Anyone else take loner road trips? to where?

one saturday morning per month i cruise to high-end bakeries, from 20 min to 3 hours away
>not a fatty

Other urls found in this thread:

landlopers.com/2016/03/06/boudin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah bro it's called a motorcycle.

i ride alone pretty much 99% of the time. just go wherever dude.

i drove from calgary to toronto
but i picked up hitch hikers so maybe it doesn't count

sometimes when I need to unwind I just cruise around during the evening and night while listening to comfy music
bonus points if it's raining

driving in night rain is spooky to me. even though i have solid vision, something about the reflections in the rain does a number on me. feel like i can't see shit

I've driven across the US by myself 4 times now.

Every Birthday I drive to a far away Dairy Queen by myself to get a FlameThrower Burger.

I can get them whenever closer to home, but its about the trip and eating my favorite burger in a random parking lot. Normally in a town I have never been to before.

I recently took the long way home on a short road trip for a concert.
State highway at 1am with nobody and nothing around.
Just fields for miles and miles and miles.

Talk about ultimate comfy.

I used to do what I called sunset races where I'd look up how long it was till sunset, then look up a place to watch it that was just about that far away in drive-time (or a little bit farther) and see if I could make it there in time to watch it.
I should start doing that again.

isn't it boring? or you mean for work as a hauler?

I drove from Raleigh NC to Knoxville TN when I got my first new car back in 2016. Farthest west I've ever been. And I was a degenerate two years ago so I smoked weed during the entire journey.

It was amazing.

I've done Seattle to Anchorage solo and I've covered most of the Western States solo at some point.
I just really like road trips.

I love a long drive alone...the peace & quiet is one of the reasons it is nice to drive alone.

Sometimes people can just be annoying, even in the car. Any anons ever turn up a song and say, oh I love this song! And your co pilot picks that moment to start a conversation? WTF? STFU and listen to the damned music!

Used to do it all the time on my motorcycle.

tfw the joy is gone

That’s cool man

I have a pipe dream of driving my truck from PA to Colorado / Wyoming to go off road and see the mountains and shit. 20+ hour drive has put me off though

Yeah, sometimes on Sunday's I drive to a town that's a little over an hour from where I live cause I like a Mexican restaurant there.

I drive for Uber part time on weekend nights, and when it's slow I kinda just drive around areas I'd never have gone to otherwise. Dunno if this counts. It's still pretty comfy to explore the unknown (to me).

I do. I live for searching for waves almost every weekend

I don't mind it but if I can help it, I try to break up the trip a bit by seeing friends/family and visiting sites. I also look up places to get good food (places featured on food network, or BBQ in places like Memphis, etc.).

You guys are my kind of people, every once in a while I enjoy a mini-road trip somewhere to a cafe or a bakery just to grab a warm cup of coffee from a local place somewhere else. Its great to just see things around

>eating solo in a restaurant
Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest loner I know, but even I can't fathom the idea of eating inside a restaurant solo. Take that shit to go man and eat it in your car or take that shit back home and eat it in front of a computer like a respectable robot, for christ sake.

>being this insecure about enjoying a meal

May man, I've been wanting to do the same thing once I buy my car, you in socal?

enjoy getting laughed/starred at by everyone in the restaurant, including the qt waitress lady.

the qt waitress is gonna approach me, seeing that im an alpha who doesn't care about being seen alone

you have issues

>ywn drive a riced lada oka while decked out in leather and sunglasses

sir may I ask you where are you heading

This^

I'd like to, but I don't trust either of my vehicles enough to put any real distance on them.

Once I get around to battling the cold and fixing the Subaru I have a road trip planned.

Until then, a daily trip to the small Cafe is good enough for me.
>Known by name
>Table by the window facing the pond is always available
>Always have the same qt waitress, except for Wednesday and Thursday as those are her days off

I'm doing this in a few months for the first time, probably taking I-70 out west and coming back on I-80. Anything you'd recommend checking out? I just want to see the Rockies and the Californian desert because I've never left the east coast.

> mom took her abusive drunk husband back without me knowing
> was driving to visit her, turned around 3 hours in to the trip when I found out cuz I'm too pussy to confront him
> told anyone who asked about my trip that my car broke down
> honestly don't know if anybody knows the truth

>getting up early on saturday

I prefer a long drive with just one other person that I’m comfortable with , iv put 100k Kms on in 2 years

nothing wrong with enjoying your own company, and there's nothing wrong with cathartic cruises either

I lived in the Palm Springs area for about a year. Back then I took trips up to Hemet fairly often to escape the dry heat and enjoy the roads. I'd recommend doing that before heading back north towards Mojave.

i really wanna go on 'a drive' but every time i think about it im reminded of all the salted roads, the retarded jams, the horrible road quality and that i'd also have no actual destination because im a sperg who's scared of social interaction

Go explore the backroads some time. They tend to get less/no salt, less traffic, and more interesting with curves. Seeing someplace new should help get your mind off the other crap you mentioned and just enjoy the experience of driving. Your destination could be something as simple as a turnout overlook or some shit. Bring some snacks and have a nice lil solo picnic.

That's funny, I was already planning on visiting Palm Springs because my dad used to live there in his 20s.

i dont know why but a few months agoi was real bored so i just went out for a midnight drive, and the next thing i new i was driving to the next states over capital. i didn't stop i just ignored every exit and once i made it there i just stayed at a hotel then went sight seeing the next day.
im still boggled by whatever possessed me to do this.
although i have been kinda depressed lately so i do find myself doing things randomly

ten years ago i was living in rochester and drove all the way to boston without stopping one night. drank a few 5-hour energies and drove back the next day. was like 900 miles

The farthest I've ever driven by myself was from Clearwater to Orlando, which was about1 and a half hours of driving. However the farthest I've driven with company was from Clearwater to Atlanta, which was about 6 hours of driving

My dad drove solo from Tampa to Indiana in the 80s, which is pretty fucking wild if you ask me

Thanks to long distance driving thread I've started crunching the logistics of driving solo from Key West to Deadhorse AK.
I hate the way my brain works sometimes.
Maybe I'll use a P71.....

Every few months I drive from Seattle to Vancouver BC to eat brunch and then a late lunch (before 3PM) there and as late a dinner as I can fit before I drive back to Seattle in the dark. I don't eat any food that I can get in Seattle because the goal is to find things I can't get without paying a moderate price (+$50 per meal).

I leave around 6:00AM to 6:30AM depending on how many stops I will make along the way. If I leave earlier, I will stop at the two rest stops to get a "free coffee and doughnut" at one of the fund raiser stands there. I donate $5 if it look like it's doing well. If I see a lot of callous people taking free stuff without donating (and there are plenty of those actually), I will donate a little more to cover the loss. Freeway speed is usually between 70mph to 80mph unless it is near the arlington and ferndale area speed traps.

I try to get into a group of fast paced cars. They are impromptu and you can start one by finding another speeder and keeping up with him. As other cars see you tow moving by, some will start speeding to join up with you. It's sort of like making your own herd on the freeway. Do people like to herd? Apparently some do!

It's far safer to walk around in Vancouver than Seattle. I typically go downtown and to both international areas. The food in Richmond is better prepared/tastier and there's more of it than than for three times the price in Seattle's International District.

Where are the car mod and auto accessory shops in Vancouver? I have yet to find one bigger than a tiny mall shop. If there were some interesting shops, I'd add those to my driving stops.

Fug any?

>biggest loner you know
>can't fathom the idea to eat solo

nigga you got problems because you're giving a shit about another's lifestyle choice. Work on yourself

>too pussy to confront him
Were you high or just lacking self-confidence?

Just fucking drive. It ain't a drive if you're worried about every little detail you aspie

im so glad someone else does this

Do it someday. Do it alone and tell nobody. You owe it to yourself.

no you may not

Your type of drive is not for everyone. Each person has their own conditions as to what a stress relieving drive is. For some people, a drive means breaking their ironclad rule of no eating meals in the car. So those people drive to a new place to eat and then eat in their car while parked somewhere that they can see some environmental ambiance or experience some environmental ambiance. It's too bad it's hard finding places with safe ambiance while parked and being distracted while eating. The country is full of minorities with weapons and the knowledge of how much your daily limit is at the ATM machine.

just driving on whim to vancouver for lunch?

I live in Indiana and for the last 5 years or so I've always wanted to drive to the southwest. I've never seen a desert IRL before. I'm not sure when I'll ever have the vacation time to do it, though.

The latter

When are you going across I-80? Wyoming is a pain in the ass. I went west to east in April and this is what I got stuck behind near Laramie. On that trip I stopped at several good food places I found online (just look up the town/city you plan to stop in the next night), Bonneville Salt Flats, Villisca Ax Murder house, Strategic Air Command and Aerospace museum, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, you'll pass the Badlands also, Red Rock Amphitheater (Denver), and saw a handful of friends and family as well.

>tfw never been on a road trip, but want to badly
>tfw many great places I could go to, even have buds to go with
>tfw between school and work, I never have time
One day, I will go on a real vacation/drive. Eventually.

>but its about the trip and eating my favorite burger in a random parking lot
I think I'll try something similar but with more people involved. I'll still be solo in my car though. I'll find more of these local car meets and sort of hang around while eating something. A lot of these meets like to occur in some parking area near a place that has food, so it works out.

Holy shit are you me. I'm all about finding Top tier bakeries and tea rooms across the country

>Friend and me are truck drivers
>We take home time over in Nashville
>He has a friend there (girl) so he goes to see her
>Dont care for social places or shopping so I do nothing
>Sitting in the hotel room I decide to go for a drive
>This time I want to drive where I want to go rather than having a certain direction and time limit
>Drive 240 miles out into the mountains during the rain
>drink beer while overlooking a lake, take a few pics, and drive back

Apparently the road I took there was the Tail of The Dragon. Unfortunately I just had some shitty rental.

Nice! As a Vancouverite, if you want some good hooning roads, there's Cypress, Seymour, and Indian River Drive.
As for car shops, check out Garage Five in Richmond.

Road trip wise, ill usually drive to Kelowna from BC because of work. I'd check into a hotel and check out tinder until I match with someone and we meet, after I'd hit up the Dennies at the hotel fill up my stomach and go to bed.

Iktf. I went for a 6 hour drive with my friend to check out flooded dams in the state. He lives about 2 hours away from me, I was having a blast ripping down country roads with him in the car but once I dropped him off I was bored of driving and just wanted to get home.

A few times a year I take an ice chest and by myself will cruise the Louisiana boudin trail and fill my chest w delicious boudin. I'm still not sure about how I feel about the locals but the food sure is good

>As for car shops, check out Garage Five in Richmond.
Thank you. It's my dream to find some large car mods shops like they have in Japan. This picture is an example of a two-story car mod parts shop. It's not a general auto store as all the stuff they sell is for ricing / modding cars.

sweet pic. that's a public dock or were you trespassing for a photo? you stop for food anywhere?

issue is when you find 1 top tier bakery the others start to seem lame and you feel like you waste time even bothering with them anymore

kek at donating $5 to cover the gluttonous freeloaders and look like you're doing well. $5 is cheap price to pay to get that warm feeling

not depressing. although it would be better if you packed a pair of jogging shoes and worked out or went for a sightseeing jog in the morning, shower up and then checkout of hotel. jogging around a foreign city is best way to get the vibe imo

I've thought of doing similar but on foot in my area.

everytime i wanna go for a long drive im reminded of the lease jew... and zipcar mileage limits are ass

>one saturday morning per month i cruise to high-end bakeries

There's a difference (to me) between bakeries and patisseries. The high-end bakeries are patisseries and those prices are too much for me to bear. Sure, I can easily afford it. But the enjoyment factor is wasted due to feeling bad about not having a reasonably-priced sweet item.

That's pretty pathetic. Did you have a weak feminine upbringing with no masculine influence and we're you constantly scolded for being a rambunctious typical boy?

Comply with them and blast or stab them as they're getting in the car. Make sure you don't do it in their back and if you're the type of person to stick around for the cops to come then act really fearful and say you were scared for your life and they said they'll shoot you.

What kind of locals are they?

Not him, but I'm going to go out on a wild guess here and say they're rednecks

Once a month, I drive from Washington DC down to South Carolina just to get some damn good barbecue at these off the path spots.

love it

>What kind of locals are they?
>I'm going to go out on a wild guess here and say they're rednecks
As Louisiana state boudin sellers go, there are all kinds of people selling cajun food. Cajun food stands and restaurants are not confined to rednecks. Big business ventures sure. But I don't think positive about big business cajun because that's when the down home ingredient list changes.

landlopers.com/2016/03/06/boudin

I think of boudin as the convenient more-intensely flavored jambalaya (with far more meat of course) that is easy to eat on the go because it's packed in a sausage casing.

""I came here to chew bubblegum and make boudin with MSG":
I still prefer jambalaya made at home. I don't use secret seasoning that has MSG.

I did a 3000kms lonely trip in my shitbox last month. It was pretty comfy and I rooted a chubby French backpacker girl.

Yeah its not great sometimes, especially with lights.

Though the scariest was when the roads were flooding and I found out my POS mazdas wipers hardly worked.

Something about hydroplaning and not being able to see scared me a lil

At least you have Google Earth and its other road view feature. Those are popular armchair tourism tools. Eventually, google may expand them to have better and deeper side views from the roadway. The company commented last year it was under consideration. I bet google will accept advertising fees to show store names and clickable storefronts if that happens.

>found out my POS mazdas wipers hardly worked.
My wipers work, but there seems to be something coating the windshield that fierce rubbing with Windex doesn't remove. Is it mineral deposits? Whatever it is, as the wiper blade moves over, there is a temporary haze of moisture on the surface sticking to that coating. In places without that coating, the glass is nice and clear.

It could be micro-abrasions. When I lived in a windy desert my windshield got chewed up by sand. New windshields aren't too pricey.

>20 hour drive
All you need to do is take a week off f.a.m.

that sounds like a fantastic idea.
I'll pick it up and see if any friends want to come along.

Only the clowns.