Very lightweight FWD or heavy RWD?

Very lightweight FWD or heavy RWD?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VOK9QW21VPo
youtube.com/watch?v=a_mWyahWoUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As a person who has driven both, I take FWD.

add power until weight doesn't matter.

>tfw your photos will never be good enough to make it into NG

>yet another "Let me try to justify settling for FWD" thread

MIATA
Is
Always
The
Answer

Heavy RWD

What if the question is "what's a good cheap reliable mid-engine sports car?"

if you have the base models with a slick top, steel wheels, and its either a vg20et or a vg30e, this car is only about 2650lbs.

About the same as an NC Miata, Lighter than a GT86.

Its not nearly as fat as its competition like the supra or mustang

Mid-enigne swapped miata

Light FWD is the ultimate driver's car so that obviously.

Miatas are overpriced noodles at this point. Not worth it anymore.

Really? Maybe it's just my imagination or the stock susp setup but when I drove one it felt a lot heavier.

>heavy RWD

easy answer, I love driving my land barge around

That person is smoking something, lightest Z31s are still around 2800 lbs as a curb weight. Turbos are around 3300 lbs.

the US/EU models were all "up optioned" with larger alloy wheels, larger tires, sound deadening, premium carpeting and such.

T-Bar cars add another 150lbs or so for some reason, despite the tops only being about 10lbs each.

They feel heavy because they are softly sprung (2.4kg/mm) and have thin shock oils (2.2wt fluid front). They roll and plow as a result.

lightweight fwd all day but i can see the fun in throwing around a roadboat aswell

I just bought a perfect running NA for $1600
Is that overpriced?

Heavy RWD.

You remember how cars drove in car chase scenes from 1970/1980s cop shows and action movies? These fullsize V8/RWD actually do handle like that when driven hard. Ironically the massive weight and dimensions make the handling rather forgiving to the point you can fishtail and invoke drifts at will with either enough gas or sharp steering. Heavy RWD FTW

Heavy RWD

youtube.com/watch?v=VOK9QW21VPo

No, you got lucky. That price here will get you a beat one that needs a lot of work. "Good" NAs start at around $4k here.

They handle like ass though, every heavy rwd car I've been in has been worse than the worst of Civics and the like.

1983 200Z is under 2600lbs, it saved weight by having 14" steel wheels, 195 width tires, and no hubcaps among other omissions the ZG has.

1983 200ZS weighs under 2700lbs according to nissan and various sources around the interbutts.

They get heavier as engine displacement and year increases.

K, I live in freedom land where we didn't get irrelevant poverty spec models no one wants.

I never said they were nimble either :^) Heavy RWD isn't exactly what you'd want to AutoX in of course but I'm AOK with Heavy RWD's graceful handling

Ahhh ok. That makes more sense. I love the Z31 squat.

Best of both

>Heavy FWD

Truly the worst.

>he thinks his puny Datsun is heavy
My Supra is probably around 400lbs away from being two goddamn tons lmao

I'm in the same boat with the Targa with an auto, all options, and full leather interior. Its got heavy ass aftermarket wheels on it too. I've given up on being truly fast at this point.

I've owned and driven both. Lightweight cars are always better, no matter driveline.

What about corners?

What if the question is
"What car is not a Miata?"

FIATA is then the answer.

I did kinda buy it off some crackheads and I'm 98% sure the cash went straight to more crack.

That's because all the scenes were real user.

What if I need to transport two passengers?

Depends on what you want to do
If you want to do hektik skidz then buy a big rwd
If you want to actually drive fast and/or economy the buy light fwd
its apples and oranges, nice image though

why do """enthusiasts""" think this is how it works? you could have an amazing power to weight ratio but still have to drive around in a heavy ass 3400lb car. Handling is more important that power/

Heavy front
Light rear RWD

very lightweight RWD

>life or death

Second miata

I'll take the medium weighted AWD.

miata driven backwards

>Me bruddah

youtube.com/watch?v=a_mWyahWoUA