> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

> Official /agdg/ notepad
etherpad.net/p/agdg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qrBB3_rFPjg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should I waste time on a useless IRC game or should I fuck off back to /g/ and keep writing my dumb lisp code

langdev

What's your goal?
>I want to make a game
Then don't do an irc thing
>I want to practice
then do whatever you want. All practice is good so long as it's challenging you

games?

evaluates to false

fiddled with the input section in unity

New thread, new progress.

I'm rewriting a bunch of code and it's demotivating to lose progress so I wanted to switch gears and work on something more fun for a few days but I don't know if it's a great idea, that's why I'm up at 2am arguing with myself on Veeky Forums

Take a short break, it's fine. We all need to work on something else every once in a while

it looks weird that he's not running more aerodynamically

has anyone seen my game
it was here a bit ago

your game is deAd

did you take his game?

> Official /agdg/ notepad
the fuck

Do i need an "exit vertical wallrun" animation or this looks weirdly organic already?

reposting. i made a bit of a breakthrough just now on the balance system so i can redo a lot of the older movement. i don't know how well it scales but i hope it does what i need it to do.

Her mouth is fine right? I made the artist close her mouth a bit more for dev reasons.

I want to be friends with that robot

Finished modeling & texturing the flying machine. I'm way underestimating how long it takes to make these things. But anyway tomorrow I'll have it all rigged and animated and hopefully get the entire flying mechanic in as well.

WIDER

I like how her glazed eyes say "I've been drawn for one purpose and one purpose only"

It's shit. Open the mouth more and make the tngue hang out, so the working hole is the same size, but the mouth seems open more.

where's the drool you filthy cum slut

Looks nice. I like the patterns on the wood.

Looks good

>I want to make a game
>Then don't do an irc thing
You can make irc games you know? Not saying is a good idea, but is totally possible.

God damnit... I need my blood in my brain so that I can think thoughts! Not in my dick!

>I'm way underestimating how long it takes to make these things
>tomorrow I'll have it rigged and animated and hopefully get the entire flying mechanic in
Honestly, that kind of ambition is a gift. Keep making good progress

If at all possible, try to simulate the delay there is between the brain and muscles reacting. It should just be a very slight delay, with the delay getting longer the further down the limbs you come.
I think that would make it look really realistic!

She will open her mouth more in the game, but I need her to some-what be in the middle ground right now, is it okay for that?

lolwut are you making a super deepthroat sequel?

Do you ever worry about people abusing your game characters and how it makes your characters feel?

Got the exit working

Still need a bunch of minor bugs to iron out. But other than that everything is working fine.

I've never really tried to script a mission with stuff like these so this was an interesting venture.

Damn. That looks good dude. good job!

Any idea on a release date?

I'm probably gonna dream about playing your game. It looks so fucking good. And I don't just mean the graphics, the whole thing is so refined looking

>asking about a release date
>when he's tweaking the main mechanics and has almost entirely placeholders still
C'mon now

is this ROBLOX?

Generally you should post before and after for these sort of things, but yeah it looks fine.

Going to mess with UE4 tomorrow when I wake up. Figured it'd be better for a multiplayer game idea I have in the future rather than Unity. Plus it has my favorite language, C++. But been using C# for so long, C++ stuff almost look alien. Need to brush up on the C++ skills again.

Posts announcing that you are going to do something are counterproductive. You get a false burst of dopamine for plannning without having to do any work.

I even gave you a (You).

>tomorrow when I wake up.
Good productivity tip: Start with music and coffee whilst coding.
> C++ stuff almost look alien.
They're both object oriented languages. So it shouldn't be that hard to switch back and forth

3 (You)s for doing nothing...

why are (You) so salty?

Well I WAS salty because no (You)s, but, now I'm good.

(You)'re welcome

Thanks! Hoping I can get a demo out for the next Demo Day.

This. Only ever announce things which you have already done.

>inb4 ima start doin this now

I know this isn't a priority at all before the game is finished, but just know that somewhere out there is someone who wants to play your game with a flight stick. Can't wait for Demo Day, best of luck

probably 2018 early 2019. once i tighten the fuck out of the controls i'll start all the main game content

i'll probably take some liberties with that if it interfers too much with the controls but i'll try that once i finish the balance system. the new system will also be effected by parts on the character so you can strategically disable opponents.

this robot gets jankier every time you post.

I rate as 240 in ld, breddy good considering the game was pretty shitty and unfinished.
Makes me think if there is any point in entering when a shitty game like that is better than like 800 other entries out of 1k total

I WILL be the very best. I WILL make the greatest game EVER and NOBODY can stop me.

Give me that dopamine.

Well, if your game is legitimately good, rising out of the sea of shit is easy. And you can actually get some coverage and play, at least among small indie sites and fellow indies. It's not the worst place to debut an innovative game.

If was pretty surprised to place so high actually because when i was uploading the game there were some very annoying game play issues i had no time to fix and the whole play mechanics was much less fun than it sounded in my head, boring almost. It's pretty funny, like i got rated 3 stars in audio, but the game only contains two sounds, generic sound for steps and generic sound for power up

I will actually genuinely try the next time and do polish and all, to see if i will be able to easily to place in like top 30 in some categories.

Good job! Well done! Who's a good boy!

Fuck yes! I can now have multiple models! (same texture and same MVP transformations, but it's a start!)

Good work, user!

Should I have the player perspective camera mode have the camera face parallel to the ground (the horizon would be slightly lower than halfway up the screen), or slightly downward like this?

Good news, it already has basic joystick support. As long as it has DirectInput support it should work.

The menu itself is a bit messy right now but it should be better eventually.

The lower camera is definitely more dynamic, not normally a quality you can give .io games.

In comparison to this I mean. I'll have player types that are limited to birds-eye or player perspective views, but I want to figure out what the player perspective view should look like.

I was wondering if you considered expanding the scope of the game? Wouldn't take that much more effort to include anal, doggystyle, gangbang, spit-roast and so on.

It would differentiate it more from SDT.

what am I looking at

A shed and a cube that's using the shed's UV map, on repeat.

Like said. The cube is just using the same texture as the the shed. (pic related)
I'm using vulkan to render the stuff, so it takes a while to get things up and going.

user-SAN, I'M NOT GONNA LOSE TO YOU. IM GONNA MAKE GAME FIRST

>compete with friend to complete a game
>made three decent games in the time he made zero
Welp.

>molyneux laid the groundwork for believable waifu AI

>36 games listed but only 2 are decent enough
(you) better improve your craft and do it fast,otherwise no feedback for (you) on demoday

haven't heard from my game in days
really starting to worry

i'll send you a message how sales are going after i release it

Redid the lighting, not just unlit with shadows anymore, it's now more of a half lambert :)

Nice minecraft clone faggot

feels good to finally dev after vacation

>tfw didnt make a game

If this is done in your own engine, then cool.

If not, I'd have to agree with It looks pretty bad...

I'm hoping it will eventually feel more like a rim world clone eventually, but with 3d and multi :)

shameful dispray. no trip to mc ds to get happy meal for you.

>that jerk when he poops out the parachuters

i know
>cubes
are a meme at this point
but the way my pathing is set up I need positions to be linked and contained within 1x1x1 nodes for it to work, so the cubes just make it a bit easier to manage since I'm just 1 person and my scope is quite large

>but the way my pathing is set up I need positions to be linked and contained within 1x1x1 nodes for it to work
Then adapt it to work with an irregular navmesh, I managed to do it without having done pathfinding before.

>since I'm just 1 person and my scope is quite large
Unless you're just doing it for educational purposes, you should either find a team or start on something else with a smaller scope.

You'll get crushed emotionally and physically if you 1ma too big a game. Seriously. I speak from experience. I'm not saying you should make pac man or tetris or something stupid like that. Just keep the scope small if you actually want to release.

im not using navmesh
rebaking would be too expensive for what im trying to achieve

>notice unity had a high severity security flaw recently
>no patch available for my current version
>have to update and risk breaking my entire project just to unfuck unity's shit

avoid any optimization till your game is done.

it's not optimisation, its design :)
it's how everything is going to simulate moving through the islands, from the villagers, to water to electricity :)

I remember your game when it was a little awkward-looking psuedo-platformer like thing, you've really done great work with it.

Looks fine to me.

Looking good. That camera is nice.

read your post listening to this in my head

youtube.com/watch?v=qrBB3_rFPjg

Is your scripting done in C++?

i'm deleting every project and starting fresh