/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #886 - Sleepy Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=37061&st=0
sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/eggmannega.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

quick

I was so close to being free

The odd thing with Team Hooligan is that because nobody but Ian really wanted anything to do with them he was allowed to turn them into completely different characters than what was established in any Fighters bios

Fang seems consistent at least. Bean was based on the protagonist of another game and Bark was just a soft spoken hulk. But since they were seen as my wife Heavy Magician's illusions they'll be considered part of the same team nowadays

First for Amy is the best and needs her own spinoff game.

To be fair, the Fighters Megamix guide was only just translated. At the time, there's no way Ian could have known anything about their characters other than Bark being a giant hulk and Bean throwing bombs. No excuse to buff "Nack", though.

In your dreams, fag.

Is it just me or is this general more active than usual?

What did he mean by this?

Mania probably brought in some traffic.

>No excuse to buff "Nack", though.
If anything he made Nack a lot more comedic than what had been established pre-Ian.

So do you think the IDW comic will go with the canon personalities or will they go with the Archie ones? That'll be really interesting to see.

Canon. Much easier to do.

We gained a lot of fast lately. We're doing almost two threads a day sometimes.

Mania wasn't made by Sega though and they were basically glorified cameos (which were mere illusions). So it's kinda hard to say what exactly Bean and Bark's characterizations in the games would be.

This new information on them might mix things. There is a chance their original characterizations might be used to make the comic more different from Archie's and more canon with the games.

Who knows? We'll have to wait until more info comes out?

First, Amy needs
>her character development to be right on track with the Adventure games
>her personality to be more based off her CD bio
>her canon age to go up because let's face it, how good can you write a 12 year old?
>a re-design to get rid of the anime bob and the backless skater dress (for what purpose?)

And yet Sonic Team will continue to be retards and place their hands in their ears going "lalalaalala" since they're lazy as fuck and always confused on what to do

They'll go with whatever the writers want because Sonic Team doesn't give a shit about them. They could turn the two into boy band singers if they wanted to.

All this proves is that SEGA likes recycling old character design aspects for new characters. I don't see why Silver has to be related to anyone in the first place.

Last thread:
Op is a fag.

Seems like a fine change to me. We already have a gentle giant with Big and being based off something doesn't mean it has to 1:1 in characterization.

>a re-design to get rid of the anime bob and the backless skater dress (for what purpose?)
You were so good up until then.

Could you link or post the info regarding the "original characterization" of these characters?

Saw this on my Facebook feed

We talked about this last thread, every game that matters at the event was "nominated", it doesn't mean anything.

It's this Sonic Retro thread.
forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=37061&st=0

Right here.

>Sonic Forces was nominated by IGN for People's Choice
>nominated by IGN
>IGN

Fuck off man, the anime bob looks fucking retarded and should be replaced with a mix between her manga hair & her fleetway hair. And the shitty skater dress can be a form fitting sleveless polo neck dress instead.

Pic related is what you shouldn't do

On the off chance they get used at all, I'd assume the Archie personalities because even if Megamix is technically more "canon", it was literally just uncovered and the Archie versions have had 10 years to cement those versions of the characters into people's heads.

>Pic related is what you shouldn't do
Downie face and money arms?

i'm guessing those bottom three pictures are nothing?

>Bean the Dynamite, based on characters from a game called Dynamite Dux, is a Woodpecker

thanks for posting tho

Eugh

Boooo

Manga hair?

Either Bean's adopted or somehow in the world of Sonic two ducks can make a woodpecker.

Or he's transspecies hehe.

Not enough amy and sally pics

That looks awful.

What's with people and putting Rouge's outfit on other characters?

Yeah no this design was scrapped for a reason

"Düx" isn't actually supposed to mean "ducks", it's supposed to reference that there are two of them, Bin and Pin.

I'm not super big on it either, I was just posting it to clear things up.

I do however headcanon Charmy as having hair like that under his helmet.

Amy's outdated weeb bob cut is fucking garbage.

Tiddies. Even if the character being put in it has small ones, they get in that outfit and are suddenly well endowed

Fair enough

And that manga shit isn't more outdated?

Even tails?

three terrible words

zero
suit
fox

Fringes and ponytails never go out of style me dear, meanwhile Amy's "new design" has stopped looking fresh ever since 06 came out.

Why do people like Sonadow?

>Weeb bob
The fuck does that even mean? Messy bob?

Popular characters with some form of interaction just tend to be shipped and they are the most popular characters in the franchise.

Yeah, ponytails sticking upward like a mohawk totally would look good in a modern setting

Shit looks disgusting

If they ever re-made Sonic Adventure 2 this is what I'd like

>A moderately updated storyline that better connects with the events of Sonic Adventure and retcons the alien bullshit of Shadow The Hedgehog.
>Instead of "Hero Story" or "Dark Story" the characters are chosen in like SA1 with well-integrated playstyles
>Hidden characters like Amy is added into story mode with their own gameplay mechanics
>Re-designed levels and re-worked physics to better frame the gameplay & improve on the flaws of the original.
>Models to be in the same style as the Adventure ones but with more vivid expressions

What did Eggman Nega mean when he said "but if I defeat you now, there won't be anyone to get in my way in the present, or the future" to Sonic and Silver?

Amy's plain and flat current hairstyle makes her look like a generic female protagonist which probably contributes to the characters' unpopularity in recent years. Maybe she should take design cues from more visually interesting characters like Blaze or Rouge.

At least the Fleetway/Manga quills makes her look like an actual hedgehog and suits her tomboyish character better.

It's animeshit.

You call that a ponytail? It goes in two directions. Bobs are a pretty safe hairstyle considering, I don't member a decade where they were unfashionable.

Who cares? IDW will just fuck it up the same way they did GI Joe and Jem.

Infinite is Nega Metal Sonic.

because they have taste

>You call that a ponytail?
So what is it then?

>Bobs are a pretty safe hairstyle
Bobs haven't been fashionable since the 1930s

I need more amy/sally shipping in my life

"I'm gonna kill you two"

Why does Sonic Adventure 2 need to better connect with Sonic Adventure?

The couple nods that were there are enough, I'm not sure what you're expecting.

If you defeat someone, they won't ever be able to bother you from that moment onward. Eggman Nega said it a bit awkwardly, but I suppose that's because they wanted to emphasize the fact that he was from the future.

That if Eggman Nega killed Sonic and Silver right then, he wouldn't have to deal with the hedgehogs messing up his plans in the present (Sonic) or the future (Silver).

Hey tomboyish character hasn't been relevant outside of CD. Amy's bobcut looks cute on her so I see no real need to get rid of it, atm.

...but doesn't he live in Blaze's dimension? That's not even in the future.

Because the plot of SA2 had a tendency to be confusing and felt too far off from the previous Sonic games. If it should be ever remade that sould be worked upon and improved

Nope, that was a Nega lie. He's actually a descendant of Eggman's from 200 years in future.

Tough shit, it ain't changing anytime soon.

The game in question retconned him into being from the future. For basically no reason other than to justify Silver being around.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking bad.

I understood Sonic Adventure 2 when I was like, 11 years old, dude. What parts about it are at all confusing to you in [current year]?

I checked out IDW adaption of series to see what they do and they're fucking awful. I can expect to see off-color characterizations and neutering of some characters

No. Eggman Nega is from Silver's future.
sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/eggmannega.html

What the fuck? You're telling me I've been wrong this whole time, even after being a Sonic fan for over 11 years and playing through all of Rush?

You're only wrong because Backbone entertainment decided to retcon Nega and Sega rolled with their bullshit

You weren't wrong, they just changed their mind. It wasn't something they planned at the time, either.

Nothing we ever say here is going to make anything change anytime soon. Tell me something more Pointdexter.

You had to have played Rivals and Rivals 2 in addition to both Rush games to fully understand Eggman Nega's story.

>So what is it then?
I guess ponytail is the closest way to describe it, but I don't think any like that exists in real life to compare it to.

>Bobs haven't been fashionable since the 1930s
If were going to have an actual discussion you shouldn't be pulling shit out of your ass. The Bob died down in 1930s came back huge in the 60s and then later last decade became a thing again.

Well, it's only talked about in Sonic Rivals, so it makes sense why you'd be confused. At least Silver now has his own enemy to fight.

>North Island's #1 snowboarder. He is blunt and quiet, but has a gentle and loving heart. He's actually a shy guy.

Awwh what the hell this is adorable

Why couldn't this have been his Archie characterization instead of just "big guy who don't talk"

I'm talking in a generalized manner senpai. I had no problem with SA2 but it could been integrated better in general

I'm suprised SEGA didn't make Silver Sonic's descendant, since they made Eggman Nega a descedant of Eggman's.

...If '06 erased itself, does that mean Shadow won't or will be put back into a pod in the future?

You have bad taste.

Both of which came out after Rush, the sequel to which ignored the dumb ass "descendant of Eggman" crap.

>Silver needed to steal from Blaze to get his own enemy

Because this bio was just a recent discovery

They related him to Trunks, which puts him closer Shadow's descendant

They want to keep Sonic a virgin. Though how Eggman got laid is beyond me.

All I want is for them to revert the emerald radar back to its SA1 counterpart

I always got the impression that Bark really didn't care for the rougher aspects of being a merc and was only the team muscle because it pays the bills.

>off-color characterizations and neutering of some character
Like SEGA isn't gonna have a close as fuck eye on the comic, like they had with Archie. And if they're bringing back old names from Archie like they said they were, I can imagine them bringing back some writers who actually have a clue on how to write the Sonic characters.

Who wouldn't want Eggman tho?

So is Infinite the Beerus of the Sonic series?

he's gonna stick around after Forces, r-right?

Not always