a2bikes.co.uk/

Look at helmets before you buy:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WeqOybm8nzE
youtube.com/watch?v=bHPH5QUxsXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for i toured the world on a 50cc bike, even on the autobahn and it was just fine therefore 50cc is the most ideal bike in the world and if you disagree you are gay. thanks

First for #JustNinjetteThings

7 FIDDI HOURS WHO TF UP?

repost inc
last month i saw a superduke 990 and liked it a lot,sm models are rare around here tho i prefer them,the few that are nearby go beyond my cash limit ,that being said i can grab a 950 sm of 07 ,if its in a good condition should i get it? i dont mind carbs at all and dont want electronics but will it be reliable enough? esp ive heard carbs get problematic with time is it true really? also i think carbs are easy to work on so it shouldnt be much of a problem and too complicated right? basically,why should i not get a 950 ? apart from the slight difference in cc and the throttle response which i know is better in 990s?

Protip if you wanna be first don't use a pic or resize it so it uploads faster

I really want to buy a ninja 250 now just for the bantz.

or upload a lower displacement motorcycle, that ninja is pigfat an unnecessary. 50cc is best

I'd be down to do this all winter instead of having my dirtbikes winterized.

youtube.com/watch?v=WeqOybm8nzE
youtube.com/watch?v=bHPH5QUxsXY

Chinksit CPI SM50 owner reporting in, when in good shape technically it's a great bike for learning and for daily commute / occasional 40-50km trips, but it truly can be grown out in a full season.

Cute color ;)

How can I polish up old dull header pipes?

Want to go for a ride but the sky is dark with rain clouds. Might just get a bottle and drink

Dirty pictures tiem? Dirty pictures tiem.

Do it, pussy.
DO IT FOR ME.

cillit bang

Ahhh shit, that's my breakfast, not my baiku.

Coke and scotch brite
lemon works slightly worse, but won't leave residue

I don't mind the cold. I hate rain though

Did you get passed that 100 yard hardpack walking trail yet?

>ywn ride with Kino, traveling from town to town, experiencing new things and meeting new people together
Why even live?

what a shitty breakfast lmao kys my dude

Come to SEM nibba

Do you have any idea what -20 degree wind chill feels like?

Buy a GS

Attgatt, noqqa

>passed
>yards, not SI

Go grab some coffee, bro. I'll wait.

Even with hand wind deflectors, fairing, T H I C C gloves, and all my gear, the cold burns right through to my skin and frost forms on my visor.

It's 6:40AM my dude, I'm doing my best.

Leave Siberia

>the cold burns right through to my skin
Wind deflectors help immensely, but you need heated grips with them to make it bearable. All the wind proofing in the world won't keep frost off your visor though, and your breath, even with a mask, will fuck up your vision. Just isn't plausible to ride in negatives when your car has a heater and can get you to work nice and toasty.

Anyone ever camp with their motorcycle and just a tarp? I don't want to carry a tent around.

No, but I've camped with a small cheap pup tent which is basically just a tarp, two sticks, and some rope that might as well be string.

CB did
It's viable in the summer, but not long term and rain will fuck you over

I used a bivy sack when I went. way smaller

Been there, done that to get to a /k/ meet in a neighboring state. Took forever to find this photo...

Understandable bro. Hell, I just posted yesterday's breakfast.

You wen't to a /k/ meet on a bike? I'd expect you'd take stupid amounts of ammo and guns with you.

tfw

>when you crack the dollar

>he doesn't even have a personal guard /k/at

Stay mad, plebs :3

I had a 65 liter ruck filled with shit ranging from ammo to homemade hardtack to chest seals (in case someone REALLY fucked up).

But I do

I actually went up on the alpine passes on a 125cc and rode 1h on the highway between 9'000 and 10'000 rpm, multiple times, more than 25'000km on the bike, redlining after every green light since forever, 4 oil, oil and air filters changes in her lifetime and that's it, it still starts and run the 1st time even up on the mountains with snow everywhere at 3:00 am. One more gear could really have been useful tho, thinking about changing rear sprocket...

t. Kawasabi

What do you keep in your gs' little storage space? Mine holds my manual, proof of insurance, and registration. There's even room left over for a single rag and my Sena remote.

>50cc
>autobahn

That was just a regular road, it might have felt like a autobahn because everybody was passing you, but it wasn't an autobahn.

>Do you have any idea what -20 degree wind chill feels like?

Yes. That feels just fine.

Carbs are "easy" to work on, but they sure can be a pain in the ass. They're not a reason to not get an otherwise good bike though. They only become problematic if you don't regularly ride, and you may occasionally have to replace a couple of gaskets or a jet if you manage to break one. Not too bad really. The hardest time I had cleaning my carbs was getting Frozen screws to budge

I know there are a few other anons with the gen3 Sv, what have you done with your bike so far? Limited aftermarket hurts a bit but getting better.

Mine:
>Renthal superlow bars
>Driven grippy grips
>scorpion serket taper exhaust
>yoshi fender eliminator
>eBay turn signals
>puig or whatever spool stands

Not much else I think I really want, as soon as someone makes a good looking, effective windshield I'll pick one up for travel days

Maybe a new seat, maybe clip-ons, definitely want a throw-over saddlebag for traveling.

Anyone else with experience with throw-over bags on a UJM bike? Is there much trouble in getting them to sit right?

>SC1, "New Bike in a Can" can't fix suzuki

I bring a hammock and a tarp.

Forgot to mention, Fwiw, coming up on 9k miles after owning ~ 15 months

Anyone considering a middleweight twin should at least try the engine out, the L-twin is really fun; should be able to pick these up for $5k or less in a year or two.

>L-twin
Ohohohohoh

Laminated backup copy of insurance verification (primary in wallet, naturally). I did try to see if I could get my G19 to fit once, but no dice.

KAWAII :3

What's the proper term for a 90 degree twin?
>inb4 shit

tree fiddy

Reposting from old thread

I just took my bike out and the engine cut out after I had to come to a complete stop, I can't get it running, the battery was dead (I was on my way to get a new one) and it won't start on the kickstart or with a bump start

It started absolutely fine on the kickstarter when I went out this morning

I've got a top-case cat, if that counts

wut bike
more info
was it sitting beforehand?
has it had gremlins in the past?
does it have a feminine penis?

Inquiring minds need to know

>buying and modding a shitzuki
Wew lad. Just burn your money. It would be less of a waste

What an adorable nope rope.

battery or alternator.

A 90° V-twin

Carbed YBR125
It was sitting for about a month, I took it out 2 days ago for around 25 miles and it worked just fine, minor gurgling when I first started it up that time but it dissapeared after 2 minutes and hasn't been a problem since

It ABSOLUTELY does.

V
L
huh

Is it turning over at all?
Have you checked for spark?
If your plugs are firing it may be a fuel delivery issue

>Yamaha releases ANOTHER parallel-4 racebike
Buzzy pieces of shit!

I can hear it starting to turn over but it abruptly cuts out at the end of the kickstarts travel, sparks fine, newly installed NGK plug properly gapped

I just managed to get it to turn over completely, idled at 1k and when I tried to give it some throttle it choked out at 1.5 and died, now it won't start again, and it refuses to start on the choke

Sounds like fueling. Is this a single cylinder?

Clean the carb

Necessity is, after all, the mother of invention.

Do you have fuel?

Yeah
This is going to be difficult isn't it?
Tanks three quarters full

>remove whats necessary to get at it
Maybe seat and tank
>two screws and a cable are attached to it
Easy stuff
>the float bowl has 3 or 4 screws
On the bottom. Be careful. The skrews are soft metal
>remove and clean jets
Google this part. The jets are small. Poke a metal wire down them to clear them out.
>reassemble
Just reverse the order

Its very easy and good to know

BTW, how do you like your Monokey? Judging by the wear, you appear to have had it for some time...

uh no, it was the autobahn, i know because i had 3hrs to stare at the sign that says autobahn as i politely let traffic pass me

>having more than one cylinder in a roadbike

Lmao

L either specifically means Italian or when the lower bank is parallel to the ground and the top is vertical, y'know, like an L

This would be true if a company made a bike that would be freeway capable with one cyl without being annoying

taking a shit atm

Ill be there shortly. Just finishing my coffee

suzuki did do a 800cc thumper that made over 50hp

>Judging by the wear
Crash damage

Altough that case has been a few years old, I only have that bike for 3 years. The key has worn so bad I can get it out at all angles.
I have to use a hammer to get the case off (which I rarely do, as it's a commuter).
But for the rest it's fine. I've been riding 190km/h with 20+kg in it without any problems and it stays watertight.

What sort of real world speed can a Honda Cub reach? There's one in decent shape going for £500 in my area but I don't want something that's not going to be able to do at least 50

I don't really need fast, I just want something cheap that's going to be fun to arse around on

just got done
have a good one user

You can get much nicer cucked bikes in the UK for sub 1000. Be patient.

But suzuki a shit

Maybe, but their thumpers are okay.

I dissagree.

Hmm... Well, thanks for the feedback, bro. Two questions remain, though. Do you attribute the difficulty in removing it to the crash, or what? And at the end of the day, would you buy it again?

Fair, have you owned one? I never had any issues myself and of course by the nature of carb + 1cyl it was incredibly easy to work on.

Had a DR650.
Never stopped having issues. My uncle had one and had all the exact same issues.
Went to Yamaha 660 after that.

Sorry to hear that. To be fair I've owned two same model yamahas before and one had not given me issues for years and the other was non stop issues every single day since buying it.

> what is XT660
> what's the 690/701
> what's wr 125 pro tip it's racetrack proven

Have you ridden those bikes?
All annoying as fuck on the highway.

Except the wr125. Its a flawless bike. Obviously

I wish yamaha would build pic related

>XT660
>Freeway capable
The only thumper good on the highway is the 690/701, I don't know why the big 4 aren't stepping up their thumper game to compete with it.

Btw how do you find the weird low end fuel injection on the xt?

Because the current thumpers are grandfathered in to the old emissions regulations, and they can't change them

I sold that bike like 15 years ago. So i couldnt honestly answer

regarding the XT
obviously you can bounce it off the limiter going 170 or you could drive it at normal highway speeds (130-140) and not habe a problem.
the KTM can go almost 190 so no problems.

they aren't stepping up because the market isn't there. also Emissions make doing a single cylinder hard because either it's fill off emission stuff and heavy therfore, or it won't be street legal.

So? The KTM meets euro 4 and makes ~70 HP while being lighter than the Jap 650s, why can't any of the big 4 do the same?