happy game
I'll give you that. It's such a retarded decision

>disable fast travel, only half the factions have fast travel alternatives
Not an issue. Also, all factions get fast travel alternatives except for the MM if you decide to keep all factions alive.

>disease spam
Not an issue, and even if it was, the game throws antibiotics at you

NCR, a ton west of vegas to the pacific

Legion, a ton east of vegas through arizona

BOS, western controls fuckall having been beaten back into caves a

BOS, Eastern controls D.C. and the surrounding areas

This map is as close to canonically correct as it's possible for us to get, based entirely on information extrapolated from 1, 2, 3, NV, 4, Tactics, and BoS. It'll obviously be different if Tactics and BoS end up being written out of the canon, depending on what Bethesda plan on doing with the Brotherhood of Steel in later games.

admittedly the fast travel thing isn't much of an issue seeing how easy it is to be a friend to everyone, I just bring it up because it's a dumb design flaw none the less
but what travel does the railroad get again?

Railroad gets Institute teleportation during your infiltration and then they get a vertibird after the MQ.

oh, never done a RR playthrough, cool
also lol, they just steal everyone else's shit, useless niggers

Pretty much. Could've been neat if they had a fast travel system utilizing caravans.

Normalposter here, have all the faggots from earlier today gone to bed yet?

Don't forget who's brilliant idea that was.

Anyone know why I can't loot him?

Somedays in my dreams I get so worked up over this fictional map. The NCR and BoS are truly rotten. Unfortunately Fallout 2 game designers were rushed or something and weren't able to give The Shi as much attention as they needed. Thank god for Caesar being present to put a stop to the NCR before they become Old World US government 2.0.

And suddenly it all makes sense.

>The Shi
>Ye oldene skoole Feudal Chinese tier traditions

Actually sounds pretty cool.

Probably just brainwashed communist sleeper agents running things. I mean if some of the Old World US survived the Great War,
why not China as well?

The disease thing annoys me a lot. It's not like the TES games where you catch them through fighting certain enemies which carry them, it's not through eating suspicious food either. It's due to how long you sleep, regardless of where you sleep, which just doesn't make sense to me.

FO3>FONV

The Shi are genius. Ethnically the Shi are all descendants of a single group of individuals from a chinese submarine. They in fact ARE Feudal in structure, except their emperor is an altruistic AI, which means the system eliminates the natural cronyism that has already corrupted the NCR. Neo-feudalism all the way man.

Subjectively I can respect that.

Point is, FO4 gobbles cock.

That's just plain wrong though. You can contract diseases from enemies, from eating uncooked food, from drinking dirty water and sleeping on dirty beds.

Fallout 1 proved that the chinese were the good guys.

>Neo-feudalism all the way man.

BethSoft should just bitch beg Obsidian to make a new and better Fallout game that features the Shi.

Bitch beg so hard that they want Obsidian cock real fucking hard right in the fucking urethral tract.

The entire Fallout series is on sale on steam at the moment for anybody who wants a legit copy.

I'm having a weird glitch in Fallout 2 where I can't start the quest in the Den to sabotage Becky's still.
I buy whiskey from Becky and then go to Frankie, but the dialogue option to ask about his prices doesn't show up anywhere, and so I can't start the quest. Any ideas?
I googled it but only found one old case that was never resolved.

From using chems too

Depends, are you one of those faggots that think Bethesda didn't rip-off Autumn Leaves?

Your waifu is fucking trash bro

I have two characters over level 50 and I've enjoyed them both despite crashing the game every five minutes during vertibird flights (which sometimes loses up to an hour of gameplay if I'm exploring and need to head back to dump crap).

Protip:
>only use vertibird in the early morning hours (2 am)
>look down at the ground with the minigun after you select a destination
>go into third person
>don't let it spin around
I haven't crashed since last night when I started doing this. If you crash to desktop/home more than once during an attempted flight, fly somewhere half-way (preferably where there's a bed) then fly again. I hardly have problems otherwise.

It's way better than blowing through the game on any of the easier modes. I play vanilla.

I've actually never looked into it. Who were the writers that pieced together the genius that is Fallout 1 and 2? Superficially the games played to popular culture of Mad Max, A Boy and His Dog, and several other post-apocalyptic entertainment that came out of the late atomic age. Beneath the surface however, The Master and his crusade to save humanity, the F.E.V., sentient deathclaws, the Shi- the whole of it was very clever.

new person here, im trying to get sigourn's recommend mods list to work, and for some reason its hitting me with the missing master, can someone help me identify the problem?

here's my load order

I neither know nor give a fuck what that is but I hope you're not one of aforementioned faggots.

He's the avatarfag with the shitty spiky haired meme NV waifu

There's either an attribute or skill check associated with that dialogue path. Or if you piss off Frankie maybe. I can't quite remember, I encountered the situation once and I don't recall how I fixed it.

The Shi were fucking based dude.

too edgy to touch safely

what the fuck the first picture didn't post

>science fuckery results in plants that can cleanse radiation, making a clean world a very real possibility
>meanwhile the master just makes hulks, enclave is mostly military, BoS just jerks off in their bunker, and the think tank make fucking cazadores and talking toasters
shi numba wan

I will get fo3 since I first played it several years ago and on xbox so I've been looking for an excuse to play it again and get the full experience.

Looking forward to spending days modding it too.

does this include the season pass for 4? I might finally pony up if it's not like 10% pity sales

>make a concrete foundation
>attach a concrete doorway with no door to it
>settler walks into the wall side of the doorway never in the doorway itself
sometimes they just like walking into walls especially if i make rooms inside a larger building

Why would you even need the season pass?

for dlc, I've pirated the workshops because those are insulting, and own automaton for some reason, but the other 2 are actual dlcs and credit where credit is due

Why would you screenshot the whole window?

>Bethesda sale prices went up after F4 released
I think I'll get Dead by Daylight, latest Aliens and other shit from newest Humble Bundle instead. Hope it doesn't suck.

because im bad and im not sure how to use the windows screenshot feature that well

See, some people just want to see my waifu and they don't care if I stop posting her. But I do love posting her, so here you go buddy.

Did you miss the part where I recommended Mod Organizer? Because I really recommend you use Mod Organizer. I don't care if you don't know how to use it, watch some tutorials and simply do.

It will save you a LOT of time in the long run, especially so because you have evidently downloaded the mods already, so the most time consuming part is already done.

Mod Organizer, for instance, will literally tell you which mod is missing a master and which master that is. From what I see, you are using JSawyer Ultimate's Project Nevada patch.

Don't. It's meant to be used alongside a complete PN installation.

>Looking forward to spending days modding it too.
You won't be spending days modding Fo3, it honestly doesn't have near the amount of quality mods that NV does, but there are still plenty of good ones.

It's okay mang. Just use puu.sh instead. Way better, incredibly fast.

I just took the fattest, greasiest hobo shit and it got me to thinking, how would a pre-war individual like the SS (or Vault Dwellers in general since I assume they live off of freeze dried and canned rations almost exclusively) react to sudden exposure to post-war cuisine? Not even talking about the grodier and more questionable meals, but stuff generally accepted as "normal" or "high quality" by the standards of your typical post-apoc city dweller.

Install Tale of Two Wastelands, that way you can download and benefit from New Vegas mods and all the great shit made specifically to work with TTW.

LIKE PROJECT SOLID! I'm gonna keep shilling it because I love it.

Use Window's Snipping Tool feature. Even easier my lad.

No the fallout chicoms are not good guys. Eiher way you are referring to a spin off faction.
In F4 if you notice the war machine propaganda posters, it is actually explained in the brainbot factory that Chicos were making advanced robotic warmachines that forced the creation of dangerous experimental robots in he US

>chicos
Chicoms

>how do you guys think the ss's body would react to the wastelands food?
>haha do you think it'd really mess up her stomach hahah wouldn't that be funny, i'm just wondering for no reason haha
>asking for a friend

Bud you got problems if you think everything is about sex.

mankind spent the greater amount of its history wondering why we shit weird all the time. Humans have one of the most robust and flexible digestive systems on the planet (easy contender for #1 even).

Oh wait, I just re-read your post and you aren't actually asking a poop question.

Well, there are 25 year old people right now who don't "get" food that doesn't come in a package. I've worked with clinical psychologists who are researching the phenomenon and are approaching the point of calling it a disorder, for its similar to having stunted mental growth in a particular area.

On the flip side, hunger is an immensely powerful force that will cause the hungry to eat almost anything with almost all other precautions and factors disregarded.

The thing you're referencing is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

By the way, I just checked and it appears the only thing of note to have from the Project Nevada patch is added visors for the Scorched Sierra Power Helmet from JSawyer Ultimate. So I just did that with FNVEdit.

Gonna test it now and upload it later.

>misreading an entire post about culture shock concerning food and making it about body function fetish when it would take subtracting and adding several key words to do so
I'd say your brain's in the gutter but that would be downplaying it considerably.

how exactly do i check what im missing using mod organizer? i have it open, but im not seeing anything pertaining to that. i could just be retarded

Is there a way to make throwing spears not suck?

how do i make the fo4 loading screen faster?

Yeah, i'm pretty dissapoint. They could have done much more with this game. Instead, it reads like a slightly altered copypasta.

Dunno, but now I am reminded of how they didn't have throwables in 4

Wrong. It's all in Fallout 1, if you play it through thoroughly. The US government was making the F.E.V. Chinese spies found out, they looked at the data and realized that it would be "the end of mankind", not just one nation or another, and were so terrified of what had done they didn't just nuke the F.E.V., they nuked the F.E.V. a countless number of times until it left a gigantic ultra-radioactive crater in southern California. All at risk of worldwide nuclear self-destruction. "Humanity can recover from nuclear weapons. Humanity cannot recover from the F.E.V." The Old World Chinese government basically moved to dive on a live grenade.

US Military generals reaction of disgust to the creation of the F.E.V. is also the origin of the Brotherhood of Steel.

It only works if you have installed your mods through Mod Organizer. A small alert sign will appear next to the .esps or .esms that are missing a master, pic related.

>$30 -automaton price
eh, I guess
not touching fallout 3 with a 10 foot pole though, fucking GFWL crap those jews refuse to fix while GoG or TTW has perfectly functional re-releases that even work on newer OS

Get the fuck out with your biased the chinrese are the good guy bs.
The point is the Chinese were making killer warmachines which caused the US to make every single experimental thing in the setting.
They are directly responsible for the whole thing in a way, from powe armour, biotech to military robots.
Also they dropped the bombs canonically on civilian targets

>people think nukes were the driving force behind fallout and not FEV

gucci desu. they still should allow console in their game. should have added an option to just save your game when you activate beds.

Whatever happened to Don't Call Me Settler and is there an alternative?

they STILL haven't adjusted the DLC prices for my region so even with the discounts it's over twice the price of the base game.

maybe if they set the goty edition to regional price I'll buy it.

I want to bully Todd's butthole.

the airborne F.E.V. strand that survived the channeled nuclear hellfire was the driving force behind all mutations you see in the fallout universe. By some small grace the airborne strain was low enough dose that it didn't ruin the world but instead helped most things tolerate radiation.

It was an American-Chinese cold war scenario with the escalation of technology. The Chinese invested in robotics and certain kinds of weaponry, America couldn't compete in that sector and invested in everything else. America's super-soldier program spawned the F.E.V. (originally just trying to make radiation resilient soldiers) but when they realized it could do so much more, they went that direction.

*heavy breathing*

>fallout 3 on steam
you retard

user you,are disingenous. The FEV was started as a project for virus immunity from CHICOM bioweapons.
Face facts the chinese in fallout were beligerent and expansionist like their real world counterparts.
Also no it wasnt a cold war scenario exactly in Fallout the US technically won the cold war and had no rival. They had no reason to militarise in the way they did. That was until the chicoms mysteriously developed weapon technology light years more advanced than the US. As explained in F4 they could stealth entire fleets and cities.
They had giant killer advanced ai robots like liberty prime.
Things like this forced power armour, mini nukes, fev, brainbots all in an effort to catchup with the chinese.