What's the most bullshit thing you've ever heard from a non-car person related to auto's, Veeky Forums?

What's the most bullshit thing you've ever heard from a non-car person related to auto's, Veeky Forums?

Chevy is a quality

Kid said his civic could do 155. Also, fuck that other faggot above me.

>CVT makes the gears shift smoother

you... what

>implying chevy is quality

That's why no one swaps them............................

Miatas are fun.

Fwd is bad by default

>Why does it need to be washed? It doesn't matter how it looks.

The exact opposite is bullshit, actually.

No, not really.

Engine displacement is a unit of measurement that tells you how big an engine is. They measure it by seeing how much water it displaces when placed in a tub full of water.

Nissan's CVTs are pretty reliable

This is true though

That when you turn youre not supposed to downshift before the turn.
Apparently according to my one friend youre supposed to hold clutch through the turn and select gear AFTER the turn

>jesus take the wheel

Literally anything related to oversteer or understeer and how stupid people can be with their physics defying rational

>ff Xara aren't fun because it's ff
>you can't like cars that aren't rwd
>some old car is better than the new one

I got a ride home from a late class one night from a girl trying to show off her Wrangler, I noticed it was a manual and didn't think much of it until I saw her make a turn or come to a stop
>Go through the gears speeding up completely normal
>When a corner comes, she just throws it in neutral and coasts through the corner and plops it in first when the road is straight
That's not normal right

>It doesn't matter if it's made in Mexico or Brazil, it's still a reliable German car
>Stock imprezas are faster than ANY heavy American car
>FF makes the car handle better
>Diesel trucks are all slow
>Overdrive makes you go faster
>VTEC is better than turbo
>I6 engines make more torque
>My FRS has the stage 2 tune, it has like 300 HP
>Never downshift just hold the clutch in when you come to a stop and then just put it in first

Guy who has an E32 730, which came with a 3.0 V8, around 200hp iirc, but he claims it's some special rare 330hp v8

>yeah me 730 has a special custom ordered from BMW V8, 330 horsepower, same as the 750 but the 750 has more torque
>i once raced a 750, we were even for the first 10-20 kilometers and then he slowly pulled in front

>for the first 20 kilometers
>drag racing 30 year old 2 ton barges for 20 kilometers
>implying

Fwd is boring by default unless you have a nice snappy handbrake and it is winter outside.

It is literally the average consumers layout and newbie friendly.

As a fairly new manual driver (3 years, VW golf 6) that was all I could do before I learn to downshift properly now it just feels like autism if I don't downshift before the turn and I feel like I have less control

Why do people divide tuning into stages?
Asking for a friend.

Seems to vary depending on the model of car but it usually describes the depth of the modifications stage 1 sometimes just being software stage 2 including bolt ons or more intensive mods and so on

I have a v4 engine

>starts rx7 at car meet

>"dude that v6 sounds awesome!"

LS engines are crate engines only

>referring to slant 6/straight 6/ flat 6 as "v6"

This is only semi-related, but when I was a child I thought all motorcycles were powered by wankel engines

Referring to any of VW's 24v narrow-angle V6s as VR6s or the V5 as a VR5.

I said I had started left-foot breaking, friend says "Isn't that illegal?"

>be me in 3rd grade
>same class with my god-brother
>having conversation about the fastest cars ever made
>he says Ferrari's are the fastest
>"it's so fast that you gotta drive 0 mph"
>i laugh and ask, "if you go 1 mph, what happens?"
>"you crash and die"
>he was serious

still laughable even now

You could technically crash and burn at 1 mph

i hear so much its hard to pick one single thing

I heard a guy say he was going to de-turbo his r34 gtr and fit triple Webers because "the throttle response will be unmatchable"

I nearly sperged out

I unironically like Chevy's 90s trucks

fpbp

their drivetrains are quality
everything else is worse than FIAT

>Porsh

Always use the highest gear possible, don't you ever go above 2.5k rpm, shift before or at 2k rpm
From my driving teacher in a 1.4 diesel polo in the dutch caliphate. They have to spew this shit because of the gubments "new driving style".

This in turn leads to uni buddies shitting themselves once I go over 4k rpm to overtake
>user YOU'LL DAMAGE YOUR CAR

Someone told me Henry Ford was black.

>a 1.4 diesel polo
Fuck you had an expensive driving school. I had a 1.0 diesel polo.
In which I wasn't supposed to go above 2,5k rpm, of course.

>tfw when your bike instructor's first advice was "fuck the new driving style"

Yeah mine told me the same when I started lessons for my bike license.

> How much does it cost to fill up?

Because fuel economy is apparently related to the size of my gas tank.

there is no reason to drive manual
t.americans always

I always joke that I don't care about prices going up because I always fill with 50€

Engines need backpressure

Kek, I’m borrowing this

I can barely fill up my bike with that amount

Holy fuck that is $69.62 in burger bucks. That is more than it takes to fill my v8 f350 from '99

I was about to call bullshit as my buddy's f150 takes ~90 bucks, then I remembered im a canuck

and it takes 80~90€ to fill my opel vectra, so around 100usd. Fuel is pretty expensive here. Diesel is cheapest

My small hatch costs €60-70 to fill up.

Have an opposite kind of story
>hanging out with a coworker after work
>he's telling me how much he 'mires Preludes
>tell him about the 4 wheel turning system on some jay dee em Preludes
>"what no way bro ur lyin"
>show him the proof on the youtube

Tfw no 0 degree V6

The most retarded shit I hear always comes from car magazines and the numale "car enthusiasts" that actually read them.

"American cars are terrible quality" (boomer meme)
"The Miata is just a FUN car to drive (soyboy and Europoor meme)
"LS Swaps are dumb" ("""""""""""car enthusiast"""""""" meme)
"A little nimble under powered car will do circles around Mustangs and Camaros on a track because they cant turn XD" (This literally never happens, usually said by someone who has never been on a track)
"Driving a manual is an art form" (A retard could do it)

Anyone who owns a naturally aspirated 4cyl or 300cc motorcycle and unironically thinks they are cool.

>boohoo muh McDonalds shitbarges

>"The Miata is just a FUN car to drive (soyboy and Europoor meme)
But that's not just a meme. It's true.

Unless you're making 200rwhp, it's gonna be fun in the same way it's fun to ride the teacups

Europoor detected

Its a combination of companies trying to package together more purchases, people trying not to get confused during the process and blow their shit up.
The real retardation starts when someone mentions a "stage" but doesn't say a brand name with it. Then that information is completely useless.

I'm not saying it can't be fun, but its only fun in the same way any shit car is fun. You can thrash it and goof around and not worry too much about it.

The idea it has any redeeming features at all other than being cheap is a meme. With those tiny little treads they don't even handle very well- not like a "gokart" anyways.

I work in tech so it has to be the elon musk dick suckers. Praising electic and self driving cars without knowing anything about cars

My 1st car was a 1995 Thunderbird with a boat anchor V8 putting out >200rwhp and it wasn't as fun as the mazdaspeed NB miat. especially taking into account the weight distribution and how the fucking T-bird would nosedive if you braked even remotely hard.

Can always throw thiccer tires on it.

>The R33 is the best GT-R

I worked with a guy who had Chevy Cruze with the RS package (250 bucks in badges and stitching). He kept trying to tell me he had 240hp in his car
I called bullshit. Guy wont race my car or pop his hood.
Why don't non car guys lie when we know better. Pic happened yesterday in Boston tunnel.

2nd point is true to be fair, but even then it is so under powered that it isn't really considered fun to most people.
And at this point you no longer have a stock Miata which is what most of the magazines and people are talking about. Sure you could get different wheels and throw some thicc tires on it but that is gonna cost you.

Lel, you just had a shit instructor user. Mine forced me to do mini traffic-light dragraces against Achmeds in cheap Golfs. Needles to say I lost most of them, because I couldn't shift for shit.

The Devel Sixteen can go 320 mph

My 97 civic si can do 170 easilly, I've don't it on the highway

Pic related

Bohoo people don't like my shit engine from the 1940's... I know, they must be retards!

I had 1.9JTD fiat grande punto and going over 2k rpm was never necessary unless overtaking.
Now I have 1.6TDI that very nicely goes into 3-4k rpm but even though it is capable of it, I still drive most of the time like a granny and shift before 2k.

>Oh I see your car has start-stop, you will need to replace battery and starter every year
>2.0CDTI? shit will break before it hits 100k miles
>I only fill up half the tank to make car lighter and therefore save fuel
>Lol you spent £300 on tyres? What a waste of money, I could show you where to buy used set for £80.
(the guy obviously has different 10 years old tyres on each alloy with like 3mm tread max)
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with cutting DPF out

It's just new rubber and wheels. Not that drastic of a mod from stock compared to say a new camshaft

A few years ago I had a coworker who thought I was crazy when I told I bought a car with 120K miles, and said "You just drive them into the ground don't you?"

I also recently met a 20 year old girl who legit thought you needed to go to a mechanic to have your windshield washer reservoir refilled.

>A few years ago I had a coworker who thought I was crazy when I told I bought a car with 120K miles, and said "You just drive them into the ground don't you?"
As a person that bought my first car with 130k miles, I fully support him. Sold it few months later and bought 15k miles car.
Old cars, never again.

Horsepower is meaningless without the weight that it's pushing.

Feels good to be able to fill up from empty for 25 Euro and be ready for over 500 km trip in the comfort of a car.

>Horsepower is meaningless without the weight that it's pushing.
I somewhat agree but that car was so fucking heavy and long+wide that it was pretty much only good for going fast in a straight line

Only boys race on the quarter mile.
>real men only care about their 20K times

>it’s got an inline V6 broh

Lol the cheapest and most reliable with the most horsepower and by far the best torque figures compared to basically any naturally aspirated 6 or 4 cyl and even most stock boosted ones.
Also it takes boost no problem and doesn't even need to be modified in 99% of cases.

>Stupid Americans with virtually no emission laws or taxes compared to Eurocuckville building a bigger and more powerful engine for less money, w-what a piece of shit from the 40s

Probably spacers too, and still not cheap unless you are a trust fund baby who can just shell out $1500 at the drop of a hat.

Eh, close enough

>cheapest and most reliable
Obviously you're a chevy fan but I don't think you're giving due credit to the SBF.
anyway, LS engines only belong in GM cars. Fords should have a ford engine, chryslers a chrysler engine, etc.

The difference being you'll fail the driving exam here if you don't do the new driving style BS. They don't even tell people to use a lower gear in the mountains anymore. The first year of this new driving shit there were quite some insurance claims due to rekt engines from trying to go uphill with 1.5k rpm tiny as fug often FI engines

Bruh

because they played need for speed underground

I'll second that, something went very wrong shortly after those were made though

This has always made me laugh, I can't even shift under 3k rpm without my car crying about it, and I regularly shift at redline

New a guy with an m coupe( clownshoe) that constantly referred to his cars engine as a v-6.

I was talking with a guy about how he tuned his v-4. Somebody said don't you mean an i-4. We were talking about a Saab 95

Feels good not being taxed to hell and back.

But I6 engines do make more tourque.

"check out my new rims dude"
"why would you buy rims for your shity old Camry? You always complain you have no money"
"dude theyre lighter they actually save me on fuel"