/domg/ - Dominions General

Maenad Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyVanilla
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3445
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Full_meme
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1471967615889746218/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyChocolate
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is literally nothing wrong with Magic Enhanced

3 slots left, please join.

Despite the stupid name, it uses latest summod.

She isn't dating me. That's a big downside right there.

MA Krewlod, based on HoMM3 Stronghold!

OP pic is by a guy on the discord
he's..

he's made a lot

A LOT

G O A T P U S S Y, what can anyone do against it?

flying guards

What can the flying guards do when the commander runs away?

Join up, only 3 slots left. Disregard the dumb game name.

I like to imagine Iron Blizzard is actually just the priest using a canon to shoot lead shrapnel
>Lead shield gives +MR
>Implies that Lead is anti-magic
>Iron Blizzard deals bonus damage against magical units

will check out

and will make more if you request
same guy as one who made relations pic

Feel like its to Vanilla for you? Join this!
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Full_meme

>Game: SnekEater
>Turn number 40
>Next turn due: 14:35 GMT on Wednesday >August 23rd

>Agartha 2h file received
>Berytos 2h file received
>>>Caelum Waiting for 2h file
>Ermor 2h file received
>Lanka 2h file received
>Tir na n'Og 2h file received
>Ulm 2h file received

>48h + 12 hours to take the turn
>about to stale
Come on you StoryCool.
I badmin-extended it for you to be able to get it in, but don't make me turn into Lukas/clockwork.

>getting rekt so hard that you can't do your turn in 60h
Wew. Just imagine what would have happened if Jomon was in that game.

shit, let's hope StoolCory's got FR for that burn

What is the most INNOVATIVE strategy you've ever pulled off, /domg/?

Bogarus Imprisoned S7 Oracle

Guys in the picture are mages.

Am back

If you have any games that need to be subbed send them to [email protected]

just make sure to send me a message first, id like to play no more than one nation in a single MP game

Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy. Why so much hate?
I didn't see the email and forgot to do a double turn again

i was previously playing in:
Modernizanation as smerv
SnekEater as Lanka
AgeOfMan as caelum
and a bunch of other games that i was propably set AI in

>has the time to complain about being bullied
>but not to do his turn
Furthermore, Elludia must be destroyed.

Old-Rlyeh, are you here?
I feel a little bit lost with your turn. It would be great if you could come into discord or steam chat so we can talk and you can explain me what's the plan.

Thanks.

I'm at work. I should get dom4 on my USB.

also berytos in MyLifeIsFalling apart

You got subbed in Snekeater, but I'm still not sure if it's supposed to be permanent.

You should stop """forgetting""" to doubleturn.

Why are you so angry Deyja?

I am angry. Angry about Elludians!

I am aware of this and currently discussing it ,but a lot more curious about the situation in Modernizanation

Is Ghost King ever worth it as a pretender chassis? Free ghosts sounds nice, especially early, but liches seem overall much better.

Immortality is a meme though. Ghost King is better than a Lich as a rainbow for Ermor/Lemuria.

Nerf RoS

Okay, this one has already been spoiled in the previous thread, but i'll post the logs anyway.

This was the biggest battle of this game so far, which is not really saying much because every prior war was more of a swift earlygame stomp than a proper war.

A few blade winds have been thrown by Agartha, but almost all of the work has been done by Magma Children and the Great Olms.

Lanka, which has gone AI this turn (Rip in peace), is also making progress, retaking 2 provinces from Mictlan this turn.

Fomoria and Pangaea continue cleaning up whats left of Bery, with its last few forts either under siege or already taken.

Ulm has stopped eating Lanka's backside for now, while yours truly is pondering over what the fuck to do with all of those AI neighbors.

you fighting Deya man?

Nobody ever does such reports in any games I'm in :(

i've been doing fsjals from 9:20 AM and it's 20:25 now
help me

Will this game ever start

order is pretty random but mostly about the same as I drew them

Nice

I'm sieging a cap that has enough vampires inside to trigger gem spending when they try to break siege with them. I'll need my Army of X etc. for storming the castle, is there any way to ensure my mages will have enough gems in the storming battle after the break siege battle on the same turn?

bring duplicate casters scripted to cast the same spell

mind control vampires

The ability to know what's going on with such accuracy is pretty much exclusive to Ur, especially in EA, thanks to the recruit-anywhere scouts.

So the next time you are in a game with Ur, ask yourself: why doesnt he do the same?

>Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

pan can do more every age

Won't the duplicate casters just blow their gems on random shit? Also arranging would be troublesome.

Can't into Undead Mastery or Master Enslave, not enough mages to make a dent with single target control.

Just unscript it and turn on conserve gems? Or move the gems to a noncaster? Or have more gems on a scout?

The problem is that there's two battles in a single turn. One for break siege, another for storm castle.

Yeah. With slime elves.

Noice

and how is that going?

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/1471967615889746218/

Grab your nearest shitter and get ye fuk in here.

I'm stealing your reporter gimmick next time I play EA Ur.
It's fun.

HEROES 3 THEMED GAME WHEN

ALL HEROES 3 NATIONS WHEN

SANDRO AS A HERO WHEN

Massed flame jellies.
They're really good UW troops for their price if you've got a mage to give them some protection buffs.

How does swallowing work?
Is it an instakill?

I think the Smerv sub wanted to return the turns to you. That cool?

abolutely

i am willing to sub all games avalaible

Original plan feel free to disregard
>get TC off coastal fort or delay him on it (earth snake can cast iron walls or whatever that spell is)
>engage one of his armies before he links them both up or delay him for a couple turns (probably delay)
>use d2 (3 with staff) starspawn to summon huge numbers of undead (mound fiends for reanimation/communion matrix'd death spells) so I can have a rigor mortis/foul vapors/quagmire/grip of winter c'tis styled army to fatigue kill large numbers of his mages.
>empower a teleporting starspawn into air and use communions to give mass flight and other air buffs
>at some point get serpents blessing to cast foul vapors with no consequences on main armies
>had a pact with asphodel to use eastern army to finish off Ulm's cap to kill most of his earth gem income so he could help by attacking TC's western farmlands (forted) Most of Ulm's army is mucking around in Pangaea. IIRC he was getting pretty sick of the game and I felt he would have not helped and just went for a weakened Pangaea and Ashdod since he seemed to be really friendly towards Ermor.
>If choosing to delay bombard his farmlands + cap with wolven winters to drop his income while assassinating throne commanders to take those losslessly. Then use Wizard's tower to guarantee a fort in the province.
>had a blood sorceress was going to empower her after a bit of bloodhunting so she could make earthstones for turn 1 alteration 9 rituals via troll kings. Maybe use some of those slaves to empower a starspawn to kill all fatigue turn 5
>at some point I was going to experiment with pic related style bane lord thugs, putting them in the undead army.
>I did scan him some ~5 turns ago so feel free to look at the score graphs it should really let you know how you kinda stand in comparison.
>If I felt like I couldn't win I would have just delayed until I got arcane nexus, wish, and utterdark then spammed the world into a horrifying undead apocalypse.
>Also use assassins

You don't get nearly enough ghosts to warrant taking him.
Immortality is worth more because it's something that's actually useful as opposed to ghost king which has nothing useful

>Name all slave mages after Arabs so I can feel really lovecraftian.
>Was going to re-arrange mages in the main coastal fort army because I assumed he was going to whip out mass flight + quickened red guards.
>if you engage that army be sure to do it during the fall since they have way less hitpoints in the fall.
>attack the throne to force him to split his forces since the coastal farmland fort only went up a couple turns ago.
>if you lose an army it isn't a big deal since you have riches from beneath (resources to instantly replace them) and will be able to afford more mages anyways.
>at some point get evo 5 so I could stellar cascades spam with large numbers of star children (sooner if he was using mass flight).
>your armies with meteorite guards are vulnerable to fatigue spells so be sure to cast relief, also use howl to throw off gifts of heaven casters and punish TC if he really uses
>fields of the dead and life after death were on the to-do list
>be sure to cast darkness every battle it isn't about lowering precision it's about lowering defense + attack skill as your troops have darkvision
Again this was a kind of test game to see if rushing conj 5 for water elementals was really good for underwater wars, prod 3 to see how well meteorite guards do in actual combat my tests suggest that with water elementals they can take on bless rushes, and no evos only buffs to see how much better the army preformed.

If something deals, say, triple damage against demons, is the tripling applied to the base damage, the rolled damage, or damage after prot?

So when can the smerv player get back his nation and do the turn for us all?

Also was going to use a few sorceresses with astral caps to spam baleful star on forts I didn't like to increase unrest and shut down production.
Was going to get stygian rains because my troops do magic damage and can ignore invulerability as well as shadow blast (used with skull staff+communion) if I felt I needed more blasting.

Alright that's all I can think of at the moment. Best of luck.

Anyone hosting a MA games soon?

Or joining

Early Chocolate if you want ME as well
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EarlyChocolate

Message received, this will work in both our favors

Should I be worried right about now?

No, not at all.

Why worry, nothing is afoot

Also do your turn

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I'mma do this turn in case admin isn't there to fix who controls the nation.

>ALL HEROES 3 NATIONS WHEN
Only Fortress and Conflux are left.
>SANDRO AS A HERO WHEN
Check out Deyja.

Sent.

postpone a bit too, the guy went to sleep

I think 18h would be enough

Whoops. Didn't see this. Thanks a ton for your efforts m8.

Oh screw you, I was leaving him a message in commander names.

At least delay the turn since it's due in 4 hours.

Yup.

Or Caelum or Xibalba.

For thugs yes. The swallowed unit takes a bunch of acid damage every turn until the unit that swallowed them is dead, or the unit itself is. Some monsters like the Ancient Presence even regain HP according to the damage the swallowed unit receives.

Base and rolled, I believe.

I think it's (Base + Strength+ DRN) x 3, but I may be wrong.

Any interest in a natgen game? Thinking 9 players. I'll run the thing a few times to see if I can get anything good.

Krewlod update!

v0.91
- Ogre Mage Apprentice F1A1N1 2x100%FAWE -> F1A1N1 100%FAWE
- Cyclops King now has #nobadevents 5, #researchbonus -7, is 30 years younger
- Wolf Rider gcost 30->16, att 12->13
- Hobgoblins now have #formationfighter 1
- Greater Rocs and Thunderbirds aren't undisciplined anymore
- Thunderbirds have an one-use lightning attack with a small area stun instead of Lightning Swarm
- Cyclops Hunters now throw rocks at range 20 instead of 6
- Ghost Behemoth now has armorpiecing ghost claws that do not call for mr checks
- Call Greater Roc Conj6->5, gemcost 5->4
- Contact Ancient Behemoth N2E2->N3, gemcost 3->4
- Ogre Raider gcost 18->23
- Fixed Mass Bloodlust description

Doing god's work. Looking forward about that eventual Heroes 3 game.

Admin please set utgard to AI, thanks.

Hey lads. I won't be able to do my turn for the next couple hours, but I'll do a double when I get home. Won't need an extension.

your a good guy you know that?

>tfw no qt model gf to play dominions with

What are the major differences between dominions 3 and 4?

As far as I know SCs are the toppest tier shit in Dom 3 while in Dom 4 proper mage support is the strongest.

>sorcerous support
>strongest
surely you jest

this
mage support is a meme

It is though.

Well we cant all be ragha.