Sedans & Safety

Are there any modern sedans that weigh 4,500+ pounds that aren't luxury priced?

Sedans drive way way better than SUVs and trucks, but they're not safe!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-lwT_1g3Ms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any way to reliably "LIFT" a sedan like you would a truck so the bumpers match lol?

Also, If the 7 series or s class cars weren't such unreliable pieces of shit, I would consider getting a used one.

Ls500 seems like the only reasonable decision when looking for a heavy car for safety reasons.

Sauce for serious help.

Sedans are fat, bloated, heavy and numb. It's no wonder they've been replaced by the crew cab short box and the crossover.

>Are there any modern sedans that weigh 4,500+ pounds that aren't luxury priced?
You didn't specify if it's used or new so used VW Phaeton.

Used might be OK if it wasn't a German Piece of Fucking Shit!

Last good thing to come out of Germany was ww2!

Their cars don't last the 3 year lease period without requiring repairs beyond basic oil changes and such!

fucking hell

Look at the curb weight you fucking communist!

Compact cars are death traps when crashing into larger cars.

Do you even understand what my question is?

I've never seen a Holden dealership in my life. Why the fuck would I buy one of these pieces of shit?

kyspls

>but they're not safe!!!
What do you base that on?

>Their cars don't last the 3 year lease period without requiring repairs beyond basic oil changes and such!

Factually incorrect.

i wish i had sex with a black woman. that is one of my few regrets in life.

SUVs are usually considered "light trucks" and are in an entirely different and less stringent safety testing class than regular passenger cars.

Normal cars are significantly safer than any SUV. They are harder to roll over, they don't drive over other cars in an impact, they don't weigh as much as the Sun so they handle better for avoiding the crash in the first place.
SUVs offer the illusion of safety, which is far more dangerous than no safety at all. On top of that, because they are high volume production the build quality from nearly every manufacturer is subpar and the safety features cannot be trusted.

If you drive an SUV you are probably driving your own coffin.

They're not safe based on 1st semester physics and roadside fatality stats.

German Cars are absolute fucking garbage. All of those luxury car gizmos go out, not to mention the rampant electrical gremlin issues that these money pits force on you. Even the vehicle virgins guy had a fan go out in his ventilated seats. My 98 civic didn't have a single thing break for the first 11 years.

suck my ass and look for heavy sedans for me. They drive the best, and have the best visibility of all vehicles. NO MORE HATCHBACK!

They're relatively easy, especially if you go overseas and you are remotely hwite.

Also, I love big titties.

Why don't we instead tax vehicles based on their weight and size instead of displacement? 4000 pounds should be the cutoff point, and anything heavier will require commercial licenses, commercial insurance, and commercial taxes, and I don't think the average brotrucker is willing to pay that sort of money just to larp as a tacticool operator. Cars are too damn big, too damn heavy, and too damn thirsty, and the only answer we have is "make them bigger"?

>I love big titties.
who doesnt?

listen here you schnitzel-sucking pile of schutzstaffel shit, compacts and SUVs are several size classes apart, so no shit. You are comparing watermelons to cherries and acting surprised when the cherries get fucking crushed.
Try comparing an SUV to a full-size like that Holden Commodore, which, if you were at all a red-white-and-blue-blooded American, you would know is sold here as the Chevy SS.

Because taxing them based on how much they actually cost the consumer makes more sense than either of those things.

your model would put different trim levels of the same car in different tax brackets (based on weight added by equipment), creating massive price differences between otherwise identical cars.

>modern
Buy a Town Car and shut the fuck up.

You are a moron

>The SS is a Compact car
oh i am laffin

Dodge Charger

I didn't know it was the SS.
I love the SS.
My grandfather was an SS.

the point is, We share the road with SUVs and trucks, and the retards that drive them.

I want a sedan. I love cars. I love the visibility offered by the close rear view window.
BUT I don't want to die when someone gives me a fender bender in Chebby Suburban.

LS500
G80
G90
Matthew Mcconaughey Continental

anything else?
Why no more equus?

thx
that's not what I said. The ss is light weight. The corolla would be a compact. I'm trying to show you what I mean.
Looks, sounds, smells Old As Fuck car

You didn't recognize a car you love due to a different badge? I have some interesting news for you. Mercury Mountaineer Ford explorer and Lincoln Aviator, all the same car. Isint the world great.

you're not going to die because an SUV driver breathed on you, it's they who are far more likely to be injured when their rolling autism hugbox mounts your fender and flips the fuck over.

I personally saw a crash between a GM soft-roader SUV and a Miata. T-bone, moderate speed. Both cars were totalled but only the Miata was pointed the right way up and the SUV's occupants had to go the the hospital while the Miata driver just stood around looking upset.

4000 lbs light weight. Yeah right.

nigger the SS weighs 4000 lbs with a driver in it, most SUVs weigh that much

also there is FAR, FAR, FAR more to collisions than weight, we do not live in 1960 anymore, grow the fuck up.

mercury still exists?
The ss is only known because of youtube personality Dug Demyuro.
Holy chit.

Holden Commodore (VP)/Kerb weight
2,937 lbs

straight off google. sorry if i was wrong.

4000 + lbs is what I'm looking for

List me the safest large sedans that you know of!

Man that's some fat tiddies, pity about the aviators.

>pity about the aviators.

Why?

i wish i still had the pics, the SUV just drove over the Miata's hood and rolled sideways while the Miata just took it and probably would have driven away.

point is not all collisions are invariably fatal or injuious, the best you can do is drive a recent car with 10 airbags all pointed at your head, anything made after 1998 should be able to take a blow from a senseless carriage.

Bro.

It could've rolled over the driver's seat...

Or just a general knowledge of cars. When the SS came out I thought it was a civilian issue of the chevy Caprice ppv

pay per view?

Police patrol vehicle

They brought back the Caprice a couple years ago but only to be sold to the is government. You see them as cop cars and city owned vehicles.

They look fucking ugly on her small, tapered purse-lip face. Personal armchair opinion, of course.

Volvo S80
Volvo S70
Volvo 850
Volvo 740
Volvo 240

None of these weigh over 4000 lbs and are without question the safest and toughest cars ever built.

Sweden No!

kind of hard to mount the windshield from that angle and to aim for that spot on a Miata you would really have to be trying to kill the driver instead of making too-sharp of a turn across the nose of waiting traffic.

also it coulda happened but it didn't, that's more important than what if.

>VP commodore
They were made in 1991, of course they're light. The Zeta platform weighs ~1800kg and is probably safer than any vehicle you've very been in.

Crewcab small bed trucks are probably the most dumbest option for a pickup truck since.... forever...

But no one ever uses the bed so what the point

>he likes crossovers
Just be a man and drive a normal small and fun car, learn how to drive properly and don't get into an accident, faggot.

soy doesn't affect test levels

Fag

The answer is obviously Tesla Model S, which does not only satisfy your arbitrary weight requirement, it's also the safest car ever tested by Euro NCAP and on top of that it's faster than just about any supercar.

Oh, and it's one hundred percent American.

Yeah they're fucking stupid but I'd still take one over a Sedan any day. Still way more practical than some sedan.

Literally every adjective you used described a truck, not a sedan.

Car safety wouldn't be such a concern if so many people didn't drive oversized SUVs and truckbarges.

Naw. Modern trucks are designed to ride and feel like cars. Unless you get a $100k M3 or AMG or something it's just going to be a fat, fwd shitbox with lots of sound deadening and no road feel. That's what most people want in a sedan. And no your Mazda sedan isn't fun to drive. It's a numb and boring shitbox like all the other sedans out there.

tldr: Cars are boring, Get a truck.

Europe is all little clownboxes and they're way bigger safety cucks.

What's your point? European drivers ARE safer.

Europe tests safety differently, that's why the Buick Regal has a reinforced roof compared to its Euro counterpart the Opel Insignia, and it's why the current Mustang did fine in American tests but scored lower than a fucking Twingo in Europe.

LS swap is the solution to any and all german engineering.

>people are “Cucks” if they don’t want their car to roll over easily or kill the occupants in a 50mph crash

You sure about that? $50k a year to drive a car and you still have people like this. Even in germanistan, "The land of the driving Gods" you still have people pulling stupid shit on the autobahn and streets.
youtube.com/watch?v=h-lwT_1g3Ms

Yeah exactly look at the shit you faggots deal with. So really we shouldn't complain about 8 airbags in a 200hp $20k new car.

That hasn't really been an issue for a while. It's pretty easy to die if you roll at anything faster than that regardless of how safe the car is anyways. They're definitely more than safe enough as it is.

People don’t want to die driving you fucking moron and if you offer consumers something less likely to kill them than something else they will go with that one, all things considered.

Heavy =/= Safety

Unibodies all have crumple zones throughout the body to disperse damage away from the passenger cabin. Doors have ridiculously hard steel reinforcement beams to protect passengers during side collisions and airbags deploy with precision timing upon impact.

Although you could say more SRS items = more safety, then you're right, the car's gonna weigh more.

>$50k a year to drive a car
Does someone pay you for posting blatantly retarded shit?

>Yeah exactly look at the shit you faggots deal with.
You can buy things like these as 2018 models in Europe, you fucking clown. Enjoy your 20 airbags and 1 backup camera in the Greatest Country of Murrika.

If you don't want to die you drive something bigger. That's how it works in America and really the rest of the world should follow. People still buy fords even though they're likely to CO poison you. Give most people a choice between a 400hp car that will crumple and kill you or a safe shitbox and they'll pick the unsafe car. Unless they have to drive around their ex's kids.
Hows posting from the RSTUV for your bi-monthly $1000 safety inspection? Do they know your posting on a non haram website?

I can drive a 3000hp promod on the streets or a 26' truck with air brakes on a normal licence. Fuck production cars.

Probably not the weight you are looking for but Honda Accord's are pretty comfy.

>I can be a complete retard
Good on you, glad I don't live in the same shithole of a country.

>actually defending his country's cuckery
I expected nothing less.