Anything new in cars?

I have to write a short essay about some new developments in the auto industry, but I don't know anything about cars.

Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yNSxow3W7ek
youtu.be/9KhzMGbQXmY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends on the period of time we're talking about, you have tons of upgrades from the 1980's. But personally i would go with total implementation of Airbags, ABS brakes, Three point seatbelt. New advances on the ICE(Mazda skyactiv with great compression that gives more years of life to the ICE, honda's VTEC, ford's Ecoboost, toyota's VVTi). More modern and "smarter" ECUs. Advances in CVT and AT. And thats pretty much it. Cars are still air-compression-boom-exhaust machines.

I need recent develops preferably within the last year.

Ah jeez. That really limits it. Well, try with the new koenigsegg regera transmision, some tesla shilling, and idk, self driving capabilties? I would recomend going into 2015-2018 catalog of different brands to get you ideas.

thanks

they keep finding more ingenious ways of making them more expensive to buy and maintain by adding a ton of unneeded features, and trickery to prevent people from doing their own maintanance or using a neutral garagist so you have to keep running to the manifacturers establishment and keep paying them as long as you own the car, in the meanwhile they keep cutting down on production quality in every way possible to produce as cheaply as possible resulting in shitty unreliable dispensable vehicles you replace after 5 years tops so you can buy a newer more expensive version of the same pathetic shit you already had. all while the governments push for an additional pile of bullcrap like pedestian-friendly bumpers and ecoshit that makes every single car made today look the same and have a weak little engine

unless you lick the man's ass and become filthy rich so you can buy a modern car that's actually a car and not a plastic fagbox

i don't mind if you just copy this as your essay, no need to credit me, you're welcome

mazda skyactiv x

its a new engine mazda just made that has better fuel efficiency than any hybrid ever made and it doesnt even use any hybrid technology.

op you couldnt be doing this at a better time this tech is a massive breakthrough in engine technology thats soon going to change economy cars forever.

definitely write about that because nothing else important has happened to cars in the past billion years

youtu.be/yNSxow3W7ek
youtu.be/9KhzMGbQXmY

the short version is it combines diesel technology with racing technology to make a regular petrol engine thats hyper efficient and it actually more efficient on lower octane fuels unlike any other engine

basically the same tech as 1940's plane engines with a few added gimmicks and computers
nothing has really changed

Cool thanks!

Dude really. Look up what Mazda is doing with the skyactiv x, and also look up what infiniti is doing with their variable compression engine. Hell you could even write about how electric motors assist gasoline engines in high performance cars.

If you can't write a paper on that fight me irl

It’s an essay on new developments in the auto industry. Not about being a poorfag

Infinitis variable compression engine thats some amazing tech

i used to be an automotive tech and took numerous years of college/courses and knew alot of people in the industry

one of the controversial things in the last year is electrics ie Tesla. we are actually already running out of the raw materials for batteries, and to this date battery technology is so crappy that by having to change an electrics batteries 2-3 times in is lifetime, youre polluting way more than a regular gasoline engine. a 2017 build V8 gasoline SUV pollutes less in a year of daily driving than a old snowmobile ridden for an hour.

Electrics arent actually forecasted to take off really, by 2050 its estimated most vehicles will be small gasoline engines, the other 5% will be electric, hydrogen fuel cell, etc. Toyota and Hyundai have invested into hydrogen fuel cell hard for the last 2 decades and Toyota ran a hydrogen fuel cell here in Northern Canada in -40c no issues.

the average person sees the future as being all electrics but IMO thats not going to happen. gasoline and diesel are the most versatile fuel sources that have and will be created in centuries.

myself i drive a Kei truck, i get 35-50mpg and its $25 to fill a tank of 91 octane and it has a simple 4x4 system and carbureted engine and it handles year round Canadian weather just fine. why some places especially in the USA think they need to daily drive a unloaded 5.4L half ton is beyond me

Skyactiv-X

Car prices have remained consistent with inflation. Those "new features that drive up the price" are included because of economies of scale, it's cheaper to include stuff like power everything since no one buys manual windows and locks anymore

Americans are dumb and shit like this triggers them

Anything Tesla.

This OP
This shit can change the way we look at cars. Look into it.

Dual clutch transmission

God no, that shit's just over complicated trash

considering americans think DOHC is overcomplicated, I think I'll discard your opinion

Nice truck.
but...
>to this date battery technology is so crappy that by having to change an electrics batteries 2-3 times in is lifetime, youre polluting way more than a regular gasoline engine
that's just blatantly and proven untrue. stop spewing this nonsense.

t. yuropoor

Can someone bring me up to speed on how mazda doesnt get knock at 16:1 compression with 87 octane gas? I still dont get it

Why doesnt ford break 8k revs... Come on dude everyone wants it

The Voodoo engine redlines at 8250 rpm

Fancy piston heads. Skyactiv-X is gonna control compression with a clutched supercharger

Oh wow, I didnt think they'd put limiter so many revs past peak, how much does it drop by 8250?

It doesn't

Neato

Even if the running car pollutes less, you also have to take into account the resources required to a) produce the electricity to charge it and b) the resources required to manufacture new batteries. Buying a used car and properly maintaining it almost always has far less total direct and indirect environmental consequences, especially considering transportation of parts and finished vehicles.

>37:1 AFR

how so? battery technology today is trash and we are running out of raw materials for batteries. both are true statements. same as the fact that battery pollution is a huge problem and if all cars were to go to electric within a 10yr timespan the pollution would be horrendous.

full electric cars are a horrible idea and Elon Musk who i cant stand just marketed Teslas to the rich 1% who want to think theyre changing the world while they recharge their Tesla on oil or coal generated power

the problem is especially the USA doesnt want to give up their luxuries. my 6.0L Silverado sits 360 days of the year unless i use the camper for a trip. i have my toy cars that i take out weekends but otherwise most of my daily driving is in a 660cc Kei truck that gets nearly 50mpg and does what a full size truck can do. you dont need to daily Infiniti QX56 and Ford Expedition like Americans do

An essay about Tesla*

>Any suggestions?
Stop trying to make other people do your goddamn homework, and hit wikipedia.

> a 2017 build V8 gasoline SUV pollutes less in a year of daily driving than a old snowmobile ridden for an hour.
Less NOx maybe. A million times more CO2 though.

cafe rollover and safety standards have turned every car into a fat jellybean thing with awful visibility in the last few years. design is more restricted and guided now than it has ever been. higher door too glass ratios, pedestrian impact regulations, fuel efficiency regs moving everything toward south cvt and small displace,ent turbo engines that perform well under perfect conditions etc. write about form vs function and whether these standards are worth it, trading driving fun and manuals etc for safety and economy.