/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 24th of August:
79 AD – Mount Vesuvius erupts. The cities of Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Stabiae are buried in volcanic ash.
455 – The Vandals, led by king Genseric, begin to plunder Rome. Pope Leo I requests Genseric not destroy the ancient city or murder its citizens. He agrees and the gates of Rome are opened. However, the Vandals loot a great amount of treasure.
1349 – Six thousand Jews are killed in Mainz after being blamed for the bubonic plague.
1941 – Adolf Hitler orders the cessation of Nazi Germany's systematic T4 euthanasia program of the mentally ill and the handicapped due to protests, although killings continue for the remainder of the war.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - In the Emperor's Good Grace
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-63-in-the-emperors-good-graces.1040523/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IhnUgAaea4M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dead genre

Got myself a nice level 10 fort sponsored by the Ottomans along with the perfect land for defense. Was going to push further but he almost took one of the forts down

HPM has to do something about this sheet

cut off their Egyptian holdings by taking Syria or Lebanon, it'll make them easier to manage.

Yes. I think healthcare is too difficult to get for some countries.

Anyways, there is a great fault in the game pop growth mechanics. The period of greatest population growth in Western Europe and USA was from 1840 to 1910. But in the game, the biggest growth usually comes during the late game, from 1900 onwards. That's now what happened historically, but because most countries can only adopt health care during late game, it's impossible to make historical

If we could fix that, population numbers would be closer to the historical numbers, but that would require us to change a lot of mechanics.

new game when

MP WHEN

All right I'll bit, how did you get a 4k-172k ratio for combat? I understand attrition, but combat?

Delhi's outdated army getting instawiped by a 50k doomstack, see for the battles log

Thought you might like this user, AI persia's been doing just fine for itself; altho my stopping of he Turks might have played a hand in that

Just have a global event about unsanitary conditions that makes 80% of your pops in favor of healthcare reforms every 10 years between 1840 and 1910

That's absolutely retarded

M&T shitty balance

How about lowering the life rating of European provinces once they reach a certain amount of "urban" pops (anything that isn't farmers, labourers, slaves or serfs)? This could also simulate the likes of Portugal, that had a late population boom.

>small_persian_spearman.jpg

Did a hoi3 lobby seriously get filled in 9 minutes or did the host just give up?

We just started yeah

>go commie
>instantly get goat pop growth and literacy gain from good schools and good hospitals
>eclipse capitalist "superpowers" in two decades
Defend this, anclaps.

Maybe, but HPM doesn't give a shit about that kind of things. He is more worried about changing the culture of an 1k size African minor pop in Congo than changing actual game mechanics

Wow, nice. I was worried I was going to not be able to get to 80 absolutism for the decision to switch to it.
Don't know why the title's fucked tho

She just spent a week finding a solution and testing changes for health care reforms so it doesn't affect colonies

Okay just post the discord man

Not to mention the segregation mechanic he wants to implement.

ah yes

t. Alex Grandi

Take Egypt, Libya and Tunisia, please, so it says "South African North Africa."
I swear I'm not reddit.
It'd probably say South African Maghreb, anyway.

but all my ships have been docked either in Cape Town or Durban for over 5 years
what did they mean by this

Honestly bothering to encircle these guys is just slowing down my blitz at this point

I guess it's time to save the world again

>Fucking Axis

>segregation mechanic
What even is this meme? Muh apartheidiums?

I dont have the power to make links, sorry

>segregation only happened in south africa
>american education

It actually wouldn't say anything since my capital is in Africa. Vicky doesn't differentiate North Africa from Sub-Saharan Africa.

youtu.be/IhnUgAaea4M

There we go

That's quite neat, and yes, the Ottomans are the main issue for Persia

>that pop growth
>while at war
>in 1899
Jesus

>waah muh ebul rhodesia based mugabe made that shitty white nashnulist CUNTry much better

Is it the one that faggot memesupreme just made?

>american
>education
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation

Are you having a stroke or you are just an american teenager?

what mod

Portuguese colonies where segregated

It seems like the latter to me.

winter kings? when the world stopped making sense?

How do you differentiate between a Portuguese person and an African?

easy, the portuguese isn't trying to rape you or steal from you

wtwsms

anyone up for hoi4 kr mp?

you can with pirated

yeah bro we love hoi4 here

The Portuguese one is the darker.

Pop growth in USA starts very low and after you get Good health care and a lot of immigration it becomes stupidly high,

That is another reason why HPM guy should decrease pop growth during late game

dlc link?

what did he mean by this

so anyone knows how to convert a 3.04 mod to 3.03?

how does he even manage to shit out this stack

estate levies

>GOD TIER
Orthodox

>ABSOLUTE AND TOTAL BRO TIER
Catholic

>FAIR ENOUGH TIER
Coptic
Nestorian
Monothelite
Monophysite

>HERETIC TIER
Fraticelli
Waldensian
Lollard
Iconoclast

>BURN 'EM ALL TIER
Messalian
Cathar
Bogomilist
Paulician

>dubai oil money in 1803

WutFace

Yemen also has a ton of people

Well this is something you don't see often.

excuse me but paulician is the most based """"""heresy"""""" in the world
sir i believe you are in the wrong place

what about chalcedonian christianity

>being a Manichaean

fair enough. same shit as nestorian

>ABOVE GOD TIER
Positive Christanity

Both Catholics and Orthodox are Chalcedonians. It's what Christianity was before the Great Schism. It's not really a different kind of Christianity, but the standard type of Christianity before the East-West Schism

excuse me but that would be orthodox

League War's just hit. I'm not in a league, but I'm allied with Austria.

Should I join my Catholic ally in the fight against my fellow Protestants, or declare neutrality?

im sorry but what are papists and slavs doing in my thread

Religion map for Europe right now.

It's Anglo world out there

Anyone got a link to Memes and taxes?

2.01?

Got to previous threads and ctrl+f "mediafire"

>siding with papists
>ever

Also, form another country asap. Westphalia's map colour is disgusting.

Orthodox is not what Chalcedonian was because Chalcedonian also included Catholicism. So it included both Greek and Latin rites, while Orthodox only includes Greek

Basically, it was the main Christianity branch during the Early Middle Ages until the Great Chism. Then it divided into Orthodox and Catholic

I'm allied with Poland, Austria (PU Hungary), The Mameluks and Memevlachia.

How fucked are the Ottomans?

What the fuck kind of name is this

>no mention of Arianism
Or is this just a MemeK2 post?

Pretty fucked. Just make sure you have naval supremacy so you don't get stuck on the wrong side of the straits.

well?

>wall of links to pol

Thanks for being a bro based Orthodox user, but I'm afraid the current Pope has absolutely destroyed the Catholic Faith's moral authority.

I would wait to see if the Bishops after Francis elect someone more based before calling us Absolute bro tier.

>saved a nation from being colonized by Europeans
>by being indirectly European and indirectly colonizing them

Fuck off, Irelad. Bloody Sunday best day of my life.

>Hitler looking dismissively

Que?

I still can't take you guys seriously for making a meme religion that is still like Catholicism instead of simply Converting to Orthodoxy and Anglicizing it.

i unironically want the African cardinal to be elected

he's the most conservative of all the candidates

what are some interesting challenges to do in hoi4? im procastinating work

Why is he so wide?

That would be a funny meme
>B A S E D BLACK GUY saves Catholicism

Why not?

So i downloaded the latest copy of Eu4 and a copy of memes and taxes 2.1. i started the game and the map where you choose your nation had weird problems like parts of poland being wasteland or enclaves of random middle eastern nations in spain. I tried to play but on the first day the game crashed

what do?

Were Ethiopians the only actual African Civilization of any real value?

pls im bord

Egypt was technically African

what has the world come to lads

You know what I mean: Sub-saharn; Egypt and the Berbers were more connected with the Mediterranean anyway