Fuck normies

>first day of driving
>show up to school in pic related
>user why'd you buy an old man's car?
I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL MYSELF FUCKING NORMIES I LOOKED AN ENTIRE YEAR FOR THIS SHIT
>should have got an E36 or at least a coupé

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/search?q=kia rio track car&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRgOeT0rfZAhWHE7wKHSqhCQ0Q_AUICigB&biw=1395&bih=668#imgrc=WpB1iCAKJiUoNM:
google.com.au/search?q=honda civic track car&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdp4ap0rfZAhWGwLwKHWxFCTgQ_AUICigB&biw=1395&bih=668
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idk does normies even care about such old shitboxes. everything older than 10 years is literally invisible for normies.

If you wanted to impress people a truck is ez mode.

Fellow E30 bro here, not sure what kind of school you go to, but people actually appreciate my car at mine. Hang in there user, good taste can be hard to come by these days.

Why do you get so upset over NPCs?

Why are you looking for validation from braindead people who buy dumb cars?

>giving a shit about normies' opinion

Ignore normies.

Normies aren't cool.

That never happened.

>caring about what normies think

You bought an old ugly car, you should've expected this

>expecting people who don't understand cars to understand cars
I, as a person who understands cars and spend most of my time doing car related things, like your car user

I love 80's toyotas like mx73 cressidas and toyota crowns.

This does very much happen.

Show off your car on fb groups where other people like it, ignore normies.

>buy shitty car
>people don't like
>f-fucking n-normies

You should really not be on this board.

Yeah, I should circlejerk shitty cars with you guys so you can validate me. This thread is /r9k/ levels of cringe.

The sooner you stop caring about opinions the better. Enjoy what you enjoy and be happy.

Its a sweet car btw.

>ITT: poorfags justify their shitty cars

When you are interested in cars long enough or heavily enough you become interested in certain cars that don't appeal to ordinary people.

You start to like cars in a way that other people don't understand.

You would know nothing about that though.

*tips fedora*

Yeah, car enthusiasts only like shitty old cars. Look at how hardcore I am! Fucking normies. You guys look like automotive incels.

I like a variety of cars.

There are rich people who have cheap cars in their collections too.

The owner of crooks and castles clothing has a crx that he parks with his super cars.

I know a real estate agent who loves his civic and considers his fancy luxury car just something to meet clients in.

Normal people won't get it but he does.

Those people are normies. I'm damn sure they don't go sperging out and saying fuck all the normies because someone doesn't like their shitbox to be sure. A lot of people have an old car they love, the Emperor of Japan drives a 1991 Integra ffs.

It's the attitude behind it not just the car itself that makes you look like cringelords.

>whatever fag

Both sides are pretty cringey.

Not really, the people making fun of it for being old are just pointing out facts.

It's pretty cringey when that's all they understand about the car.

It's a car user, it's nothing special.

New cars are objectively better in every way

Unless it's American muscle

Not really.

Cars started getting heavier and more blind spots in the 2000s.

And yet they're faster, more efficient, better equipped...

>muh weight

Modern cars are better in every objective way.

My college teacher drives a vehicle older than yours.

Everyone knows the E30
Not very many people know or apprecate old JDM Toyotas

Not always and you are ignoring other parts of what I said.

For example 90's hondas had superior double wishbone suspension. More modern hondas McPherson struts.

My friends ep3 type r civic has problems with torque steer because of unevenly lengthed cv shafts.

The older civics don't have this problem except with a d series.

Hence why most honda track cars are still built on the old 90's platform.

>American Normies not recognizing E30
What the absolute fuck is wrong with your car culture?

Fellow E30 bro, applaud your good taste. Got to take the top off for the first time in months, felt like life is actually worth living again.

I like it because it's small and actually feels like you're directly driving it instead of just riding; like a mechanical winding analog watch vs. a $5 digital wonder.

Yet older Hondas are worse are worse than modern ones.

It's a garbage car, it's the most overrated shitbox ever made. Why gypsies suck it off all the time can only be accounted to ignorance.

You don't even make sense.

Ever notice that these "enthusiasts" don't really know anything other than identities? "Oh it has this so it's good." You guys are sad excuses. Look at facts instead of trying hard to be an enthusiast with your feelings.

ESL I see, go learn more English then come back.

You litterally can't even come up with a reason for what you are saying.

Now this is a post that doesn't make any sense lmao.

Imagine being stupid as hell so you just say the post doesn't make sense. This is coming from a guy who thinks a 1990 Honda Civic is a better performer than a new Type R.

>This is coming from a guy who thinks a 1990 Honda Civic is a better performer than a new Type R.

Not the latest type r, the ep3.

Put an ep3 engine in a 1990 civic.

The 1990 will have double wish bone suspension, less weight and it won't have the same issues with torque steer because the k swap kits have even length drive shafts.

You can't prove this wrong.

Doesn't matter, you said more modern Hondas. EP3s are decade old shitboxes.

>Muh aftermarket

Irrelevant, anything you can do to the older car can be done to the newer one. Not really fair when you spend more than the value of a newer car just to compete with it.

You can buy a k swap 90's for the same price as an ep3.

You're idiotic argument doesn't change the fact that the 90's one had a superior chassis. to the 2000s ones.

Which basically proves that not everything on a newer car is always improved.

End of discussion.

>talks about taste and E30s
>bought a vert

>it's better because I said it is

Yet the older ones are slower.

>speed is the only metric that matters

Underrated post

Sorry user but you are retarded. You're starting to bring up feels to an objective argument. Older cars are shit.

Yeah, because everyone keeps them stock.

It is good enough for Winter fun.
All that matters.

Different person.

Also 4th gen civic had better quality interiors than the 5th gen.

EG civics often have cracked interior plastic where ed/ef civics often have no cracks on the dash despite being older.

Another downgrade on a later model.

If you really bought that shit then you are fucking retarded

>Stock vs modified

Kek,

Nah, the EF just has all it's water seals fail so every time it rains you get a soaked interior. If you properly maintain your car your dash won't crack anyway.

Listen here fucknugget

I like my convertible, and I have a factory hardtop for it. Let other people enjoy things

You can enjoy eating shit but don't act surprised when people make fun of you for doing it.

Yes, and when you are interested in cars long enough you start to realize that what other people think shouldn't be bothering you at all.
Why do you think Randy Pobst extols the miata despite the stereotypes?

Once you are vested enough in being an enthusiast, you begin to find that the enjoyment you can derive from driving far outweighs anything others might say about you. As long as you're happy and you know how great you car is.

You would know nothing about that though.

Modified vs Modified the 90's civics have the advantage due to less weight, double wish bone suspension and evenly lenthed drive shafts.

Everything on the 2000's civics was a down grade except for the engine and gearbox.

Once again anything you can do to an old Civic can be done to an earlier one. Stock vs Stock a EP3 will kill a EK9 on the track.

Once again you just think because a car has something it's automatically better instead of looking at facts.

>buys a shitty old cheap ass car
>keeps it stock
>even makes it a wagon cause youre such a cuck
>wonders why normies make fun of you

Its because you have that ugly diving board instead of a euro bumper.

>Once again anything you can do to an old Civic can be done to an earlier one
Sure, but why spend the fucking money to do that if the old one already has it

>Once again you just think because a car has something it's automatically better instead of looking at facts.

Does this shit actually make sense to you?

The only thing better on the ep3 is the engine and gearbox.

Everything else on the ek9 is better.

What part of that are you not understanding?

If all we looked at were "facts", the only good car would be a CVT crossover. Car enthusiasm is inherently moronic, we're all clinging to specific bits of the driving experience that ultimately mean nothing. Candid opinions are legitimate.
user is right, lightness is a perfectly valid thing to cling to, low-speed DD cornering feels drastically different in a lightweight stickshift and if that's what gets you going then all the more power to you, buy one of those. You're also correct, a brand new x will certainly be faster than an older x, but you lose the novelty and simplicity of owning an older car.
There is no such thing as a "better" car, or the "right" car, only what is right for you.

Why modify an older car if a newer one is already better?

Yet the EP3 kills the EK9 with no problem on the track. Sorry that you think a car having something makes it better even when it's worse.

You can't really make an ep3 or fn2 have a superior chassis to eg, ek without LOTS of fabrication work.

You can make a , eg, ek have a equal or better engine to a ep3 with off the shelf kits.

It's not better other than the engine.

Why have the worse heavier car with the except with the better engine when you can take that engine and put it into the earlier more nimble version?

Why are most honda track cars eg or ek then?

If it was only the engine then it wouldn't kick it's ass around the track.

That's literally the point I was making user

Okay, that's the most retarded thing you have said yet.

Because they're cheap, people track kia rios, let's not pretend track cars are valid measurements of anything

and I was agreeing with you.

>Yet the EP3 kills the EK9 with no problem on the track. Sorry that you think a car having something makes it better even when it's worse.
To make the better car out of either, you could
>swap EP3 engine into EK9
or
>swap EK9 suspension into EP3
Which is the easier task? Swapping the engine into the older one, by far and by thousands of dollars

You are actively trying not to learn something from someone with more knowledge than you.

You being wrong has no effect on me or my life whatsoever.

Just think about that for a minute.

Suspension doesn't magically make the car better you retard. Fucking posers.

Told ya.
BMWs are fedoras on wheels m8.
Rice it or sell it. Those are your two options.

Yeah there's totally just as many kia rio track cars as honda civic track cars.

google.com.au/search?q=kia rio track car&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRgOeT0rfZAhWHE7wKHSqhCQ0Q_AUICigB&biw=1395&bih=668#imgrc=WpB1iCAKJiUoNM:

google.com.au/search?q=honda civic track car&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdp4ap0rfZAhWGwLwKHWxFCTgQ_AUICigB&biw=1395&bih=668

Oh okay, better not bother changing my shocks and bushes anymore.

I've been an automotive tech for 16 years and I'm a board member of a local track day organization nonprofit. I've had more seat time than you've had computer chair time in your Dad's basement.
This has nothing to do with "right" or "wrong", it's you dismissing the existence of other tastes in automobiles. I'd bet you don't even own a car.

So if more people do a thing, that thing is suddenly legitimate?
Let me tell you about slot car enthusiasts.

People love my E30, I got 2 compliments while looking for a parking spot in my college town last night

Now you're just lying on the internet.

Earlier 90's civics are lighter more nimble and have less torque steer issues than newer ones like ep3s and thats a fact.

>it's you dismissing the existence of other tastes in automobiles

That's what you are doing Mr all old cars are bad and nobody should like them.

It's time to stop lying on the internet.

There's often a reason why things are popular.

That can be any number of reasons but i will leave that for you to think about.

Fuck this board needs IDs, I thought you were the negro arguing his new civic was better

T h i s

You can drain the fluid and push the diving board bumper in to make it look better

Thats a plastic bumper goi

He probably lives in some liberal shithole where the only good cars are nissan leafs and toyota corollas

Everyone in this thread calling E30s shitty needs to GTFO of Veeky Forums

You should go back to your facebook groups

I agree.

Probably should with all the retards saying stupid shit here but Veeky Forums is a cheeky bit of fun.

Wow a racecar, every car with a racing variant confirmed greatest of all time.

>paid the E30 tax when newer cars are better in every objective way
>takes a picture of his shitbox and uploads it
>"whatever I don't care what people think"
Sure.

>bumper
>fluid
what

>strawman argument