/fg/ - Falcom General #57

Previous thread: Bullied commoner edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: imgur.com/a/YnoXU

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

u.biyori.moe/N8NukLmL.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tio.

is a slut

Tia.

Since for some reason my thread was autosaged on /v/ I thought I'd ask you guys here:
I just finished the second game in the Trails in the Sky series and this is probably my favorite videogame romance I've ever seen. Are there any other games that actually develop a main couple this well? Some FF games like FFIX come to mind but still in most other JRPGs the couple either isn't given enough time to develop as a couple or one or both are autistic. Western RPGs and new JRPGs are obsessed with the "pick your waifu" thing so those are always tangential at best to the story.
I'm yet to finish the 3rd and Zero/Ao so if those are on the same level do tell me, and if this isn't the ideal general to ask point me towards one.
From the epilogue of CS2 Rixia and Lloyd didn't look like a couple.

I'm going to put Crossbell behind a door that doesn't show up on the map!

Is a bigger slut and a really shitty villain.

My understanding is that Zero and Ao is similar to CS in the way it handles "romance" with the protag. You get to pick, but they seem to push Elie on you.

I cant think of any other game that told a romance as well as Sky either

post more duvalie lewd

There's a bunch of ship teasing between characters in most games, aside from the main cast of girls from now on, some others do get some. Otherwise, the romance is more subtle in the next games. Main Girl for Crossbell is Elie, she's the only one who can win.

Zero and Ao don't really have a proper patch out yet, Zero's current one is serviceable since you can make sense out of it, but Ao doesn't really have a patch yet.

Actually, every other event with the girls doesn't end up in romance, aside from Elie's. You could probably could Noel's though, since she confesses, but Lloyd withholds on an answer until it's over, without even being all that shocked, while with Elie he makes a really heartfelt confession and kisses her.

I noticed that people were talking about CS2 delay mechanics. From what I understood, every source of delay you have is rolled individually and if 1 succeeds, all sources of delay succeeds. I believe the part that speed also affects success rate, but I still don't really understand how

friendly reminder
>New CS players
We don't give a shit about them.

Why do people hate CS2 graphics

Which is why people stress getting Sharons unique item I suppose. That would be a max of 5 rolls instead of 4

No need to think hard about it, just stack impede or speed quartz and it should work.

I do.

Because everyone must have every console in the world.

The current director of the Trails franchise called Joshua and Estelle's romance "Embarrassing".

We're never getting another good romance. Falcom sold their soul to the Persona gods in a hope at getting more money. Instead the sales are just as ass as ever and the characters stutter and gawk their way around romance. We'll never get a scene like Estelle shouting that she loves Joshua on top of the castle, no beach scene where they finally reunite, no scene in the palace gardens where Joshua tells Kloe there's no way he'd ever fall in love with her because he's full-on the Estelle train.

Because all of those wonderful moments are embarrassing.

I rate this 6/10.

Kevin and Ries come pretty close IMO. Nothing is set in stone but there are hints and by the end of the game they're pretty much never leaving each other's side.

You should definitely play 3rd soon. Not only does it have Kevin and Ries like I mentioned, but it also continues to make Estelle and Joshua's relationship more and more based.

Since Zero, the romance is just "pick your waifu" thing like you mentioned.
I rarely play JRPGs for romance though so I dunno what to recommend for you.

*20 CP AT Delay + Impede behind you*
Nothing personnel, kid.

>Domination Quartz on Laura
>MFW

I'm going to marry Laura and have 4 little sword autists in Legram.

I DON'T NEED CROSSBELL WHEN I HAVE DADDY OSBORNE

Osbone doesn't even love his own son, let alone a foriegn girl from a captured country.

>Villain set up for the first half of the story straight up goes "I'm gonna go die in another game now by guys" and walks off-screen
Bravo Falcom.

If he didn't love his son he wouldn't have left him with a noble family like the Schwarzer.

I thought he's the one spared by SSS.

Nope, the one who survived is a random grunt, the leader gets gunned down.

Considering that Persona 5 sold more than all the Trails games combined, he has a point.

The comparisons to Persona are pretty tiring. People who dont care about JRPGs can rightly dismiss them as the same shit, but other than anime high school aspects, and turn based combat, they're going for completly different things.
Its not like Persona invented the cliches and setting

But the turn based combat is completely different.

People who hate turn based combat wont notice, or care

u.biyori.moe/N8NukLmL.webm
Randy and Tio have the best combo snark.

I'd say that's really more about a combination of superior art direction, not trying to sell a single myth arc for decades and actually trying to sell the product to more mainstream JRPG consumers. Persona didn't take off until they reinvented it, and it still took years to build up awareness.

I love my big sister and weird uncle!

u wat m8?

Is there a problem?

>user too poor to eat fish and chips
C'mon m8. Work a little harder because only food and video games give joy in life.

Now he's sneering at him and calling him worthless because he won't be part of his military machine.

What seems to be the problem?

Whats ths point really of making u have a harem when they are gonna force the main girl?Also is wazy backstory stuck In bond events?

He didnt say It is Embarrassing. He said it could be done better. Stop doing this "nasu cant write shit" meme. and I do agree with what he said. their romance in FC wasnt that good but a lot was fixed in SC, 3rd and beyond.(zero,ao)

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Yes

I genuinely did not enjoy using Estelle in any of the Sky games. Stats-wise, she's supposed to be a jill-of-all-trades, but the divide is too close to the middle, leaving not enough substance on either side. I found her lacking whether I used her to attack physically or with Arts. In FC, I intended to use Estelle mainly for physical, but still used Arts when it got serious, given how good it was in that game. In SC, she usually did nearly zero damage with Arts since I never gave her the ATS-boosting accessory, with only doing just barely enough damage with STR up buffs. I benched her completely in TC except where forced. Every other character has more bias toward one side such that they're actually good at what they're doing, with the other side there as backup.

Her crafts are good for clearing trash mobs though.

Ah. Guess I will work on him in my first playthough. Thanks user

>fish and chips
sitting in front of hotdogs... wut

Reminds me of jelly donuts.

Estelle was pretty unremarkable in combat, but she made up for it with her can-do atittude.

I only use her as a buff bot and item spammer.

They should have named it Legend of Heroes: Trails of Homosexuality instead of Zero.

Tears of Vermillion is Legend of Homos.

Look at the middle of the table, numbskull.

Julius in Coldsteel is Estelle done right.

>Julius
Who?

Jusis.

>He doesn't read Madrigal of the White Magnolia.

Zero is low-key. Most of the yaoi/yuribait was in Ao

Thor or Chevalier?

It's not at all unusual for a chippy to sell other foods in addition to fish and chips.

They're both kinda crap, so it doesn't really matter. You get the other one later anyways.

Yeah, but it's like meat pies and other fried bits. Not that i'm surprised a jappo company doesn't know what a chippy's menu is like.

I don't get it

Ne'er been to the ol' chippy mate?

Twitter. Though it's some artist's work

You can also get things like burgers and sausages, depending on the shop. The one where I used to live did those. They were pretty dire.

Oh no.
Tiosuke is breaking down.

Who else day 1 buy Ricotta's game on Steam?

I'm going to permanently eject her (male) from the active party.

Ejaculate? Please don't be so lewd.

Kondo didn't even direct Cold Steel

Thors. The HP and EP healing properties is useful.

You mean in a second playthrough, right? Can't get both unless you carry one over for NG+.

What would Jesus do?

>16:40
>the site is still not updated
What do they mean by this?

N-new trailer?

>not a mishy portrait
That's just giving the mystery away.

And Laura just destroyed an entire department store full of orbal appliances by being retarded.

I love her.

Falcom is a business. They are not Vincent van Gogh doing it for art.

Waifus sell. Otaku buy games.

>Vincent van Gogh's """art"""
>Good

>new

youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

bah

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I respect that man

>all-out war with Calvard
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why do people hate fish and chips?

i'm scared to watch this. what if it spoils the whole game?

CAKE CONFIRMED PARTY MEMBER

>2017
>weapons still appear out of nowhere
>animation is still shit

This game was made for me.

>dick status: muh

>Lecter finally fights

Spoony bard is also a party member, you can see it at the panel with Alisa's S-Craft.

See, told you people it wasn't "I'll heal your soul and heart".
I want your soul and heart