/Toyobaru/

The Toyobaru is an American meme?

In use market, for the same price, we can buy a Porsche Cayman S... Why does the amerifats admire it so much?

>In use market, for the same price, we can buy a Porsche Cayman S
In Europe of course

Why do Europeans think about Americans so much, yet can’t even consider that America is much different than Europe? It’s astounding really.

Even if you get a Cayman for the same price, which is a silly premise, it would cost more to own, insure, run, repair etc a Porsche than a Subaru or Toyota.

Also I don't want a Porsche, I'd run it into the ground and feel bad. At least with a little Japanese sports car thats more in line with its destiny, after which it'll be owned by some ricer who spends more on wheels and shift knobs than he does on insurance annually.

It costs me 900 € per year to insure it at Porsche Assurance.

When you say much different do you mean more stupid?

Just astounding.

I am curious about your Porsche Cayman that costs as much as an 86. Additionally, the service networks play a role. I live in a rural area. I still have 3 Toyota dealers within 100km. The nearest Porsche dealer is 500km away.

I have worked on Porsches before. They are beautiful machines but the parts are a PITA to get.

I just ask questions when I see Veeky Forums fulled of Toyobaru threads and when I see that in Europe this model is badly sold.
While we are the ones who got bends...

>THIS is astounding

>While we are the ones who got bends...
TIL America is all just Nebraska. Here I thought we had 2 mountain ranges but I guess not. Scenic routes in Pennsylvania, Oregon, California, Virginia. Nah. We don't have any bends here.

I'm just talking about what I see on the used market of my country ( France ) :

GT86 : 72 cars from 16 900 € to 39 500 € ( buy a Toyota for 39k € ... )
BRZ : 5 cars... from 21 990 € to 32 900 €
Cayman ( < 39k € ) : 164 cars from 18 000 € to 39 000 €

In Europe we have an incredible amount of German car, why buy a car with a undersized front engine, if we want a sports car?

How many turns are there in your Nascar competitions?
>two

>Why does the amerifats admire it so much?
Why are you so fixated on American economy and culture? Do you even have your own culture out there anymore?

Ok I'm not driving on a NASCAR track though

>BRZ MSRP: $25
>cayman msrp: $55k
wow hmmm i wonder

Indeed American cars are really made to chain bends one again and again, which explains why there excel in the 176 bends of the Nürburgring.

>BRZ MSRP: $25
a USED GT86 : 39 500 €
>48 670 $

kek

>y car poplar in america?
>It's cheap.
>bbbut is expensiver in eurabia... me no understands

I know the Toyobaru is for poor amerifag but it's a bit sad to have to buy a undersized front engine car, to have a propulsion, I understand why you have so many BMW ...

Nah Cayman S is not cheaper, it's only that you're not paying the full price right away like with toyobaru.

> buys tires to replace shit stock ones
> buys exhaust headers and a tune to fix the torque dip

>incredible amount of German car

german cars in eastern yurop -> crap from german scrapyards bought from turkish resellers.

Yeah right, someone was selling it because it was so good and flawless.

wtf a GT86 for 39k euros??!!! haha yall are getting scammed by the nips

More like fucked by the gubbermint, MSRP before taxes is still the same

>eastern yurop
I don't know well under developed countries

How about Grand Cherokee for $100k+ after all taxes and shit.

Did you have an aneurism? Try learning English before shitposting with it.

I know Europeans aren't very smart, but do you think Americans just drive around on NASCAR tracks all day?

More than just two my friend. Don't forget smaller ones like the Sierra Nevada, Cascade, etc

I don't think most people are aware of sites like autotrader, you should never underestimate the stupidity of a normalfag. Theres also the tendency of people to want something new instead of something used.
Personally I'm saving up my middle class poverty dollars to get a used Porsche, but I don't hate the BRZ. I get why people like buying a brand new sporty little car. Getting something thats previously owned doesn't bother me a bit, and I really want that Porsche interior.

I M S

Simply put - Europeans are more practical and sporty coupes are no longer a trend. Station wagons and hatchbacks are now popular. Not to mention sticker price - a whole fucking 30k euros for a shit tier 200hp Toyota. That shit should start from 18k euros and up if options included.
I can buy a used Audi S3 8L for around 5-7k euros in good or great condition, have the same amount of power, quattro system, comfy interior, superb build quality, great body panels that wont rust after 2 winters and it WILL hold it value, unlike Toyobaru. Coupes were always a thing for Americans or Japs. Euros were never into coupes, unless richfag or racerboi.

>Audi S3 8L
Lol rebadged mk4 Golf
>for around 5-7k euros in good or great condition
If you're very lucky and find one that hasn't been owned by some chav boyracer
>have the same amount of power
Actually slightly more
>quattro system
Lol early Haldex, drives exactly like FWD because that's what it is 90% of the time
>comfy interior
About on par with a Toyobaru but way older
>superb build quality
Fit and finish is nice, true, but again it's like 20 years old
>great body panels that wont rust after 2 winters
8L A3s are actually notorious for being more rust-prone than other Audis
>WILL hold it value
Only because it's already fucking tanked and stayed low

>Lol rebadged mk4 Golf
??? like i give a fuck? everything is a rebadge nowadays, retard
>If you're very lucky and find one that hasn't been owned by some chav boyracer
theres one for sale for 5k euros where i live, and i live in shithole
>Lol early Haldex, drives exactly like FWD because that's what it is 90% of the time
as if this isnt what AWD all about. do you think someone will go offroading or some shit? quattro is more of cool factor than anything else, and your toyobaru sucks cock
>About on par with a Toyobaru but way older
>ABOUT ON PAR
my god, being THIS retarded, audi made one of the BEST interiors quality wise
>Fit and finish is nice, true, but again it's like 20 years old
i dont get it. then why some old shitbox like E30 is so worshipped? i mean, fuck, youre buying rocket pocket, do you care about years?
>8L A3s are actually notorious for being more rust-prone than other Audis
you said its a golf underneath. golfs dont rust at all
- t. golf owner
>Only because it's already fucking tanked and stayed low
dont understand what you meant, you mean because its already that low? yeah, pretty low, but for "20 year old" car its not cheap either lelmao. its too good to lose value, unlike toyobaru. it has no market in yurop, purely made for american youth

should mention the potential audi s3 have for tuning, lots of aftermarket too (not that toyobaru has none)

>rust prone
>Have mine for 8 years now
>0 rust, i cant even find it.
???

Not a problem for a 987

t. cayman owner

Yeah it is on 987.1s, although the failure rate is less than 1%.
On the other hand, should you want to replace the bearing anyway, that's a full engine teardown.

Yeah that's true. I'm saving to get it fixed right now but I also don't run my car ridiculously hard so, while I know it's important I already have 70k miles on mine so most IMS bearings that fail do so much earlier in the engine's life cycle

Yeah, if it hasn't gone yet it's unlikely that it ever will. Ironically, the cars at the highest risk of IMS bearing failure are the super low-mileage garage queens.

its faster than a 86 at least

>think the Cayman is concerned by the IMS bearing

Ameritard ignorance has no limit

>This
My 12 year Audi interior is still better than brand new Toyobaru plastic

Kek, just because you have some stainless steel trim doesn't make it any less shit

kek, and an aluminum frame

>Why Ameritard are so retarded?

We're talking interior, relax Jaagup you're car is alright.

Audi interiors are one of the bests, i have a Porsche now but i still regret my comfy interior, BMW are too austere, and I'm not talking about the Asian and the Americans who are clearly not in the same league...

>I can pay 20k for a 3 year old car
or
>I can pay 20k for a 12 year equivalent of flea market 911

>I can pay 20k for an overpriced slowbox with an under sized front engine and ridiculous brakes
or
>I can pay 20k for a well balance light car with an incredible flat 6 central, and the best brake on the market

>I can get a car made by a manufacturer with the arguably the best track record for reliability
or
>I can pay gorillion jewRo every 6 months after something breaks because it has million miles and has been molested by Mohammed

>inb4 hurr durr it's reliable
Friendly reminder that buying a second hand car is basically a gamble that you have slimmer chance of winning the older the car gets.

>average reliability

been this way retarded

The 86 is one of the least reliable cars on the road.

pretty much this tbqh senpai
audi interior looks great, feels great, built well and is sturdy. even my old ass golf mk4 has some decent plastics. porsche very nice too. BMW is alright, but layout they made looks like crap and design is very old now, very minor changes, even though it wasnt that great in the first place to keep it the same for that long

>american thinks trim stuff matters
have you ever heared of plastic that can play better than bethoven or any other famous musician of that era? yeah, you can hear that symphony in cheap ass cars like those made in america. even jap cars are more sturdy

confuse the reliability of a brand and a model ...

amerifats don't understand much about math concepts...

Only 987.2 models (2009+) are safe, you misinformed piece of shit

The 987.1 caymans come with the M97 revised engine that STILL has failures and it's an even bigger piece of shit than the M96 since to fix the issue you need to disassemble the fucking engine.

if you're so confident that it won't fail I double fucking dare you to get one, go roll the dice motherfucker.

>Source?

Was. That changed after 2014

Yeah apparently I was remembering old info.
Consumer Reports listed the 86/BRZ as the 2nd most reliable car of 2017.

Amerifart...
You'r so dumb i don't know where to start.

Yes the M97.21 is safe, the IMS bearing is sealed to the intermediate shaft which has larger diameter than before this definitively settles the problem.

>if you're so confident that it won't fail I double fucking dare you to get one, go roll the dice motherfucker.
i got one...

Being this poor and have a need for validation he buys badgewhore car. Please dont breed and kys.

god daym no wonder most yuropoors are driving 1.5L boxes

Let german cars to the poors and go buy your made in china toyobaru stinger

Comparing the chinks to the nips.
Delusion.

>Even if you get a Cayman for the same price, which is a silly premise, it would cost more to own, insure, run, repair etc a Porsche than a Subaru or Toyota.
Thats why they are cheaper, because people bought in, thinking it was a steal, but they realize they cant fork out the wear and tear + insurance

why so butthurt?

Butthurt or not, he is right.
You can get a w140, a car that was the epitome of automotive engineering for less than 3k, and if you don't wrench yourself, the car could have might as well have been golden.

>why so butthurt?
Why so edgy? Im not mad, i just see this quite often out there from people who arent aware of how a car works or expect to have old reliable in this day and age. If you buy a car, you should research about the costs and common issues, specially if its an entry level exotic and costs around 10k

Give me your wear and tear + insurance costs of your toyobaru or whatever shitbox u got

Don't you?

Cant i just use logic? Cars have moving parts, and those tend to break eventually, even if take care of well, just how materials work. Insurance is self explanatory. I dont drive yet, and i probably couldnt afford a 86 in EU, or any subaru worth my time.
>inb4 HURR DURR you dont drive yet so your words hold no value

just because you inb4 it doesn't make it any less true

I changed spark plug and cables like twice and spark plugs three times, I have lost track of the money I have spent on the LPG itself, but let's say
>spark plug shit (which turned out to be fucked up LPG and was money well wasted) ~$100-120 (I bought NGK, then Denso, then back to NGK)
>new LPG was $130
>fittings, tubes, plugs, bolts, brackets $20
>old LPG repairs $25
>new shocks, front brake calipers and an axle bearing another ~$200
>alternator (again unnecessary, as it was a dangling cable) $25
>Exhaust and intake manifold gaskets $20
>oil pan $10
>crank position sensor and IAT Sensor $I have no idea, not that much.
The car had 300k km when I got it, some of the repairs were preventional, like the gaskets and the crank position sensor
Liability insurance cost per year - $80, Yearly inspection - $20, Road tax - $30.

>What do you mean a porsche costs more to repair and insure in America, a completely different place with different costs to buy things, than in Europe?

>buying a used Porsche
Nah mate, no way in hell I'll be buying a high maintenance car used

>I dont drive yet, and i probably couldnt afford a 86 in EU, or any subaru worth my time.
WTF is this bait...

that's why you are so butthurt

insurance?

I'm not even butthurt. You're just retarded m8. I'd rather DD a slow shitbox from the nips than an fast shitbox from the krauts. Especially once you consider insurance and maintenance costs. But i'm sure you'll respond with a sick
>butthurt lmao
or some other shitpost since you've gotten btfo.

I have described all my expenses.

>Amerifats retardness

My Cayman S insurance: 1100 € / year ( you got the insurance price you deserve )

My all costs since 1 and a half years:
A drain: $ 50

Continue to convince you that this kind of car is more expensive than a shit out of factory that leaves us more on the market :)

not 1100 € but 1100$
>900€ > 1100 $

I did the conversion for your little American brain...

>Liability insurance cost per year - $80
tfw you drive a 500$ car

Legendary VW group "peeling" dashboard.

Holy shit Europe, please don’t talk about cost of ownership if you’ve never done it, let alone don’t drive

>his brain is so little that he blames other people for his retarded mistakes

Insurance is dependent on engine size and age. It doesn't matter what your car is worth.
Now, if you want full coverage insurance, you will be paying according to the car's market worth.

Is that why my 4 year old car with a 2L engine cost the same as my almost 20 year old car with a 2.2L engine? It had nothing to do with the old one being worth basically scrap yard parts and the new one selling for almost $20k?

>Insurance is dependent on engine size and age. It doesn't matter what your car is worth.

we got a winner here !

>$12k for a Cayman S
Yeah that's not happening