/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Rocks out for Harambe edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. arrives 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app is live on the JP eShop.
-The MHXX English Patch will be updated and properly merged with the 3DS game update soon™. Temp fixes are around.
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

PC VERSION WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reminder that living the NEET-lite lifestyle is the only way to properly get the most out of monhun.

I work 18 hours a week then spend the rest hunting. This is the way monhun is meant to be played.

NEET-lite for life!

The French are all faggots and you shouldn NOT help them in World.

Reminder that the frogs boast the highest winrate of all modern armies.

Remember to update to windows 10 to prepare for MH: World PC version!

>I work 18 hours a week
>NEET

6 months after console release. Thanks for beta testing consolefags

>i will judge a whole population on the behavior of few people
people in general doesn't like you much right?

NEET-lite!

BING
BING
WAHOO!

To the faggot in the last thread who thinks the game is only about environmental interactions and not about slapping the mons with your sword
The Rathalos is the strongest thign we've seen in the demo, and its completely unaffected by the environment. It doesnt fall into ground traps or trees, it cant be beaten in a monster clash. But you would know that if you actually watched and understood gameplay instead of talking shit. What, you think youre going to be fighting a Kush-equivalent and then jhen mohran comes into the map to help you out?

>only high rank confirmed

remember to not buy this trash

The real French are good people and fine hunters it's the other "French" or ((((( French))))) if you will that shit up hubs and generally dirty up the French name online.

Objection: argumentative

>Being this new to MH
Leave.

What else is there to play on the PS4 to make it worth buying?

>"French" or ((((( French)))))
Who? Belgians and Quebecois?

I am getting the itch to play MH. I don't know if I should play 4U,Gen or XX. I played all of them already, but I don't which one should I play again in preparation for MHW. Any advice?

chill out my man we don't even have a console release date. the game is still on MT Frameworks which is famously easy to port on, so I wouldn't expect a long delay. It's most likely one of those "we're afraid of piracy" delays, not a "we're not even going to start porting the game until it's out on console" delays.

It could be as little as a week or two like with MGSV/Dark Souls 2, or it could be longer. If I had to guess I'd estimate about a month after console release. Speculation is pointless so early on though.

Experience teaches caution. Do you enjoy playing with BR as well?
No TRUE Frenchman.

I'm going to get it when it releases on PC after the console plebs have beta tested it to perfection and we get the Ultimate version straight away.

Why do people hate french player

One with names like Mustafa and Youssif.

MHW will be a service instead of a game, just like SFV. You'll be offered tons of season passes, DLC armors, item packs, Arena monsters with less HP for easy grind and so on.

Hell, they might even sell an ''underwater monster DLC'' next year, with Lagi and Ceadeus.

i'd rather play the game that sit on my computer watching streams like a faggot

>not being able to read
Classic frog

Daily reminder your dear bot is Belgian

>Experience teaches caution. Do you enjoy playing with BR as well?
online people don't tell you where they're from in general, because no one care, you notice them when they're not civilised enough to even try to speak english
most people from most places are fine

The faggots are the early adopters who pay for subs just to play online, user.

Waiting for the inevitable G rank rerelease has always been the way to go.

>speaking english
>civilized

How's Gen G?

MHXX is pretty fun and a lot better than X was, thank you for asking

this is capcom , if pc version flops you're not getting the G version

Probably the same day as consoles, unless Sonyy pay them enough to make it a timed exclusive. Capcom have been good with this lately, with MvCI releasing on the same day on all platforms.

lies, they never released a G version of gen

Can someone get me up to speed on MHXX and MHW? Should I bother getting excited for MHW or does MHXX just have so much more content that who even gives a shit about MHW? IS MHXX getting an English release, or at least a language selection?

MHXX is shit and has been confirmed shit for a long while.
World may or may not be shit.

MHW easily looks like the best most streamlined Monster Hunter to date, maybe if you're a really huge elitist who can't adapt to change should you ignore MHW.

MHXX is the portable line of monster hunter games, much more loyal to the classic monster hunter formula of "hit it until it dies" and has the most possible content available to a single monhun game currently.

MHW is a memetastic westernized home console and PC version of monhun with less focus on hitting things until they die and more about hiding in bushes, leading monsters on a leash, using slingshots, watching monsters beat each other, dropping rocks on monsters' heads, etc... it's yet to be released and will be a massive flop in terms of content quantity compared to the nintendo portable series.

>most possible content available to a single monhun game currently.
Frontier and 4U said "Hi"

MHXX is rough and has a lot of filler and awful early game to trudge through but it gets good once you hit G rank.
MHW has too many unknown factors to say for sure so far. We don't know anything yet about how challenging the game will be, how much content it will have, how weapon balance and gear variety will turn out, etc.
Just play MHXX and check out MHW a week after release or so, and see how it turned out.

The fan-favourite G Rank will be a part of the Season 2 Pass, please look forward to it!

XX is X/Gen with G Rank and some more content, in otherwords it's more of the same. It's Jap only for now, but Nintendo just added paypal international payments to the eshop, so it's easy as fuck to buy the Switch version if you want it. If you want to do save transfer from your English copy then you need homebrew on your 3DS to change it to an X save file.
World is designed for the western audience and is the 5th main title in the series, whether you like it or not. It's more open world and "dynamic" (has scripted cinematic sequences).

>all that made up shit about world and XX
Hunter
Arts

I care when quests fail because the player shouting 'Je Suis Monte.' carts 3 times in less than 5 minutes.

When this happens more often than not I don't want them with me. Ever.

Why is it shit? MHX was fun. If MHXX is just MHX with G rank and some new monsters, that sounds fun.

you sound like you're butthurt because you had a hard time killing a kutku and got told to git gud lmao

>MHW is a memetastic westernized home console and PC version of monhun with less focus on hitting things until they die and more about hiding in bushes, leading monsters on a leash, using slingshots, watching monsters beat each other, dropping rocks on monsters' heads, etc...
That sounds really fucking bad

>MHXX is rough and has a lot of filler and awful early game to trudge through but it gets good once you hit G rank.
I mean, isn't that most Monster Hunter games?

My only reservation with XX is that I'd want to get it on the Switch, but I'd really like to play it in English. I've done the whole "just play the japanese version" thin before on PSP with P3rd, and while I could play it, it was pretty fuckin annoying.

I didn't have a problem with Hunter Arts. I originally thought I was going to hate them, but they wound up being pretty irrelevant.

>believing the memeposter
Yeah, you go do that, you deserve the best.

>More small monsters
>More dromes
>Deviants
>Awful 5

After all these years i only noticed today, after watching a Stories video, that since fourth gen Kirin doesn't have its unique shadow anymore. Too bad.

People hate french randoes, not french locals.

>someone ask a question about the new newest MH games
>you immediately start spewing shit about elitists
>buttmad when you get dismissed
rly activates my almonds

nothing that guy said about World is close to true

But we hate Aria.

As opposed to?

infinite GQ, best 4th gen monsters without the worst, no frontier lagi, no bulldrome, GOG

No it's okay, segregation is good actually. You stay there, and I'll stay here. The Switch version is going to go so well, ports of old and divisive games have a good track record of performing well.

La france est gay

But I love Aria! Even though she's a Muslim. I can forgive her for that.

I mean, I was literally just asking for info on the two games, and you immediately got accusatory and defensive. Might make someone think you have some kind of bias, when you react to simple questions that way.

Like, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a common point of shitposting in /mhg/ so maybe the defensiveness is somewhat justified, I wouldn't know, but fuck dude control your autism, okay?

non toi

>infinite GQ,
Valid point, though not everyone likes them

>best 4th gen monsters without the worst
But the worst is there.

>no frontier lagi
Tri Lagi was already Frontier Lagi. And even then there's Frontier C.Fatalis, Brachydios and more.

>no bulldrome
Another valid point.

>GOG
But i thought you were against Frontiermons?

Either way, numbers are still lower.

Assuming I start over with a new weapon, should I play 4U or Gen?

The only bad fourth gen monster in 4U is Tidal.
Yeah, because Tri Lagi was XX's Hyper Lagi, totally the same.
Only "frontier" part about gog is the beam, and most of the time it's just an opening instead of an actual attack.

4U

Any monster with an AoE attack is Frontier.

4U only lets you play GS, IG and CB, so if the weapon you wanna try isn't one of those you're SOL

>Yeah, because Tri Lagi was XX's Hyper Lagi, totally the same.
Yeah? Both do nothing but charge and spam the electric field. The only difference is that one does it underwater while the other does not.

>Only "frontier" part about gog is the beam,
...and the design...and having to dodge other stuff instead of the monster's attacks....i'd even argue using the area's weapons since outside colossal ones and Fatalis it's more prevalent in Frontier. And let's not even mention its phase-change signature move.

Way to tell X was your first game.

The design? It's a gore with tar on its back and an usable dragonator stuck on its back, it'd be frontier if it used it but it doesn't.

>Swax can mount and phial burst on a monster

So character creation has been reworked. You think we'll get a boobslider?

>tfw no Monster Hunter World on Nintendo Switch

Maybe you start making good decisions, first Vita, now Switch...

In Phial Awakening mode, every single hit in Sword Mode will cause a Phial Burst on the monster, dealing additional damage.
For example, in Arekkz' footage, he did a heavenward flurry on Jagras' head for 22+36, and each hit had another explosion added on for 10 more damage. This damage is affected by hitzones, so I'd assume it also scales off your raw.

>Even though she's a Muslim
How on earth did you even get that impression.

SHOULD

So LR/HR confirmed? I was worried it would only be low rank so this is good news. I never expected grank to be in.

The question is, will Grank be a $20-$40 dollar expansion, or a whole new $60 game a year later like with the 3ds games and is it okay if i'd prefer the former

>I was worried it would only be low rank
stop listening to shit posters

Also, the phial bursts count as an additional hit, and apply element.

Except it is, fag.
It follows all the things you usually complain about in Frontier.

>reskin of another monster but bigger
>endless AoEs, this time it's even worse than Frontier because instead of being many difficulty dodgeable attacks it's one with enormous range AND a lingering hitbox that does FULL DAMAGE
>TONS of big, useless spikes that provide it with nothing
>unnecessarily edgy
Well the good thing though is that nothing in either Frontier or mainline managed to surpass Miralis in stupid ideas.

And are you sure 4U wasn't YOUR first game?

>I was worried it would only be low rank
Then you're an idiot and should stop listening to /v/

>boobslider
NOOOOO!

Fuck, I love my Vita, but damn if Sony didn't make it just to try being stupid in a way only governments can really afford.

No ragrets, tho.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they made another portable because that worked so well the last time they tried. I expect they won't, but...

It's not a reskin, it's the same skeleton.
They're not endless AoE, that's the awful 140 shagaru, Gog's drips are here to make it more challenging because it's too big to be a threat alone
>big useless spikes
Seriously? They're only on the chest, frontier have them everywhere with NEON colours
It is unnecessarily edgy

She's French.

No, they'll probably wait until the day before the console release to say the PC version is only a week or two off. SE did this with Automata to sell more ps4 pros.

WHEN WILL THEY ADMIT THERE'S ONLY LIKE 10-20 LARGE MONSTERS IN MHW

Aww yeah, tiddies

Theres probably only 5

Playing Odin Sphere in the comfort of my bed is nice though.
During that Gamescom demo they all looked depressed. Like that Japanese 'We did something shameful' depressed.

S O U R C E

>mfw I remember I own a PS4 and it will have Monster Hunter World

The pompadour is still in the game, right?

>Fujioka "European people examine various equipments before going out to the field, many people depart from combination."

I remember they love simulator genre