Your local militia needs new technicals

Your local militia needs new technicals.
What vehicle do you choose and what would you mount on them?

MK3/MK4 Hilux
MG3

Both are plentiful around these parts

Toyota Tundra because im from Texas so muh militia's trucks gotta be from Texas cuz we're from Texas
>t. Texasfag

>vehicle
Ford F-250 XL CCSB 4x4 with the 6.2L gas engine

>mount
absolutely nothing because I'd rather the people inside dismount rather than sit near a tinerbox drawing attention to itself with a weapon.

Ford ranger with a Carl Gustav

3,0 Ranger with an M61 so I can Vulcan while I Vulcan.

Hilux + Kalashnikov

Pre-Triton AWD F150s
Benches and some sheet steel to stop small arms fire.

Technicals are best as troop carriers and no more.

This + Ma deuce w/ clown ammo
I want my enemies to know my name

Lex Cruisers, E39s, and my eastern-euro bros.

Anything that can hold a 12v Cummins

idk ive never been in war. im new to all this

>Suzuki Samurai
>M16

twingos with roof sawed off, with twin .30s.

twin twingos.

Tahoe with machine guns replacing the DRLs

Silverado Z71 with DSHK mounted on the bed

>GM

Hayabusa Turbo Smartcar.

Take off the hatch and bolt a chest harness to the center console for the gunner. Gimbal mount a kerosene flamethrower to the roof. Flamethrower fuel tank in the passenger's seat. Chariot of fire.

Tactics are come in close and orbit as fast as you can, torching the shit out of whatever you're killing. If you get into some shit, you can donut and flame the shit out of everything within 40 feet because your wheelbase is laughable. Each Smartcar also has a fixed 40mm grenade launcher that's operable by the driver.

Strategy is to run 8-10 of these things as interceptors with 2-3 light trucks with a post mounted 20mm single-barrel HMG with an API round every chained in every 4 FMJs.

Pic related with all the proper trimmings, technicals are for poor shitholes.

Easy there, Muhammad.

actually I'm a Hrvoje. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

*gets blown up by a mine*

Just mount a machine gun on the tray

garbage mpgs unless your gonna drag fuel trucks behind it get a smaller tank

1 ton ford with nat-zi wall of death

All those small trucks like Rangers, S10s, Hardbodies and the like. Just give niggas a Stoner 96.

>mx-5
>ls3

>still survive because your country cares about saving the crew's life
this is why burgers are superior.

Caring is saving

The key would be slapping some plate on it to at least deflect small arms fire.

GM 3500 trucks.
I'd honestly use any truck we could get our hands on, but for this threads sake I'll pick one.

Pull the bed off, put a flatbed and build an armored firing position onto it, almost like a mobile pillbox.
You won't need that many technical with anti material rifles, and a pillbox would allow more men to fire at the some time, from multiple directions, using more readily available weapons and ammunition.

Forgot to mention, strip all the Emmisions bullcrap off the trucks, as well as the AC system and other comforts. Leave the heater though.
Then detune the engine to improve longevity and allow it to run on shitty or contaminated fuel

Ain't nobody got money for Hiluxes and Land Cruisers!

Jesus fuck
Elite mercs/contractors even mount machine guns to great effect. You need to stop drinking the contrarian kool-aid

1000% better to have them. Just cause they are their doesn’t mean you are trying to go in like a video game. You can still “dismount”

>i think there's something we need to kill in that direction

>Mexican

Just give em old government hand-me-downs

Is your name Walter?

aren't ladas stupid expensive because of taxes also?

I'm starting to like the soviet-poverty-inspired no-frills functional aesthetic of Ladas, how mechanically reliable do they tend to be?

>caring about personnel that have just become a liability instead of an asset
No, actually this combined with an abandonment of media-unfriendly scorched earth tactics is why we lose wars of attrition to rice farmers and sand people.

to achieve this goal you must consider the war you're fighting, because if you purchase a vehicle made by a foreign entity they may not support your war and refuse to sell you the parts required to service your fleet

thus, the vehicle either must be produced on home soil or imported from a trusted ally

to this end, I am left with either a Land Rover or something of American production, as anything produced on mainland Europe would fulfill the ally requirement but be unavoidably expensive

The choice thus falls to whether the offset of reliability versus cost of import, as Land ROver aren't particularly known for reliable vehicles.

Assuming we choose the Ranger Wildtrak as our import vehicle, with a base price of £27745 with the 3.2 diesel powerplant, and through a contract we can knock between 20-25% off the MSRP, if be generous and say 25% we can finish on a price of £20808 for each technical jsut as a platform, plus £5k per GPMG mounted on the bed and various spare parts and gubbins, our price comes to around £27k per technical

Now, Land Rover have stopped selling Defenders as of 2015, but the Discovery and the Range Rover aren't suited to the life of a technical. Considering that they would be produced on home soil and the government could secure a lower cost contract than the import of Ranger Wildtraks, let's assume we can acquire these for half of MSRP of the WIldtrak, £13872. Plus £5k for the GMPG and spare parts, we could safely say around £15000-16000 per vehicle.

the choice is obvious, really.

second hand unimog

Gonna go the boring answer and say Land Cruiser with DShK in the tray, with a PKM on the passenger side that can be dismounted quickly if shit gets real. Not quite pic related, but close enough to get an idea.

Lend lease M1917s

> Mercedes Geländewagen
> Fast Attack Vehicle
> Fast

Yeah, no.

user.. That's a hilux...

Anyway my choice would be mitsubishi triton and hilux. With mk19 grenade launcher coupled with fn gpmg for commonality with regular army

Hence not quite pic related. Solid choices on your behalf, not big on the Triton but I will admit I haven't had much experience with them. I made my choice on what would be practical/available where technicals are commonplace.