Oldish BMW

I'm kinda interested in these 80s bmws, but I know nothing about them. Anyone have experience with them, and can tell me if they're fun/reliable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IlQ0Y9JTKUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're fun if you keep a stopwatch with you

Under rated post.

We've literally had this thread daily for the last 4.
lurk boar

What does this mean

Very reliable, very fun.

$12,000 ENGINE REBUILD SOOOOOOOOON

They're cool if you find a nice one. Avoid m10 and m40 318i. Prices are skyrocketing, so it might be worth looking at similar cars like the e28, e24, e21

>avoid M10
Why would you avoid something that is pretty much unkillable? Being a slow turd aside, there's very little if anything that can go wrong with the M10.

That's the M5 GTR touring master version

Same story with the M20 or M42. But they're respectively faster and more modern

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TOURING CAR CHAMPION

I want furries to leave. That fag nearly stopped me from buying an E30 because he talked about how haaaaard they were to work on. It's basically a lego set. Fucking whiney bitch

Well he was retarded enough to sabotage his falcon build with a shit exhaust, so I wouldn't trust his mechanical opinion on anything

Fun? Yes. Reliable? Not especially. It's kind of a crapshoot depending on how anal the previous owner was in caring for it. If they never did anything more than paying Bubba at the lube shop to dump in conventional oil every few months you're better off not buying it. If you can find one that has a more mechanically-inclined owner, you'll have better luck.

That being said,you're still going to shell out a lot of money in parts and inevitable repairs, not to mention rust will be eating the car out from under you the moment you leave the garage
tt 91 e30 owner

>tfw will never own an e30 cause no garage

Why even live? Worst part is there are plenty good and well-kept ones in my country

>E30

Be prepared for
>rust
>way overpriced listings on craigslist
>RUST

Fun? Yes. Reliable? Not really.
The E30 was fantastic for time attacks and this was later memed by a car commentator on the internet.

They're extremely fun cars and incredibly easy to work on. Anyone saying they're unreliable has either never owned one or didn't take care of theirs. I used to have a 997 (and it was lovely) but I found I enjoyed driving my E30 more

avoid m10
youtu.be/IlQ0Y9JTKUk

I've had an e28 since I could drive. Sold the two I had like 3 years ago, and in a few months I got so anxious I bought another one.

If you take the time to sort it out, it's God's gift to driving. M30 is life

>It looks a bit too ordinary, and dare we say it, almost a bit Japanese
lmao