/ggg/- Guilty Gear Genera

No A.B.A no A.B.UY Edition

Last thread Beginner's guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, announce region, platform, and how long you plan on playing for.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

May is cute! CUTE!

Boobeh

This is what I'm thinking as well. Only got my stick a couple of days ago, but I don't think eightarc offers refunds for opened packages.

I kidna wanna switch to a Hitbox since that's closer to a keyboard, but eh.

May for sister cummies or Baiken for mummy cummies?

inb4 both

Both

PS4 MidWest
ID=svwf
2 Hours is how long I'll be hosting for, maybe more if there's a good amount of people joining.

US west coast PC lobby is still up

ID: 4drv

>mfw i will never fuck I-No
>mfw no face

twitch dot tv/mdrecho
Stream for this lobby for those interested.

Maybe if you masturbate hard enough your lust power will rip through the fabric of space and time, creating a portal from where either I-No pops out, or you get sucked in and reappear in GG's world.

If any of those things happens your chances of fucking I-No will have increased dramatically.

gimme some good faust combos

What character should a beginner use regularly to get good habits?

Sol

Actually no don't play Sol, Raven is better to learn good habits.

Whichever one you like. If you have to pick a character that's high risk and could potentially teach you bad habits like Leo, just pick another secondary one to balance out the unga.

>need to update to 1.1
>download keeps dying
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post mains and why you chose them

Jam. Whatever you call the universal archetype of Ryuujin. I love me some Hwa Jai.

I don't have a main. Thinking of playing Faust.

Tell me a game where you can play a robo-bed that can use a dreamcatcher to cast remnants of your previous attacks as projectiles. I'll wait

Faust
Because he's wacky kooky cuhrazy

2K 5HS 236S>HS

das it mane

What do these terms mean familia

>I can finally post in /ggg/ again
To the Annons who have been complaining about switching from pad to fight stick, I've done that somewhat recently too and could not get used to it at all. I was doing it while playing Blazblue, and I could probably still play Blazblue abit more comfortably with a pad compared to stick. When I picked up GG, I decided I'd dedicate myself to the stick no matter what. So far it's going pretty well, I think the only thing I have trouble with is doing some inputs from the right side of the screen, but even then that has gone better than when I used to use a pad. Inputs like 23695 and jumping 7, 9 has been easier for me too. I hold my stick with my pinkey and ring finger slid between the stick, and use my fingers for moving my stick right and thumb/fingertips for moving my stick left.

Fight sticks are for people that are already used to playing at arcades, and people that are used to pads should probably just stick to pads. But if you keep going at it annons, you'll eventually get conferrable enough to play just as well and it'll feel satisfying. So, keep at it!

Teleports and the ability to replay previous moves offer endless shenanigans. That and his song

>cut thumb on a metal lid
>hurts to IAD
>bad player in general
I am ready for a very bad time.

Nice spoilers faggot

Is answer-user dead?

Johnny. Interesting midrange with a strong as fuck offense, hes also this smug mash of cowboy/samurai/gambler/pirate tropes and i love it

I'm here, was just eating some food real quick

Slut

I like how all the GG characters look but I think Dizzy is best girl
I also look like Ky irl
Got a figurine of her because of how much I liked how she looked, I always liked ying yang themed characters. Wanted to dedicate myself to gitgud with her, and will refuse to main anyone else no matter the tiers. Despite thinking that she might be hard to learn and play, she's surprisingly actually pretty fun and manageable for me.
I'm pretty bad at this game so far but I hope I can have internet again soon so I can get bodied and sharpen my skills online with you guys, keeping up with these threads are encouraging me to keep practicing.

Pls no bully I accidentally forgot to end the spoiler tag

Should I give Baiken, Answer or Bedman a try for choosing as my main?

Leo because I just wanted to hit stuff good. Seriously though, I started with Sol, tried Ky, Slayer, Elphelt, and a few others and none of them really felt "right," then I got to Leo and it was like everything clicked into place. inb4 ungabunga

Boobeh is pretty hard.

Try all three. Answer might come with the added benefit of hardly anybody knowing the matchup, he's a pretty uncommon character.

Same lobby? I can't find it, unless you are just gonna post another one when you are done.

>can't find this one either
Just FUCK my shit up family

Yeah, all 3 are hard from what I understand, but literally none of the other cast has clicked with me, so im hoping one of these 3 will
Yeah but at the same time it means a lack of resources to gain good knowledge regarding how to play him

You're typing in the ID in the ID section right. Makin sure just in case.

I want to make love to Dizzy!

Yes I am. But I just realized something. I'm on rev, are you guys on rev 2?
I'm retarded so I don't know

rev2

I hate myself now

>later user is found dead slice into pieces
You can upgrade to Rev 2 with just $20

>Finally get OD reversal
>Get countered

Day 720: Have yet to land baoshinshou

Slayer, for easy execution and dandy steps. Little did I know about aircombo fuckery and BDC bite\DoT

I'm bad at fighting games

Taking a break for a few minutes to walk my dog, I'll play some more when I get back

If you see Answer sticking to a scroll as you're waking up, you usually shouldn't us a super. Even if Answer's in the middle of dashing at you from a scroll he can press P at any time after the super flash (unless it comes out immediately after the super flash like Jam's or something) and counter it.

Usually, if you see Answer hanging on a scroll as you're waking up, it's best to consider using a blitz shield instead. Even in neutral, it can be difficult to anti-air him while he's dashing from a scroll but blitz shield makes it much easier to counter

Gonna close the PS4 lobby in a few. It's getting late.

Yo can you give some tips for Answer/a guide? I'm and he looks pretty interesting, on top of no one knowing how to face him

You watching the stream?

What stream?

Oh, then yeah I am. He looks a lot more fun than i thought, i like how he seems very neutral based and not too combo heavy

Yeah sure. What are some things that you'd like to know?

Post ending in 0 picks my Blaz Main

Noel

Arakune

I honestly dont know much about him, i've only done the combo dojo but that was about it. If its not too difficult, just a general overview and a BnB or two would be pretty helpful. Also what usually goes through your head when you play him. This is probably a lot to ask but reading stuff like this is super helpful

Bullet

jin

Jubei

Tager

Gotta say, the waves at the end were super cute, you all played well, good job

GGs to everyone that came to the PS4 room. Good night.

Susanoo

I don't know anything about that series. Susan.

Forgot to mention there should be a vod of the session on the channel in case anyone wanted to watch it.

>get to technically be a waifufag while still having that hard-hitting big guy gameplay
>repeatedly shiinkening people into upper corner of the screen feels nice
>nobody respects the 6HS
>fireball shenanigans
>stealing a round off of people sitting in guard when they see the clap super for the first time

Bullet.

Kum seems fun but the reverse sword kick input makes me want to die

>repeatedly shiinkening people into upper corner of the screen feels nice
this is part of why i play johnny, those combos feel so fucking good

Is it a mistake to try maining Axl Low?

Okay yeah I can give it a shot

A typical match with Answer usually involves making use of his pretty good normals and movement options to land a knockdown and then apply pressure to the opponent using scrolls and different setups. You'll want to become familiar with his fS (probably his best poke, good reach and can be cancelled into his sweep or his 5HS), his 5HS (another great poke, moves Answer forward and it's special cancellable), and his 2S (very fat normal that is +2 on block, very useful when applying pressure and cancels into 5HS). Those are all of his best tools between mid/close range.

A basic combo with him would be something like 2K cS fS 5HS 46P (Resshou, that palm strike thing). In general, you'll be ending a lot of combos in 46P if you're too far to knock them down with his sweep. Ideally, even though knocking them down typically sacrifices a small amount of damage in your combo, the setup or pressure you get afterwards is usually worth it. So instead, if you're in range, you would probably do something like 2K cS fS 2D and then cancel the sweep into a K scroll or something.

Once you're comfortable doing that, try doing his tougher bnbs that are more situational. 2K cS 6K 214P jK jHS cling > D > cling > D HS is his usual combo involving scrolls. You might have a tough time landing this one for a while, especially because the different character weights can affect your timing. Most people have trouble connecting the jK jHS after he setups up 214P. But keep trying and eventually you'll feel comfortable doing it.

Keep in mind, 6K is the normal that you use to combo into his scrolls, but 6K will only hit if they're standing. The above combo I mentioned won't work on a crouching opponent. You can force them to stand using 2HS, in which case the combo would be 2K cS (probably only 1 or 2 hits) 2HS 6K 214P etc. It's a small thing but it's important to remember.

Ok I havent even read the post yet but I can already see its worth saving. Thank you so much, I can't wait to try him out tomorrow

Oh also, in the stream I saw you rarely using the card projectile/the slide from the scroll/neutral parry, are those not worth generally doing in favor of other things?

Not but
I few things that helped me was you didn't need to go to 4 to shiinken you can go to 1 and it'll work just fine. As well as you need to remember to do 623K then 1 and not 6231K which is what I did a lot when I first started. It's fairly lenient now I've noticed you have a lot of time between the 623K to 1.

Also I switched to hitbox earlier this month which is a lot easier for me

GGs guys, had some great matches.
Goodnight bedboy

Kum because i played Anji in #R for unblockables and projectile pressure, kick loops are a plus
i don't even care about the girl i like to pretend the old man is the character

>Use Resshou at the end of blockstrings
>Shit is -1
>Everyone pulls just block and fuck my shit up
Am i missing something?

Platinum

>i don't even care about the girl i like to pretend the old man is the character
She feels phoned in as fuck honestly. Like they were almost done with the char and then said "shit, this char isnt whacky enough"
I dont think she was even hinted at in the """anime""""""
The ""robot"""" even eats rice

Well I can do kick normally, I just can never get a red kick on the second kick in a loop, so my loops are never longer than 2 kicks. Also I dont get his oki, i understand youre supposed to fireball over so it pushes them towards you, but if you 6K, wouldnt that push the ball away?

You're absolutely right, where's lorefag can he explain this shit?

Regarding 6K you just input 6 for a split second the moment you want the normal so the ball doesn't get enough momentum to fly away, can be counterintuitive since one is most used to hold the 6 input for those kind of normals

Regarding kick loops, i tend to buffer the motion for the next kick the moment they wall splat, medium characters i try to go for 3 reds and 1 blue into air combo or overdrive, on heavy big characters 2 reds and 2 blues into followup, lights tend to go over your kicks after 2 or change kick directions so i more often than not go early for the combo unless its a counter

I should explain what his options are while he's clinging to scrolls

P > a counter, the same as his 22P (which is useful as stated in )
K > a vertical downward kick which knocks down on hit and is anywhere from +5 to +1 on block depending on where the scroll is
S > Answer disappears and then reappears below the scroll to do a low-hitting sweep. Pretty slow startup and easy to react to. I don't use it much, but can be worth using if you have 50 meter to make it safe
HS > overhead slash which is your usual combo ender when comboing from scrolls. It's also either +1 or -1 on block depending on where the scroll is, so you'll usually be ending strings in this no matter what
D (or D + any direction) > Answer dashes either to the next closest scroll or whichever direction you choose. This is useful for answer in multiple ways. You can use it to navigate the screen, you can use it to continue combos, and you can use it to apply pressure. It has a ton of hitstun, a ton of blockstun, and you can cancel it into another scroll option at any point.
22 > the scroll disappears and Answer falls normally

Once you knock someone down you can do something simple and use 214K to set up scrolls next to them, hop to a scroll, and then use D to dash into them as they're getting up. So you might do something like: 2P 2P 2K fS 2D 214K, jump to scroll next to you, and then as they're getting up use D to dash to the other scroll (which will be right on top of them if they're in the corner/behind them if they're midscreen). Once you reach the other scroll, Answer will stick to it and you can use D to dash into them again. This is simple but effective, because although the dash hits mid it's still very plus on block and the opponent has to eat whatever you're going to do next unless they have a reversal DP or something. I suggest looking up players like FaultyDefense and to see some trickier scroll oki. Mine is just something to get you started.

Alright thanks a ton for the help, if you can think of anything else that could be useful to know, i'd love to hear it, like something you wish you knew/were doing when you first started with what you know now

>like Sol, but can't do dustloops for shit
>liked Ky at first, but I found him boring compared to the rest of the cast
>Millia, Chipp and Baiken all die too quickly
>Bedman's 8 way airdash is weird on keyboard
>absolute shit at setplay characters like Venom and Ram
>like Jam, but I can't TK for shit
>like Pot, but I don't like getting fucked by everything and can't IB consistently.
>like Kum and Slayer, but can't do links very well in GG, compared to gatlings
>not a big fan of Dizzy, Johnny, Sin, or Jack-O
>too shit at puppet characters to play Zato or Zappa
>like Axl, but I'm trash at charge characters. I don't really care about May
>Kliff's ok, but he's boring. Justice as a zoner is pretty boring
>A.B.A's fun, but I'm not good at high risk/reward characters
>I'm shit with trap based characters, so I'm not interested in testament
>not a big Bridget fan
I'm the most picky human being when it comes to fighting game characters. Who should I play in GG?

Shit I didn't notice this until just now sorry

GGs to everybody in the room tonight, I enjoyed playing with you all. I was glad you could still play with a good connection even though you were streaming

No you're totally right. In general you should be hitconfirming and using his 236S/HS in a blockstring like that, or just jump cancel and dash away to get back to playing neutral. Against a good player, abusing resshou will often get you punished.

His card projectile is very good actually, and it's really useful if you have meter and can YRC it. I wasn't thinking about it as much tonight but in general you should use it to keep blockstrings safe and also create pressure using card YRC.

The K slide from the scroll is really unsafe on block and has pretty slow startup. I use it from time to time but typically only when I have meter to make it safe or convert off of it. Otherwise it's more better to use his other options from a scroll

The neutral parry as in his counter? 22P? I use it sometimes but I've found myself becoming over-reliant on it, and any good player is usually able to use some really basic OS on your wakeup to make the counter whiff and then they get a free counter hit for big damage. It's worth considering for use as an anti-air, though - Answer's 6P is very good as an anti air but it can be hard to utilize because you'll find yourself getting 46P if you try doing it after blocking. So in situations like those you can use 22P to anti-air them instead

When I first started playing Answer I wish I had really practiced his IAD combos. Instead I decided to see how far I could get without them, and now I realize how useful they are and even though they're really fucking hard I wish I'd just grinded them out from the beginning so that I wouldn't be struggling as much with them now.

Also sorry for clogging this thread up with so much Answer shit, I'm done now

out of all of those, you should probably play Sol or Jam

they have the easiest difficulties to overcome, according to your post. dustloops aren't that tough with about a day or two of practice, same with TK shit

You're not giving yourself enough time with your character, execution barriers should not deter you. I main Baiken and I can't TK for shit either, but I still try and i'm definitely getting there.

Im not him, but i think this is a huge problem for me. Like, i'll try their stuff in training mode for an hour or two and if i cant full grasp it or get somewhat close to doing their bnb or something, i just give up and assume the character isnt for me

I think that that's a mistake that a lot of newer players make, so I don't think you're alone

I can name plenty of things in Guilty Gear that don't come naturally and require tons of practice. Part of that helps give the game depth. I've been playing Xrd since Sign came out, and I still have plenty of things to learn/practice with my character.

It's okay to struggle for a little while. For the first hour or two you may not see much progress. Shit, you might not see progress after you practice for an entire day, depending on what it is. But eventually you'll be able to do it. Then you'll mess it up a few more times. Then you'll do it again. And eventually you'll be able to do it on command. If you have a specific problem with something that you can't figure out, people in this thread are usually willing to help. And if it helps, you can always use one character that you find easier in matches until you get confident with the harder character.

Do you think theres ever a point where theres definitely something wrong? Like say i pick up zato, and attempt his bnb for like a week or two, at what point should you move to a different character if one just isnt working?

another user but i think you are going about trying to learn a character the opposite way. you should be trying to find a character whose playstyle or design in general reaches out to you and then you learn their execution instead of going right into their execution.

the combo mode is pretty good with this because it will generally show you 90% of the characters moveset in the first two sets of trials, which after you should have a decent idea on what the character can do and be able to decide if you want to give them a more indepth look by going to the third set of trials/watching the character actually being played, or to be able to decide that now that you know what the character does you arent interested in them.

Everyone goes through the learning processes differently, and getting execution down can be different for some as well. My point is if you like your character enough nothing should stop you from learning them.

Considering Zato is the most difficult character in the game to use well, I'd say you should expect to be practicing for a while before you feel comfortable with him