I'm pretty dissapointed by the GTSR to be honest

I'm pretty dissapointed by the GTSR to be honest
not in the way it drives
but the way it looks
the original VS GTSR was based off the VS V8 supercar (R being for Race) hence the crazy aero bodykit with race wing

meanwhile the VF2 GTSR just looks like a bit more aggressive GTS

I cant be the only one disappointed by this

Other urls found in this thread:

redbook.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Service.Redbook._.RecordType.Car._.CountryCode.AU._.(C.Make.Holden._.(C.Model.Commodore._.(And.Series.VF Series II._.(Or.Badge.SS._.Badge.SS V Redline.)))))&evnt=refinement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AP racing brakes from V8 supercars.
Supashock suspension from V8 supercars.
Short ratio 6 speed manual
LS9

what I believe the GTSR should have looked similar too however obviously modified for day to day use

I just think the gtsR should have been so radical to see on the street compared to the standard GTS like the original

it just wasnt "holy shit" enough

>the original VS GTSR was based off the VS V8 supercar (R being for Race) hence the crazy aero bodykit with race wing
No it wasn't you fucking idiot. It was just based off the 215kW (5.7 Harrop based stroker) GTS with blueprinting (yielding another 15-20kW) and a few ricer influenced exterior modifications.
The modern GTS-R if anything is a much more substantial special edition than the original VS.

like I said, only in it's looks, not drive
and only the 300 W1's got the LS9

I just really think this, with a few small cosmetic changes like in my opinion the side skirts, would have been a perfect "gtsR" and would turn heads either "holy shit that guy has a gtsR" or "holy shit he actually bought a gtsR"

thats the way they should have gone in my opinion, but sadly im not a head at HSV kek

this entire thread is about aesthetics you nugget, learn to read
I never said the original GTSR was based on the mechanics of the race car, only the aesthetics

Here is my problem with the GTS-R and any HSV really..
A brand new VF SS commodore is what 40k dollarydoos?
Now lets forget about the GTS and the GTS-R...
A Clubsport r8 is what 90k?

What do you think you could do to an SS commodore with 50k?
because i get a feeling it is a hell of a lot more than suspension, brakes and a body kit.

modern car fish grill

a base clubsport you dont get much out of
R8's are nice but we are already over 100k which is a joke
from a thread the other day someone basically asked would you buy a modern SV8 for 30k or so and I would very quickly
omega aesthetics with SS performance components

>this entire thread is about aesthetics you nugget, learn to read
Ah, I see. So you're arguing trivial shit that only matters to the laymen. Gotya.
The SS out the door was around $50k unoptioned with the Redline models closer to 60k. The Clubsports with the last of the LS3s came in just over $70k with the final year LSA powered R8 just over $80k and the GTS pegged high 90k. Your pricing is way off.

You can buy a brand new 2017 vf ss commofore for 42,590 drive away.
you are looking at an SS-V with all the boxes ticked.

>you're looking at...
Nope, I'm looking at the SS. redbook.com.au/cars/results?q=(And.Service.Redbook._.RecordType.Car._.CountryCode.AU._.(C.Make.Holden._.(C.Model.Commodore._.(And.Series.VF Series II._.(Or.Badge.SS._.Badge.SS V Redline.)))))&evnt=refinement
The SSV was closer to $53k last time I looked.
Got a source on the $42,590 drive away? Because I'll buy one if that's the case.

A berlina?

Fuck me im trying to find another one but all i can find is top of the line SS-V brand new

The problem with that idea is, $30k was about the base model Omega price. The first SV8 that rolled off the showroom floor was pegged about $39,000 at a time when the SS was about $45,000. Later in its life (VZ era) the SV8 more or less took the SS market in the mid 40s and the SS was closer to $50,000. However with the VE and VF, the SV8 badge was discontinued with the other badges moving down the ranks and price scale (SS took the place of the outgoing SV8 and the SSV took over from the older SS).
So sure, everyone would buy a new SV8 for 30k, but it's a joke if you think that's viable for the manufacturer.

why didn't they put a gtsr w1 around the nuremberg ring?
My guess is it set a shockingly bad lap time.

The real problem is you can buy a VE ss commodore for 10k or so.

Sure thing falcunt.

this, try 20k for one with around 100,000km on the clock.

They drive and look like shit for the cost, you're better off just getting a harrop supercharger in an SS

Hello OP

nah not me, I've driven a GTS and it was brilliant, I'd imagine the GTSR would be much better but firmer
I just dont like the styling and thought they should have had some fun with it taking from the V8SC like the original

it's basically a more powerful but heavier V8SC

I had a framed poster of this on my wall as a kid.

>they should have had some fun with it taking from the V8SC like the original
The only thing externally V8SC about the original GTS-R was the rear spoiler. Otherwise it was literally just a GTS with the silver accents and tri-spoke GTS wheels painted black.
It's as similar to a V8 Supercar as an Audi TT is to a DTM Touring Car.

U can do a twin turbo or scroll supercharger for less and so much more

Not sure if Falcunt responding to himself, or falcunt imposter false flagger

They fucked it

I like the look this tho

>Everyone on Veeky Forums is falcunt
Kek this is my 2nd post in this thread

The original GTSR was a GTS painted taxi yellow with a fuck off big wang.

New one is better in every measurable way

This everyone is falcunt meme is getting old.
is he the new alphonso or something?

Gotta say while i do like the look of the styling, i can't imagine getting excited about seeing one in the street. I saw a 96 GTSR drive past in west aus and it's the kind of once in a lifetime moment you don't forget.

Nah I'm a oldfag I've been here since the inception of Veeky Forums since vtek kicked in meme around 2006
I thought op and others acknowledged this but I do agree visually it's a big step back

tastes have changed, autosalon was probably huge when the last one came out

this is my 2nd post in this thread
Fair enough.
>I like the look this tho
Eh, it's just a magazine conceptual drawing that lacks imagination.
Nah, there's just some retarded false flagging imposter that's been hanging around for a while. Falcunt's retarded, but imposter is usually an exaggerated version of falcunt. You can pick the imposter as they'll make a thread that reeks falcunt, but then samefag reply to himself. Kinda easy to spot when there's only one poster in a thread with two posts.

exactly, falcunt has adsl2 internet he can change his IP address within like 30 seconds and be a brand new poster.
considering there is 60 seconds between posts it is the perfect crime.

>discontinued finished car

irrelevant useless opinion no one gives a shit

My home IP is static and I use my mobile alot
tho it ain't me
Tru

>tho it ain't me
I'm agreeing.

Noice

Exactly
I got excited the first one I saw but ive seen several since and just dont care

I did get a kick when I saw an actual W1 though

So you guys get a kick out of a Supercheap spoiler and black painted wheels?

It should've had the spoiler similar style to the original gts-r.. a nod to its predecessor.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with its styling. Maybe some more aggressive wheels with better offset/race car fitment