Do you clean your car interior?
If so, how often?
How?

Interior detailing thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

itstillruns.com/air-intake-resonator-do-12156112.html
amazon.com/Meguiars-G6207-Black-Wax-Paste/dp/B009OBW29S?tag=gauto-20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Once a year usually for spring cleaning along with the yearly oil change and any other maintenance that needs done to make a "car day" out of some weekend with decent weather.

Should do it more often, but once a year keeps up morale at least.

>yearly
Jesus I hope you at least pull the driver floor mat out occasionally and shake it off

as often as I can, its sorta hard to do in the winter, so I've invested in some weathertech floor mats

Op here.

I do it every weekend, i also clean the engine bay but thats another topic.
I generally use various glass cleaners and specific car interior cleaners and also vacuum the whole thing and use a clothed furniture cleaner.
Spray it on, rub it in the fabric, wait 5-10 min and then vacuum that bitch out with all the dust and dirt.

I am pretty autistic when it comes to cleaning, almost pedantic.
Im that guy who hates dirty boots in his car.

Shop vac comes out, floor mats hosed down and washed off due to winter salt, dry in the sun. That's why I make day out of it because if you let it go for a year you need to get in to all the nooks and crannies.

Mine gets dirty after a week and i cant bear the sight of the fabrics and shit being dusty.

I clean my interior as often as i can. I sneak into the speed wash and use their vacuums and i clean the engine bay during every oil change

Watching it be salty or covered in leaves or whatever through the misery of New England style winter is what makes me angry enough to clean it furiously once the weather turns nice. Dust doesn't seem to accumulate much until the weather turns bad enough that I can't be bothered trying to keep it nice; it's more like a reminder to get ready to remember it's going to get a little closer to rusting into dust every year.

And that come February or so when massive chunks start disappearing from the road I'm going to hit one of them and probably bend a wheel. I have it timed out so yearly inspection comes around at the same time so I can at least get them rebalanced while I'm at it and enjoy smooth rolling for most of the rest of the year.

What is that? It's an odd mix of cute/exciting and of soul-crushing.

What is the purpose of this plastic being this pointy to the side?

Looks like a Chevy avalanche

Resonator for the intake tube
itstillruns.com/air-intake-resonator-do-12156112.html

Looks like a half-wavelength resonator.

Didnt know that, thanks.
Been mainly working with german and asian cars so ive never really seen such a thing.

Helps get rid of standing waves in the intake.

Hemholtz resonators are a little bit different. If it's just a tube (rather than a tube and a chamber) then the main impact is that half a pressure wave travels in and bounces back, resulting in a 6dB reduction near the frequency of interest.

>come here to see how often other anons clean their interiors
>learn something new
Thanks bros, maybe today isn’t so bad after all

Since this a cleaning threat whats the best way to remove old wax from the exterior?

It was fun and educational to remove the Hemholtz resonator from my intake in order to improve throttle response because it resulted in a really annoying hum at the frequency it was filtering out. That lead me to wonder wtf the half-wavelength resonator was sticking out later in the intake tract, and figuring out that if I made it a bit longer it tuned out a lot of the hum.

I got a torque surge at about 1400RPM as a consequence. Maybe could have done something about that if I could adjust the ECU maps, but I just avoided that RPM range instead since it was only ever useful crawling in stop and go traffic or whatever.

Back in my zaino days, the standard line was to use a reasonably simple dish detergent on a warm day to strip it off first, e.g. Dawn or whatever. Worked for me anyway.

So just wash it with dish soap and sponge then rinse with water?
Cheap wax did a shit job so Im looking into this
amazon.com/Meguiars-G6207-Black-Wax-Paste/dp/B009OBW29S?tag=gauto-20

How do I deep clean my cloth seats? I dont want to spend a bunch of money on one of those washers that I'll only use like twice a year and the rug doctors from publix look dirty af
The seats have spots and Ive had sweaty friends sit in the seats, I think its time for a cleaning

Yeah, I just waited for a warm sunny day and hit it with a bucket of hot soapy water and an appropriate sponge/rag and a good rinse from the hose. Much like how I do household cleaning except gently and without harsh chemical solvents.

Simple vacuum cleaner + any sofa cleaner spray.
I dont know how theyre called exactly but here in EUland theyre in every supermarket.
You might need to take several passes on cleaning it.
Picture somewhat related.

If you have a wet/dry vac you can do your own rug doctor. Works on rugs, too. Depending on what your seat is covered in, you could use anything from a gentle rag with very mild soap to a scrub brush and Industrial Purple.

>Do you clean your car interior?
Yes.
>If so, how often?
2-3 times a year.
>How?
Vacuum everything, especially the footwells, then dust, and then scrub any marks with a damp cloth.
I'm considering waxing all the plastic surfaces this year, to celebrate the car being paid off fully last winter. Got some stuff that's basically beeswax and a little scented oil, and should make everything clean and protected.
The same stuff I use on my boots to shine them up and make them black, and get a barrier against salt.

thanks

>He doesnt have his own garage.

DON'T use a sponge or regular rag. Use a microfiber mitt so you don't scratch the shit out of your paint

You clean your car inside your garage?

>with dish soap
That shit will cut through anything if you use enough. I recently used it to cut layers of grime and old milk off a concrete floor.

Nigger its winter outside.

I tried the microfiber thing for a while and was not entirely impressed. I categorize it as the difference between going for show quality and making the best of a DD while you're worried about pollen, dust, and bugs getting in to your fresh wax job and hoping the wax job hides paint that wasn't even perfect from the factory. For me, I found that "appropriate" were old worn down 100% cotton t-shirts that didn't leave lint behind and that weren't carrying around all kinds of grit and grime.

Is there any way to restore scratched plastics or do i have to replace them alltogether?

I wish I could give you a brand recommendation but it's been so long since I've used it that I forgot. But they do sell special multi-stage polishes for plastics and they do work better than the usual advice about the toothpaste trick or whatever.

They work especially well on older 80s-era type cheap plastics that scratch every time the wind blows. In my experience, it just takes some effort and you wind up wondering if you really want to go to the next finer polish or whether that's close enough already.

winter is a season and is thus everywhere

Cars are made upside down I swear. Should have the poly carpet on the dash, and rubberized mats on the bottom. A custom dash mat and some weather tech edge to edge mats make detailing borderline useless. All you really need is to not eat in the car and wipe down surfaces once a month, bingo bango you are "detailed". The mats can be shaken out once a day and hosed down weekly for extra autism.

Then you really don't need to worry about shit else unless you are a disgusting pig in every other possible way
Almost forgot, removable cloth seats covers. Get good custom ones. Then you take them off once per week for laundry machine. Bam no more manual labor for no reason. Can spend your time doing patrician things like actually modifying interior or engine.
Do this. I once took a sedan that had been smoked in for a year back to like new with nothing but that can and elbow grease. Spray, brush like hell, let dry and hit again. Zone your car and hit each zone in order, run it back until you are satisfied with the clean level. Modern poly fabric is nearly un breakable by simple cleaning action.

Can vouch for removable seat covers.
Kinda normie but they save alot of hassle, allthough i still do clean under them because dust still gathers on the seat under it.

removable cloth seat covers is like using a secondary car because you want to preserve the 'primary' car

thats still not clean tho

I guess a car will have better resale value if the seats arent fucked

>caring so much about resale value you don't even fart in your own seats

first of all the seats don't get ravaged by normal usage. second, why would you be selling your car. third, the seats wouldn't be the desicive thing

>second, why would you be selling your car
Because it's old and you want a newer one? Do you think cars just last forever or something, or are you one of those 'I cant afford a new car so theyre universally shit' poorfags?

Sometimes you also grow up and need a bigger car :^)

No it's like putting wax or sealant on your cars paint. Some even look better than stock seats. What are you one of those "muh bone stawk" faggots who whines when he can't replace a 1982 plastic volume knob? Because that has it's place, but not on an Veeky Forums thread discussing keeping cars clean.

I don't ever let it get to the point where it needs detailed. I don't spill shit everywhere or hey out dirty. Most it ever needs is vacuum and wipe dust off the dash. Maybe clean the windows apply leather conditioner to the seats.

Most people are fucking pigs and don't understand that it is easy to keep a car clean. They are just lazy pieces of shit.

Dont smoke or eat inside, ever. 99% of it.

This. My car stinks like an old ashtray because I like a cheeky smoke on the drive to work. And my fat fucking kids can't go ten minutes without feeding their faces.

alot i live in the country dirt dust gravel everywhere at least once a month and detail the car daily

til

what do you do for engine bay? mine looks like shit and its nothing that a blow-off can remove

not him but i use bulk degreaser and a SOFT spray of water m8

A cheeky smoke? Wtf Is that even supposed to mean?

Buy a 2nd car?