Are c5 vettes overpriced?

I really want a C5 vette. But a decent one costs around 18k for lower mileage and standard tranny around here (nyc).

Is that too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/1998-red-corvette-coupe-c5/6473434698.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am just gonna be honest vettes can be pretty cheap just gotta get one with some minor damage to it and you can get it cheaper, rust, ripped seats. Never get one with engine problems unless you are experienced or know anyone that is experienced cause vettes are expensive for mechanics

Ya im with this dude. I dont understand the fetish of buying a low mileage 20 year old car. Just get a cheapie one with high mileage with as few owners as possible.

18k really is into c6 territory. Its the dead of winter, they should be being dumped at much lower prices right now.

It will last longer

Yes. I've seen decent ones for sale for as low as $10k where I live. Although, $12k is a more realistic number. Even a nice Z06 is only $15k.

just buy a sportbike, it is faster than a c5

Where are you looking at? Craigslist, cargurus, autotrader? Post some finds you see.

Dont feel like being ground into the pavement by stacys SUV

just buy a gun, bullets are faster than sportbikes

The performance is great, but they're hideous. The outside looks like a melted dildo, and the interior is straight out of a cavalier.
Fast tho

newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/1998-red-corvette-coupe-c5/6473434698.html

C4 for the aesthetics or C6 for the oomph

C5 is literally the ugliest in the family

Man you weren't kidding, i just did some searches for zip code 10541 and your options are limited and on the high side.

Sucks man, i saw a very nice priced c6 but your going to drive a bit out of your way to see it

Five years ago I bought my FRC C5 for 17K. It had 88k miles, pristine inside and out and had full bolt ons. Cam, heads, full exhaust. I live in Texas and clean examples around dfw are going for 12k-15k. With issues, you canpick one up for 7k-8k. Of course, things are more expensive around nyc, aren't they?

You can get them much cheaper. Like another user said, some things on the engine can be a bitch to work on especially without a lift. Lifters are a common failure on them, heads have to come off. If it's been cammed, valve springs are a 30k-50k mile maintenance item. Clutches are not fun without a lift. You have to drop the entire rear subframe and torque tube.

a vette in new york sounds so limited. whats your thought process behind wanting one? if it's just a craving i get it, but if not, get something small, hi-reving and nimble-- you'll get a lot more out of it around here. Or is it just for road trips outside of the city? I like corvettes, they're just not really suited to the roads and driving style in this area. You'd have a lot more fun with a boosted s2000 or something similar. I've driven and owned a pretty wide variety of cars in the city and I think the most exciting car I've driven around here (considering the environment) was a lotus exige. Not exactly practical or the best winter car, but neither is a corvette.

I think the C5 is prettier than a C6

By far the best value in automotive history ever.

Highway cruising and road tripping, yep. Also I live in Queens, it's like a half suburb

C 4

Had an 87, electric stuff kept breaking.

I have a 94 with the LT1 and 6 speed manual. Picked it up with 75k miles at $7500. It now has 85k miles and not a thing is broken on it. Maybe I just lucked out?

lucky faggot I'd kill for that car

How does the lt1 compare to the ls1

Nothing really wrong with the LT1 but the LS1 does everything better.

This. LS1 is superior in every way but the LT1 is still a good engine for its time. Reliable to my knowledge, but the LS1 has more power, better fuel economy, is simpler, etc.

There's some nice roads out on the island. Otherwise I usually take mine upstate.

Lakeside roads are awesome: And since we're not a completely shitty state, they're usually well maintained.

its one of like 4 decent cars gm ever made is why