/hg

Honda General
>in snow edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>UEL Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9eCtoCxqc

>Anons' problem
youtu.be/54TtXn2XKHM
youtube.com/watch?v=YVS7IIz7hbU

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=NZPNGbyZohA&index=14&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP

>2018 Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=IRg36N8Aj70

>Civic Crash
youtube.com/watch?v=_zHy8qk2T-4

>Kanjo Inspired
youtu.be/cYpqCvAxI-s

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

hondapartsnow.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=8hxk01j00V4
fillernecksupply.com
youtube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Current Collage

>/hg
JUST

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

ok friends i bought a 98 hatch that was badddly dented a couple months ago for a few hundred dollars (it was the only issue)

and now I have an opportunity to buy a 98 hatch shell that is pristine. my first instinct is to swap out the rear quarter panel and door of the one I'm buying. Is this a really hard procedure? I know a collision shop will charge probably thousands

please help me nihgas

Are new civic any good? If so should I look at the NA 1.8 or the turbo 1.5

If it were me, I would just put all the good bits from the running hatch into the clean shell. That's what I hope to do with my 94 in the future.

I bought some stuff the other day. Drove over 100 miles without my hood.

1/4

And got a pretty clean primered eBay hood for $25. I'm gonna hit it with black paint just like my tailgate. Trying to match this mystery red is impossible and I think it looks nice in black with my black headlights.

>tfw riceboi

2/4

Same guy sold me a full set of LS Mesh with great tires for $100. Threw in a fifth wheel with a M/T drag slick on it too. If only I had a pair, I could have some fun. I want to strip these down and paint them white, maybe.

Looks pretty good. How was it driving without the hood lel

Feels good to have all this tread. I saved a ton of money and they aren't even Chinese.

Honestly felt the same. The seating position is fairly low so I couldn't even tell it was gone unless I sat up higher. I'm sure I got a lot of looks on the way there. kek

UEL header is on the way now. I should have it Friday, and might install it that night after work. I'll get footage of the before and after.

Inquiring about buying a set of Regamaster Evos for my EK. Good decision or nah?

Very expensive, but a god tier wheel. Look for Spoon SW388s too. Also made by Regamaster but set up for Hondas specifically.

>Finally new bread

I want a little EG hatch that size.

How do we make it look good?

What are the possible sources of this? Gonna check with a snake line camera later after work. It's an older accord.

Only fluids back there are gas and brake fluid, and that's definitely gas. Probably from the filler neck?

Yeah, it's gas. My tank is pretty much empty. I filled the tank to see where the leak was and it took about a minute from the time I started pouring. Delay sounds like it'd make sense if the the leak was somewhere up the tank, but in this case, my tank was pretty much dry (I drove 1km before having to pull it over, and putting a siphon line in as far as I could showed it was dry), though maybe there's also an issue with the pump?

Find the hoses that run from the tank to the engine bay. Input your vehicle on this site and you should be able to find diagrams of the fuel related components to help you find possible sources of the leak.

hondapartsnow.com/

Is this proof enough to get into the collage?

wtf just grab the bread from your kitchen user

>Honda is capable of delivering a timing chain V6 but are being assholes about it

I was at work, waiting for the rain to stop.

Saw this in a comp, nihga curbed his 9th gen.

youtube.com/watch?v=8hxk01j00V4

You have the same handwriting as my dad.

Any opinion on the cr-z? I didnt think Id be too interested in going down the hybrid route but im really liking the look of it, especially the interior.
Not many for sale here in Ireland though but there is a couple im hoping to view

so anyways i know there are at least a couple of you who drive gook cars, hyundais i believe. Considering that Kia is their sister company now how are the gooks in their car tech? If I have shitty luck in the next few months I might have to pick up a cheap kia beater

VTEC is at the bottom end. Generally a useless city car.

At which point can we call it a minivan?

>FK8 not much higher than EK.
Huh.
>FK's windshield starts a good 10cm higher up than the older car.
Awful. I'm sure the side and rear windows follow this stupidity.

>Bottom of windshield 5 feet from driver due to the rake
That's a mini van in my book.

Thanks. Im more of a rural/small town driver with a couple of hours on the motorway a week

GOD

DAMMIT

These would probably look good in gold.

Probably not a good car for you then. Plenty of other Hondas would suit you though.

this is not ideal

Yes I'll be going honda anyways, but theres no rush so ill be doing plenty more homework first

Yes
What year is your car and what photo would you like to use??

It's most likely a hose that goes to the fuel pump, given where it's leaking out. Inspect all the hoses for cracks or holes. Given how much it's leaking it should be obvious where the issue is. You can temporarily fix it with silicon tape.

If the car is too old to find the exact part, you can fix it by replacing the hoses with any generic fuel hose. I get mine from fillernecksupply.com

How much could I bring this down? I'm thinking 20k in leaf dollars.

>We know what we got

If you want to save money, buy a used car.

What UEL header did you get? 1320? I'd like an ebay special one lol but they don't exist.

I found some goofy shit wiring in my civic. Ignition is wired into a relay?? Don't know if it's related to my no start but I'm suspicious.

Hold the fuck up

I think I'm going to get a red paint job for my
Prelude.

I think it would look cute painted, and it would probably not fade horribly like hondas do.

Thanks, luckily there's only one clear coat failure on the car.

The lude is knocking, rack and pinon is leaking. pic related

whats the oldest civic/accord you would buy for a daily? not looking to spend more than 3k and i really, really like the look of the third and fourth gen civics but i worry about daily driver comfort

also does anyone have statistics directly comparing safety testing to these older hondas to newer ones? thats another concern of mine and im not sure just how much safer a new vehicle is

my 85 crx is made out of plastic and single ply metal.

if I got into a crash with a modern car I'd be permanently disabled or dead

I'd get a CG6, it's the most modern one where you can get an EX for cheap

I'd say anything CM or newer is really safe, get an LX trim with side airbags and you'll be comfy even when crashing.

I can buy a 2007 civic si coupe through work. Probably around $1000. It has a 6 speed manual trans, the interior is kinda beat up and has a bit of body damage. I'd have to get a key made, are they any good?

>pass expired
>can't phonepost because T-Mobile range ban

Fug need to renew.

Yeah I got the 1320 one. Didn't come out until late last year and as far as I know, all the ones before were custom made. Gonna be a cool sound for sure.

Don't know shit about wiring so it just looks like a mess to me. kek

Got a nice shoop from a friend. Gold with polished rim looks like it would be cool. Would be using EM1 silver center caps.

Does it go to the brown plug? Brown plug should be ignition. If it goes to the yellow harness, it's linked into the SRS/airbag system.

If you can post a better picture I could probably wager a guess what it's for.

I can get a set for $1000 US. Shop owes my husband a favour, so will probably get a good set of tyres included.

Speaking of ignition.

>on my way back from Baton Rouge with the new hood and wheels
>go through New Orleans for a change of scenery
>major traffic out of nowhere
>creepin pretty slowly
>car shuts off
>crank crank crank and nothing
>crank some more, starts up
>move a few feet and shuts back off
>this happens forever
>stuck in left lane with no shoulder
>finally manage to get it to stay on, shoot across lanes off the interstate
>never happens again, and do two work shifts incident free

I'm kind of suspecting the ignition switch contacts are burning up. Maybe all the constant cranking cleaned them up a bit? Scared the shit out of me.

That's a great deal if you can pull that off. They'll hold their value too.

yeah so i didnt end up picking up the shell anyway. the dude was a huge dick and also I honestly didn't feel like paying for the tow. he said it would at least make it to my house but, it barely turned over and i wouldn't have trusted my worst enemy in that tin can

to be honest im just going to drive it with the dent

also where are you? sacramento? i swear to god i saw this car on arden today

Mine seems to have a limitless amount of dents. I've just accepted it as an excuse to not wash it much and if somebody hits it in a parking lot or something, I won't get mad.

I'm in Louisiana near New Orleans. My car has a pretty basic setup so it wouldn't be surprising to see others that look similar.

my cousin swears on a slide hammer and bondo so even if it looks like shit, it cant be worse than how it is at the moment.

also i uploaded this here before but, this is how it looks.

everything else on the car is perfect though and im so happy with how it drives.

Wew that's rough, but if it drives nice that's what really matters. I had a previous owner roll the rear fenders with pliers according to a Puerto Rican that recognized the car at a local Import Face Off. Plus they did a really bad repaint. That same Puerto Rican said the whole front end used to belong to him.

Such is life with a 10 owner car. kek

I'm not so concerned about resale value, but that's still good to know.

Got the car for a steal, and I can't see myself selling it.

Got my camera replaced on my phone. Here's a photo of that $400 CB7 I bought.

Not meant for a collage pic, as I might be selling it soon because of some issues regarding my life.

Wish cleaning an engine bay was easy though, this fucker needs it.

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caversham/cars-vans-utes//1176156262

opinions on this '97 vtir atts? got pretty high KMs but the body looks decent from the few photos he's posted. already texted him asking for interior and engine bay shots.

>range ban
Shiet, me too.
user who got the 4AT 93 LX Civic, it's cozy but the smaller engine is killing me. The fart can the previous owner put on it doesn't suit me.

Some self serve car washes have an engine bay cleaner available through the sprayer. Just cover up your distributor, fuse box, and battery and spray it down. Try not to put high pressure onto the alternator and it should clean up quite a bit. I've sprayed my engine bay down twice and have had no issues. I basically followed this video with a few added precautions.

youtube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw

That's a sick car for the money. I can never find a car that nice for that price.

I hate a bad fart can. I threw the one that came with mine in the trash and swapped to a Yonaka. Wayyy nicer exhaust tone and I can hear the intake at high RPM.

Does yours actually use the whole rev range when flooring it? My 93 refused to.

I'm not too sure what you mean by that. It sounds good in the low range and idling, but just sounds like high pitched farting when I floor it.

I mean what RPM it gets to before shifting when giving it full throttle. Mine always shifted at around 4000 when the engine is fully capable of going to 7000+.

You might be able to find a stock exhaust setup from a local junkyard. Would make it nice and comfy, then.

I'll try and find out tonight, I have been babying it by easing off the throttle when I want it to shift.

You like jazz?

Would a lude be a worthy first car to work on? I'm not knowledgeable/rich enough to do a full swap but I'd like to stick a turbo/cooler in there as a meme to get my feet wet. There's a great condition, low mileage 1990 in my area

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a 4th gen Prelude Si.
It's done 207xxxkms and apparently only has a chip in the windscreen. I'm going to be having a look at it in the next few days and was wondering what kinda of things I should be looking at in the car to see if it's worth buying as I'm not mechanically inclined myself

I just bought a 05 civic for $600 today.

First car, the condition is as you'd expect for a 600 dollar civic.

Have you guys ever done a hit and run on a paint scrape?

>Running into one of your POs
You got the town bicycle, pham.

10th Civic has the best FWD chassis out there.
it's just too bad it can no longer be paired with honest to goodness iVTEC performance motor.

After literally weeks of research and ignoring Veeky Forums's advice, I finally realised myself that a civic really is probably the best first car I could get with my budget and with reasonable insurance.

All I want to know is which of these three older generations of the civic I should go for, I'm thinking of going for the EK or EJ, because it's still a classic civic, but new enough that it's still relatively easy to hunt one down unlike the EG hatchbacks.

Also, are civics really as fun as people say, even with the economy engines?

Hope to install this tonight after work but exhaust takes forever to cool down. If not tonight then in the morning.

Just pour water on it to cool it down.

Fug it's raining. Hopefully tomorrow night at least.

EP3 if you can get an Si model. Otherwise I'd go with the EK.

Is there any benefit (performance or sound wise) to having it loop like that?

They say it's a power increase over stock but they also say it's for daily drivers and show cars. They have another header that's better for performance.

That's a gorgeous header.

Yeah they make some damn good headers and for cheaper than Skunk2. Not sure why people pay for their stuff. My buddy got that one for his ZC coupe.

What do you guys think of the Type-R? I'm thinking about getting one.

It's cool as shit if you can get is for not much more than $34,000.

I'm kind of new to Hondas, and modification in general. Think I've got a lot to learn to get my little hatch to where I want it to be.

Nobody rides a Pilot? I'm about to buy a 06 and get a new column added to the collage

Suspension is a great way to get started. These cars handle extremely well with just a suspension upgrade.

I was going to buy one. They won't sell it for 34.
I bought a brand new 2018 STi for 34k out the door and it's a much better car.

Bitch is fast and AWD is amazing

Any you'd suggest?

Just bought a 96 Civic ex with 160k miles for $2500.. The car is in great condition but I feel like I overpaid. Did i?

I'm running Koni Yellow shocks and Ground Control springs and it's one of the most popular setups. There's a ton of choices, just avoid the generic eBay stuff.