EVE Online General - /eog/

Artillery dogs, but still dead edition.

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link, (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/63815449/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Daily reminder that the moros is the is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in every way

Daily reminder newbs should do the project discovery samples all day for ISK.
1million per 5 minutes after you get 90% accuracy

12m and hour?

Don't forget the crates that sell for 1m ~ 9m

oneiros

how do you get to 90 accuracy?

by not being retarded and abusing the system

As long as you get above 50% of the samples right, your accuracy will increase.

Even if you get the first 100 samples wrong, you will eventually get up to 90%

I like big blue donut...

>coloring empty shit

How strong the Vanguard Coalition is ?

Golem > Raven

Prove me wrong

Protip, You canĀ“t

Not the same utilization
Raven good dps
Golem good tank
Keep in mind that golem is a T2, so obviously better

>serious replies

rupture better than muninn

>mfw people still rat in supers even if nobody helps them

Nothing says "please drop carriers (or bhaals if in wh space) on me" like undocking golem

merge assfrigs with ewar frigs

merge shit with shit

They did, it's called 'citadel'

t2 capitals when?

What would you want to see in a T2 capitals beside resist ?

can't even merge projectile with citadel due to stupid tz tank

keres

Walking in ship when

The people who play EvE are too consumed by their space economy simulator to take the time to smell the roses

Brave Collective and EVE-Scout, my two favourite alliances to hunt. God I love seal clubbing.

whats the best nullblob corp to join?

domination carbonized lead S

'Pike' Small EMP Smartbomb I

Kronos

I said nullblob not meme

>56% signature radius modifier

oneiros

Proteus

Proteus is trash

No matter what they do to it, I will always love and fly it

>Caldari

Scimitar

zkillboard.com/kill/63815449/
what the fuck is wrong with these autists

they're led by a man who jumped his titan instead of bridging. You go figure

probably thought no one would notice him

>paste

>crow

>page 10

>tax rate increased to 30%

fuck these kikes

>horde

stop krabbing and go frag some shit

I'm thinking of getting back into EVE after a good break. I'm gonna stay alpha for a while.

Never messed around with corps, what's the best one to join out of the more newbie-friendly corps? I'm thinking:
Pandemic Horde
Brave Newbies
EVE university
Karmafleet
Possibly Dreddit
I don't know of the "official" Veeky Forums corp, but I'd consider joining it.

What are the upsides and downsides to these? I know the big problem with Karmafleet is that they're goons, and that people seem to not like you once you've been tainted by them, but I'm not sure why.

I'm more interested in PvE shit than PvP.

>meme reddit corps
Why

eve offline

PH don't give a shit what you do.
Brave is pretty nice but you have shit space
EVE Uni always gets farmed
Karmafleet is goons and they're currently getting farmed
Idk about Dreddit

>horde
Currently deploying. They'll have a 30% tax 3 or 4 days a week then 3% for the rest of the week. After the deployment is over it should go back to 10%. Because of their open doors policy (no API) everyone has an alt there so expect blue fucking.
>brave
They're living in space TEST didnt want as far as I can remember, serving as a buffer.
>eve-u
Autism incarnate.
>karmafleet
Just went back home from deploying. Horde is deploying against goons, which includes kf, so the area should be hot.
>TEST/Dreddit
I have no clue about how they're doing.

Don't forget the Drone Lands!

>drone lands

What are the Drone Lands?

Bot land.

The northeast section of nullsec (the Drone Regions) is controlled by a bunch of crazy Russian alliances who rent out their space and probably do a lot of RMT on the side.

imagine trying to justify the art demands for over 300 ship interiors... very stupid request.

>started playing a week ago

>spend a day mining with venture
>get 20m

>start doing project discovery
>get 100m in a day

>2 days until my mining barge skill is finished

>corp is at war
>cant do basic trading between regions without risk of being blown up

are you in nullsec?

Grab a sunesis if you're alpha and need to move low volume stuff. Use insta dock/undock bookmarks and you should be fine.

>if you're alpha
He just said he was training mining barges.

Trust me, you don't want to do mining unless you're in nullsec and in an alliance big enough to safely field Rorquals.
1 of those things in siege can outmine half a dozen exhumers, and the sheer volume of ore they're putting onto the market is making other mining less profitable.

Alright what is the best thing to do for ISK

That depends. Highsec, lowsec, nullsec or wormhole space?

Actual money needs capital ships. Mining can be decent with rorq boosts, otherwise VNI ratting is more profitable in null. High sec money comes from L4s and incursions.

Actual highsec money comes from trade. Yeah you can make 300mil per hour doing burner missions but truth is the amount of labour required is very high and you are essentially burning the stats of two characters to give work for one. With PLEX at 3mil/ea or 1500mil for 30d its not less than 10 hrs work a month just to keep your two burner characters running.

we still dont know what security space you're in

>do a lot of RMT on the side.
Lies! We do no such thing.

Join Dronelands today! Our big blue donut is waiting for YOU!

Fuck off drone shill. Your shitty coalition is the reason nullsec is dying.

The crazy thing is that the "blue donut" coalition everyone cries about is probably the weakest. They're literally getting dunked by TRI who has only a fraction of the pilots. The only reason they exist is because no one else wants the drone lands.

What happens when TRI decides they want the drone lands as renter space?

TRI isn't autistic enough to grind it in its entirety.

They get fucked by better groups who own a good chunk of drones.

>zkillboard.com/kill/63815449/
>6bn worth of nanite paste
>drops

>solo PVP
>die
>fleet fight
>get primaried first

Never played this game before but the market REALLY intrigued me. I read a lot about it and started trading in Jita, and almost four months later made 70bil profit. I've left the station a few times to go to Perimeter, but that's about the most jumps I have ever made.

>humblebrag

So where, exactly, do you sit on the autism spectrum?

>user's first post on /dog/ and xhe's already larping

Fuck you. I'm a wizard with a good job and my own place so I have a lot of free time.

>I make good money IRL so I can sit on a game all day making virtual money for no reason.
Sounds like a rich, fulfilling life. Good for you.

free time doesn't necessarily get you the starting capital needed for trading within less than 4 months, so you're either larping, not new to the game or used cash from "the good job" to kickstart your trader

I'm going to join PH or something and just blow it on pvp soon enough. I've been training up skills on an alt.

I sold everything from two premium editions and I sub my accounts instead of plex. I started with just under 9bil.

Unless you welp supers it's going to take you forever to spend 70b on PvP. You could have started PvPing from day one and actually enjoyed the game instead of grinding for four months.

>9bil.
That's more than some players make in their first year of playing. To make 70b out of 9b is really not that impressive.

>That's more than some players make in their first year of playing
Casuals.

True, but the point is that starting with 9b gives him a huge advantage over other players making their money from trading. The more money you have the easier it is to make money trading and when you're just starting out and have jack shit is when it is the hardest.

With the current technology, you can randomly create wall, door and light. But a little walking in the commander pilot section with a nice window could be really nice

Why does sov map inflate the fuck out of the colours on top left corner?

So they can feel better about themselves.

Remider that gudfites are a meme.

Daily reminder that daily reminder is a meme

>I'm going to join PH or something

Aww fuck, not another one.
>WTF 30%
>what's Delve?
>can't fly interceptors
>can you guys wait two minutes, I got lost
>station won't let me dock
>my feet hurt
>I died

That aside, I'm starting to think we should send all the new players to delve for two weeks before they're even allowed to krab in our space, it would solve a lot of problems.

Today I will let you know again that the moros is the worst dread and the nag is better than the moros in every way

And today, I will let you know again tha-
V E R T I C A L S U P R E M A CY

Oh shit
H O R I Z O N T A L S U P R E M A C Y *