/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

FNG weekend starting today edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Blood Orchid targeting a September 5 release. PC will be able to play it on the TTS on August 29.
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-use-blood-orchids-new-operators-gadgets/
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298309-16/operation-health-update-222-patch-notes
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-296924-16/operation-health-diagnosis-optimizing-operators
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/p5853
reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette#wiki_in_regard_to_voting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

benis :DD
vid.me/p5853

reminder that the cloaked poison mines WILL have a sound

>join game
>in progress
>vote kicked because I'm connecting after they have chosen OPs
>join game
>in progress
>vote kicked again
>join game
>in progress
>TKd because I'm the only one not in a the stack
>vote kicked so I can't retaliate
>join game
>actually get to play
>last one alive in secure area
>get downed
>get vote kicked because their team dosnt kill me and just teabags
This community is almost making me quit playing this fucking game. It's gotten beyond cancerous lately. It's almost unplayable without a full team.

I fucking wish you were lying and stuff like this doesn't happen. It's the largest pain in the ass.
>Hey, let's votekick that guy because he's taking 25 seconds to load and because I'm 12 years old I need to be constantly engaged and entertained

I think it's just settling in. Also, remember the only actual discourse happens here - on Reddit people upvote the group think. Some dude on Reddit wrote a post about how the HK OP's using Chinese weapons is actually borderline harmful propaganda against HK, and everyone downvoted his shit into oblivion. Even the one guy who said "Hey guys, don't downvote him for his opinion, I don't understand where he is coming from but maybe we should listen" and even he got downboated into the ground.

So? They're cloaked, that should slow down the enemy a reasonable amount.

At this point I'm convinced 60-80% of the playerbase are children. It's one of the worst communities I've ever experienced.

There's also the bitches that ragequit after a single round loss or immediately when their spawnpeek attempts go bad.
I just want solo queue to be more consistent with playing full games.

>needing to blog about this twice
Why does everything bad always happen to /r6g/?

The community is really fucking terrible. If the game wasn't so dependent on communication, I would have disabled VOIP completely and removed the chat box.

A friendly reminder to not be a needless cunt during the free weekend if you come across new players. You've got no right to moan about long queue times if you're a toxic piece of shit that drive people away from the game.

Free weekends drag in a lot of people and the more people we get to stick around, the better.

>why must you post about game related things in the general for that game
>waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Upvotes are supposed to be used to promote good discussion and shove down shitty low effort discussion, it's purely based on post quality and not personal opinion. Sadly 99% of redditors use it as a like/dislike feature, reddit has fallen so hard over the last decade as the community has morphed into the current abomination while the original intention of the site slips further away into obscurity, now reddit is just another big social media forum. reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette#wiki_in_regard_to_voting

>thinking cloaked gadgets are okay

Echo was kind of okay because it was just one dude who was a 1 speed fat fuck, but if we knew it was going to start a trend of invisible gadgets we'd have put a stop to that shit immediately.

I hate that shit. Or the pussies who hide in a corner when they're the last one alive 'so I don't get a death on my stats for no reason' REEEEEEEEE

Agreed, we need new life and badly.

Can you hear the sound of hax?

It's barely game related anyway. That user could have just saved his blog for a new thread instead of posting it at the tail end of the previous one

>Upvotes are supposed to be used to promote good discussion and shove down shitty low effort discussion

I disagree with SUPPOSED to be. Reddit HQ clearly understands the ways in which communities use Up and Down votes. They are 100% aware that people will vote based solely on opinion. A common "trick" in subs is they can hide the downvote button, but only on browsers. On Mobile it's still there because it's a nigger rig hack.

Seeing there is a demand for subs to have an "upvote only" option, over many, many years they have failed to include this feature.

No matter what Reddit tries to say, they are selling hive mind communities and want dissenting opinions to be hidden. This is an objective fact.

no, but i see the loop on the gun, and thats pretty sweet

>common experience in the game
>multiple replies from anons with same experience
>'barely game related'

>some guy called ADSLisSoGood with 250 ping

You think this is bad?

I used to play Wargame, a game that combined the usual shit you get in competitive games with a healthy dose of nationalism.

And an all chat on the main menu with zero moderation.

I will always pick the whining of children over that mess.

I almost forgot how bad Wargame players were.
But reading mini-/pol/ all chat is always good for a few laughs

>tfw you try so hard, but one man can only carry so much

I'm too weak

ATTACKERS

SHOULD NOT

BE ABLE

TO LEAVE

THE FUCKING

BUILDING

WHY CAN'T UBISOFT UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wanna try that again?

Do we have the VAs released yet for the new OPs?

lookit at dis turkman

ela is cute

Make sure he doesn't buy any 1st year DLC ops (at least initially). You can get all the first year ops for $20, 1/2 off the price of buying each individually.

Why not? It's an immense risk/reward tactic. You either get a kill or you die.

Huh. What would people think about a map where the defenders are defending some giant Garden or other outdoor location? Could be kinda cool if it had a hedge maze, gardener's shack, some old forts or whatever.

Something like that could be fun.

>spawnpeeker the map

Finally, a little operator to put on my desk.

Am I the only one dissapointed the Spetznas give their 9mm the reacharound?

They wouldn't have these delay or balance issues if they actually used the TTS effectively, IE taking the Endless Beta set up Skullgirls used.

Seriously, if you gave people time with new fixes, patches, content, etc. instead of a couple days to fuck around in it and maybe find a single bug and you were able to actually fucking hotfix it constantly to see if the fixes worked or not you wouldn't have had 90% of the problems this game has fucking had.

Make TTS permanently up, constantly patch it with the current builds and let people test it. It's not hard, it costs no time or money if you're not running TTS on consoles which as far as I'm aware they are not. No one could complain about this, it makes the developer side easier since they will have feedback to issues when they are created but before they are shipped. There are no downsides other than maybe 2 retards who are console only and feel entitled to TTS, who can be told that you can't constantly hotfix console games because certifications, meaning even if they're still indignant retarded cunts it doesn't have any actual backlash because they're in the wrong regardless.

>not the figma version
nah m8

>There are no downsides other than maybe 2 retards who are console only and feel entitled to TTS
That wouldn't even be an issue, console players can apply to get an invite to the TTS on PC through Uplay.

>posting an airsofter

good job

>console only

details

That's your problem? Not the 9gag watermark?

They are really fucking up with the TTS. I think most people want the TTS to be available for longer, if not have it always online as a beta branch, like Overwatch's PTR, Battlefield's CTE, etc.

They're proud of their over 1000 fixes, but how many of these bugs are actually fixed when it hits the public branch?

There's no reason to take advantage of the TTS more, as they have players willing to test.

He's using a non ballistic bump helmet with a Rhino Arm and a PVS-7C. It's a completely fucked mismatch of kit even when you start adding in the Streamlight strobe on top and the Surefire helmet light on the side, the ear pro, etc etc.

But most importantly the PEQ box is fake because you can see the LED illuminator on the right of the laser box (the silver / yellow circle), vs the laser illuminator on the real deal which would be slightly different shape w/ different tinted glass.

You gotta steal images from somewhere

>There's no reason to take advantage of the TTS more, as they have players willing to test.
Nope, no reason, that's why Valk bank glitch never happened, the Doc stim glitch, instant spawn death peek on Consulate or literally any other glitch or balance issue that's been exploited. Nope, they've completely got the game perfectly handled as far as testing goes.

>to NOT take advantage of the TTS more*

Missed a NOT there.

I thought you were being sarcastic, which I was adding to. The rest of your post made it rather clear you weren't an idiot when it came to this.

>posting it again
Might as well post this on the Siege subreddit

oh I wasn't even doubting your observation
I didnt really care if he was real op8r or not, just interested about the look

I don't have any desire to go to reddit, ever, let alone make an account. Why is it reposts are only offensive now? These threads are constantly reposts of the same ideas, complaints, observations, ideas and even straight up content.

>I don't have any desire to go to reddit, ever
its always hilarious seeing these statements here like it's some sort of crazy thing you touch and then become a "redditor" to be hated on the 4chans forever

>trend of invisible gadgets
Yeah there are so fucking many of those things

This must be that autism thing I keep hearing about.

Also Echo's was 1 object, that couldn't deal damage and was un-cloaked while moving it around.

Personally I can think of nothing worse then being down to 1v1 against Lesion because there's nothing you can do except run in the room as fast as possible and hope there isn't going to be a bunch of traps in the doorway.

The shit you're reading into my statement says more about you than it does about me. I don't have a desire to go there because I've looked at it since these threads never shut up about it and what I've seen was not something that appeals to me in any way.

I didn't suggest reddit was some evil cancer that must be purged from existence, I said I don't desire to go there. You've never found a game, a film or even some sort of dish that you didn't care for, no real negative feelings but you have no desire to experience it?

Whats up with all you nigga thinking these are like Kapkans or Frosts traps?

Lesions mines don't even do that much damage jesus

Do we actually have any solid confirmation of what Lesion's mines look like in-game? Screenshots of them from an attacker perspective? We've got people going nuts over "Invisible" mines, but as far as i'm concerned "cloaked" means "chameleon-ed" until i'm shown otherwise.

Besides they're fucking tiny so you can probably run straight past them without triggering them for all we know.

I don't like country music but I would never say

>I don't have any desire to listen to country music, ever, let alone hear an album
Reddit is just another fucking website on the internet. You can not like most of whats on YouTube and still use YouTube.

If you watch the gameplay some journalist uploaded he looks at the mine for a while and it's pretty much exactly the same as Echo's just the mines are a lot smaller than Yokai

>does damage, slight echo fucking, and need to take time to take it out of your leg
>still not 100% sure if it's a lifetime limit of 7 or unlimited with world limit of 7 deployed at once
>entire objective room can be loaded with this shit
>invisible so IQ can't even take it out

Could be a bit of an issue, yes.

also you forge new mines in your ass over time and they never have to move/break invisibility unlike the roombah, this ching chong will be ching strong

If you leave it in it goes away after some time you can just stop to take out the needle earlier if you want

>invisible so IQ can't even take it out
IQ can totally see them what are you talking about?

>IQ

I meant Twitch sorry

>IQ can't see them
>mines are actually low tech, just use ancient chinese majiks from powdered bat dicks and tiger eyes to create invisibility field powered by ancestors' ghosts

I like how hyperbolic your analogy is, really shows that you either didn't even read what I said or you're just as dumb as you seem.

Yeah its obvious they didn't test shit for balance.

lmao hyperbolic? it's not a fucking comparison to never eating again, just not listening to a specific genre of music like you won't use a specific website on the internet EVER

kek

this whole update is just secretly buffing IQ by proxy because they can't think of anything to do with her

I wish they had just made her less ugly instead.

NO SHE'S NOT UGLY

I'm okay with operators having existing operators to counter them rather than introducing a problem to be fixed later.

Saying I refuse to ever hear an album is literally contrary to my statement, and to compare reddit as a genre is hilarious considering that would mean we wouldn't have so much crossover and people constantly declaring shit "reddit". You're a fucking idiot who can't make an analogy or understand basic concepts.

you see em at benis

TTS is going to buckle under the load come August 29, and they're going to delay Blood Orchid by like a week because they'll be freaking out about the server overload.

Screencap this.

>Not invisible
>Like Echo but without the shimmer
Literally nothing wrong with this. Can easily be spotted while droning.

This general has been through the same thing multiple times in the past:
>Black Eyes? IQ must pick!
>Yokai? IQ must pick!
These days people still play Valkyrie and Echo but attackers still find and destroy their gadgets without needing IQ. This will be the same.

Why is IQ smiling at an active C4 that's dangerously close to her?

>i'm okay with an existing problem that has to be fixed almost two years later instead of fixing something now and maybe being smart enough to not break it in the future

Be honest, are you actually this retarded?

She knows she can finally escape the footfags via the sweet release of death

>attackers still find black eyes

The ESL's show you that is actually false.

I think you're overestimating the amount of players who actually bother installing and playing on the TTS.

>eventually they'll add a gadget that is 100% invisible, noiseless, immune to thatcher, can be stealthily deployed (i.e. no animation), and instantly kill attackers in an attempt to make IQ meta
>she'll still have lower pickrates than recruit

It's the first time any update worth a shit will be on the TTS.

I think it's pretty safe to assume lots of people will be clamoring to play Blood Orchid several days early after being starved for content for 6 months

Let's not forget.
>Lesion will probably know when one is set off by a score popup
>If Lesion is looking at it, a vanishing icon tells him exactly which one was set off
Could make for nice baits though if you spot a trap as a duo or something.

So the gadget releases high amounts of radiation in certain areas?

>If Lesion is looking at it, a vanishing icon tells him exactly which one was set off
Krapkan better get this feature too.

How IQ could have been fixed

>IQ Gadget reworked to disable electronics
>Can temporarily disable one electronic device using the gadget at a time
>Gadget will remain jammed as long as IQ has her gadget out and maintains LOs with the jammed gadget
>After 5 seconds of broken contact or putting away gadget, the jammed object returns to full functionality
>Items jammed are marked for all teammates to see

And the cherry on top

>Give IQ the choice between all 4 non frag gadgets
>Smokes, flashes, claymore and breaching charges
>She becomes a team utility focused attacker

How sick would that be seeing a Nitrocell get thrown and a quick IQ just jams the thing rendering it useless?

th-thanks

Kapkan needs something.
I get the argument that his traps are kills and could potentially catch multiple people, but it seems more like dumb luck to catch someone in a trap. They also have to be placed in doorways.
Lesion's traps can be placed anywhere on the floor and cloak, Ela's mines can be thrown on any surface. On top of that, both are not goddamn 1 speeds.

>less than ten packs won
>duplicate

might be good when the new valk face drops

Let Kapkan attach his device to any wall or vertical surface, in which case the laser sticks out perpendicularly. Don't change the explosion radius, so you can't (for example) kill someone on the opposite side of the room or something.

All kapkan really needs is to be 2 speed.

His gun is great and his gadget is decent if placed intelligently.

He just needs the speed to reinforce and then run off to go put his traps in sneaky spots across the map.

Remove laser, make the trap's size a little bigger and give him the little icon above his traps. That would at least make him a playable option.

During Midseason they normally make some pretty good balance changes to an op or two, hopefully he gets some love this time around.

you are retarded

Kapkan needs 4 IED's and to be a 2/2. Give the ACOG to his PP19 and you have pretty much solved him for most levels of play other than Plat and esports.

Is the operation health splash screen suppose to make me worship BBC

kapkan can be fixed
but how do you fix fatchanka