/owg/ - Overwatch General

He died for your sins

>Welcome to Overwatch. A F2P where you can buy a hero and one trick your way to Grandmasters.
>To get access to Overwatch head over to battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-loot-box-seasonal and purchase as a Lootbox to gain access to Overwatch.
>Sincerely yours, Jeff Kaplan
[YouTube] Overwatch Seasonal Event | Summer Games 2017 (embed)

>Event item tracker
pastebin.com/Zy3uRMtN (embed)

>DEATHMATCH has been added to the PTR
>includes both 6v6 TDM and 8-man FFA
>along with a new map built for FFA (it's bloo's family home)
youtube.com/watch?v=d89Vu8GVq2c

>Latest comic

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20972920
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-https://pastebin.com/Zy3uRMtN

>Overwatch dev tracker

>Hero tips, tricks and basics

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:
(Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0
youtu.be/ASnXCAJ9JtU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love how Blizzard took the Mei “is thin” fanboys that basically humilliated people for wanting chubby Mei and said FUCK YOU to their faces world wide live!
#thiccmeibestmei
Lots of these people were a bunch if assholes saying “we dont have a problem with a fat mei but why does she have to be fat/chubby why cant she be skinny?” When sometimes the only reasin they liked fat/chubby Mei was to sexualize her that was the only exception which congrats you sick fuck for only seeing chubby and fat girls as sex objects instead of human beings who EXIST AND JUST WANT TO BE ACCEPTED!!!
Listen here you fucking prick you have like 5 other female characters who are skinnier than sticks for you to sexualize and drool by we only want representation even if its with one character were not asking much and you still want to take it from us, now i ask you whats the issues with her being fat/chubby why cant she be fat/chubby? There. Isnt. So I hope you asshole can back the fuck up and leave us to celebrate this wonderful short and achievement and let us bask in the representation that has been given to us!
And thank you Blizzard for making me feel like body matters and its actually fucking acceptable in this society like its the least important fact of my life.

>he died for your skins

You missed a perfectly good joke.

Is this from reddit?

A rein cinematic would have been miles better

>new taylor swift soon

nice

I WANT A REINHARDT TITTYPAD

It wouldn't have been sexy enough

Zarya sequel to Sombra short when?

WHY IS LUCIOBALL SO FUCKING BUGGY

Everytime /pol/ posts I donate to sjws :3
Plenty of patreon accounts to go around~

Sombra online.

Look I agree with you but chill out

Blizz is scary good at making handsome men in their cinematics.

I want to go balls-deep in thicc Mei

>the script to mei's short was leaked years ago

How did nobody catch on?

Mei needs more personality. Any ideas?

The upcoming comic

>yfw some of the Darkest Dungeon one page comics have more story, emotion and significance than the high budget cinematic from one of the largest publishers on the market

This is off-topic and reportable.

friendly reminder not to announce reports.

Because it's a shit game mode they threw together because Jeff liked rocket league at the time. They also didn't bother to put in some effort to make it better because a bunch of people missed out on it last year. I don't know what you want to hear m8, the mode is just trash.

PJ OUTFIT F U C K I N G W H E N

He would have been in the armor the whole time!

where is the report announced? Yours is a reportable and rulebreaking post.

Good shit user
have some more material

MEIKE, TALK TO ME, MEIKE, MEEEEEIKE

>Winston was the only reason Mei woke up

So that's two Overwatch qts he's saved, what a guy

We already knew this since release of 3x3 map. This animated short is a pointless recap.

Armors are sexy though

>youtube links non-functional
>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
>not even bothered to link the new short
>le EPIC BLACKED maymay
>posted early in a busy thread
>reddit-tier press F to pay respects joke

faggot OP made by a faggot

W H E N
Y O U
P O S T
S A U C E

See Don't do it again. :)

Armor is hot

who is the first?

Wasn't this one of the good ones funded by Patreon? Is it good, I might get it.

>retard parting with his money
You got us user

clips.twitch.tv
/RelentlessDullAlfalfaChocolateRain

Mercy is getting something closer to a rework than just number tweaks.

youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

So we all agree this was the worst animated short yet right?

Good.

>The preview clip shown of the animated short meetings during the interview with Kaplan was of Tracer running through a hallway on Horizon
>We're gonna get Hammond at Blizzcon

He made Tracer's chrono-thingy.

So PJ outfit is coming right jeff?

Hero is the worst

You guys are aware this is the first short in Season 2 of the animated shorts?

There are other heroes on the line yet-Wait until Blizzcon/November for the next short

They're probably going to nerf the range on resurrect, and rework her mobility skill so "hiding and rezzing" is a lot harder.

100% the worst
chu wearing his nothing-ever-happens- moeshit anime influences on his sleeve

Worst short we got so far.
The story isn't believable, Mei talks too much, the sacrifice is meaningless and the end is kinda stupid, why walk if you could transmit a signal for help?

Yep lol and the Queen will be out early next year.

Dragons and Hero sucked more

Animation was amazing as usual, as was the cinematography
But the rest was trash and dumb to smoke

the shorts are garbage except Alive cause Tracer and Widow
call me when we get the Zen short, story about Genji in the desert leading to him meeting Zen and so on

>all her friends die
>she recovers in less than a minute and goes back to drinking coffee
>retards will still find this short sad and emotional

Winston…why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg, and my arm… and even my fingers…the research data I’ve lost…and the comrades I’ve lost…it won’t stop hurting, like they’re all still there. You feel it too, don’t you?

I’m the one who got caught up with Overwatch, a group above nations, even the US, and I was the parasite below, feeding off Morrison's power. They came after you in Gibraltar, then Numbani. Overwatch just…keeps growing, swallowing everything in its path, getting bigger and bigger. Who knows how big now…

Winston…I’m gonna make ‘em give back our past…

Image/vid source or it didn't happen

please oh god don't let it be true

>Mei isn't fat

Mei fags btfo

>mei in cryo for nine years
>overwatch was still around for several years while she was frozen

So did everyone else at Overwatch just forget they existed and didn't wonder why they hadn't heard from them?

thank god, now rework hanzo/roadhog

How the fuck does Tracer get to Horizon?

It's even worse than the worst. Zero relevance in the story. Even D.VA is not such a pointess character after this animated short.

>Dragons
>Infiltration
>The Last Bastion

>bad

At least the Hero short had a sexy brown loli. This had nothing.

It was the best one

WOHOOOOOOOOOO

I like this thicc mei better and i hope we get a pj outfit.

Hello there, we are pleased to announce our new mode: Team build-a-base

>WHOA-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quiet skin for Widowmaker when?

I think I didn't care for Alive more, but it was close.

That would be a decent plot point.
Better to leave it as a plot hole though, wouldn't want to give DETAILS about stuff

Why would she take more than a minute?

>icebae in a short
Why all the rage?

The Last Bastion is the only good cinematic so far

good ideas not welcome

This is the only good thing to come out of this short

>Mei looks attractive in game
>In the CGI she looks like a down syndrome patient

There is something wrong with her face.

why the fuck did miss down syndrome get a fucking cinematic?

It was a month ago but I don't remember who exactly it was with. It was a little after the Doomfist reveal

Winston says "Hey Tracer let's go to horizon some shit done got fucked up let's check it out I got a rocket"
And Tracer goes, "Oi bruv ya we ought ta check that chaddywack afore the queen goes crumpets"
Hire me Chu

Nice

Checked

>implying this alter ego isn't flushed down the toilet now

Ckecked

Reyes did deserve having his face plastered on a trash article.

Family in Reflections saw that article. They saw his face in shame.

>Gave almost zero shits about her friends dying
>Used some of the energy Snowball gave her to make fucking coffee

youtu.be/ASnXCAJ9JtU

JP mei best mei

Nice.

Alive > Dragons > Infiltration > Recall > Museum = Bastion = Hero > Rise and Shine

>Expect a shitty boring short featuring a boring girl in armor the whole time
>Instead get a shitty boring short featuring best girl in form-fitting PJs with her hair down
I can accept this.

IM NUUUUUUUUUUUCLLLEAARRR

IM WILD

Thanks user
I was looking for this

>to combat late season fatigue we are introducing more points when you win games

Oh boy so in low tier games youll be earning more points because are easier to win meanwhile in diamond ans above youll be earning less in a higher skill bracket

Seems fair

ALIVE
WAS
SHIT

>guys guys guys something a fan came up with is in the game's canon, and now Blizzard made the fan thing not canon, they can't keep getting away with this!

You sound like those retards who insist Mercy raping Tracer is actual canon.

Thicc womens are the best.

i cant help but think they did this short the same way the anime industry keeps making moe. They did it just so we can stare at a cute character longer and feel like she's really real and has a personality, etc

Most useless short by far.
It was literally a retelling of her origin story.
The writing was awful, nothing actually makes sense:
-Mei could have left literally at any moment, but she had to climb that tower just to say "YASS WUNSTUN" before she could actually try to escape Antartica BY FOOT.
-She got over the death of her coworkers pretty fast, too.
-Also, apparently, the first thing you should do when in a situation where your life (not really) depends on your ability to climb a tower is to build a cryo-freeze gun, because that makes sense. Why would you use ropes or any of the survival gear you possess?
-Snowball's "death" was a tearjerking moment thrown in for the sake of emotional manipulation, with no impact whatsoever, since his batteries got charged not even two minutes after the fact.
-The battery of a small robot can sustain the whole Ecopoint by itself
-Why would you care about the batteries when you have (or have the ability to build, apparently) solar panels that charge the battery of said robot in a small timeframe?
Mei is also a weak character by herself, and the writing style of "tell, don't show" doesn't help her one bit.
The whole short was just ten minutes of pointless exposition of either inconsequential things (Snowball's death comes to mind) or other stuff that we already knew about for a whole year (the whole "ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEEEEEEEAD" thing).
The Junkers animation we had the other day was a lot better, despite the fact that it had the budget of a shoestring when compared to this dumpster fire, since it actually tells us details about the lore of the new map and about why they went on an international crimespree.
It's not really much, you could say, but that's at least the kind of exposition one can expect over a 3 minute video, something that the Mei short, which had over thrice the lenght, failed to achieve.
At least the animation was top notch, but that's about it.

It's actually different
>Ecopoint Antarctica was discovered and Mei woken up
>Nothing about Winston, she goes on solo mission
How the fuck did they manage to retcon with zero plot involved?

I wonder if she speaks in a chinese accent as well