dotabuff.com/
opendota.com/
datdota.com/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LyricalDota
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why isn't Viper good? I can win matches with him.

1st for dropping out of engineering science

You need more Meks.

>Diana
>best witch

You have great taste.

Explain.

>best witch
>not pugna
my head is doing a shake

nth for facesitting

For some stupid reason Mek was core on viper. I guess because the enemy hitting you and getting ticked with corrosive skin for longer was better than just killing the enemy?

how do i reach 5k if i only have time for about 10 matches a week

Yeah, I don't do Mek on really any of the agi mids, there's not much point to it. I do just fine harassing squishy mids with more carry-oriented items.

>wake up
>no patch

very slowly

I remember when it was commonly picked up on OD too. It sort of made sense on him and viper because you'd have a hero who's sort of frontlining, and farms well enough in lane to get it super early for pushes and early 5 man. Pretty much no point to it now though.

wake up two day earlier you shit

I've been stuck at around 3.4k for a year now. I've been considering playing League instead since it focuses on mechanics a lot more, which is my biggest weak spot in Dota I believe

Win more MMR in those 10 matches a week than you lose and continue for a long time.

I don't think 10 matches a week is enough to even maintain my current skill level.

At what MMR can I stop being scared of my own teammates picking PA?

>queue with a friend
>he's compendium lvl 348
>he was lvl 270 a week ago
>all of his immortals are in inventory
>you can't buy levels anymore
>he doesn't want to answer how he did it
How the fuck did he do it? Anyone got a clue?

no offense but that is a really, really dumb statement.

playing league won't make you better at mechanics. there are a fuckton more mechanics in dota that you will miss out on.

it's like saying you're stuck in chess, so you're going to play checkers so you can get better at moving pieces.

here are some of my tips to get better at any mmr you are at:
1) watch blitz's videos, especially the one where he heavily commentates while he plays storm spirit. if you have not seen this and you are below 4k it will change how you look at the game.

2) if you really want to go up, stick to a role, maybe even a hero. this will accomplish what you want for "practicing mechanics" since you will focus more on how the game works and not how your hero should function.

3) watch your own replays and identify areas that you fuck up hard, prioritize the more important fuck ups.

4) grind

never, i instapick pa at 5k avg and have 70% winrate, come at me

Mek was core on Viper because games were slower and early game group-ups happened less because you just needed a good start staying in your lanes
Fighting meta and cheap quickstart stats items happened and getting Mek on agi cores was a license to lose

It's at its worst in mid 2k. Slowly improves as you go up but never really goes away. Hero pick-rates in pubs are surprisingly pretty consistent at every MMR between 1500 and 5500, which is like 98% of players.

i have 2 games on my pc for a similar reason, scbw and dota, i warm up playing a game or 2 of scbw then get in dota

i gained like 60 levels last week because of TI predicitons, bracket, etc. i stopped abusing like 4 weeks ago and I still got lvl 510 starting on 75

The worst part is that PA is basically a free win as soon as you figure out how vanguard works. Literally one of the two or three hero where vanguard + raindrop feels like invincibility against 99% of all lineups.

why do I love this hero so much

>playing league won't make you better at mechanics. there are a fuckton more mechanics in dota that you will miss out on.

Agree with the rest of your post but Dota plays like molasses compared to LoL with the exception of a couple heroes. If someone is weak at skill-shots, harassing in lane, positioning in teamfights, etc then playing lots of LoL is something I could see helping with that a lot.

woaw i love akasha now

*chop chop*

nth for another mouz memeber to win TI8
It's Theeban's time to shine

>literally does not have kky in the picture
gj mouzcuk

Why do I miss them so much

They never won a fucking thing

I miss /ourogre/

>i think wtf mode increases your mechanics
hey dondo why are you still alive?
what are you living for?
is there anything for you look forward to?

why do you post this woman

it won't really transfer. aspects like laning, teamfights, etc are so simplified in league compared to dota that it's hard to apply one to another.

the only good way to do it is to play more with an emphasis on a certain mechanic. it's all about conscious effort.

desu the naked vanguard is mediocre compare to other choices on pa.

vanguard rush: hard to kill but lacking proper damage output. not able to capitalize on dagger poke. only a good option if they are aggressive with physical early.

IMO vanguard is much better to get when finishing up abyssal. you're squishier early but you have a massive damage spike that almost every hero has trouble dealing with

ideal build would be something like deso -> basher/bkb -> bkb/abyssal -> etc

deso and basher give you a metric fuckton of damage which let you blow up people before they can even do any damage. especially poor supports, dagger takes like a quarter of their hp away lol

Maybe Storm's "weak" right now because people keep doing this rEEtarded build, even against heroes like Anti-Mage.

>tfw no cute vampire hero

>the holiest of cabal artifacts, helm of the dominator, turned into motherly coo trash with nerfs
>then the next holiest artifact of cabalites, mask of madness, also trashed

All that is left is solar crest. Why the religious discrimination for the cabal?

u rly think i care?
idk mmr friend
no carers here

That always bothered me about Torte's guide on PA, nothing that holds targets still is considered core to him, even though you kind of fucking need that.

Cabal practices vile sorcery.

>ixmike starting up another NA inhouse League that is doomed to fail after 2 weeks

Reminder that RTZ destroyed NA dota, probably for good. And Notail has probably destroyed any hope of a good EU team that isn't Liquid and their Liquidpush strats

?

Yeah but those 2 weeks are an amazing shitfest of proper NAdota drama and flaming

>40 posts in an hour

and we were so alive during TI

sigh

this is not a race faggot

No one on my list plays anymore.

I dunno who plays anymore. CIS/SEA/Peru I guess.

Wrong. Mek on Viper, SF, Razor was part of the TI4 meta. Where teams rushed early mek on their cores to group up and fight or take tower.

It was strong, that's why Icefrog nerfed the mana cost.

>first team to lose a tower loses the game

Was TI4 the most unfortunate meta ever?

Reminder that Sand King was TI7's "Razor" aka "Pick me. We have a game to lose"

Reminder that Liquid memepushed 2.0 to win TI7
>b-b-b-b-but 30 minutes!
All of the changes added including shrines, highground armor buffs, regenning melee raxes, etc. were added to slow memepush

And liquid did memepush nearly every game as hard and as early as they could

Complaing all you want but they aren't the same.

TI7 memepush would be reset if you managed to win a teamfight.

TI4 memepush would hit point of no return if either team was ever up by 2 towers, hence the 14-minute GG's. The stage where you might as well call GG in TI4 was disgustingly early. TI7's rubberband saved it from the same fate and kept the games interesting.

>TI7's rubberband saved it from the same fate and kept the games interesting.
It was still memepush 2.0: Evolved and Uncut
And Liquid did it every single game. They even "LET THE BODIES HIT THE RAX" 'd their games.

Funny thing is memepush team in TI4 didn't win

TI4 newbee never memepush

They just teamfight

Yes, Liquid won with a push strat. In a meta where push strat is one of many viable strats and where proper execution can punish it.

Newbee also won with a push strat, but in a meta where even a 4k gold lead basically won you the game unless you literally start feeding down mid.

Stop being such a black-and-white autist. One is clearly way fucking worse.

Newbee didn't memepush. I don't understand how butthurt EG fangays keep trying to force this objectively false revisionism. Newbee straight up dunked on VG with teamfight heroes like AA, Brew, Rubick, Puck, Alc, Doom, and Lion

EG literally could have done the same thing but they had the biggest coordinated string of failures that has been ever seen in the history of dota in game 3 of EG vs. VG. It was like every single player became eternal envy.

Stop being butthurt 3 years later, EG fangays.

what team will be blessed by bulba next?

What is this bullshit

14 minute GGs only happened when you were losing fucking rax at 14 minutes or when you were repeatedly wiped and had gone like 20-6 by 14 minutes. The meta wasn't even based around that, it was just VG doing it and everyone failing to counter them because VG were on fire.

LGD

who is this

Ixmike's league will create new TI winners like sumail and end yuro delusions of ever being good.

penis

>NA thinks making an inhouse league will change anything

whys cm love yogurt so much

did he just screenshot a pub scoreboard

filtered

the best it can do is make them get 2,3,4 and 5 positions at the next TI

when the likes of Swindlez and ixmike can play it in, its fruits won't be very good.

Probably so he can steal the draft for Fnatic.

"CCNC looks like a 15 year old crack dealer" - Ryuu

THE BEAST OF ALL WORLDS

What does pos1 mk build?
bf rush?

>Charge and Empowering Haste have the same icons

Explain this dotards

if you want to lose yeah
go echo, sb, deso

>NA in-house league
>discovered good players will be captained by bulba and swindlezz
the future of NA dota

just opened a sven sword worth $57. what steam games am I buying

buy the immortal and they wont lol

>mk position 1
>+25 mmr
Choose one

Lyrical's @replys to personalities in the scene are cringe inducing
twitter.com/LyricalDota

s-stop

what's the single most retarded thing icefrog has ever done?

probably making land mines beep

adding an extra creep to mid lane

im going bf and winning retards

shrines

yeah but your 2k pubs don't matter

Rubberband

im 3k idiot

whatever he did to attract this turkroach to the game

this make people get better at the game though

what's a good rpg custom game to play solo?

Actually you will learn some things from LoL. I'm 4.7k mmr and Plat 5 in LoL. But i'm afraid some mechanical skills won't translate to DotA because there is not as much skill shots, longer cast time spells in DotA, and turn rate (HUGE part of playing ADC).

DotA mechanics are different because there is micro in this game.

dota

Give Skeleton King an active ability for crit, and then take it away for no reason?

>play for the first time in 8 months
>most of the players are still south american
I thought valve fixed this???

d2g has become a self-improvement thread where you realize you're shit and that's the reason you can't win

we don't appreciate this kind of autism here anymore please leave