/vn/ - Not Lewd Edition

Visual Novel General #1593

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/ (embed) (embed)

Previous thread:
(Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/900148310929022976
kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1966224
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kei best girl

Wrong on every level

^_^

Are you dumb that you can't even link the previous thread right, OP?

twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/900148310929022976

actual previous thread because op is retard

Why they put a meme (kind of) in my moege?

this has happened twice now, something's up. they're slowly undermining the thread

>(embed) (embed) (embed)
>(Cross-thread) (Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)

my and my cats

our threads are becoming a discontinuous existence

God fucking damn it someone translate Muramasa soon please. I'll actually pay money for it.

I would pay 20 grand no joke, but the problem is I would have no way to QC it. If I asked for outside help it would be illegal since jast actually owns it...

If Dies Irae 18+ patch isn't released today I'm ending it

I should keep improving my translation skills so I can make money off you sorry fucks a couple years from now.

Please do! That's the reason we have money, so that we don't all have to be experts in every field and can rely on each other.

>That completely fucked up OP
It could be worse I suppose.

what's this about "cartel" I keep hearing with ambiguity, creepy as fuck.

The people who control the translation industry and determine what gets translated and what we are allowed to like

There's a reason you hear it ambiguously, user. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

>asking about cartels
woah buddy don't stick your head out

Nigger do you want to get us all killed?

The Illuminati of the VN scene. Go against them and you may just up and disappear without a trace like Ixrec and Takajun.

Alright everyone, open your wallets and no one will be harmed.
We don't want to lose any of our... dear customers, do we?

P-Please just release SukiSuki. I have nothing of value.

I LIKE LOLIS!

this guy likes lolis. please, ju-just take him and leave the rest of us be, we've suffered enough and we're sorry

Who is the best Subachibi?

what a neck though

>Tfw haven't played for a few days because there's a sex scene for every girl right now which means there's fucking 5 sex scenes I HAVE to read in order to progress
>I load up the game because I want to read a VN but of course there's only sex scenes I can read at the moment
>Don't want to skip them because that would be wasting an h scene I will most likely want to fap to
>Don't want to fap at the moment because I just wanted to read the VN
>When I do want to fap however, I just load up a nukige instead
This is fucking hell, /vn/. What do I do?

Edge boy

>implying koihime musou isn't a nukige
wtf

MLA IS OUTTTTTTT

>on steam

kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1966224
>Hi everyone, It's finally here, the visual novel everyone has been waiting for! Muv-Luv Alternative page will be up soon on Steam, and released in September, 2017!

>However... for every amazing backers who have been wondering “Alternative When?”, we're glad to announce that you can now play the game by grabbing your Steam codes from BackerKit!

MLA's out

That's cool I guess

I love childhood friends
especially Sumika!

Way ahead of them

Oh wow now I can read it again!!!! i'm so glad this was kickstarted!!!!!

It disgusts me on a profound level that people will unironically replay this shit game

Well it has a much better translation and koestl even worked on the editing.

>....implying that...anything was wrong...with the original translation

>Underwater Ray Romano's anime aired 11 fucking years ago

Holy shit, I feel so old.

Aw shit, it's fucking time to re-read it.

>tfw listening to the OP

It's a BETA version though

I'd rather have a official release date

Best girl

It's better than kusoge released recently like Dies Irae or Grisaia.

Why wouldn't I? It's still my favorite VN.

Dies Irae is kamige

I don't know why anyone would care enough to read the game again just because the translation is "better" when it was already readable. Let alone fucking buy it a second time (or first time after they've already read it). It's fucking moneygrubbing at it's finest. Retranslate something that actually needs a retranslating rather than retranslating something EVERYONE has already fucking read 5 years ago. Better yet just translate something new.

People like different things than me and want to support the original creators? Freak the fuck out!
Anything deserves a better translation than what Takajun put out

I think what gets me is people paying to read it again. It's one thing to read it again, but you're going from having already read it once for free to reading it again with slightly better TL and nothing else changed and also paying for it. Makes no sense.

Are the acheivements not opening properly for anyone else?

Buddy, I'd fucking pay for a FSN retranslation if only to trigger you.

Same.

I paid for it because I enjoyed it before and didn't mind paying for it. Why would I spent money on something that I don't know whether or not it's going to be good when I can spend money on something I already know is good because I've read it?

Yeah they probably won't be available until the steam page goes up. The update post says in a few hours.

F/SN does deserve a retranslation too. If it got a Kickstarter it'd hit $1 million easily.
I wouldn't mind re-reading it even though I'm supposed to pretend like it and MLA are garbage to fit in here

What are some games in which the little girl grows up as you play?

I'd re-read fate route if that happened

Hoshi Ori and Ginharu. Unironically.

Kinda

1 mil? Try 2 mil minimum, steam normalfags fucking love fate and they're too stupid to install the translation patch.

I'd back a tsukihime remake kickstarter.

Himanatsu

You're fucking stupid. Nowhere did I say anything about whether or not I liked it.
It's also not about supporting the creators, it's about being gullible enough to buy the same shit twice when the difference will be marginal at best. You're going to get the same experience with some "Oh, so that's what he meant there" mixed in a few times. Your experience won't be changed but you'll have spent money on it regardless.
I guess it comes down to the fact that people just enjoy throwing money away, something I will never understand.
What is that supposed to prove? That you're petty as fuck and are willing to throw money away because you think someone on the internet is mad?

Is there going to be a second PE fandisc in which you rape the headmistress

Buying the same shit twice? Who actually went out and imported ML and MLA from Japan at their crazy eroge costs? For 99% of us it's the first chance to buy it at all without spending $100 - $200 and just getting someone used copy.

Well it's a terribly paced average plot with no real character development or meaning.

>gullible enough to buy the same shit twice when the difference will be marginal at best
>implying people bought a copy of the game to read the fan translation
Most western fans bought it for the first time when the kickstarter launched.

You seem to think your opinion will make me stop liking it. It won't.

Okay now go back and actually read the first post where I already mentioned that possibility. Even if you didn't buy it the first time, the point still remains.

>reeeee people are spending their money on things I don't deem worth reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You know neither of you are going to change the others' minds. Just drop it.

You asked for why, I just told you

I like some garbage shit too, but I'm self aware enough to know it's bad

Thanks, how come there isn't a tag for this on vndb?

So now you're arguing that people shouldn't spend money (for the first time) to support the thing they like? Not everyone are freeloaders you know

Is that one married user here?

>Spending 1000 dollars on overwatch crates is justified because it's fun!!!

If that's what you can enjoy doing and you have the economic means to support it, why not?

The most offensive part of this is that her ears got longer.

>want to support the original creators
>kickstarter
You have to go back, plebbit-kun.

You have to be at least 18 years old to post here. Please leave.

It's justified because it's their fucking money, literally who gives a shit.

Spending 60 dollars to buy Overwatch is justified because it's fun!!!
Spending 60 dollars to buy MV + MLA is justified because it's fun!!!

best girl

There's 5 years in between when you torrented the game and when you bought it. You're still a freeloader regardless of the fact and god won't forgive you for sinning but if it lets you sleep at night then by all means, keep thinking that.

>still no Higurashi

Of course it's fucking justified you fucking retard. How stupid do you have to be to think that a person is not justified in spending their money how they want to? Whether they truly enjoy doing that or not is up to them, but they can do whatever they want to. Nobody needs to justify anything to you. If you don't want to spend $1000 on crates, don't. If that's not fun to you, that's fine. Stop pretending like your opinion is objective fact. Go spend $1000 on alcohol, or whatever it is you find fun, and then come here and blogpost about it so we can shit on you.

Age progression maybe? It's certainly a tag on the panda

Alright, I'll go post 1000 dollars on buying a hitman to kill you while you're fapping to your favorite VN. It's justified because I'll have a lot of fun watching it happen.

fool and his money desu

People are too stupid to make their own decisions user. That's why we have regulations. Why do we tax cigarettes? Why do we have restrictions on gambling?

People are just moist robots that are easily exploited.

Not saying that this is relevant to this discussion, but there are legitimate reasons to stop people from doing whatever they want.

>this is the best comeback he can come up with
Ok user it's time to stop

Someone has to buy it. If everyone pirated it then the work wouldn't exist in the first place. Just be glad there's people subsidizing freeloaders

I hope you guys are all pretending to be retarded.

I'm under so many layers of irony right now I can't even tell.

>Someone has to buy it
What a garbage excuse for a lack of judgement.