/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Game is so good that the general is dead for 40 minutes and no one notices edition

>Elder Thread
>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
Look around it's always on discounted somewhere

>Making sales and deals
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
do dunmer bitches take it literally anywhere you want?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0Vnrb93dyY
youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quen a cute! CUTE!

where is yagrum :(

was he still fucking around in Oblivion, at this time?

i dont think theres any sort of timestamp on that, but maybe. fyr is still considered "young" at this moment

sorry bb, shadowwarrior is free on steam until tomorrow. I was playing, and holy shit is it fun.

humblebundle gave the game away for keepsies a few weeks ago...

also, my apologies. i should have included the link that was in the "sales and deals" section prior to the elder thread. it's at least a small discount. also for including the last OP's retarded (embed)s and grammar. okay, the (embed)s are kinda funny

oh, meant that you can get the game for free forever, as long as you add it to your account by tomorrow.

maybe he'll show up in Clockwork City. would that make any sense? i really need to fucking play Morrowind (and i guess train's stuff)

it wouldn't make too much sense. he's still walking oblivion at this point, and when he gets back her gets the corpus, which we haven't seen in vvardenfell yet, as eso takes place a few hundred years early.

alright, thanks

trying to knock out these world bosses but no one ever shows up to them ree

reminder that guar is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=g0Vnrb93dyY

yes they are

EVERY NOW AND THEN I GET A LITTLE BIT LONELY AND YOU'RE NEVER COMING 'ROUND

still trying to do shadowfen? in the guild? i can hop in for a bit to give you a hand, should be able to make short work of them.

Did you hear anything about crown sale in this month? 1 of my guildie put a note about it

not in the guild. i was in it for like 2 days a few months ago before deciding it wasnt for me. only four achievements left, currently waiting around for people to show up at the guar boss in deshaan. afterwards are one in stonefalls, one in eastmarch and the slavers camp in shadowfen

cool, coming to deshaan now, i'll be the fabulous purple sorc.

awesome, thank you

caravan guar boss?

my internet went out the moment the thing dropped dead, but it seems to have counted. sorry and thank you

i was afraid it didn't count. which one next? might as well knock them all out.

Just solo them pussy

im too squishy. thankfully user helped and i have every sone EP achievement. NOW i can finish the main quest

that's what i did, too. what i DIDN'T do was finish Fighters/Mages Guild quests. i regret that. i'd decided, at the time, that they didn't fit my character anymore, RP-wise, and i see where i was coming from, but i'd go back and change it if i could. have you done them?

i have yes. im still mad theres no player housing on the mage's guild island

i want to _fuck_ Hildegard

not in wolf form

>tfw the werewolf model has a sheathed cock even when playing females

these are the sorts of things i wish you people wouldn't tell me

what the fuck are they doing with the pumpkin spectre mask? left is what it was until recently, then they changed it to right, and NOW they've changed it back to left.

also, which do you think is spookier?

should be left out of combat, right in combat

and what the FUCK is this new swirly shit on my weapons?! it's not tied to poisons, or enchants, or buffs, or sets

not bad

Looks like the Flawless dawnbreaker passive but i might be wrong.

just starting, I kind've want to do a nightblade 2h/bow build. Would that be stupid? I mainly want to pvp.

Not at all. Twohand is good burst for pvp, and you'll have plenty of annoyance skills to keep enemies slowed or rooted to help keep them where you want them.

thank you, that's gotta be it. i did just morph it and add it to my stealth suit bar. it's not on any of my bow bars, and the bow got all swirly a couple times, but that could easily just have been a glitch from swapping weapons too quickly or something.

bonus: wonky swirls because particle effects on Outlaw daggers are literally fucked sideways

Have merchant and/or banker assistant ever gone on sale?

youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU

ESO+ renewing for 6 months soon too

I'm ready for halloween and winter events

I am unironically looking forward to the crow mask for full edge.

found my answer

>When some sperg has a meltdown in guild chat about people having millions of gold
Drama is fun.

the things i would do for such an amount. i want a house for me and my friend so very badly ;__;

But why? Eventually you buy all of the motifs and recipes that you need, and there is nothing left. Why hoard beyond that?

Why do CEOs keep trying to make and bank more money when they already have an opulent house and trust funds for their kids

Housing furniture.

can someone explain improvement to me like a babby. i should only do it to things ill keep forever, right? is there a certain trait i should aim for on Silks of the Sun before i bother with that?

do it to things you want to keep or sell for profit

guys what class should I play

something focused on ice staves

do i always want divines on my 5piece set?

>he doesn't hoard gold
>he doesn't sleep on piles of it
>he doesn't allow it's lustere to light the halls of his palace

are you a tank and trying to maximize on health with the lord mundus so you can throw everything else into magicka and stamina

Yes.

Are you a dps trying to capitalize on crit damage/weapon damage?

Are you a medic or a dps trying to jack the magicka bar as high as possible?

Go for infused

i am ye ol dunmer fire dps trying to obtain a good silks of the sun set. infused then?

magicka pet sorcerer

>medic
What the fuck

So should this game be alive and well with lots of players for years to come or what? Interested in buying it.

pls spoonfeed me. i actually did just find infused leggings just now and don't know if i should commit

wow is the biggest mmo. eso and ffxiv fight for number two on and off constantly. if youre an eso fanboy, buy it i promise you you will not regret it

Are tanks or healers more enjoyable to play? I realize it's probably subjective but i'm looking to play one of the 2 roles at endgame and I would like some other people's opinions on the matter.

Tanking is a lot of fun but you'll go insane if the damagedealers are shit because there's nothing more irritating than having a 20 min dungeon go for an hour because no one does any damage.

They should remove ebon and worm cult sets desu.
Sick of seeing them. Sick of being told I should wear them.
Remove SPC too.

Run Tava and Dragon, it's equally if not more valid.

I'll be damned, didn't know there was an ESO general. I asked in /tesg/ and didn't get an answer so I'll ask here, anyone know if retail Morrowind can be used with Steam ESO? I realize it wouldn't activate on Steam and show me as owning Morrowind on the Steam copy, but I was curious if ESO purchased through Steam could get a retail Morrowind activated on ESO's account page and then played through Steam as normal.

i wanna be an argonian archer

then be an argonian archer

yes

I will :)

Thanks pal. I'm kinda on the fence about picking it up in general since I almost universally dislike MMOs but I'm still kicking around the idea. Torn between buying nothing, just buying the $10 base ESO, or buying ESO gold for $30 and then getting Morrowind off the back of a truck for $18 for the whole shebang.

well if you don't like mmos and dont know if your gonna stick around I wouldn't get morrowind, base game is easy enough content to decided if you like it or not, only problem being that buying base and then the gold dlc bundle later is a rip off compared to just buying gold but you can always get subscription to get access to them.

Healer=medic
???

LADS! CROWNS ARE ON SALE!

I just bought the game + morrowind, I'm a lvl 7 templar and holy fuck there is too much content I don't even know what is most important to do

Nothing. You can do whatever you want whenever you want so just do whatever you feel like.

play it like you would any other TES game, because that's what it is

How good is this game if you buy it without buying a subscription?

The sub is very much optional. What it offers if nice and all, I mean i'm a sub myself, but you can purchase the dlcs straight up and not have an issue. Otherwise it's mostly convenience stuff and some crowns.

The craft bag is something of note however, but t b h it's not needed if you use your alts as pack mules, don't craft, or craft of different characters. Again it's very nice to have but you don't need it at all. ESO is overall a very welcoming game for those who don't want to sub.

That's good to hear. A friend told me that subbing gave you something like 50-100% bonus XP, Is that outdated information or does it end up not making much of a difference?

lol, it's 10%. xp, gold drops, and inspiration, i believe.

Is it possible to install this game without having to install 65GB worth of stuff from Steam? Is there a way to get straight to the installer and install stuff from there, or if I bought a physical copy and installed the game via CDs, how many more GB in patches would need to be downloaded to make the game playable?
t. australian with bad internet

Nah, it does provide a 10% boost to all xp gain for as long as you're subbed but that's it in terms of xp. Doesn't make that much of a difference imo, you'll still get to 50 and then aquire champ points at roughly the same speed as a a sub would.

There ARE items that can give you plus 50, 100 or even 150% (I think) xp gain for an hour or two after being used, but those items can either be aquired through crafting or trading with other players if you don't want to purchase any xp boost scrolls using real money. They also run events every so often that boost xp gain for all players, in october we're supposed ro be getting the witches festival which will (among other things) provide a pretty substantial xp boost to all during the event.

A word of advice however: Don't worry so mucn about your level. This game has a good endgame yes, but the questing and leveling experience is very fun too, and you'll end up getting to 50 soon enough anyway (depending on how often you play). There's also a level scaling system in place meaning you can experience pretty much whatever you want whenever you want, and you can play seamlessly with differnt level players aswell. It's all quite nice really.

sorry, "inspiration" is crafting xp.

ah, and trait research rates. traits are item, er, traits, that you learn by sacrificing items with said traits and your trait COUNT is used to determine which set items you can craft. this shit is not important to you right now. (though you should start research as soon as possible if you have any interest in crafting because it takes goddamn FOREVER)

Would just the base game be fine currently for someone who just likes leveling characters and would never raid or fuck with PvP? Still hemming and hawing over picking it up, tempted to go the cheapo route of $10 for just the base game even though getting raped on the price on the DLC/expansions by skipping the gold edition sounds irritating.

i dunno, the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and Wrothgar DLCs have some great single-player content. hell, i'm not even entirely done with any of them. especially Wrothgar.

you can always sub for a month and do the story content ones like states then again if decided to stay on with MMO aspects you can always wait around till a crown sales, which happens about 2-3 times a year like now, at which point buying the dlc pack with discount crowns is comparable to getting gold edition.

It isn't outdated because that has never been the case. Your friend is full of shit.

theres some really good benefits to the other dlc,skill wise and skyshards because extra skills are nice

Is this game more fun now? I got it at launch but didn't care for it. What's the least popular class? Are tanks popular?

Much better now, tanks are popular as always for PVE, for PVP you can do it if you run it right.

Why is this general so ded?

We're all playing the game user.

They put Kerrigan in the game?

reminder to keep an eye on the crown furnishing store. what the fuck? Creature? can it be attacked?

yes, user. first Warcraft was given StarCraft's story, now it's being integrated into TES. soon, we will have nothing but StarCraft, in all games, just with different gameplay.

I assume the tank options are Dragon Knight or Templar. Which is less popular? I tend to play the less popular picks

>Templar
no. And this is from someone who thought it'd be a good idea when I started the game. Dragon Knight is still top dog for tanks.

So do I get a pack of crown and get the guilds and glory stuff or do i get a membership and use the crowns to get horns of the reach instead?

Horns of the Reach is also included with ESO+