/tswlg/ The Secret World Legends General

'puter problems Edition

Last episode content: >FAQs:
secretworldlegends.com/faq/
secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/
store.steampowered.com/app/215280/Secret_World_Legends/

>Guides:
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6j2qkc/hopefully_complete_guide_to_all_things_swl_made/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kr224/guide_to_gear_and_upgrading/

>Current In Game Event:
tswdb.com/events/the-whispering-tide/

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes:
secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

>Automatically join Veeky Forums (ded) & Sanctuary (community help) chats:
forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
Create two text files in your SWL/scripts folder (might have to create the scripts folder first)
Rename them to auto_login and auto_teleport , WITHOUT a file extension.
Put the following text into the files:
delay 5000
/chat join vidya
/chat join sanctuary

Ow, should have probably cut the Whispering Tide part.
Damn you, copypaste!

Also, please remember to bring a decent lunch and some fresh water and/or juice while going out for some secret adventuring.
You'll never know what you'll come accross, so better safe than sorry.
Also please consider having a balanced diet, even under dire conditions.

I found myself accidentally rushing through the Transylvania story missions. Does angry centurion man appear in non-story missions?

>Latest Patch (2.03) notes
Nice.

>accidentally rushing through the Transylvania story missions
>accidentally

>Does angry centurion man appear in non-story missions?
No

>No
Damn it. So much for seeing him scream Total War quotes.

The stat bonuses from SP are pretty irrelevant anyhow. You won't even get 1,000 health from maxing out all of the HP entries.

>Posting memes on Veeky Forums instead of grinding out quests to max out all capstones and passives.

Does the capstone bonus ever increase or is it always +15 health and +10AR/HR for 40 fucking AP?

There's much less quests in SWL, isn't there?
I seem to recall there being more stuff to do in areas as I progress through them...

They unlock as you progress the main story

>SP are pretty irrelevant anyhow. You won't even get 1,000 health from maxing out all of the HP entries.
Boy this is some plebbit tier retardation. Like HOOOLY shit! How can you be this dumb.

Pretty sure it's always the same. It's not something you are supposed to invest into until you have literally all abilities unlocked. That and the first capstone on a weapon unlocks an outfit.

The capstones are pretty goddamn retarded as they stand, hopefully if they reintroduce the augment system we'll have better shit to blow our ap on. I've already maxed all the weapons I plan to use, so something better to get than capstones would be nice.

There is more if you didn't have the dlcs, but as the other user say there is a lot of quests that are now part of the main story that you'll get as you make progress. there is also a lot of stuff in tokyo that isn't available yet.

they aren't very good, but its still something to blow ap on when you are reaching the cap.

In the dreaming sequence once you're done with Egypt, do that magic indian lady from SC show up mentioning Beaumont?

Ok, could be messy, but if i recall correctly.
Beaumont is deeply involved during the snowy phases. He was one of the explorers (except he knew what he was looking for), and is the father of the girl you see in the dreams at your side. He basically abandonned them to look for the artefact he sought.
Also, he might have been in an affair with one of the explorer's wife. The girl might be born from that affair, and thus is looking for answers.

where is my secondary TSW transfer Funcom?? you fucking crooks.

Are vanity bag rewards predetermined or random unlocks?

Dunno but they're limioted in that you'll eventually run out of shit to unlock from them and they'll become useless. At least i did, maybe because i already had a few things in my dressroom.

Nicolas Belmont, i.e: "A Friend", and that would be his granddaughter

funcom has to add some simple areas or activities to pointlessly grind/kill time, something like the adventure mode in diablo3 or rifts or whatever, it makes no sense to do dungeons after you run out of keys and redoing the same quests over and over is kinda tiring, just add large zones with a lot of enemies and some simple kill/fetch quests

Oi, backpack here. In a bit less than five hours I'll have to go deliver a set of keys to someone i know. It shouldn't be long, but i cannot affirm that the other person will be here on time, so i may come a bit late.

Fuck you too Fagcom

>He needs a babysitter

Nigger is it so hard to implement a safety mechanism to whitelist items you don't want to sell? Every respectable MMO has this

Only thing you can really do is make multiple "bags" to prevent it from happening in the first place, unfortunately.

Have you had a scenario starting to spawn normal mobs at the rate those "swarm mobs" with tiny hp pools come in? We couldn't kill them at the rate they were zerging us. I think there were 16-20 spookingtons and the survivors more or less insta-died.

Dunno if it had anything to do with the incoming server shutdown...

No dude, he's right, it's far too easy to sell your fodders. Right click places shit in upgrade window but sells it if shop is open, no warnings.

And the 20 item backlog is pants on fire retarded. What, funcom server runs on 8Gb of memory and can't allocate a bit more for a text file holding last 1000 transactions per player? Come the fuck on.

I had a scenario yesterday in BM that spawned maybe 15 Spectres per pack, luckily I was using Full Salvo and Both Barrels or I'd have been boned probably.

There is a common bug when second wave starts spawning at double rate, shit gets really intense. Boss comes out twice sooner too, so overall I like it when it happens, doing 3 scenarios per day is such a drag.
The only time you're totally fucked is when it's Castle and those Fungus fuckers, each and everyone poisoning every survivor in the room.

>common bug
That doesn't sound encouraging.

>make multiple "bags"

>put item in upgrade window and right click again
>it goes back to the default bag

making second bags is useless

>it's another episode of server down for 2 hours to hotfix a couple tiny things.
>patch notes, who needs to post patch notes
Hope those funcom niggers fix the can't take cache until corpse despawns bug at least.

>not having 5 bags for various things
shiggy
>Hope those funcom niggers fix the can't take cache until corpse despawns bug at least.
holy fug, that new addition courtesy of the last patch annoys me to no end

Ah this seems to fit, thanks. I'm little miffed you never see her elsewhere in the game though, makes her seem kinda irrelevant?

>Hope those funcom niggers fix the can't take cache until corpse despawns bug at least.
This.

It was probably intended to make her reappear at some point. Belmont, Cassie and co's story hasn't ended yet.

>Cassie
Yeah, that's another dropped tangent that's eay to forget about? I always wrote her off as just another Lilith alter ego.

Supposedly she might appears in Congo, since we'll dismantle the Morninglight. At elast, she will if she's still involved with them.

Btw, i just realised yesterday that the Varangian who helps us at the end of the Darkness War became the third boss of the Polaris. I'm retarded.

Rip bro.

Didn't the Romans from Sol Glorificus mean to head there? Maybe we'll see some descendants? Mummies?
Then again who's to say they actually ever made it.

the way Morninglight talks about Cassie in their files, it seems like she's not with them anymore... but that doesn't mean she won't show up in relation to them somehow, i suppose.

>AUGUST 23 FIXES
>Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving “The Venetian Agenda” after completing “What Was missed”. Players who are currently missing “The Venetian Agenda” can obtain it by entering Agartha.
>Fixed an issue where the fusion window would incorrectly warn you when attempting to fuse a glyph with another glyph that was already socketed in an item.
>Fixed an issue which could cause certain dungeon bosses to become immune to all interrupts after dying and resetting the encounter.
>Fixed an issue that caused certain dungeon bosses to not trigger abilities at the correct time on higher difficulties.
>Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the client to crash when right-clicking on the chat window.
>Loot boxes are now easier to target.
>The Broken Vow now awards loot and properly counts towards the champion achievement.

Also servers are back online.

noice

When will old one eye wake from his honeyed sleep?
I personally feel like Galahad's mention of Morgane and Excalibur wasn't just a nod to Arthurian legend, but who knows

>run out of shit
Don't even have to do that.
I only got small handfuls of clothing from my two months in TSW but of course this vanity bag I just got decided to drop something from the 5% of items I already have.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET ONLINE, IT'S TIME!

Lair tiem? :3

Backpack here, I'm up in 10min.

That too after bag run

...bag run?

The fucking client just keep crashing.

Farming missions for bags

sshhhhhh

you saw nothing

waiting on you~

Ah, ye ol' SD grind.

>SD
Get with the times grandpa

what do

i use blood secondary to heal already but im not too sure i want to use it

250,000+ MoFs will come in handy, won't they?

It's shit, Blood has it's own bubbles. Get Wards instead for healing

If there is a bubble present, it heals instead, how is this shit?

>relying on chances for healing
Just no, Wards is the way to go

i was already using wards seems like the way to go especially for secondary

It was one of you, wasn't it?

damn I need more anime shards

didn't mean to quote

Pretty fititng tho.

why is the wait time so long on shambala anyway, something like 20 seconds would be more than enough

This is a thing I thought of, back in TSW

We'll never get to bring home a Third Age relic, won't we? It all just gets bagged by Orochi,
Morninglight, or some ancient fuck.

>morninglight
so when do we get to deal with these freaks? Kirsten said there was some bad shit going on related to them in california or something

>high quality/tier magical weapons

I don't mean use one, I mean bring it home to HQ so it can look pretty on some overpaid fuck's wall.

That would be easy to implement, through the museum.

>using the museum
>ever

I want my own apartment/hideout, not the museum nonsense

If you could acess the bank and AH in your apartment, I'd actually see it being usable. Though it'd also mean you'd never see other players other than scenarios/dungeons.

It's gonna end up like Shadowrun DMS probably

>Darkness war before patch
>Kinda shit group
>Wipe twice on the mage
>Wipe once on Wayeb

>Darkness war after patch
>Group's really good
>get to endboss without any issues or deads
>Interupt his aoe
>We suddenly all die to filth
>Weird, but we retry
>same shit again

So yeah, we did kill him 3rd try, but wayeb is now buggy as all fuck

one of Tanis' missions has you collect artifacts and bring them to a faction courier back in Al-Merayah. and one of Alina's has you collect crates with artifacts and then call a helicopter to take them back to HQ.

We got a fuckload of artefact for the QG, with probably some from the third age.
Like that Tanis mission with all the fucked up artefacts.

is the museum stuff worth it? what does it even do?

Sets up the monsters you kill, for each hall you complete you get a small bonus chance for extra damage against those monsters. Now at first it seems shit but if you get everything it's a decent boost but its costly as fuck to go past classic. you can also "unlock" pets and gadgets by unlocking halls, some are pretty good even

We're talking anime shard investments in the millions though.

Oh yeah, a regular classic hall is 8 x 1000 for regular classic pieces and 5000 for a centerpiece. Now keep in mind you need to go blue and purple and some halls have more than 8 pieces you're spending a ton of shekels on them

>tfw elite dungeon and you're the only one who doesn't even die once

Is there any daily reward for completing an elite though? Any MoFs or so? In TSW you got a bunch of shit for clearing a random elite.

You have daily dungeon keys, that's your reward

"No", then.
I just noticed that clearing elite DW gave me less than a story mode facility/SH/HE, what with DW having a shittier mission reward...

They nerfed elite 1 to give less distil bonus than it used to be, doesn't really get good till 3+

dude weed

stop letting the thread die you double templars